NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Ok let's go

scarbo - this has a lot of keywords. specifically deathtouch + double strike + menace means that you'll have to either have 4 power of first strike damage or a minimum of five creatures with four power in order to kill this. it seems like way too much, even if you couldn't recast it.
chetoos - this is a cute upshift of Grumgully. it vaguely reminds me of Drana, Liberator of Malakir but trades first strike + evasion for the ability to go wide. I appreciate that the activated ability is limited to sorcery-speed.
jamblock - this seems like a solid Izzet uncommon. Menace + a falter triggered ability is a neat combination of abilities to push through damage!
spacemonaut - i wish this could block without another creature or was uncommon. I think it's probably fine, but it's a rough draw on an empty board.
haywire - the timing of the static ability and evoke seems like it might be sort of annoying from a dexterity perspective, but it's probably fine. I wish there was a way for this to force a discard on its own without dying for the first triggered ability, but this already has a lot of text, so I understand that not being the case.
Togs - Neat. This isn't particularly imaginative, but it made me chuckle.

HM: chetoos
Winner: jamblock
Next: Equipment with ETB
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Deepfurrow Plow 3
Artifact - Equipment (C)
When Deepfurrow Plow enters the battlefield, you may play an additional land this turn.
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has trample.
Equip 3
"Unwieldy? Pah. It hews earth. What will it do to you?" - Grittel, hobgoblin smith

IIW: Cheap card, expensive activated ability
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

uh woops I meant to quite but edited...
Last edited by Legend 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 4 years ago

Siphon Blade X
Artifact - Equipment {R}
When Siphon Blade enters the battlefield, exile the top X cards of target player's library face down.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, turn one of the exiled cards face up. You may play that card for as long as it remains exiled.
Equip 3

IIW: poison counters :c
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Energizing Gauntlet 4
Artifact - Equipment (U)
When Energizing Gauntlet enters the battlefield, put a charge counter on each artifact you control.
Equipped creature gets +X/+0, where X is equal to the number of counters on equipped creature plus the number of counters on Energizing Gauntlet.
Equip nonartifact creature 2
Equip 5

IIW: Goblin hijinks
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

jamblock

Post by jamblock » 4 years ago

Judgments coming tomorrow morning

TacticalCelebrant

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 4 years ago

Sealing Blade 1WW
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Imprint - When Sealing Blade enters the battlefield, exile target nontoken creature until Sealing Blade leaves the battlefield.
Equipped creature gets +X/+Y, where X is the exiled creature card's power and Y is its toughness.
Equip 5

IIW: Vehicles and colored mana symbols

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

Hunter's Arsenal XBB
Artifact — Equipment (R)
When Hunter's Arsenal enters the battlefield, put a bounty counter on each of up to X target creatures.
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has deathtouch versus creatures with bounty counters.
3: Put a bounty counter on target creature. Any player may activate this ability.
Equip

IIW: A tokenlink ability like squirrellink.

jamblock

Post by jamblock » 4 years ago

void: feels like maybe it should be uncommon for recurring ability to give +2/+2 and trample in limited, but I like it overall, fits well together.
Legend: Simple and elegant, flavorful, it all makes sense, just a tiny bit unexciting.
Meg: This is pretty cool, I wish the equip cost were even lower since it doesn't actually benefit the creature at all, fun design.
Cythare: There's a lot going on here, including putting charge counters on all manner of things. A lot of synergies and tensions here but it might about to too much going on.
Tactical: A fun take on a journey to nowhere equipment. I'm into it, but it's a little unexciting.
spacemonaut: "Versus" is not really a term that exists in magic, and you'd need to spell it out, because does it mean in combat, or can it also apply to noncombat damage. Interesting overall idea though.

Winner: Legend
CHALLENGE: card named/based on internet pop culture slang/meme/buzzword.

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 4 years ago

Yeet BR
Instant (R)
As an additional cost to cast Yeet, sacrifice a nonenchantment permanent.
Destroy target nonenchantment permanent.

IIW: Ikoria-themed creature type fusions (i.e. Wolf Shark).
"Image"

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

jamblock wrote:
4 years ago
spacemonaut: "Versus" is not really a term that exists in magic, and you'd need to spell it out, because does it mean in combat, or can it also apply to noncombat damage. Interesting overall idea though.
"Deathtouch versus quality" is like how Dominaria introduced hexproof from quality. So, all the time, if the creature has that quality.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

YOLO 3RW
Enchantment (R)
All creatures have haste.
At the beginning of your precombat main phase, draw a card, then you may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.
Creature cards in graveyards and in exile can't enter the battlefield.

IIW: Goblin hijinks
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Some of these can be in poor taste, right?

Boomer Remover 2RW
Instant
Destroy each creature that didn't enter the battlefield this turn. For each creature destroyed this way, its controller creates a treasure token.
meaning
Show
Hide
it's another name for the current pandemic
IIW: A tokenlink ability, like squirrellink.
Last edited by spacemonaut 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

scarbo

Post by scarbo » 4 years ago

Pigeon Conundrum u
Instant (R)
Counter target creature spell if it has flying. Its controller creates a 1/1 green Insect creature token with flying.

IIW: 1-mana counters that can hit creatures
Last edited by scarbo 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

Legend
Aethernaut

spacemonaut wrote:
4 years ago
Some of these can be in poor taste, right?
Submissions can be downright insulting. Just be sure to (barely) follow the forum rules.

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Ohrlei and Yarelei WU
Legendary Creature - Bird Wizard (M)
Flying
W: Choose a new card name other than a basic land. Activate this ability only during your turn.
U: Shuffle any number of target cards with the last chosen name from graveyards and/or exile into their owners' libraries.
2WU: You may tap or untap any number of target permanents with the last chosen name. For each permanent tapped or untapped in this way, you gain 1 life.
The two owl-aven brothers ask all the right questions.
2/2

IIW: Red control
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

Darth Plagueis, the Wise 2BBB
Legendary Creature - Human Sith (R)
Protection from creatures and spells your opponents control
Whenever another creature you control dies, return it to the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it. It deals damage equal to its power to Darth Plagueis.
3/4

IIW: A 3/4 creature

Legend
Aethernaut

I'll judge tomorrow Fri as soon as in office.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Judge?

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

@Legend Judge!

Legend
Aethernaut

Sorry I'll make post them presently.

Legend
Aethernaut

Stapler: Solid design. I really like this effect but the flavors way off. I was really hoping a card named Yeet would inspire a Yeet.
Cythare: Haste fits. Would feel more in colors if it exiled the top card instead of draw and then had you exile the free creature to make absolutely sure "You (it) only live(s) once."
Spacemonaut: Has "okay boomer" already run it's course? Dark. I mean damn... "Boomer" ... "Remover" ... referring to COVID-19. I can't lie though, it made me laugh. I like dark humor. I wish there'd been a few more like this. The design is pretty cool. Seems B though.
Scarbo: Is the Pigeon Conundrum "an internet pop culture slang/meme/buzzwor? I really don't know. The flavor is spot on. I'd be ticked to open this in draft though. I mean come on... rare? Hey, do you work for Hasbro?
Void: I must be out of touch. Is the name an anachronism? Between Ohrlei/Yarelei and Pigeon Conundrum drum, I feel rather like a boomer. The design is fun though. Would be happy to play it.
Ninja: Mr. Plagius isn't exactly an "internet pop culture slang/meme/buzzword", but I infer an allusion to COVID-19, which is a buzzword. A fascinating card though. Kinda funky. Sorta old school. That's some nice protection though making him a consummate blocker (odd for black) and unblockabe attacker. Like the thought of winning with his commander damage.

Winner: Ninja!!! You're the best around! Nothins ever gonna get ya down!!!

Next challenge: A 3/4 creature

Legend
Aethernaut

Survey Drone (Rare)
Artifact Creature - Construct Scout
3/4
Domain - Whenever Survey Drone attacks or blocks, you lose X life, where X is 5 minus the number of basic land types among lands you control.
How do we know if this thing's even leading us in the right direction? People can't be trusted and neither can their creations. - Admiral Vaugn

IIW: fate counters

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The O Rly? and Ya Rly owls? No? Did I misstep by referencing a meme that was too old?

scarbo's is Is This a Pigeon

Legend
Aethernaut

void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
The O Rly? and Ya Rly owls? No? Did I misstep by referencing a meme that was too old?

scarbo's is Is This a Pigeon
They're a little dated, but hey they're iconic so I should've known better. I had the mindset of things more recent, even current if not trending. I should have said as much. My bad. Next time I'll be more specific. 🙂

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”