Nowhere Fast

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 4 years ago

This card has driven me absolutely insane but I think I finally got the best wording. I do have another format for it that I think would also work but it's wordier and not as elegant. If this works, I'd rather use it than the alternative.

Nowhere Fast XR
Instant (M)
The next time this game a spell or ability you control causes you to roll, flip, vote, choose, or target, repeat your rolls, flips, votes, choices, or targets an additional X times and add these rolls, flips, votes, choices or targets to those rolls, flips, votes, choices or targets. (For example, Pithing Needle instructs you to choose a card name. If X=5, you'd choose six cards names for its effect. It's still one effect.)

user_938036
Answers: 21
Pronoun: he / him

Post by user_938036 » 4 years ago

I understand you want it to be an instant so you can respond when you would do one of these but then you also make it check the rest of the game which is a huge problem. You are better off with an enchantment that sacrifices itself for its effect and if you really need to, add flash.

Nowhere Fast XR
Enchantment (M)
~ enters the battlefield with X luck counters
The next time you would vote, roll a die, choose a target, choose a card name, choose a creature type, choose a color, or flip a coin. Repeat that effect for each luck counter on ~. If you do sacrifice ~. (For example, Adaptive Automaton instructs you to choose a creature type as it enters the battlefield. If there are 5 luck counters on ~ then you would choose 5 creature types. Adaptive Automaton would be all 5 creature types and would grant +1/+1 to any creature that is any of the selected types.)

The splitting up choose is to limit and clarify the effect and the problems that come with an unbound effect. This has the unfortunate problem of cutting off modal cards but the card is overall cleaner. The example is more inclusive making it obvious that linked ability function the way you think they do. It could technically be cut entirely. Just to clarify, whenever you target something, by the rules of the game, you are choosing the target.

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 4 years ago

Interesting. This pretty much does everything I need it to. Alright, I'll make the change. Thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Card Rulings”