ETB Layering

Legend
Aethernaut
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

Does the second ability make it so that other artifact creatures will enter the battlefield with an Equipment token?

Armed Creature (Rare)
Artifact Creature - Construct
0/0
Armed 1 (This creature enters the battlefield equipped with a colorless artifact Equipment token. It has "Equip 1" and "Equipped creature gets +1/+1.")
Other artifact creatures you control have armed 1.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

coco
Answers: 1

Post by coco » 4 years ago

I think you would need to use the template seen on Bloodlord of Vaasgoth.

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

coco wrote:
4 years ago
I think you would need to use the template seen on Bloodlord of Vaasgoth.
Perfect thanks!
Last edited by Legend 4 years ago, edited 5 times in total.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Yes, replacement effects that say "As...enters the battlefield" or the related "...enters the battlefield with..." need to start applying before the appropriate permanent is on the battlefield. That is why the Bloodlord is templated as such.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

WizardMN

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

Well, Riot is a replacement effect and works just fine as seen on Rhythm of the Wild. There is no reason Armed wouldn't work as well since it is basically the same idea.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

WizardMN wrote:
4 years ago
Well, Riot is a replacement effect and works just fine as seen on Rhythm of the Wild. There is no reason Armed wouldn't work as well since it is basically the same idea.
That's true! I had forgot how Rhythm was templated, meaning the original wording works as well.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Card Rulings”