New Challenge Every Day - August 12th

Locked Previous topicNext topic
starjake
Pronoun: he / him

Post by starjake » 4 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Phoenixes

.::Rules of the Game::.
This contest is a hybrid of the DCC and IIW/winner-is-judge games like Club Flamingo. Anyone can enter each day.

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or less entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points.

.::Scoring::.
Votes you receive each day go to your points for the duration of the contest (currently planned to end on Sat Aug 31, at which time the points will reset for the next month). The top overall scorer(s) at the end of this period will be the winner(s).

.::Note of the Day::.
Reviving this because it was fun. I'll do my best to keep it going. I'm seven hours behind GMT, so I'll try to post the next day's challenge at night my time (about 3 - 4 am GMT).

starjake

Post by starjake » 4 years ago

Radiant Feather (Common)

Enchantment
Phoenix spells you cast cost less to cast.
Activated abilities of Phoenix creatures you control and in your graveyard cost less to activate.
, Sacrifice Radiant Feather: Return all cards in exile to their owners' graveyards.

IIW: Bonds (the dual-guild "Bond of _____" cards from War of the Spark)
Last edited by starjake 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Phoenix Egg
2R
Creature - Phoenix Egg (Rare)
When Phoenix Egg dies, put a 3/3 red Phoenix creature token with flying and haste onto the battlefield, then shuffle Phoenix Egg into its owner's library.
0/1

IIW: Mana rocks.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 4 years ago

Spectacular Bennu, 3RR
Creature - Phoenix, R
Flying, trample
R: +1/+0 until end of turn.
At the end of each of your turns, if you activated the abilities of other Phoenixes at least four times that turn, you may put Spectacular Bennu onto the battlefield from your graveyard.
4/1

(IIW - fading/parallax)

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Raptorchan » 4 years ago

Itslav's Heatbird 3r
Creature - Phoenix (R)
Flying, haste
Bewitched3rr: Return Itslav's Heatbird from the graveyard to the battlefield. Activate this ability only if a player is enchanted.
3/3

IIW: Trains

ForestsCarl

Post by ForestsCarl » 4 years ago

Sparkbird RRR
Creature - Phoenix (R)
Flying
Remove two loyalty counters from a red planeswalker you control: Return Sparkbird from your graveyard to the battlefield. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
2/2

iiw:
millyourself rare/uncommon

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 4 years ago

Zhur-Taa Flamewing 1RR
Creature - Phoenix (R)
Flying
Bloodrush - 1RR, Discard Zhur-Taa Flamewing: Target attacking creature gets +2/+2 and gains flying until end of turn.
If you discard Zhur-Taa Flamewing, create a 0/1 red Egg creature token with "When you deal combat damage to an opponent, sacrifice this creature. If you do, return target card named Zhur-Taa Flamewing from your graveyard to the battlefield."
2/2

IIW: Treefolk

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

Ashen Phoenix 3r
Creature - Phoenix (u)
Flying
: Ashen Phoenix gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
Dash 1rr
You may cast Ashen Phoenix from your graveyard for its Dash cost.
1/2

IIW: A new hatebear

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 4 years ago

Phoenix of the Lost Land 1RR
Creature--Phoenix (Rare)
Flying, trample
whenever a land enters the battlefield from a graveyard or is returned to a hand from a graveyard, return phoenix of the lost land from your graveyard to the battlefield if it's in your graveyard or put a +1/+1 counter on it if it's on the battlefield
2/2

iiw: use the same number multiple times in rules text (like deal 7 damage and gain 7 life, etc)
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Fire-Crafted Disaster RRR
Enchantment Creature - Phoenix (M)
Flying, trample
RRR: Exile Fire-Crafted Disaster from your graveyard with ten star counters on it. For as long as it's exiled, whenever an enchantment enters or leaves the battlefield, remove a star counter from it. When you remove the last, return Fire-Crafted Disaster to the battlefield with six +1/+1 counters on it and destroy all permanents other than enchantments.
Purphoros kept it for a desperate, destructive resort.
3/2

IIW: Elementals of something unusual
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

Flight of the Phoenix (Rare)
4r
Sorcery
Create a 4/1 red Phoenix creature token with flying and haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.
Retrace (You may cast this card from your graveyard by discarding a land card in addition to paying its other costs.)

IIW: A card that gets another card "you own from outside the game". AKA a "Wish".
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”