NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Greater Longhorn
4ww
Creature - Ox (U)
: Greater Longhorn gains hexproof until end of turn.
: Greater Longhorn gains menace until end of turn.
4/5

Trench Serpent
4uu
Creature - Serpent (U)
Defender
: Trench Serpent gains lifelink until end of turn.
: Until end of turn, Trench Serpent gains trample and can attack as though it didn't have defender.
6/6

Scaleshifter Snake
4bb
Creature - Snake (U)
Deathtouch
: Switch Scaleshifter Snake's power and toughness until end of turn.
: Scaleshifter Snake gains vigilance until end of turn.
3/7

Resourceful Cyclops
4rr
Creature - Cyclops (U)
: Resourceful Cyclops gains indestructible until end of turn. Tap it.
: Resourceful Cyclops gains protection from enchantments until end of turn.
5/4

Emperor Mantis
4gg
Creature - Insect (U)
: Emperor Mantis gains double strike until end of turn.
: Emperor Mantis gains flying until end of turn.
4/6

IIW: Plant Ooze
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur

Post by vishamon » 2 years ago

Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
This is pretty cool. I was initially hesitant about the repeatable removal option, but it will really only be repeatable removal against creatures that innately are 0/1, 1/1, or 1/2, while trading with a bunch of middle-sized creatures at the cost of them having one turn with a big creature, which is fine. There's also the cost of equipping it to small creatures you control, which will also get eaten, and then you'll have at least 2 damage marked on your Construct. There's definitely enough fiddly bits that rare feels correct, and the more I think about it, the more I enjoy the flexibility as well as the flavor.
Isn't it not repeatable because it turning into a creature that's no longer an equipment doesn't have a trigger to end?

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Oops. I thought it said until end of turn. Well, it's too late to change the winner now, so I'll just have to admit that I had a reading comprehension error.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Juancu
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Prismana, High Hierophant 2G
Legendary Creature - Human Druid (M)
Rather than cast a multicolor card from your hand, you may exile it and choose two of its colors. When you do, you may cast a copy of it, but you can only spend mana of the first color to cast the copy. As long as that card is in exile, you may play it, but you can only spend mana from the second color to cast it.
T: Add R, W, U, or B.
1/4

(A commander for hybrid spells. She turns a card like Manamorphose into two spells that cost GG and RR.)

IIW: Out of place.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

Figure of Savagery
Creature - Orc (R)
: Figure of Savagery becomes a 2/2 Orc Warrior.
: If Figure of Savagery is a Warrior, it becomes a 3/3 Orc Warrior Berserker with trample.
: If Figure of Savagery is a Berserker, it becomes a 6/6 Orc Warrior Berserker Spirit with Trample and Indestructible.
1/1

IIW: Dragons.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Spirit of the wilds 4(r/g)(r/g)
Creature - Spirit Avatar
Creatures you control have trample
Combat damage that would be dealt by creatures you control can't be prevented.
Whenever one or more creatures you control deals combat damage to a player, exile the top card of your library. You may play that card until the end of your next turn.
6/6

IIW: Class Enchantments either for prestige classes, or with level abilities other than mana cost (could be triggered ability even)
Solid midrange beater. Does feel a bit... boring, maybe, but seems quite fair in any case. Impulse isn't exactly green, but drawing cards outright is, so... seems pretty fair.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Elucidate
Instant (R)
Copy target instant or sorcery spell, then counter it. You may choose new targets for the copy.

IIW: Foraging in the wilderness
That's cute... but isn't it kind of equivalent to Aethersnatch (except it only functions as a Fork if the spell is uncounterable)? I feel like it's definitely worth more than the 3 mana you've got it at.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Underdark Thrull Lord
Creature - Cephalid Horror
Skulk
When Underdark Thrull Lord enters the battlefield, gain control of target creature until Underdark Thrull Lord leaves play.
Whenever Underdark Thrull Lord deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card at random. If they can not discard a card, you gain control of target creature that player controls.
2/5

Next: Wordy Cards
This really should be multicolor, not hybrid. The first ability is quite blue (though I suppose it's bendable into black) but the second is not really blue at all. Especially the random discard part. Power-level wise, it also seems... quite powerful. Steals a guy like Mind Flayer (not that that's particularly busted) and evasively drains cards. Quite a beating.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Greater Longhorn
4ww
Creature - Ox (U)
: Greater Longhorn gains hexproof until end of turn.
: Greater Longhorn gains menace until end of turn
4/5

Trench Serpent
4uu
Creature - Serpent (U)
Defender
: Trench Serpent gains lifelink until end of turn.
: Until end of turn, Trench Serpent gains trample and can attack as though it didn't have defender.
6/6

Scaleshifter Snake
4bb
Creature - Snake (U)
Deathtouch
: Switch Scaleshifter Snake's power and toughness until end of turn.
: Scaleshifter Snake gains vigilance until end of turn.
3/7

Resourceful Cyclops
4rr
Creature - Cyclops (U)
: Resourceful Cyclops gains indestructible until end of turn. Tap it.
: Resourceful Cyclops gains protection from enchantments until end of turn.
5/4

Emperor Mantis
4gg
Creature - Insect (U)
: Emperor Mantis gains double strike until end of turn.
: Emperor Mantis gains flying until end of turn.
4/6

IIW: Plant Ooze
Cute cycle. It bothers me a little that the activated abilities are ally and enemy (forming shard and wedge) but given it's hybrid it's kind of whatever. The kind of limited environment that would want these is... very intriguing. I feel like some of the abilities (pro enchantments, for example) are stretching hard. Overall though, I do like these.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Prismana, High Hierophant 2G
Legendary Creature - Human Druid (M)
Rather than cast a multicolor card from your hand, you may exile it and choose two of its colors. When you do, you may cast a copy of it, but you can only spend mana of the first color to cast the copy. As long as that card is in exile, you may play it, but you can only spend mana from the second color to cast it.
T: Add R, W, U, or B.
1/4

(A commander for hybrid spells. She turns a card like Manamorphose into two spells that cost GG and RR.)

Interesting idea, but the execution leaves me wanting. 1) this splits 3+ color spells into two colours? Kinda feels like you can cheat your mana base a bit like that... That said, the hard limit on colored mana means you really can't use this for anything large without having a significantly insane mana base... though at the same time, the second cast can be done at any time and it brings a lot of card advantage... I'm finding this one hard to evaluate, but it does feel wrong somehow.
Krishnath wrote:
2 years ago
Figure of Savagery
Creature - Orc (R)
: Figure of Savagery becomes a 2/2 Orc Warrior.
: If Figure of Savagery is a Warrior, it becomes a 3/3 Orc Warrior Berserker with trample.
: If Figure of Savagery is a Berserker, it becomes a 6/6 Orc Warrior Berserker Spirit with Trample and Indestructible.
1/1

IIW: Dragons.
Neato. Fair and reasonably hybrid card. The second form feels a bit weak compared to other Figure-likes - 3 mana for +1/+1 and trample feels a bit... nothing, since you've spent three turns building up to it. Overall it's not too bad, but for some reason indestructible doesn't give off the same excitement as an 8/8 or indefinite growth like the others - maybe it's just me.
Winner: Sporegorger
Next: Plant Ooze

Juancu

Nettlespherum GBW
Creature - Plant Ooze
Whenever Nettlespherum attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on Nettlespherum, then you may exile a creature, artifact or enchantment with mana value lower than the number of +1/+1 counters on Nettlespherum, for as long as you control Nettlespherum. If you controlled that permanent, Nettlespherum gains Indestructible until end of turn.
Nettlespherum has all the abilities of cards exiled by it.
0/3

Inspired a sticky ball of nettles, so...
NANA-NANANANANA-NA-NA-NA, katamari damashii--

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Neato. Fair and reasonably hybrid card. The second form feels a bit weak compared to other Figure-likes - 3 mana for +1/+1 and trample feels a bit... nothing, since you've spent three turns building up to it. Overall it's not too bad, but for some reason indestructible doesn't give off the same excitement as an 8/8 or indefinite growth like the others - maybe it's just me.
Indestructible does have another advantage though, it is a lot harder to get rid of than the others. First version actually used +1/+1 and ability counters, but allowing it to grow to infinite size on its own would have been way overpowered at its CC.

I'll see if I can come up with a plant ooze later.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Neufara, heretical speaker 2GU
Legendary Creature - Merfolk Plant Ooze
When Neufara enters the battlfield, draw a card for each creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it.
Neufara and creatures you control enter the battlefield with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on them for each creature type they share with qt least one other creature you control.
Creatures you control with +1/+1 counters on them have trample
Shunned for his experiments, Neufara knew that plant dna could improve the simic's output greatly.
2/2

IIW: Psychonauts!
Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Juancu

inspired by chetoos:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Vinconis, Linked in Harmony G
Legendary Creature - Plant Ooze Druid
Whenever Vinconis gains one or more creature types, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control..
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if it shares some of its creature types with Vinconis, Vinconis gains the other creature types from that creature.
1/1

Rewards linking creatures. Elf Druid → Elf Shaman → Human Shaman → Human Wizard. It could be a fun commander, but you'd need to keep a list to track all its subtypes. With a changeling you'd get a guaranteed team pump, but it'd be the final one.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Corrosive Sap 1G
Instant (U)
Destroy target artifact.
If an Elemental or Plant creature was dealt damage this turn, destroy all artifacts instead.

IIW: Kittens
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Elucidate
Instant (R)
Copy target instant or sorcery spell, then counter it. You may choose new targets for the copy.

That's cute... but isn't it kind of equivalent to Aethersnatch (except it only functions as a Fork if the spell is uncounterable)? I feel like it's definitely worth more than the 3 mana you've got it at.
Aethersnatch lets you gain control of any spell, which is a pretty big difference. I used Narset's Reversal as a template for the cost.

Slime Cultivator 1G
Creature — Elf Druid (R)
When Slime Cultivator enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control.
Whenever a nontoken creature you control dies, if it had one or more counters on it, put a 0/0 Ooze creature token onto the battlefield with that many counters on it.
1/2

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Sporegorger_Dragon

Morning iz good, everbody!

Today is receiving new Ooze month package! Much excitement!
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Nettlespherum GBW
Creature - Plant Ooze
Whenever Nettlespherum attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on Nettlespherum, then you may exile a creature, artifact or enchantment with mana value lower than the number of +1/+1 counters on Nettlespherum, for as long as you control Nettlespherum. If you controlled that permanent, Nettlespherum gains Indestructible until end of turn.
Nettlespherum has all the abilities of cards exiled by it.
0/3

Inspired a sticky ball of nettles, so...
NANA-NANANANANA-NA-NA-NA, katamari damashii--

Ach! Much pain it is, touching no good! No feel good this one, but good for giving enemy!

Power is much, maybe mythic good? I like!
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Neufara, heretical speaker 2GU
Legendary Creature - Merfolk Plant Ooze
When Neufara enters the battlfield, draw a card for each creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it.
Neufara and creatures you control enter the battlefield with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on them for each creature type they share with qt least one other creature you control.
Creatures you control with +1/+1 counters on them have trample
Shunned for his experiments, Neufara knew that plant dna could improve the simic's output greatly.
2/2

Very slimy, this is! Fish person very talky, much drama, but slime admirable! Candidate replacing of Prime Speaker! Is good!

But what happen with two changelings? Most broken!
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
inspired by chetoos:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Vinconis, Linked in Harmony G
Legendary Creature - Plant Ooze Druid
Whenever Vinconis gains one or more creature types, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control..
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if it shares some of its creature types with Vinconis, Vinconis gains the other creature types from that creature.
1/1

Rewards linking creatures. Elf Druid → Elf Shaman → Human Shaman → Human Wizard. It could be a fun commander, but you'd need to keep a list to track all its subtypes. With a changeling you'd get a guaranteed team pump, but it'd be the final one.
Much slime, so photosynthetic, such counters. Tracking is becoming confusing of brain, though! Like!
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Corrosive Sap 1G
Instant (U)
Destroy target artifact.
If an Elemental or Plant creature was dealt damage this turn, destroy all artifacts instead.

IIW: Kittens
I once squeeze tree, tree is crying, tears burn flesh much! Never squeeze tree again, but good for throwing at enemies! Very good!
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Slime Cultivator 1G
Creature — Elf Druid (R)
When Slime Cultivator enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control.
Whenever a nontoken creature you control dies, if it had one or more counters on it, put a 0/0 Ooze creature token onto the battlefield with that many counters on it.
1/2

Uh-oh, mistake it is made. Send me employee instead of slime. Um, Elf breathing is not. What doing? Is bury in compost, maybe...

HM: cheetos
Winner: Juancu
Next: Out of Place

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Aw, I missed the oozes. Oh well, I had important stuff to do.

Anachronistic Discovery 2UU
Sorcery (U)
Return target artifact or enchantment from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Flashback 4WW
"This discovery means that the Thelian civilization is much older than we thought and traded with the Maurian Empire! Do you know what this means!" - Felira, Adventure Archaeologist.

IIW: Dragons

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Dimir Listening Device UB
Art depicts Tomik and another person talking about something, but in the background. Other figure can be azorius or other guild member, even Ral Zarek, but most of the foreground should be taken up by a conspicuous lamp that should subtly hint that it's from the dimir to the viewer of the piece.
Artifact (R)
Each opponent reveals each card they draw other than the first card they draw during their draw step.
Whenever an opponent reveals one or more non-creature, non-land cards, look at the top card of your library. You may put that card into your graveyard.
"I like that new lamp, Tomik, it really brings the room together."
"I didn't get that, I thought you gave it to me."

Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

The Folly of the Three 1WB
Sorcery (R)
Choose three target creatures. Put a phasing counter on one of them, a shadow counter on another, and a vanishing counter and three time counters on the third.
"The three brother-mages of the Estfolk sought to conquer time itself. In the end, one was cast through time, another cast through space, and the last left behind to experience mortality bereft of his closest kin."
—Glem the Lonebard, "Origins of Kholon"

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Fblthp, Accidental Traveler 2U
Legendary Planeswalker - Fblthp (M)
+2: Create two 1/1 Blue spirit Creature Tokens named Wandering Ones.
- 3: Put target nonland permanent on top of its owner's library.
- 5: Draw a card for each basic land type among lands you control.
Starting Loyalty: 3

IIW: Card with new mechanics featured in Return to Eldraine
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Phyrexian Editor

Post by Phyrexian Editor » 2 years ago

Planar Incursion g
Sorcery {U}
Target land gains the types and abilities of another target land.
Cipher (Then you may exile this spell card encoded on a creature you control. Whenever that creature deals combat damage to a player, its controller may cast a copy of this card without paying its mana cost.)
"Wait—was that volcano there before?"

IIW: More Sarpadian Empires flavor text

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

*brings forth the poking stick.*

*Poke*

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur

Post by vishamon » 2 years ago

Fblthp's Journey
Enchantment - Saga (R)
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
I -- Draw three cards, then put two cards from your hand on top of your library in any order.
II, III -- Search your library for a permanent card with mana value 3 or less, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle. At the end of your turn, shuffle that permanent into its owner's library.

IIW: Funny rules interactions.

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Discriminate Slaughter BRG
Sorcery (M)
Destroy target Crab, target Human, target Bird, target noncreature permanent and target Spirit.

IIW: Exactly CDE mana costs (like Woolly Thoctar)

Sporegorger_Dragon

Planelost Peasant
w
Creature - Human Peasant (C)
Vigilance
1/1
"That is one UGLY elf, and I'm a frickin' boggart!!" -Auntie Wort

IIW: Spores

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Destroy target Crab, target Human, target Bird, target noncreature permanent and target Spirit.
Stop me if you've heard this one before,

Four changelings and an enchantment walk into a bar...

Juancu

Krishnath wrote:
2 years ago
Anachronistic Discovery 2UU
Sorcery (U)
Return target artifact or enchantment from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Flashback 4WW
"This discovery means that the Thelian civilization is much older than we thought and traded with the Maurian Empire! Do you know what this means!" - Felira, Adventure Archaeologist.
I said Out of Place, not Out of Time. I kid, I kid. It feels weird that blue gets to reanimate an enchantment, but that' s not the worst of flavorful bleeds. I could see this printed at pretty much that cost.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Dimir Listening Device UB
Art depicts Tomik and another person talking about something, but in the background. Other figure can be azorius or other guild member, even Ral Zarek, but most of the foreground should be taken up by a conspicuous lamp that should subtly hint that it's from the dimir to the viewer of the piece.
Artifact (R)
Each opponent reveals each card they draw other than the first card they draw during their draw step.
Whenever an opponent reveals one or more non-creature, non-land cards, look at the top card of your library. You may put that card into your graveyard.
"I like that new lamp, Tomik, it really brings the room together."
"I didn't get that, I thought you gave it to me."
I guess you are trying to make a Reveal-synergy kinda card, with discards and stuff. Surveil 1 doesn't feel like such a big payoff, for the investment. You'd only get a huge payoff against decks with lots of card advantage, and then, to profit from it, you'd also need a graveyard-matters component in your deck, which dilutes that Make Them Reveal synergy.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
The Folly of the Three 1WB
Sorcery (R)
Choose three target creatures. Put a phasing counter on one of them, a shadow counter on another, and a vanishing counter and three time counters on the third.
"The three brother-mages of the Estfolk sought to conquer time itself. In the end, one was cast through time, another cast through space, and the last left behind to experience mortality bereft of his closest kin."
—Glem the Lonebard, "Origins of Kholon"
While Phasing Out may be back, I doubt the Phasing ability would be. How about Suspending it? That at least shows up in Modern Master sets, and would be the perfect counterpart for the Vanishing.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Fblthp, Accidental Traveler 2U
Legendary Planeswalker - Fblthp (M)
+2: Create two 1/1 Blue spirit Creature Tokens named Wandering Ones.
- 3: Put target nonland permanent on top of its owner's library.
- 5: Draw a card for each basic land type among lands you control.
Starting Loyalty: 3

IIW: Card with new mechanics featured in Return to Eldraine
Woah, and I thought Zariel was a powerhouse in AFR limited, mostly beacuse its +0 could create a 1/1 token that dealt 1 extra damage. This guy costs less, and has her beat in loyalty, making more tokens (same damage) with a +2 instead. And may answer any problematic permanent. Out of Place, of Magic Card Balance, I'd say, hehe.
Phyrexian Editor wrote:
2 years ago
Planar Incursion g
Sorcery {U}
Target land gains the types and abilities of another target land.
Cipher (Then you may exile this spell card encoded on a creature you control. Whenever that creature deals combat damage to a player, its controller may cast a copy of this card without paying its mana cost.)
"Wait—was that volcano there before?"
Second turn Forest, this card, get a 20/20 with Flying and Indestructible, with Dark Depths. That's certainly Out of Place.
vishamon wrote:
2 years ago
Fblthp's Journey
Enchantment - Saga (R)
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
I -- Draw three cards, then put two cards from your hand on top of your library in any order.
II, III -- Search your library for a permanent card with mana value 3 or less, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle. At the end of your turn, shuffle that permanent into its owner's library.
Another very powerful card for Fblthp. I think it's a bit too much, insane for Flickering decks, or for Sacrifice decks with death triggers. I can't break it from the top of my mind, but there's being broken by being simply too flexible, like Pod. Here, you get any Etb effect you need, twice. Get something to be flickered, or do the flickering like Charming Prince. Shuffle away the card you didn't like in your previous brainstorm in the process.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Discriminate Slaughter BRG
Sorcery (M)
Could this be useful somewhere, or nowhere? We know from Seeds of Strength that a card can target the same target with multiple instances of target, so you could use a 1 mana changeling, like Universal Automaton for many of the weird modes, and kill any non-Creature, plus a Human or possibly a Spirit on your third turn. That's not so bad actually. I could see it being played in a standard format with changelings (and humans, or spirits) as a deck.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Planelost Peasant
w
Creature - Human Peasant (C)
Vigilance
1/1
"That is one UGLY elf, and I'm a frickin' boggart!!" -Auntie Wort
I remember loving that Planeswalker cards made their debut on Lorwyn. What says more Out of Place, than a bunch of Humans (plus a Leonin) in a world without them?

Hms: Sporegorger_Dragon, Krishnath
Winner: Cythare

Next: Foraging in the wilderness

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Stick Out b
Sorcery (Un-R)
Search your library for a card, reveal it, and denote it's place in your library. Shuffle the two halves seperately, and put the revealed card back in between them, sticking out noticeably. If you would shuffle your library, shuffle the two halves, and put the card sticking out back where it was.

Iiw: Your personal Magic head-canon

Edit lol oops that ones for fun anyway

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”