NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Falmis of the Thousand Tricks G
Legendary Creature - Ouphe (R)
1W, T: Tap target artifact. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
U, T: Untap target artifact.
3B, T: Create a Food token.
2R, T: Create a Treasure token.
2/1

IIW: Green Knights outside Eldraine
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

jamblock

Post by jamblock » 3 years ago

Graverobbing Rotflitter 2UB
Creature - Faerie Zombie (R)
Flying
When Graverobbing Rotflitter enters the battlefield, return target creature card from a graveyard to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control. That creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step as long as you control Graverobbing Rotflitter.
2/1

IIW: Sharks that aren't monoblue

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 3 years ago

Cahran, eyes of the God-Pharaoh 2UB
Legendary Creature - Human Rogue
If Cahran, eyes of the God-Pharaoh is a token, it enters the battlefield tapped, and doesn't untap during your untap step
At the beginning of your upkeep, surveil 2.
Whenever a creature card is put into your graveyard from anywhere, Cahran gets +1/+0 and gains menace until end of turn.
Embalm ub
2/4

IIW: Combine 2 named mechanics from standard sets as far back as Amonkhet.

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

Burrowing Mite 1B
Creature - Insect (R)
Burrowing Mite doesn't untap during your untap step. When it doesn't, you lose 2 life.
B, T: Target player gains control of Burrowing Mite for as long as it remains tapped.
1/1

IIW: Landfall

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Here's a Repeat that didn't win its debut:

Face Hugger 1UU
Creature - Octopus (R)
Flash
When Face Hugger enters the battlefield tap target creature.
That creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step for as long as you control Face Hugger.
2/2

IIW:oozes
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

Is "your untap step" also fine?

Age-Worn Titan 3R
Artifact Creature — Golem Warrior (R)
Trample, menace
Age-Worn Titan enters the battlefield tapped and doesn't untap during your untap step.
Sacrifice a nontoken artifact: Untap Age-Worn Titan.
Its ancient mechanisms require constant repair with spare parts, but it can still lay waste to half an army given the chance.
8/5

IIW: Tokenlink (like squirrellink, but pick a token of your choice)

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

Conflicted Contractor
Creature - Human Artificer (R)
As long as Conflicted Contractor is untapped, copy each triggered ability you control from an artifact source. You may choose new targets for the copy.
: Gain control of Conflicted Contractor and tap it. It doesn't untap during its controller next untap step. Any opponent may activate this ability.
With many lucrative contracts you may find yourself not completing even one.
0/3

IIW: Gladiators

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 years ago

Hi everyone! I'll be judging in 24 hours.

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

my idea for this challenge was to make elesh norn that locks down all other creatures

then I decided to turn it up to 11 and make a tabernacle at pendrell vale that applies this ability to all creatures (and allows you to untap them for 1).

but, uh. I didn't make a card.
MEG

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

Desertflight Master 2RW
Creature--Human Warrior (Rare)
Haste
You may exert Desertflight Master as it attacks. When you do, up to three target creatures each get +2/+0 and gain flying until end of turn.
Some crop-leaders spur their followers to touch the sky
1/4

iiw homes or lairs
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

MonoRedMage
Pronoun: they / them

Post by MonoRedMage » 3 years ago

Footsteps of the Quake RR
Sorcery {C}
Target creature you control gets +2/+0 and gains trample until end of turn.
Tap target land. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.

IIW: A new artifact or enchantment subtype

lookingupanddown

I decided to split the cards into four categories, depending on what they do, for ease of judging.
Tap Others (void_nothing, Ulka, MonoRedMage)
Show
Hide
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Falmis of the Thousand Tricks G
Legendary Creature - Ouphe (R)
1W, T: Tap target artifact. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
U, T: Untap target artifact.
3B, T: Create a Food token.
2R, T: Create a Treasure token.
2/1

IIW: Green Knights outside Eldraine
This is a very interesting take on a 5-color artifacts matter legend. I could definitely see Reaper King players swapping their commanders out for this. I really like the Food and Treasure generation as a way to amass artifacts, too. My only issue is the white ability, which doesn't really vibe with anything else. It's super narrow, for use against either other artifact decks, stax decks, or turning off your own Winter Orb. There are probably lots more uses, but it really sticks out.
Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
Here's a Repeat that didn't win its debut:

Face Hugger 1UU
Creature - Octopus (R)
Flash
When Face Hugger enters the battlefield tap target creature.
That creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step for as long as you control Face Hugger.
2/2

IIW:oozes
It's Dungeon Geists with flash. What sells me on the card is the flavor. It's straightforward, easy to understand flavor that is definitely more obvious, and for me better, than the Geists are, plus it allows for some space for some much-needed humor.
MonoRedMage wrote:
3 years ago
Footsteps of the Quake RR
Sorcery {C}
Target creature you control gets +2/+0 and gains trample until end of turn.
Tap target land. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.

IIW: A new artifact or enchantment subtype
I really liked red's foray into keeping lands tapped. While it didn't really pan out due to not being as pushed as it could have been, designs like this show where it could have gone. I'll play this all day in Limited, and maybe consider for smaller aggro decks in Standard, and maybe as a silver bullet in some Commander decks (so Feather and friends).

Winner for this group: MonoRedMage
Tap Themselves (spacemonaut and kwanyeegor-ii)
Show
Hide
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
Is "your untap step" also fine?

Age-Worn Titan 3R
Artifact Creature — Golem Warrior (R)
Trample, menace
Age-Worn Titan enters the battlefield tapped and doesn't untap during your untap step.
Sacrifice a nontoken artifact: Untap Age-Worn Titan.
Its ancient mechanisms require constant repair with spare parts, but it can still lay waste to half an army given the chance.
8/5

IIW: Tokenlink (like squirrellink, but pick a token of your choice)
A classic design, this was more of what I was imagining this game would go, to be honest. Always had a soft spot for cards like this, as someone who has tried to make an Altar Golem deck multiple times. This looks like it could enable some infinite combo in either an artifact-filled Standard or certain Commander decks.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
Desertflight Master 2RW
Creature--Human Warrior (Rare)
Haste
You may exert Desertflight Master as it attacks. When you do, up to three target creatures each get +2/+0 and gain flying until end of turn.
Some crop-leaders spur their followers to touch the sky
1/4

iiw homes or lairs
I didn't realize exert fits the requirements. That's a smart way around things.
Haste really carries the card. 7 flying damage on turn 4 is pretty good for the usual red-white aggro deck in Standard by itself, but this can push three other creatures beyond blockers and directly to your opponent's face. Good stuff all around.

Winner for this round: spacemonaut
Passed Around (NinjaCaterpie and Lorn Asbord Schutta)
Show
Hide
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
3 years ago
Burrowing Mite 1B
Creature - Insect (R)
Burrowing Mite doesn't untap during your untap step. When it doesn't, you lose 2 life.
B, T: Target player gains control of Burrowing Mite for as long as it remains tapped.
1/1

IIW: Landfall
The life loss clause looks like Mangara, the Diplomat's creature attack clause, in that it's functional, but looks weird. This causes a game of hot potato as you and you opponent/s keep Shocking yourselves, but it does feel like it'll get stuck somewhere and just slowly drain them to death.
Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
3 years ago
Conflicted Contractor
Creature - Human Artificer (R)
As long as Conflicted Contractor is untapped, copy each triggered ability you control from an artifact source. You may choose new targets for the copy.
: Gain control of Conflicted Contractor and tap it. It doesn't untap during its controller next untap step. Any opponent may activate this ability.
With many lucrative contracts you may find yourself not completing even one.
0/3

IIW: Gladiators
Another good card for artifact decks and their inevitable mirror match. I really like the continuous artifact clause on this one, especially with how it translates with the second ability. Unlike Burrowing Mite above, this will go around. I worry it would never stick and actually do something, but the politics would definitely be interesting... unless someone blows it up.

Winner for this group: Lorn Asbord Schutta
Reanimator (jamblock and chetoos)
Show
Hide
These two cards both use a sideways version of reanimator that basically turns the creature into an enchantment if you don't have an untap effect. I like how the design space led to two very similar cards with very different purposes.
jamblock wrote:
3 years ago
Graverobbing Rotflitter 2UB
Creature - Faerie Zombie (R)
Flying
When Graverobbing Rotflitter enters the battlefield, return target creature card from a graveyard to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control. That creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step as long as you control Graverobbing Rotflitter.
2/1
IIW: Sharks that aren't monoblue
I like the flexibility this card provides. Usually this will bring something back on your side to exert some effect on the field (unless you have an untap effect). The good part of this card is that you can give anyone their creature back. An ally in multiplayer could get a beneficial effect back, and you can watch a high-risk high-reward deck squirm under its own weight. My only issue is it might be a bit undercosted.
chetoos wrote:
3 years ago
Cahran, eyes of the God-Pharaoh 2UB
Legendary Creature - Human Rogue
If Cahran, eyes of the God-Pharaoh is a token, it enters the battlefield tapped, and doesn't untap during your untap step
At the beginning of your upkeep, surveil 2.
Whenever a creature card is put into your graveyard from anywhere, Cahran gets +1/+0 and gains menace until end of turn.
Embalm ub
2/4

IIW: Combine 2 named mechanics from standard sets as far back as Amonkhet.
This is the more reliable of the two. You know exactly what you're getting here, which is more card filtering. I like the small creature mill/surveil reward, and that it's still available once embalmed. Not exciting, but serviceable.

Winner for this group: jamblock
Final standing:
4th: MonoRedMage
3rd: Lorn Asbord Schutta
2nd: spacemonaut
1st: jamblock

Next: Sharks that aren't monoblue

MonoRedMage
Pronoun: they / them

Post by MonoRedMage » 3 years ago

Frenzy Feeder 3R
Creature - Shark {U}
Islandwalk
Frenzy Feeder has bloodthirst X, where X is the number of other creatures you control.
RR: Target creature can't block Frenzy Feeder this turn.
2/2

IIW: A way to hide your power

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

Chomping Sandshark 2R
Creature - Shark Beast (U)
Desertwalk, haste
Morph 1R
When Chomping Sandshark is turned face up, it fights target creature.
3/2

Yes, there are not many sets this card would fit into.

IIW: landfall

Megiddo
MEG

Chondrich Brawler 1GG
Creature — Shark Warrior {U}
Bloodthirst 1
When Chrondrich Brawler enters the battlefield, if it has a +1/+1 counter on it, you may have it fight target creature an opponent controls.
3/2

IIW: A bigger, dumber version of a card you like.
MEG

lookingupanddown

Periphery Stalker 2BBB
Creature - Nightmare Shark
Creatures blocking Periphery Stalker get -1/-1.
Whenever Periphery Stalker deals combat damage to a player, that player discards two cards at random.
Miles away from the shore, it is relegated in the corners of your vision, where it is the most dangerous
4/4
Last edited by lookingupanddown 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

Trench Gutter
Creature - Shark (R)
Lifelink
Whenever a spell or ability reduces power and toughness of a creature opponent controls, Trench Gutter gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
Sacrifice a land: Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
In Selkies of Mora tongue sharks are called 'Nosferatu'.
3/3

IIW: The first thing you will see after reading this IIW
Last edited by Lorn Asbord Schutta 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Sorandun, Who Basks in Glory 5WW
Legendary Creature - Elder Shark (M)
Whenever Sorandun attacks, another target creature you control gains lifelink and "Whenever you gain life, put that many +1/+1 counters on this creature" until end of turn.
At the beginning of your end step, untap all creatures you control if you gained 3 or more life this turn, draw a card if you gained 5 or more life this turn, and put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control if you gained 7 or more life this turn.
The Great Mouth of the Shallows brings all groups of beings - be they schools or kingdoms - to order and plenty.
7/7

IIW: A card from a modernized sequel to a pre-block-system set (like Coldsnap was for Ice Age)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

jamblock

Been prepping for a driving trip and today am doing the driving. Will try to judge tonight

jamblock

Monored: very top down and thorough. I like it. Not sure about that take on bloodthirst x though.
Ninjacaterpie: love the flavor and also everything else about it. Very silly fun design.
Megiddo: a card that feels very real and pretty strong and makes me want to see the art.
Looking: the hitting a player ability is brutal but the cost is aggressive. Tough to evaluate.
Lord: this is a very interesting card overall and I like the things it does I only wish it felt more sharky
Void: a very powerful co-attacker that can get out of hand fast-ish. Love it as a commander but not feeling the sharkness

Winner: ninjacaterpie
Next: landfall

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 3 years ago

Unstable Symbiont 2G
Creature - Beast (uncommon)
Mutate 3g
Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may return this creature to its owner's hand.
Whenever a creature you control mutates, you gain 2 life.
While the crystals seem to invigorate the other beasts, this one seems shy of them, almost as if they cause it pain. - Vivien Reed's Journal.
3/3

IIW: Combine 2 named mechanics from as far back as Amonkhet.
Last edited by chetoos 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

lookingupanddown

The Makindi Destroyer 5WWWW
Legendary Artifact Creature - Construct (Mythic Rare)
Vigilance
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under you control, destroy all other creatures. If that land is a Plains, you may pay 2. If you do, destroy all other nonland permanents instead.
The last resort of the ancient kor empires lives to this day, awaiting its final commands.
7/7

IIW: artifacts made of lodestone

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Terror of the Roil 3BB
Sorcery (R)
All creatures get -3/-3 until end of turn. Each player discards a card at random.
Landfall - If you had a land enter the battlefield under your control this turn, put a creature card at random from the graveyard of an opponent of your choice onto the battlefield under your control.

IIW: Big blue idiots

jamblock

Annexation Sprite 2GU
Creature - Faerie (R)
Flying
Landfall – Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, choose target land an opponent controls. If that opponent controls more lands than you, gain control of that land. Otherwise, put a +1/+1 counter on Annexation Sprite and you gain 1 life.
2/2

IIW: Echo costs that don't equal the mana cost

Megiddo
MEG

Warren Ace RR
Creature — Goblin Warrior {M}
Haste
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, take an extra turn after this one. At the beginning of that turn's end step, you lose the game.
A goblin's oath
—Kor phrase meaning "a broken promise"

2/2

IIW: LOVE
MEG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”