starjake
Pronoun: he / him

Post by starjake » 4 years ago

Welcome to New Challenge Every Day!

Today's Challenge:
Card that give abilities, and those abilities give abilities

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or less entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points.

.::Scoring::.
Votes you receive each day go to your points for the duration of the month. The top overall scorer(s) at the end of the month will be the winner(s).
Ink-Treader: 6 (5)
Subject16: 5 (0)
Krishnath: 5 (3)
Henlock: 4 (2)
netn10: 3 (1)
void_nothing: 3 (2)
kwanyeegor-ii: 1 (0)
Legend: 1 (1)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
New mechanics
Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Ink-Treader, netn10 (High risk, high reward)

New mechanic, eh? I have one that I've been meaning to post, well I have several, but this one is the one I am the most proud of.

Presenting: Ceremony.

Ceremony is a mechanic I designed to go on enchantments and artifacts, but it can go on pretty much any permanent other than planeswalkers due to how they are designed.
It is written as follows:

Ceremony Cost (Cost, tap a creature you control: Put a Prayer counter on this permanent. Ceremony only as a sorcery.)

Once you have a certain number of Prayer counters, you can usually spend them for some effect, however, sometimes an effect simply becomes active when you reach a certain threshold of Prayer counters. It plays very well with Proliferate, obviously.

The Mechanic was designed for the "religious" colors, Black, Green, and White, but could in theory show up in other colors as well.

The Ceremony cost on the card I am going to present may seem high for the effect you get, but I have been tweaking it for a long time to reach optimal gameplay satisfaction and balance.

Anyway, enough exposition, on to the card!

Liturgy of the Rose BGW
Enchantment (Common)
Ceremony BGW (BGW, tap a creature you control: Put a Prayer counter on this permanent. Ceremony only as a sorcery.)
Remove three Prayer counters from Liturgy of the Rose: Return target creature, enchantment, or land card from your graveyard to your hand.
Ink-Treader wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Krishnath and void_nothing

I give you

Legacy [Cost] ((Cost), Exile this from your graveyard: Target creature you control gains this cards abilities. Activate this ability only whenever you could cast a sorcery.)

Sniper of the Piercing Gaze 1GW
Creature - Archer (U)
Reach, first strike
Legacy GW (GW, Exile this from your graveyard: Target creature you control gains this card's abilities. Activate this ability only whenever you could cast a sorcery.)
"A hand to seize, and a hand to covet. For Galgallone, we conquer and protect."
-Order of the Clutching Hand oath

3/2
netn10 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Ink-Treader, Legend

Leader (As long as this creature has the most power or the most toughness among creatures you control, it is your Leader)

Wolfpack Alpha 3GG
Creature - Wolf (Rare)
Leader (As long as this creature has the most power or the most toughness among creatures you control, it is your Leader)
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Wolfpack Alpha is your leader, it fights target creature you don't control.
5/5

IIW: Izzet-Simic collaboration project.
Subject16 wrote:
4 years ago
Ink-Treader, Henlock

Kinetic Burst 4R
Sorcery (Uncommon)
Galvanize 3 (Your energy can help cast this spell. Each you pay while casting this spell pays for 1. You may spend up two three this way.)
Kinetic Burst deals 5 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
The constables cornered Tashi in the boiler room. Just like she wanted.

IIW: Mirrodin Pure
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Krishnath, Henlock

Climbing Malevolence 3CCG
Creature - Nightmare Plant (U)
Flash
Reach
Parody (When this creature enters the battlefield, add C for each colored mana spent to cast it.)
1CG: Climbing Malevolence gets +1/+1 and gains indestructible until end of turn.
A stand of trees grew over the most far-flung manatomb, but this did not last.
4/3

IIW: Abilities activated from somewhere other than the battlefield
starjake wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Krishnath, Ink-Treader

Boast
Sorcery (C)
Showcase target non-showcased creature you control, until another permanent or player becomes showcased. Put two +1/+1 counters on it. (When choosing targets for a spell or ability, players must choose a showcased permanent or player, if able.)
Henlock wrote:
4 years ago
Inktreader, voidnothing

Militance
Encjantment - Aura (u)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+0.
Legate (When this aura is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, if it wasn't attached to a token creature, create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token and attach this aura to it)

IIW a hatebear

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Votes: Ink-Threader, netn10,

Abilities that give abilities, eh? I'd say it is a hard challenge, but not really.

Civil Unrest 2RG
Enchantment (Rare)
All creatures that enter the battlefield under your control have Riot (Those creatures enter the battlefield with your choice of a +1/+1 counter or haste.)

(Card grants riot, riot grants haste).

IIW: Music themed cards.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Krishnath, netn10

I'm chuffed that I suggested a Noble creature type a couple days ago, and now Thrones of Eldraine introduced it. I'm a prophet.

Tysha of the Amesha 1GWU
Legendary Creature - Angel (Mythic)
Flying, vigilance
Other creatures you control have Renown 1 (Whenever a creature with renown deals combat damage to a player, if it isn't renowned, put a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to its renown value and it becomes renowned.)
Renowned creatures you control have indestructible.
"Through the glory of combat are your names immortalized."
3/3

IIW: Food Tokens

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Subject16 wrote:
4 years ago
I'm chuffed that I suggested a Noble creature type a couple days ago, and now Thrones of Eldraine introduced it. I'm a prophet.
I figured it out around the time of the great creature type consolidation that it was needed, it felt weird that Lord of Atlantis was only a merfolk.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Ink-Treader
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Ink-Treader » 4 years ago

Votes: netn10, Henlock

Fragility Arcanum 2BB
Sorcery (R)
Until end of turn, Wizards and Warlocks you control gain "T: Destroy target creature." and other creatures you control gain "T: Until end of turn, whenever target creature is dealt damage, destroy it."

netn10

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Votes: Subject16, starjake

Age of Bio-Engineering 1GU
Enchantment (Rare)
Creatures you control have modify (Whenever a creature with modify enters the battlefield, it gain your choice of hexproof, trample or vigilance)

IIW: Izzet-Simic collaboration project.

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

Inktreader, netn10

Solemn Monument 4w
Enchantment (r)
Nontoken creatures you control have Exalted.
Nonattacking creatures with Exalted you control have indestructible.

IIW a hatebear

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: Subject16, Henlock

Warden of the Ringing Anvil 1RW
Creature - Cyclops Artificer (R)
Prevent all noncombat damage that would be dealt to Warden of the Ringing Anvil.
2RW: Monstrosity 2.
As long as Warden of the Ringing Anvil is monstrous, it has "T: Until end of turn, creatures you control gain "Whenever this creature deals damage to a player, create a colorless artifact token named Forgehammer. It has "T: This artifact deals 1 damage to any target."""
3/2

IIW: Madness
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

starjake

Post by starjake » 4 years ago

Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Enforce Law
Sorcery (C)
Target creature you control gains incarcerate until end of turn. (When it deals combat damage to a creature, that creature gains defender until the beginning of its controller's next end step.)

IIW: A new mechanic for Selesnya

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”