NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

NinjaCaterpie
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

Jund, Shard of Rage BBBRRRRGGG
Legendary Artifact - Planar Vehicle (M)
Trample, indestructible
When Jund, Shard of Rage deals combat damage to a player, that player sacrifices all permanents they control.
Crew 15
30/15

Don't ask me what happened to Magic Story.

IIW: insanely powerful things (narratively)
Last edited by NinjaCaterpie 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

NinjaCaterpie wrote:
4 years ago
Jund, Shard of Rage BBBRRRRGGG
Artifact - Planar Vehicle (M)
Trample, indestructible
When Jund, Shard of Rage deals combat damage to a player, that player sacrifices all permanents they control.
Crew 15
30/15

Don't ask me what happened to Magic Story.
I'm not sure how to react

Should it be >It's not even legendary

Or "I'll take this storyline as long as Chandra x Nissa is a thing in it"
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

NinjaCaterpie

void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Should it be >It's not even legendary
ups

TacticalCelebrant
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 4 years ago

Gonna judge by midnight tonight.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Undercity Explorer 3UU
Artifact - Vehicle (R)
Protection from instants and from lands
Whenever Undercity Explorer deals combat damage to a player, untap all artifacts.
Crew 3
Only a mad genius would include "submersible," "drill," and "metal detector" in the same blueprints.
5/5

IIW: (Colored) enchantments and C
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

TacticalCelebrant

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 4 years ago

Judgement!

Cythare Godzilla Cannon
Ha. I can imagine this being part of the Godzilla promo cards in Ikoria. I wonder what the corresponding Ikoria card would look like. Presumably some sort of Lizard Vehicle. Mutate is certainly something I didn't expect to see on a vehicle. This deals at least 4 damage when it attacks, so it reminds me of a Glorybringer, but swaps out Exert for Crew 2, and Flying for Mutate. Pretty cool.
Colors: Gruul/10
Vehicles: Bzzap/10
Card: 8.5/10

NinjaCaterpie Jund, Shard of Rage
Can you pilot a shard? I mean, according to this card, I guess you can. This is the kind of thing I imagine a group of D&D players trying to pull off. But then also, could you pilot a shard? It already costs 10 specific colored mana, and requires 15 power on board. To attack with something that can die to Murder. At that point, why not just attack with your creatures that have 15 power? Because you get to throw a Jund at their face, obviously. Still kInda a "win more" card, but for something this big that's not the point. The point is how cool it is when you pull it off.
Colors: Jund/10
Vehicles: Jund/10
Card: Jund/10

void_nothing Undercity Explorer
So it turns out that one of the 3 cards that is a vehicle and has a colored mana cost is also a submarine. Silent Submersible. Don't know if this was intentional. I could picture this being like, an improved version of that. Ravnica certainly seems to be the only plane I can think of that would have space for a submarine under some city. The untap all artifacts clause is weird. I usually associate exploration and excavation with returning artifacts from the graveyard or something. The protection from lands clause isn't likely to come up super often, unless there is an environment that specifically calls for it. So where is this for? Some sort of Ravnica city-set that has an artifact theme and a land theme? If so, this would fit right in.
Colors: Blue/10
Vehicles: Glub/10
Card: 8/10

Winner: Cythare
Next: A 4-cmc creature

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Hey, it WAS intentional! Silent Submersible should have been wackier and more fun and that's what I was trying to do.

scarbo

Post by scarbo » 4 years ago

Ventriloquist Clique 2ub
Creature - Faerie (R)
Flash
Flying
Whenever Ventriloquist Clique enters the battlefield or attacks, exile target instant or sorcery card from a graveyard.
You may cast cards exiled with Ventriloquist Clique, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast those spells.
2/3
Last edited by scarbo 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Hey, it WAS intentional! Silent Submersible should have been wackier and more fun and that's what I was trying to do.
... and it should have had evasion, which yours has, so it's automatically an improvement :P

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 4 years ago

Charging Swarm 1GGG
Creature - Insect Boar
Mutate 4GGG
Trample, vigilance
Whenever this creature mutates, other creatures you control get +2/+2 and gain vigilance and trample until end of turn.
5/5

IIW: Choose a card from a recent set (anything released after guilds of ravnica. reprints from standard sets are fine, but for something like commander etc, only if new art) and make a new card based on the art.

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

Eccentric Investor 2WU
Creature - Human Advisor (R)
Flash
When Eccentric Investor enters the battlefield, exile any number of permanents you control. Create a Gold token for each permanent exiled this way.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may return a card exiled with Eccentric Investor with converted mana cost equal to or less than the number of artifacts you control to your hand.
2/2

IIW: Odd or even
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Preening Manticore 2RR
Creature - Manticore (R)
Flying, trample
Whenever Preening Manticore deals damage to a permanent with lesser converted mana cost, create a Gold token.
Whenever Preening Manticore deals damage to a permanent with greater converted mana cost, exile the top card of your library. You may play it until the end of your next turn.
It is convinced its own horrid face is the most beautifully proportionate of all.
4/3

IIW: Ferrets or Otters

NinjaCaterpie

Wildbond Armorer 2RG
Creature - Human (M)
X, T: Return target creature card with power X or less from a graveyard to the battlefield under target Human you control. They mutate into the creature on top plus all abilities from under it. If the returned creature would leave the battlefield, exile it instead
2/3

IIW: Behemoth, mutate! (but for real this time)

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

I forgot about this, but have remembered!

scarbo - This is neat, but I don't like that you can theoretically keep recasting the same instant or sorcery. I don't know how to accomplish this without making it super wordy, though. The idea of this just casting the same Lightning Bolt every turn seems un-fun. I like the concept if this loophole can be closed, though!

chetoos - a 5/5 trample, vigilance for 4 seems too high to me. There are other cards that can get there (like Ramunap Hydra, Woodland Wanderer, and Mowu, Loyal Companion), but they all ask a little more of you to get there. Make this a 4/4 and I'm in, though.

mellifluoresce - This is neat! I like the trade you get, and the tension of using the gold but risking not being able to return a card you want.

void_nothing - I kind of wish this didn't have flying so that its triggers would come up more often. The combination of the rest of the of abilities and the way it cards about cmc is quite cool, though.

NinjaCaterpie - This feels like a bit of a kludge, but it's not your fault that mutate specifically excludes Humans. I do appreciate that you require that the dead are the armor and not suddenly a living thing wearing a human.

HM: void_nothing
Winner: mellifluoresce
Next: Odd or even
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

chetoos

Aggressive Feeding 2GG
Sorcery (R)
Choose Odd or Even, then each creature you control with power of the chosen value gains "T:This creature fights target creature you don't control." (Zero is even)

IIW: Design a magic card based on your favorite pokemon.

NinjaCaterpie

Riftbreaker 1RW
Creature - Human Warrior (U)
Vanishing 3
Riftbreaker has vigilance as long as it as an even number of time counters on it.
Riftbreaker has double strike as long as it has an odd number of time counters on it.
4/4

IIW: double strike

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 4 years ago

I've noticed that (despite still luckily working every day) when I'm not in the office I'm not coming here to distract me from that day to day grind. looks like maybe it's happening for others too?

Counting Construct X
Artifact Creature — Construct {R}
Counting Construct enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it. If X is odd, it enters with a trample counter on it. If X is even, it enters with a first strike counter on it.
*/*

Though when this is what my brain is coming up with... maybe not even that great.
I may revisit this to have the "even" ability be an ETB triggered ability so you can hack it to work with 0, but that requires having an ability that works at 0 that's still relevant at 8. something to ponder. Something to ponder.

IIW: A card they could man an alt-art as ULTRAMAN for in Ikoria.
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Boris's Guesswork 2BR
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose odd or even, then reveal the bottom card of your library. If it's a nonland card with converted mana cost of the chosen value, you lose life equal to its converted mana cost and may cast it without paying its mana cost.
BR, Pay 1 life: Put a nonland card chosen at random from your graveyard on the bottom of your library.

(Boris Devilboon - he was a lich who predicted the future with less than 100% accuracy. Really!)

IIW: Expand on another bad legend from Legends.

w0mbat

Post by w0mbat » 4 years ago

Chaotic Wellspring
Artifact {U}
At the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card.
At the beginning of your end step, if the number of charge counters on Chaotic Wellspring is odd, target opponent gains control of it.
: Put a charge counter on chaotic wellspring. Any player may activate this ability.

IIW: A card with three Types (e.g. Artifact Land Creature, etc.)

chetoos

Judge?

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

Parity Animal 2GW
Creature — Hyena Beast
Trample
As Parity Animal enters the battlefield, choose odd or even.
If Parity Animal would be dealt damage of the chosen value, prevent that damage and put a +1/+1 counter on it.
3/3

IIW: A tokenlink ability, like squirrellink

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

chetoos wrote:
4 years ago
Aggressive Feeding 2GG
Sorcery (R)
Choose Odd or Even, then each creature you control with power of the chosen value gains "T:This creature fights target creature you don't control." (Zero is even)

IIW: Design a magic card based on your favorite pokemon.
Strong limited card, unexcited by the creative. Nothing really screams to me as particularly good or bad, but it's not a particularly fulfilling quest to accomplish.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
4 years ago
Riftbreaker 1RW
Creature - Human Warrior (U)
Vanishing 3
Riftbreaker has vigilance as long as it as an even number of time counters on it.
Riftbreaker has double strike as long as it has an odd number of time counters on it.
4/4

IIW: double strike
This reminds me of some Hearthstone cards that i think behave quite similarly. I like the dynamic where it winds up to the sledgehammer and has some counterplay, but it is a rather swingy card considering its lower rarity and how good the gameplay will be in that environment will be heavily context-reliant.
Megiddo wrote:
4 years ago
I've noticed that (despite still luckily working every day) when I'm not in the office I'm not coming here to distract me from that day to day grind. looks like maybe it's happening for others too?

Counting Construct X
Artifact Creature — Construct {R}
Counting Construct enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it. If X is odd, it enters with a trample counter on it. If X is even, it enters with a first strike counter on it.
*/*

Though when this is what my brain is coming up with... maybe not even that great.
I may revisit this to have the "even" ability be an ETB triggered ability so you can hack it to work with 0, but that requires having an ability that works at 0 that's still relevant at 8. something to ponder. Something to ponder.

IIW: A card they could man an alt-art as ULTRAMAN for in Ikoria.
Fairly clean and straightforward, I like these modal designs that keyword counters provide. Much better than that dumb RNG one anyhow.
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Boris's Guesswork 2BR
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose odd or even, then reveal the bottom card of your library. If it's a nonland card with converted mana cost of the chosen value, you lose life equal to its converted mana cost and may cast it without paying its mana cost.
BR, Pay 1 life: Put a nonland card chosen at random from your graveyard on the bottom of your library.

(Boris Devilboon - he was a lich who predicted the future with less than 100% accuracy. Really!)

IIW: Expand on another bad legend from Legends.
Novel design application, it's hard to judge but i think this has enough caveats to keep it in line? Actually, once you're able to activate every turn you regrow a cheap card every turn... repetitive gameplay is a little concerning. I'd probably like a passive effect that exiles spells that weren't cast from your hand, but it becomes pretty wordy.
w0mbat wrote:
4 years ago
Chaotic Wellspring
Artifact {U}
At the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card.
At the beginning of your end step, if the number of charge counters on Chaotic Wellspring is odd, target opponent gains control of it.
: Put a charge counter on chaotic wellspring. Any player may activate this ability.

IIW: A card with three Types (e.g. Artifact Land Creature, etc.)
Huge mini-game card. Tracking it might be a little tedious, but you can usually land it to get the first card. Perfectly reasonable I think, although Wishclaw achieves this kind of mingame rather cleanly already.
spacemonaut wrote:
4 years ago
Parity Animal 2GW
Creature — Hyena Beast
Trample
As Parity Animal enters the battlefield, choose odd or even.
If Parity Animal would be dealt damage of the chosen value, prevent that damage and put a +1/+1 counter on it.
3/3

IIW: A tokenlink ability, like squirrellink
cards that require players to understand the ins and outs of damage assignment are uh.... not sure how to feel about it. Otherwise I get the idea

Winner: meg - the positive play experience potential was rather low for a number of these entries, and the Construct grokked well and would play very nicely

Next challenge: A card they could man an alt-art as ULTRAMAN for in Ikoria.
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

chetoos

Ultraman, City's champion (Daenor, crystal bonder) 2wr
Legendary creature - human warrior (m)
Whenever a counter is placed on another creature you control, put a counter of that same type on Daenor.
Daenor gets +1/+1 for each type of counter on it.
2/4

IIW: Design a card based on your favorite pokemon

chetoos

Looks like this one didn't get too many entries. Do we wanna do another, or what?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Nah, just needs a bit. I was working on a design last night I never finished.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”