NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

lookingupanddown
Pronoun: he / him

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 years ago

Magnetite Ooze 2RR
Artifact Creature - Ooze
Whenever Magnetite Ooze attacks, you may pay 2. If you do, gain control of target artifact defending player controls, then put a +1/+1 counter on Magnetite Ooze.
Whenever Magnetite Ooze blocks or is blocked by an equipped creature, unattach target Equipment from that creature, then gain control of it. Put a +1/+1 counter on Magnetite Ooze.
3/3

Vesuvan Ooze XUU
Creature - Ooze Shapeshifter
Vesuvan Ooze enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
2UU: Vesuvan Ooze becomes a copy of target creature with power less than or equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on it, except it's an Ooze in addition to its other types, it's 0/0 and has this ability.
0/0

IIW: "CARDNAME deals 1 damage to you."

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

Enveloping Ooze 2GG
Creature — Ooze {U}
Flash
When Enveloping Ooze enters the battlefield, you may exile another creature you control.
When Enveloping Ooze leaves the battlefield, return the exiled creature to the battlefield with two additional +1/+1 counters on it.
3/3

IIW: lords for unusual things
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

Thoughts to Slime UB
Instant (U)
Exile target spell. Its controller manifests it as a 2/2 black Ooze creature. Put a slime counter on it.

("manifest as": coming soon to Tarkir 2.0, the card gets manifested with the given attributes instead of being a 2/2 nothing creature.)

IIW: Objects from banned commercials
Last edited by spacemonaut 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

Seeping Corrosion 1GG
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant artifact
Vanishing 3
You control enchanted artifact.
Enchanted artifact is an Ooze creature with base power and toughness 2/2 in addition to its other types.
When Seeping Corrosion leaves the battlefield, destroy enchanted permanent.

IIW: The surveillance state
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

stille_nacht

Post by stille_nacht » 3 years ago

I made a whole custom ooze tribal at one point haha.

Mitotic Ooze UG
Creature - Ooze (R)

Plasmid 2 (When this creature dies, create 2 1/1 ooze creatures.)

Slashing only compounded the problem.

2/2

Nutrient Colony 1G
Creature - Ooze (R)

Plasmid 1
Other oozes you control gain plasmid 1.

0/2

Consuming Ooze 1BG
Creature - Ooze (U)

Devour 2

0/1

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Welcome cultists of Juiblex! With our approach of the long awaited Dungeon crawling set our Demon Prince of Oozes is happy to see your new creations for the eternal blood war. Those Devils won't know what crushed them. As you know us demons aren't one for numbers or orders that is the devil's work. We will just see which abomination is strongest and fiercest!
SPOILER
Show
Hide
chetoos wrote:
3 years ago
Compost Ooze 2GB
Creature - Ooze
1(b/g): Exile target card from a graveyard. You gain 1 life. Put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
~ has all activated abilities of all creature cards exiled with it.
2/4

IIW: Slice of life scenes with planeswalkers hanging out. (Bonus points if it's not just a green or white card.)
A strong contender. I specifically like how we could use those scum's own powers against them. No longer would a chain devil hold power over our numbers.
Flatline wrote:
3 years ago
Ooodles of Oozes - Judge 1 or all
Show
Hide
Undulating Ooze g
Creature — Ooze (U)
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Undulating Ooze has two or more +1/+1 counters on it, remove all +1/+1 counters from it. Otherwise, put a +1/+1 counter on Undulating Ooze.
1/1

Expanding Experiment gg
Creature — Ooze Beast (R)
Evolve (Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if that creature has greater power or toughness than this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)
When Expanding Experiment dies, create X 1/1 green Ooze creature tokens with evolve, where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on Expanding Experiment.
1/1

Fluctuating Ooze 2gg
Creature — Ooze (R)
When Fluctuating Ooze enters the battlefield, you may pay 2g. If you do, choose both. Otherwise, choose one —
• Put three +1/+1 counters on Fluctuating Ooze.
• Create three 1/1 green Ooze creature tokens.
2/2

Lava Blob 1r
Creature — Elemental Ooze (U)
Prowess
r, Sacrifice Lava Blob: Lava Blob deals damage equal to its power to target creature or planeswalker.
You never know when it might erupt.
1/3

Assimilating Sludge 3b
Creature — Ooze (R)
Devour 1 (As this enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice any number of creatures. This creature enters the battlefield with that many +1/+1 counters on it.)
If a creature with flying was devoured with Assimilating Sludge's devour ability, Assimilating Sludge has flying. The same is true for first strike, double strike, deathtouch, haste, hexproof, indestructible, lifelink, menace, reach, trample, and vigilance.
3/3

Creeping Ick 1bb
Creature — Ooze (R)
Whenever Creeping Ick deals combat damage to a creature, put a -1/-1 counter on that creature and that creature becomes black instead of its other colors.
1u: Creeping Ick becomes a copy of target black creature until end of turn.
1/4
IIW: Band names as black-bordered card names.
A lovely Pile of oozes. I particularly love that they all are solid oozes that are resilient and persistent, something we need for the eternal war.

Mergatroid's_Ghost wrote:
3 years ago
Crystal Slime U
Creature- Ooze (C)
Crystal Slime enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the number of other spells you've cast this turn.
When Crystal Ooze dies, if it had no +1/+1 counters on it, draw a card.
0/0

Slime Gardener
Creature- Human Ooze Mutant (C)
Each Ooze creature you control enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it.
0/0

Burbling Gook xG
Creature- Ooze
Burbling Gook enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
When Burbling Gook dies, draw a card.
0/0

IIW: The IIW on the last card you posted (choose any recent IIW if you're new here)

Advantage in eternal fighting is excellent and these all provide it. They only lack the power to keep pushing the ways back. Coming together is a devil tactic and I wont allow our lord Jubilex to witness his creations using order.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Stellar Ooze 2GG
Enchantment Creature - Ooze {R}
When Stellar Ooze enters the battlefield, mill 3, then you may return an enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.
The first time another enchantment enters the battlefield under your control each turn, draw a card.
2/2

IIW: One with something
One of Jubilex's spawn with influences of one of the great old ones... interesting. While not traditional, it will do for now.
mellifluoresce wrote:
3 years ago
Snoozing Ooze
Creature - Ooze (R)
Whenever Snoozing Ooze attacks, exert it.
Inspired - Whenever Snoozing Ooze becomes untapped, you may pay . If you do, put X +1/+1 counters on Snoozing Ooze, where X is its power.
3/3

IIW: Bulk rares
a lazy ooze is a dead ooze in battle. while it may grow to the size of one of the great titans it liekly will not last that long.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Berserker Jelly 2RR
Creature - Ooze {R}
Haste
When Berserker Jelly attacks, choose a creature type other than Ooze. Untap each creature you control of that type. After this phase there's an additional combat phase. Only creatures of the type you chose can attack during that phase.
3/3

posted with apologies

IIW: after I'm gone,
NOW THIS IS AN OOZE THAT WILL PLEASE THE FACELESS LORD!!!! It seems that it will lead our forces into battle and make sure they keep the offensive.
lookingupanddown wrote:
3 years ago
Magnetite Ooze 2RR
Artifact Creature - Ooze
Whenever Magnetite Ooze attacks, you may pay 2. If you do, gain control of target artifact defending player controls, then put a +1/+1 counter on Magnetite Ooze.
Whenever Magnetite Ooze blocks or is blocked by an equipped creature, unattach target Equipment from that creature, then gain control of it. Put a +1/+1 counter on Magnetite Ooze.
3/3

Vesuvan Ooze XUU
Creature - Ooze Shapeshifter
Vesuvan Ooze enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
2UU: Vesuvan Ooze becomes a copy of target creature with power less than or equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on it, except it's an Ooze in addition to its other types, it's 0/0 and has this ability.
0/0

Some unique slimes. Again copying our enemy might work but it will not please Jubilex. However stealing the weapons of our enemy in battle will work wonder. I will pass this one on to his nothingness.

Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Enveloping Ooze 2GG
Creature — Ooze {U}
Flash
When Enveloping Ooze enters the battlefield, you may exile another creature you control.
When Enveloping Ooze leaves the battlefield, return the exiled creature to the battlefield with two additional +1/+1 counters on it.
3/3

IIW: lords for unusual things
A simple healing jelly. While a Lich may want it to keep his minons around the facelss lord has no need for his minions.
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
Thoughts to Slime UB
Instant (U)
Exile target spell. Its controller manifests it as a 2/2 black Ooze creature. Put a slime counter on it.

("manifest as": coming soon to Tarkir 2.0, the card gets manifested with the given attributes instead of being a 2/2 nothing creature.)

IIW: Objects from banned commercials
oh look magic. if only we had more casters for our next push into Avernus, this could make quick work of one of Zariel's lieutenants.
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
Seeping Corrosion 1GG
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant artifact
Vanishing 3
You control enchanted artifact.
Enchanted artifact is an Ooze creature with base power and toughness 2/2 in addition to its other types.
When Seeping Corrosion leaves the battlefield, destroy enchanted permanent.

IIW: The surveillance state
I see someone saw my scroll of my plans of what to do to the new cultists that fail to bring excellent ideas before Jubilex.
stille_nacht wrote:
3 years ago
I made a whole custom ooze tribal at one point haha.

Mitotic Ooze UG
Creature - Ooze (R)

Plasmid 2 (When this creature dies, create 2 1/1 ooze creatures.)

Slashing only compounded the problem.

2/2

Nutrient Colony 1G
Creature - Ooze (R)

Plasmid 1
Other oozes you control gain plasmid 1.

0/2

Consuming Ooze 1BG
Creature - Ooze (U)

Devour 2

0/1
Breaking apart in the face of combat is a strong trait to overwhelm the devils however our slimes do this already albeit worse.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
It is time for judgment my new cultists. Those who's design will be presented before Jubilex in Shedlakah will be Megiddo however lookingupanddown and Flatline 's oozes will also be mentioned.

Winner: Megiddo
Next Challenge: after I'm gone,
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG

oh jeeze, zero entries in a day, uh.
MEG

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 3 years ago

Renegade's Hideout
Land (R)
Revolt — Renegade's Hideout enters the battlefield tapped unless a permanent you controlled left the battlefield this turn.
T: Add B or R.
"Avenge our comrades! Don't let this be the end!"
- Savir, Renegade Patriot

IIW: Read 'em and weep.
"Image"

Ulka

Final Stand 1WW
Tribal Enchantment - Rebel (R)
At the beginning of each end step, if a rebel creature you control died this turn, destroy target creature with power less than or equal to the number of rebels you control.
"You are not alone in this. We fight for everyone. Even if we die, the cause will live on." - Lin Sivvi

IIW: Rebels

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 years ago

Meggido's Ghost
1ww
Legendary Creature - Spirit (R)
Flying
When Meggido's Ghost enters the battlefield, exile target artifact or white card from your graveyard.
When Meggido's Ghost dies, return the exiled card to your hand.
2/1
"Sorry folks, like Mergatroid I got locked out of my account, but not to worry."

IIW: Weirds in Prismari
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

Spirit of the Flamingo 1{r/w}{r/w}
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control no creatures, create a 3/2 red Spirit Flamingo with haste and flying.
6RW, Sacrifice Spirit of the Flamingo: Return target artifact, target creature and target land from your graveyard to the battlefield.

IIW: Something you wanted to see in Strixhaven.

Megiddo
MEG

i will........ judge tomorrow over lunch
MEG

lookingupanddown

Phoenix Essence 3RRR
Enchantment
X1RR: Exile X creature cards from your graveyard with feather counters on them.
Whenever one or more creatures you control die, you may pay 4R. If you do, return a creature exiled with a feather counter from exile to the battlefield. It gains haste. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.

Megiddo
MEG

Stapler wrote:
3 years ago
Renegade's Hideout
Land (R)
Revolt — Renegade's Hideout enters the battlefield tapped unless a permanent you controlled left the battlefield this turn.
T: Add B or R.
"Avenge our comrades! Don't let this be the end!"
- Savir, Renegade Patriot

IIW: Read 'em and weep.
i went back up to look for basic land types, since then these do the thing with fetchlands. But it does not have them. I feel like maybe this is closer to being a guildgate than not a lot of the time.
Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
Final Stand 1WW
Tribal Enchantment - Rebel (R)
At the beginning of each end step, if a rebel creature you control died this turn, destroy target creature with power less than or equal to the number of rebels you control.
"You are not alone in this. We fight for everyone. Even if we die, the cause will live on." - Lin Sivvi

IIW: Rebels
This is questionable in white but it has plenty of conditions on it, so maybe. I do like me a good tribal card where the creature type is ACTUALLY relevant. Plus, of course, it can be searched out by Rebels. Comes together well.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 years ago
Meggido's Ghost
1ww
Legendary Creature - Spirit (R)
Flying
When Meggido's Ghost enters the battlefield, exile target artifact or white card from your graveyard.
When Meggido's Ghost dies, return the exiled card to your hand.
2/1
"Sorry folks, like Mergatroid I got locked out of my account, but not to worry."

IIW: Weirds in Prismari
oh no
I do wonder about this, but we'll see I guess. Card seems good, it fits in with the new Lorehold stuff. Fun fact, I used to have a paper cube with a HEAVY graveyard theme. Red and White were the problem children, since at the time you only got inefficient reanimation in white and goblin welder and, like, unearth in red. Wish I still had it now!
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
3 years ago
Spirit of the Flamingo 1{r/w}{r/w}
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control no creatures, create a 3/2 red Spirit Flamingo with haste and flying.
6RW, Sacrifice Spirit of the Flamingo: Return target artifact, target creature and target land from your graveyard to the battlefield.

IIW: Something you wanted to see in Strixhaven.
I sure love me some Security Detail. I feel like maybe I'm missing something with that last ability, but sure, I'll allow it. le'espirit de flamant.
lookingupanddown wrote:
3 years ago
Phoenix Essence 3RRR
Enchantment
X1RR: Exile X creature cards from your graveyard with feather counters on them.
Whenever one or more creatures you control die, you may pay 4R. If you do, return a creature exiled with a feather counter from exile to the battlefield. It gains haste. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.

This is cool, but I think it's way, way too much mana investment for what you get. Find a way to trim these costs down and I think it's an exciting build-around enchantment.

WINNER: Ulka
Next: Rebels
MEG

Ulka

Sweet, I never thought I'd win with that hot mess of a card! With rebels while I'd love Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero playable rebel cards but would love to see the rebel type used on other planes, colors ect.

Megiddo
MEG

Rebel Tactician 2W
Creature - Human Rebel {U}
Vigilance
Other creatures enter the battlefield from libraries with an additional +1/+1 counter on them.
3/2

IIW: Legendary Creature - Dragon God
MEG

dangerousdice

Post by dangerousdice » 3 years ago

breakneck anarchist
creature - human rebel
first strike
extinguish - you may return a sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand. (this ability triggers whenever a creature dealt damage by this card dies this turn.)
2/2

valias, celestial traitor
legendary creature - rebel god
menace, vigilance
whenever a rebel you control dies, you may have valias, celestial traitor fight target creature an opponent controls.
extinguish - valias, celestial traitor deals 3 damage to each non-rebel creature and planeswalker. (this ability triggers whenever a creature dealt damage by this card dies this turn.)
"I cannot stand by as this land's people suffer..."
6/6

akalit, the blinding blade
legendary creature - angel rebel warrior
flying
whenever a rebel you control dies, exile it with a light counter on it
, sacrifice ~: return all creatures exiled with light counters from exile to the battlefield under your control. they gain haste. Sacrifice them at the beginning of the next end step.
"with my last breath, I shall bring the light!"
3/2

IIW: hobo magic
Last edited by dangerousdice 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

lookingupanddown

Dispossessed Royal 2B
Creature - Azra Noble Rebel
Menace
Creatures you control attacking the monarch get +1/+0 and lifelink.
At the beginning of your end step, if you're the monarch, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
"You dare take my throne away from me? The people will join their rightful king, and cheer as you suffer."
3/3

Bard of the Oppressed 2RR
Creature - Human Shaman Rebel
RevoltR, : Creatures you control gain haste and menace until end of turn. If a permanent you controlled left the battlefield this turn, those creatures get +2/+0 until end of turn.
"Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable."
―Cesar A. Cruz

3/2

Last edited by lookingupanddown 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 years ago

Hero of the Oppressed
2w
Creature - Human Rebel (U)
Vigilance
When Hero of the Oppressed enters the battlefield, the monarch is no longer the monarch.
Players can't become the monarch.
2/3

IIW: Weirds (Elementals of two opposing elements) in Prismari
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

Cho-Arrim Aspirations 3W
Enchantment
Rebels you control get +1/+1.
If you would search your library for a Rebel card, you may choose a Rebel card you own from outside the game instead (with the same restrictions).
Cho-Manno had only made a wish, but before long, heroes he had never heard of began to answer the call.

IIW: Universes Beyond: your favourite [ anime / manga / cartoon / novel ] character

Ulka

I want 1-2 more entries so I will judge tomorrow evening after my class

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 3 years ago

Library Delver 2U
Creature - Merfolk Rogue Rebel (U)
T: Draw a card, then discard a card.
Desperation - T: Draw two cards, then discard three cards. Activate this ability only if you have half or less of your starting life total.
Convinced that King Alvari's reign was illegitimate, the rebels tore part the royal archives in search of proof.
1/3

Togs

Post by Togs » 3 years ago

Mistform Rebel 3U
Legendary Creature — Rebel (R)
Mistform Rebel is every creature type (even if this card isn't on the battlefield).
3/3
It may wear your face, but its mind is its own.

IIW: Return to Legions

Megiddo
MEG

Chimeringer 2W
Creature - Human Rebel {C}
When Chimeringer enters the battlefield, choose one:
- Destroy target enchantment.
- Untap all creatures you control.
2/2

IIW: the lost art of cards with fewer than four lines of text.
MEG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”