Lose, then gain

Legend
Aethernaut
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Legend » 3 years ago

How do I get all creatures I control to lose all abilities and then gain another? I want it to effect creatures that enter the battlefield afterwards. This is what I have currently.

Annihilation Factor (Uncommon)
3RG
Enchantment
Creatures you control lose all abilities and gain "You may have this creature assign its combat damage as though it weren't blocked."
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Since this is a static ability it will affect creatures no matter when they entered the battlefield. This wording is fine - it's the same as on Heliod's Punishment. Minor templating point: Objects "gain" abilities until end of turn and "have" them indefinitely. So you want this to say "have" and not "gain".
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

user_938036
Answers: 21

Post by user_938036 » 3 years ago

Be aware that losing all abilities will kill */* creatures. Before P/T were always set when abilities were striped away but in the last few years this hasn't been the case. Also it shuts off ETBs which may or may not be intentional.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

You want to use Darksteel Mutation as a reference: "loses all other abilities".
Creatures you control have "You may have this creature assign its combat damage as though it weren't blocked." and lose all other abilities.
Functionally no different (except for Muraganda Petroglyphs) is this:
Creatures you control lose all abilities.
Each creature you control may assign its combat damage as though it weren't blocked.
You may want to consider whether you want the Archetype text of "[...] and can't have or gain abilities."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Card Rulings”