Legend
Aethernaut
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

Is the wording correct?

Tracker(Common)
Artifact Creature — Construct Assassin
2/2
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, Tracker gets +1/+1 and gains each landwalk of that land's types until end of turn. (It can't be blocked as long as defending player controls a land of that type.)
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Mookie
Answers: 47
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

This doesn't work - you specifically need to call out the land's land type, or else you start granting Urza'swalk, artifactwalk, and dryadwalk. Which... aren't things that exist, to my knowledge.

I'm going to point to Excavator's oracle text for the proper wording - 'gains landwalk of each of the land types of that land until end of turn' would be my suggestion.

CalebLost
The Prince of the Ravens
Answers: 5
Pronoun: he / him

Post by CalebLost » 4 years ago

Mookie wrote:
4 years ago
This doesn't work - you specifically need to call out the land's land type, or else you start granting Urza'swalk, artifactwalk, and dryadwalk. Which... aren't things that exist, to my knowledge.

I'm going to point to Excavator's oracle text for the proper wording - 'gains landwalk of each of the land types of that land until end of turn' would be my suggestion.
Of the 3 example you made the only correct one is Urza'swalk (and I think that could work). Artifactwalk is not correct because Artifact is a card type not a land (sub)type, while Dryadwalk is a creature (sub)type not a land (Dryad Arbor typeline work as two halves Land - Forest and Creature - Dryad, Dryad is not a land type and Forest not a creature type)
Current Duel Commander Decks
EnemyShard
MerenAlesha
Rashmi
Jhoira
Tajic

Humbabella
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Humbabella » 4 years ago

Legend wrote:
4 years ago
Is the wording correct?

Tracker(Common)
Artifact Creature — Construct Assassin
2/2
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, Tracker gets +1/+1 and gains each landwalk of that land's types until end of turn. (It can't be blocked as long as defending player controls a land of that type.)
Excavator says:
Tap, Sacrifice a basic land: Target creature gains landwalk of each of the land types of the sacrificed land until end of turn.

So go with "Tracker gets +1/+1 and gains landwalk of each of the land types of that land until end of turn."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Card Rulings”