NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

2021-03-23_01-04-23_firefox.png
(suggested watching for the voice if you don't already know this character)

C'orr, look at all this you kids brought me! Pity though, bit of misreading the room on your part in coming here. This black market's a criminal gig! Me and my boys are taking all this lot, and if you don't like it, we'll cut yer legs off! How's that fer payment?

Alright, now, let's take a look-see at what's actually worth keeping outta this rubble.
scarbo wrote:
3 years ago
Clandestine Auctioneer rr
Creature - Human Rogue (R)
Haste
t: Exile the top card of your library. You may play that card this turn.
Whenever you play a card from exile, untap Clandestine Auctioneer.
"Going thrice...?"
2/2

iiw: commons (viz-a-viz rarity)
That's a pretty shiny trinket if I ever saw one! Someone's going to get a lot of out of this, I bet it'll be worth a fortune.

Actually, possibly too much. Might break the balance of power in the neighbourhood. Can't have that. Boys, smash it up.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 years ago
Organ Trafficker
3b
Creature - Human Monger (U)
2, Sacrifice a creature: Target player draws a card and loses 1 life. Any player may activate this ability.
3/2
"Lungs! Lungs for sale! Buy one get one free!"

IIW: Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant
Orrite, this one's looking pretty nice. Bit o' wheeling and dealing, bit o' people getting shanked, that's good for business, that's what that is. Let's load this one up. Call off the whole leg cutting off business for this one, I've taken a liking to 'im.
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Wartime Smuggler 2B
Creature - Human Rogue Pirate (R)
Skulk
Whenever Wartime Smuggler attacks and isn't blocked, chose one -
• Create a clue token.
• Create a food token.
• Create a treasure token.
1/3

IIW: Welcome to the greatest Zoo in the multiverse.
You know what, I think I'm gonna keep this one personally. Put it right here in my pocket just like this. Gonna be useful a pinch one of these days.
lookingupanddown wrote:
3 years ago
Slavedriver Lich 4BB
Creature - Zombie Wizard Rogue (R)
3UU, : Target player gains control of target creature they don't own. It gains hexproof until end of turn. Activate this ability only once per turn.
Whenever a creature controlled by a player other than its owner dies, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token. If you don't control the creature that died this way, untap Slavedriver Lich and you lose 1 life.
"You only rent these bodies while they still have a soul. Once that leaves, they return to me."
3/5

IIW: Wake up the hero
I'm all for a bit o' malevolent magic every now and then, but this feels a bit too fiddly for an ol' geezer like this. Hard to keep track of all these knobs on here. I'm gonna snap some bits off. You won't mind, will you now, boy? Good, you're going to go far in this world.
Slavedriver Lich 4BB
Creature - Zombie Wizard Rogue (R)
3UU, : Target player gains control of target creature they don't own.
Whenever a creature controlled by a player other than its owner dies, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.
3/5
Much better! Seems more worth the price tag I saw on there. Just gonna lob this right into the truck. There's a good lad.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Contraband Idol 4
Artifact {R}
At the beginning of your upkeep, you draw a card.
5: Gain control of Contraband Idol. Any player may activate this ability, but only during their turn.

IIW: Sagas
Ooo, I like this one. Gonna giftwrap it and give it to me friend's nan. See who breaks in. Maybe hire 'em. Maybe he'll think twice about that money he owes me.
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
Organ Trafficker 2R
Creature — Goblin Citizen (R)
When Organ Trafficker enters the battlefield, each player creates a colorless artifact token named Organ with "At the beginning of your precombat main phase, add R."
R, T: Exchange control of two target artifacts. You can't activate this ability during combat.
2/2

IIW: Noncreature permanents with morph
Ain't this a nasty piece of work! Reminds me of someone, like a chip off the ol' block. Reminds me of me early days choppin' peoples' heads off for looking at me funny, and a lot o' them did. Busy days, those were. Yeah, gonna take this one, maybe polish it up real nice, sell it to some twit for a boatload o' quid, then probably chop 'is head off.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Doe-Eyed Smuggler U
Creature- Human Rogue (C)
When Doe-Eyed Smuggler enters the battlefield, exile the top card of your library face down. When Doe-Eyed Smuggler leaves the battleield, put the exiled card into your hand.
2: Look at all cards exiled with Doe-Eyed Smuggler.
1/1

IIW: Fantasy in space (but somehow not sci-fi)
Aww, ain't this precious. I can't bear to do anything to this! How am I meant to operate a black market with tykes like this out here. Boys, give this one back their wallet, let's get them on their way.
Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
Organ Extractor 1UB
Creature - Human Wizard
UB, T: Tap target creature you don't control and put a -1/-1 counter on it. The put a +1/+1 counter on another target creature you control.
1/1

IIW: Ooze Tribal
Orrite, yeah, I getcher. Steal someone's arm, bash their head in with it, we used to do it all the time back in the old neighbourhood. Knew a feller got his back and kept it on the mantlepiece. What a steal. And it is! Boys, load it up. Thanks for the charity, stranger, very thoughtful.

What a good haul that was! Didn't even have to cut anyone's legs off that time. Bit disappointed, really. Alright, let's go over inventory one more time.

Winner: Cythare for Organ Trafficker ()
HM: Sporegorger_Dragon for Organ Trafficker ()

Bit of a theme here this time, it seems.

Next: Noncreature permanents with morph
Last edited by spacemonaut 3 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 years ago

spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
Winner: Cythare for Organ Extractor
HM: Sporegorger_Dragon for Organ Trafficker
Um, kind sir, Cythare submitted Organ Trafficker ()

Ulka submitted Organ Extractor.

Who did you intend to be the winner?
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 3 years ago

Frenetic Horizon
Land (C)
1,T, Sacrifice Frenetic Horizon: Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, and shuffle.
Morph 2

IIW: Cool draft commons

Sporegorger_Dragon

Ugin, Seed of Tarkir

Legendary Planeswalker - Ugin (M)
+1: Ugin, Seed of Tarkir deals 2 damage to any target.
-4: Destroy target permanent that's one or more colors. Draw a card.
Morph 4ruub
When Ugin is turned face up, create four 4/4 red Dragon creature tokens with flying.
Loyalty: 4

Jace, Rudely Summoned
uu
Legendary Planeswalker - Jace (U)
+1: Target player mills three cards.
-2: Create a 1/1 blue Illusion creature token with flying.
Morph 2u
When Jace, Rudely Summoned is turned face up, draw a card.
Loyalty: 2
"Pffwah! There must be a less disgusting way!"

Art shows Jace all gooey and messy breaking out of a "morph spider", even though it's supposed to be just a mobile portal.

Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Mana Extractor 4
Artifact (C)
T: Add one mana of any color.
Morph 1
"It scuttles along the ground until it reaches the manawell, after which it transforms into a machine capable of extracting and refining the energy." - Thelis Verana, Head Engineer.

Next: Welcome to the greatest Zoo in the multiverse.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

3 years ago
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
Winner: Cythare for Organ Extractor
HM: Sporegorger_Dragon for Organ Trafficker
Um, kind sir, Cythare submitted Organ Trafficker ()

Ulka submitted Organ Extractor.

Who did you intend to be the winner?
Whoopsie. I had the cards the wrong way around but not the rest.
Last edited by spacemonaut 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
:grin: :grin: :grin:

Cythare submitted the red Organ Trafficker

I submitted the black Organ Trafficker

Ulka submitted the Organ Extractor

But it's all good, we know that Cythare's the judge for this round.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

3 years ago
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
:grin: :grin: :grin:

Cythare submitted the red Organ Trafficker

I submitted the black Organ Trafficker

Ulka submitted the Organ Extractor

But it's all good, we know that Cythare's the judge for this round.
Orrite, orrite, I see what's going on here, everything's fixed up now.

Yours was pretty great and the correct HM. I wrote this thing at 2:30am but I at least got the player names right. :D

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 3 years ago

I was originally gonna try to do instants and sorceries with morph, but the prompt did specify permanents, so...

Mutating Caverns
Land
T: Add c.
T: Add cC. spend this mana only to cast morph spells, or to turn face down cards face up.
Facedown creatures you control have "T: Add c."
Morph - Sacrifice a land.

IIW: Slice of Life scenes of the planeswalkers hanging out. Bonus points if it's not just green and white cards.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

Incendiary Research RRR
Enchantment {R}
Incendiary Research enters the battlefield with four lore counters on it.
At the beginning of you upkeep, remove a lore counter from Incendiary Research. If you do, exile the top card of your library. You may play that card this turn. If you can't remove a counter, sacrifice Incendiary Research and it deals 20 damage to you.
Morph R

IIW: Your Favorite Combo (one part)
MEG

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 years ago

Ghostfire Igniter 3
Artifact (U)
1, : Turn target permanent face down. Activate this ability only any time you can cast a sorcery.
Morph 2
Those who were given Ugin's gift of ghostfire took it upon themselves to share it with the world in a way their teacher couldn't.

Capture Spider 2U
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Enchant creature
When Capture Spider enters the battlefield, tap enchanted creature.
When Capture Spider is turned face up, attach it to target blocking or blocked creature, then tap that creature.
Enchanted creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.
Morph U
Ixidor's creations are usually less singular in its purpose.

IIW: Wake up, the hero

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

Some Mysterious Entries
Show
Hide
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Frenetic Horizon
Land (C)
1,T, Sacrifice Frenetic Horizon: Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, and shuffle.
Morph 2

IIW: Cool draft commons
This is pretty neat. I like that it has to tap to get a land, although I'd probably expect it to show up at uncommon (just a note, not a gripe). I think that the combined cost of the morph and needing a third mana to sacrifice it puts it at a good cost.
3 years ago
Ugin, Seed of Tarkir

Legendary Planeswalker - Ugin (M)
+1: Ugin, Seed of Tarkir deals 2 damage to any target.
-4: Destroy target permanent that's one or more colors. Draw a card.
Morph 4ruub
When Ugin is turned face up, create four 4/4 red Dragon creature tokens with flying.
Loyalty: 4

Jace, Rudely Summoned
uu
Legendary Planeswalker - Jace (U)
+1: Target player mills three cards.
-2: Create a 1/1 blue Illusion creature token with flying.
Morph 2u
When Jace, Rudely Summoned is turned face up, draw a card.
Loyalty: 2
"Pffwah! There must be a less disgusting way!"

Art shows Jace all gooey and messy breaking out of a "morph spider", even though it's supposed to be just a mobile portal.

As a note to both of these walkers, they need to use Hooded Hydra wording such as "As Jace, Rudely Summoned is turned face up, put 2 loyalty counters on him", otherwise he'll just immediately die (unless that was your intention, but I am assuming it is not). Ugin's in kind of a weird spot for me - 4CC feels more restrictive for me, and that and 4UUBR pull your mana base in completely different directions. The two modes playing out wildly different such that you feel like you're overpaying to just cast him and underpaying to flip him make me not like that. Jace's bonus of just drawing a card when he's turned face up seems more in-line with an appropriate morph bonus to attach to a planeswalker.
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
Mana Extractor 4
Artifact (C)
T: Add one mana of any color.
Morph 1
"It scuttles along the ground until it reaches the manawell, after which it transforms into a machine capable of extracting and refining the energy." - Thelis Verana, Head Engineer.

Next: Welcome to the greatest Zoo in the multiverse.
I feel like this should cost more to morph if it's immediately replacing the cost by tapping for any color. It costs the exact same to cast and then flip as it does to just cast it. I'd probably increase the morph cost to 2, but otherwise it's fine.
chetoos wrote:
3 years ago
I was originally gonna try to do instants and sorceries with morph, but the prompt did specify permanents, so...

Mutating Caverns
Land
T: Add c.
T: Add cC. spend this mana only to cast morph spells, or to turn face down cards face up.
Facedown creatures you control have "T: Add c."
Morph - Sacrifice a land.

IIW: Slice of Life scenes of the planeswalkers hanging out. Bonus points if it's not just green and white cards.
This is quite strong. The non-mana morph cost is cool, but the very large amount of ramp it provides might be problematic. Were you envisioning this at mythic? It would probably need to be in a morph-centric set, since in essence it gives all of your morph creatures "morph-convoke".
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Incendiary Research RRR
Enchantment {R}
Incendiary Research enters the battlefield with four lore counters on it.
At the beginning of you upkeep, remove a lore counter from Incendiary Research. If you do, exile the top card of your library. You may play that card this turn. If you can't remove a counter, sacrifice Incendiary Research and it deals 20 damage to you.
Morph R

IIW: Your Favorite Combo (one part)
Where have I seen this before? 😛
Same as Sporegorger_Dragon, I am assuming this is supposed to gain counters as it's turned face up and not just immediately kill you in your next upkeep?
lookingupanddown wrote:
3 years ago
Ghostfire Igniter 3
Artifact (U)
1, : Turn target permanent face down. Activate this ability only any time you can cast a sorcery.
Morph 2
Those who were given Ugin's gift of ghostfire took it upon themselves to share it with the world in a way their teacher couldn't.

Capture Spider 2U
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Enchant creature
When Capture Spider enters the battlefield, tap enchanted creature.
When Capture Spider is turned face up, attach it to target blocking or blocked creature, then tap that creature.
Enchanted creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.
Morph U
Ixidor's creations are usually less singular in its purpose.

IIW: Wake up, the hero
Ghostfire Igniter is way too strong. At the very least, it needs to specify nonland permanent. If you can turn your opponent's lands face-down and can handle a few 2/2s, they'll quickly be outpaced as you're Strip Mining them every turn in exchange for a 2/2. Either restrict it to nonland, make it cost more to turn your opponent's stuff face down, or limit it only to permanents with a morph ability.

Capture Spider should say "as ~ is turned face up", but otherwise is probably fine as-is. I'd probably prefer that its ability functioned outside of combat and didn't tap the creature, but this iteration is reasonable.
Winner Winner, Spider Dinner
Show
Hide
HM: Mergatroid_Jones
Winner: lookingupanddown for Capture Spider
Next: Wake up, the hero
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Megiddo
MEG

no it was supposed to kill you
MEG

dangerousdice

Post by dangerousdice » 3 years ago

wake-up, fierce legend
legendary snow enchantment creature - saga cat
first strike
[1-3]: put a +1/+1 counter on target snow creature you control.
[4]: snow creatures you control get +2/+2 until the end of the turn.
2/2

😄

Sporegorger_Dragon

Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
As a note to both of these walkers, they need to use Hooded Hydra wording such as "As Jace, Rudely Summoned is turned face up, put 2 loyalty counters on him", otherwise he'll just immediately die (unless that was your intention, but I am assuming it is not). Ugin's in kind of a weird spot for me - 4CC feels more restrictive for me, and that and 4UUBR pull your mana base in completely different directions. The two modes playing out wildly different such that you feel like you're overpaying to just cast him and underpaying to flip him make me not like that. Jace's bonus of just drawing a card when he's turned face up seems more in-line with an appropriate morph bonus to attach to a planeswalker.
I am utterly shamed for forgetting this.

As for Ugin, forcing him to morph first does make him vulnerable temporarily as a creature when cast early/on curve, and tacks on an additional 3 when trying to turn him up in the same turn. I wanted him to be like Thelonite Hermit, where you almost always want to morph him and only rarely tried to regular cast him, so you'd build around the morphing cast mostly.

But I can see your point.

@lookingupanddown , are we meant to take the IIW literally, or is this a reference to Kamen Rider?

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

It's funny, because originally I had set the Morph cost to 2, but decided it was to high. I compared it to Manalith.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

lookingupanddown

3 years ago
@lookingupanddown , are we meant to take the IIW literally, or is this a reference to Kamen Rider?
Either works.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Shiro, Savant Librarian
uu
Legendary Creature - Avatar (M)
Partner with Kamui, Half-Boiled Detective
Whenever Shiro, Savant Librarian enters the battlefield or you sacrifice a Clue, look at the top three cards of your library, then put them back in any order.
At the beginning of your end step, if you sacrificed one or more Clues this turn, shuffle that many cards from your graveyard into your library, then draw a card.
(Melds with Kamui, Half-Boiled Detective.)
1/3

Kamui, Half-Boiled Detective
ww
Legendary Creature - Human (M)
Partner with Shiro, Savant Librarian
Whenever Kamui, Half-Boiled Detective becomes tapped, investigate.
rr, Q: If you both own and control Kamui, Half-Boiled Detective and a creature named Shiro, Savant Librarian, exile them, then meld them into Doubleside, Masked Hero.
2/2

Melded Side:

Doubleside, Masked Hero
Legendary Creature - Human Avatar Warrior ()
When Doubleside, Masked Hero enters the battlefield, search your library and/or graveyard for three Aura and/or Equipment cards, reveal them, then put them into your hand. If you searched your library this way, shuffle it.
Doubleside has vigilance as long as it's enchanted.
Doubleside has trample as long as it's equipped.
Doubleside has double strike as long as it's both enchanted and equipped.
3/5

Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

TacticalCelebrant

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 3 years ago

Great Guardian of the City 3
Artifact - Vehicle (U)
Defender
Tap an untapped creature you control: Great Guardian of the City may attack this turn as though it didn't have defender.
Crew 3 (Tap any number of creatures you control with total power 3 or more: This Vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)
6/8

IIW: Card name includes your favorite word

Megiddo
MEG

i put a nonzero amount of effort into designing Act of Heroism so i'm going to sit this round out.
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 3 years ago

Wake Up W
Instant (C)
Untap target creature. It gets +0/+5 until end of turn.
Draw a card.

The Hero 3RW
Creature- Avatar Warrior (R)
Indestructible
If you would lose the game, instead sacrifice The Hero. If you do, your life total becomes 5.
4/2

IIW: One word card names.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG

@lookingupanddown
MEG

lookingupanddown

Judging later tonight. now.
Last edited by lookingupanddown 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

lookingupanddown

dangerousdice wrote:
3 years ago
wake-up, fierce legend
legendary snow enchantment creature - saga cat
first strike
[1-3]: put a +1/+1 counter on target snow creature you control.
[4]: snow creatures you control get +2/+2 until the end of the turn.
2/2
I have no idea if this works in the rules, but assuming it does, it starts as an okay aggro creature and eventually becomes a threat. Dying to twice the normal amount of removal should easily be compensated by pumping your entire team. Overall, great card.
3 years ago
Shiro, Savant Librarian
uu
Legendary Creature - Avatar (M)
Partner with Kamui, Half-Boiled Detective
Whenever Shiro, Savant Librarian enters the battlefield or you sacrifice a Clue, look at the top three cards of your library, then put them back in any order.
At the beginning of your end step, if you sacrificed one or more Clues this turn, shuffle that many cards from your graveyard into your library, then draw a card.
(Melds with Kamui, Half-Boiled Detective.)
1/3

Kamui, Half-Boiled Detective
ww
Legendary Creature - Human (M)
Partner with Shiro, Savant Librarian
Whenever Kamui, Half-Boiled Detective becomes tapped, investigate.
rr, Q: If you both own and control Kamui, Half-Boiled Detective and a creature named Shiro, Savant Librarian, exile them, then meld them into Doubleside, Masked Hero.
2/2

Melded Side:

Doubleside, Masked Hero
Legendary Creature - Human Avatar Warrior ()
When Doubleside, Masked Hero enters the battlefield, search your library and/or graveyard for three Aura and/or Equipment cards, reveal them, then put them into your hand. If you searched your library this way, shuffle it.
Doubleside has vigilance as long as it's enchanted.
Doubleside has trample as long as it's equipped.
Doubleside has double strike as long as it's both enchanted and equipped.
3/5
The wind blows very strongly here, detective. PhilipShiro is weird in that he allows you to choose your card drawn off a Clue between you top 3 cards, but resets it at end of turn. ShotaroKamui is your standard aggro package, but gives white card draw, so overall pretty good. Together, they provide a great finisher. It's unfortunate that none of its abilities can be bolstered by the front faces, but it could point to something in deckbuilding. Overall, great card, and is an amazing way to show off Kamen Rider Double. The Chief will be proud.
TacticalCelebrant wrote:
3 years ago
Artifact - Vehicle (U)
Defender
Tap an untapped creature you control: Great Guardian of the City may attack this turn as though it didn't have defender.
Crew 3 (Tap any number of creatures you control with total power 3 or more: This Vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)
6/8
Finally, a large robot. It's a bit worrying power level-wise how easy an undercosted 6/8 is to crew with just a single 1/1 token, but I could see situations where it doesn't do much (especially without trample). It's a fun big beater all around, though, so it should be enjoyable to play.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Wake Up W
Instant (C)
Untap target creature. It gets +0/+5 until end of turn.
Draw a card.

The Hero 3RW
Creature- Avatar Warrior (R)
Indestructible
If you would lose the game, instead sacrifice The Hero. If you do, your life total becomes 5.
4/2
I always smile whenever we get another card that dodges player death, and this is no exception. This might be better that most of them, since there's that front (assuming this is an MDFC) end just around to create surprise blockers. Great way to stave off dying early on, and then late-game. An indestructible 4/2 is no joke either.

HM: Mergatroid_Jones for Wake Up // The Hero
Winner: @Sporegorger_Dragon for Shiro/Kamui and Doubleside

Next: Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant

TacticalCelebrant

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 3 years ago

lookingupanddown wrote:
3 years ago
TacticalCelebrant wrote:
3 years ago
Artifact - Vehicle (U)
Defender
6/8
Finally, a large robot. It's a bit worrying power level-wise how easy an undercosted 6/8 is to crew with just a single 1/1 token, but I could see situations where it doesn't do much (especially without trample). It's a fun big beater all around, though, so it should be enjoyable to play.
You might have misread mine. It has crew 3, so you'll need a 3/X or something to turn it into a creature with defender, and then an additional 1/1 to make it attack.
Anyway, time to make a carnivorous plant!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”