The DCC - March 29, 2024

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now
Pronoun: he / him

Post by bravelion83 » 2 hours ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

I literally just came back home, so sorry for the slight delay. Yesterday there was a moment when I felt somewhat like Alfred in the big city but in the end it went very well. I did what I had to do.

DCC Scoreboard

netn10 72 (+2)
bravelion83 62 (+4)
OneAndOnly 55 (+1)
Rithaniel 55 (+1)
RattingRots 46
marioguy3 42 (+2)
archemedesx 33 (+4)
void_nothing 11
KB52665 4
MonoRedMage 4

bravelion83 wrote:
1 day ago
Votes: marioguy3, archemediesx

Today I'm introducing you to another planeswalker from my big table. Alfred (Abzan colors) is a loxodon archaeologist, but that's where the similarities with Quint end. Alfred suffers from social anxiety. He lives as a hermit, wondering from one archeological site to another, completely alone. He explores the ruins, picturing the real buildings and structures they once were in his mind, and wanting to live in his own mental reconstructions. Dealing with the real world and with other people is the last thing he wants. If he ever meets you, consider yourself lucky if you even just manage to talk to him. But he's actually a good person in his heart, so maybe, just maybe, he could help you, but he will always pose one condition whatever you ask of him: that whatever he has to do, he does it alone. He was born in a farm, where his parents taught him everything about farming life. His social anxiety hadn't yet manifested as a child, but he actually never enjoyed life in the farm. He couldn't accept to spend his whole life there. So as soon as he became adult he left the farm and went in the big city in search of fortune. He lived a few years in the city, and there his social anxiety started to show up. It made life in the city increasingly difficult for him, until one day, almost desperate, he made the only thing he could: he left the city and started his life as a hermit archaeologist. As long as he's alone, he's fine now, and he enjoys this lifestyle a lot, but don't ask him to stay around people for a long time. He just can't.

Archaeological Discovery 2WBG
Sorcery (R)
Return up to one target artifact card, up to one target creature card, up to one target enchantment card, and up to one target land card from your graveyard to your hand.
Exile Archaeological Discovery.
"Farm life was boring. City life was distressing. Archaeological hermitage is exciting!"
—Alfred
archemediesx wrote:
1 day ago
Votes: bravelion83 , netn10

Hair of the Dog 4B
Sorcery (C)
Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Create a Libation token. (It's an artifact with "2, T, Sacrifice this artifact: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. It becomes euphoric. Activate only as a sorcery.)
Ambrose is renowned for its liquid breakfasts.
netn10 wrote:
23 hours ago
Votes: archemedesx, marioguy3

Sheriff's Badge 1
Artifact - Equipment (Rare)
Equipped creature has vigilance and "3, T: Exile target outlaw until this creature or until Sheriff's Badge leaves the battlefield".
Equip non-outlaw 3
marioguy3 wrote:
22 hours ago
Votes: archemediesx, netn10

HM: bravelion83: I like the idea of the card; I feel like it's missing indestructible to make the card feel whole (and more playable).

Day 24: Lightning Scream
Instant (Rare)
Replicate
Lightning Scream deals 2 damage to each opponent and each creature that player controls.
The more thunder roams the lands, the greater the fear.
OneAndOnly wrote:
21 hours ago
Votes: Rithaniel, bravelion83
Ylissa, the Growing Storm -- 1RRR
Legendary Creature - Efreet {R}
Flying
Whenever you cast a red historic spell, create a Lightning Bolt token.
Whenever you have ten or more Lightning Bolt tokens, cast all Lightning Bolt tokens you contro without paying their costl. (They become a red instant spell with mana value R and "This spell deals 3 damage to any target." Exile them upon resolution.)
3/2
Rithaniel wrote:
4 hours ago
Votes: bravelion83, OneAndOnly

Faithless Dictum
Sorcery R
Choose one—
  • Search your library for a blue or black creature card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle.
  • Each creature that is colorless or a color other that black or green gets -7/-7 until end of turn.
  • Return up to three green or blue cards from your graveyard to your hand. Then exile Faithless Dictum.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now
Pronoun: he / him

Post by bravelion83 » 2 hours ago

Votes: archemediesx, Rithaniel

Marine Predator UB
Creature — Fish (R)
1{U/B}, T: Surveil 1. Put two +1/+1 counter on Marine Predator. It becomes a Shark. Activate only if Marine Predator is a Fish.
2{U/B}{U/B}, T: Surveil 2. Put four +1/+1 counter on Marine Predator. It becomes a Kraken. Activate only if Marine Predator is a Shark.
3{U/B}{U/B}{U/B}, T: Draw three cards. Activate only as a sorcery, only once each turn, and only if Marine Predator is a Kraken.
2/2
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”