Wedge Tribal

MonoRayJak
Bad Idea Engine
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MonoRayJak » 3 years ago

Ok, so, first off, I am not one-hundred percent sure this is the right place to put this, but it is my best guess.

OK, long story short, I am making a set based around tribes in the wedges. As of now, I have:
Mardu Vampires
Temur Werewolves
Abzan Humans
Sultai Zombies

I have no idea what to put the Jeskai tribe as though, I feel like spirits could be a decent fit, but I also feel like this could be changing too much to a wedge-themed Innistrad, and I would prefer it to stay away from that if possible, of course, it's already pretty close. Any ideas on tribes for Jeskai?
I don't know what this is for.

Mookie
Answers: 47

Post by Mookie » 3 years ago

Birds would be my first suggestion. After that... maybe Dwarves? If you wanted something more exotic, Djinn could also be worth consideration.

I think a lot of it would depend on the theme / setting of the set, and given the already-chosen tribes, it looks pretty close to Innistrad. I'd recommend deciding on the setting / influences first, and possibly swapping out a few of the already-chosen tribes. If you know what flavor the setting will have, choosing tribes will be much easier.

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

MonoRayJak wrote:
3 years ago
Ok, so, first off, I am not one-hundred percent sure this is the right place to put this, but it is my best guess.

OK, long story short, I am making a set based around tribes in the wedges. As of now, I have:
Mardu Vampires
Temur Werewolves
Abzan Humans
Sultai Zombies

I have no idea what to put the Jeskai tribe as though, I feel like spirits could be a decent fit, but I also feel like this could be changing too much to a wedge-themed Innistrad, and I would prefer it to stay away from that if possible, of course, it's already pretty close. Any ideas on tribes for Jeskai?
Djinns would work. Possibly efreet, elemental or reflection depending on what your going for. Shapeshifter or changeling maybe. Angels. I made some white red and blue demons once just to see what I could with it. Could be interesting. Constructs or warriors could be another option. Nobles. Lol

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Four out of five of the Innistrad tribes is odd; I'd suggest changing one of the others. Werewolves with U feel odd unless Werewolves work way differently on this world than on others.

As others have said, the last tribe would have to depend on the setting, but Dwarves seem fun with an artifact theme, or else one of the "furries" tribes: Birds/aven, Cats/leonin, etc.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

I think faeries might be interesting. Innistrad was gothic horror but a more urban fantasy similar to underworld or lost girl and such would be cool

Ryder
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ryder » 3 years ago

@MonoRayJak
Mardu Vamps is perfect.
Abzan screams Spirits / undead to me.
Jeskai Dwarves would be great.
How would you feel about Surrakar Sultai?
I also don't see U werewolves. Temur could be Elementals, as in Omnath, Locus of the Roil. Or a class-based tribal. Shamans?

Zero_Origin

Post by Zero_Origin » 3 years ago

Cool thread! I'm curious to see what you come up with, since I'm actually working on a tribal approach to my Return to Khans set right now.

Some possibilites:
Mardu: Vampires are probably the best. Warriors, humans, or knights would work here as well.
Temur: Not enough blue for werewolves. Elementals all the way. Or shamans. And surprisingly, mutants could fit here as well.
Abzan: Treefolk, legendaries, and spirits!
Jeskai: I don't see enough blue in dwarves to justify it. Then again, I also don't see enough red in birds, but Akim, the Soaring Wind is a thing. Monks, wizards, and even soldiers would work.
Sultai: Zombies are great, if not overdone. Horrors, or snakes/naga could be some cool new design space.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Set Creation”