NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Alright sweet, will probably judge tomorrow assuming I get a good-ish number of entries
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Monger cycle!

Lifemonger 2WB
Creature - Human Monger (Uncommon)
Lifelink
2: Target player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life. Any player may activate this ability.
" 'Health' is a subjective term."
3/3

Rotmonger 2BG
Creature - Zombie Monger (Uncommon)
Menace
2: Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn. Any player may activate this ability.
"Everyone dies someday. For the right price, it can even be today."
3/3

Leymonger 2GU
Creature - Dryad Monger (Uncommon)
When Leymonger enters the battlefield, draw a card.
2: Add one mana of any color. Any player may activate this ability.
"Ramos's gifts are to be shared, even with the likes of you.
3/3

Thoughtmonger 2UR
Creature - Goblin Monger (Uncommon)
Hexproof
2: Draw a card, then discard a card. Any player may activate this ability.
"Out of ideas? I'm sure I have one lying around..."
3/3

Zealmonger 2RW
Creature - Minotaur Monger (Uncommon)
First Strike
2: Target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn. Any player may activate this ability.
"Wars are won with soldiers and a just cause, but also weapons."
3/3

IIW: God-Eternal Hazoret

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 4 years ago

joblins
MEG

barbecube

Post by barbecube » 4 years ago

Heroes of Saprazzo
3U
Creature — Merfolk Warrior
Whenever Heroes of Saprazzo deals damage to a creature, put that creature on top of its owner's library and create a Treasure.
2, Sacrifice a Treasure: Draw a card.

3/3

iiw enchantments matter
formerly willows

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Ramosian Honor Guard 1WW
Creature - Human Rebel Warrior (R)
Vigilance
5, T: Search your library for a Rebel permanent card with converted mana cost 4 or less and put it onto the battlefield. If Ramosian Honor Guard is attacking, instead put it onto the battlefield tapped and attacking. If Ramosian Honor Guard is blocking, instead put it onto the battlefield blocking. Then shuffle your library.
3/3

Cateran Taxonomist 3BB
Creature - Horror Mercenary (R)
4, T, Sacrifice a Mercenary permanent: Return target Mercenary permanent with converted mana cost 4 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.
4/4

Bound in Fury 2G
Tribal Enchantment - Rebel Aura (U)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has trample.

Bound in Sadism 3B
Tribal Enchantment - Mercenary Aura (U)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has deathtouch.

IIW: Green creatures with 4 power and a cmc of 3.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

wonderful
Pronoun: she / her

Post by wonderful » 4 years ago

Rishadan Pawner 1R
Creature - Goblin Pirate (R)
R, T: Gain control of target artifact you don't control with converted mana cost less than or equal to Mercadian Pawner's power. Then that permanent's owner creates a Treasure.
"We'll buy it, whether you want us to or not."
2/1

iiw: strange simic creatures

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

Saprazzo, Caldera Ruin
Legendary Land (R)
T: Add C to your mana pool.
2{U/R}, T: Create a Treasure token.
2UR, T, Sacrifice Saprazzo, Caldera Ruin: Exile the top five cards of your library. Until end of turn, you may cast cards exiled this way. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.

IIW: MTG sport stars
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

ITT everyone has decided Mercadia gets Treasures?

I mean it makes sense, tbh
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Squee, Goblin Kabob 2R
Legendary Artifact Creature - Goblin Food (R)
Haste
At the beginning of your upkeep, return Squee, Goblin Kabob from your graveyard or exile to the battlefield.
2, t, Sacrifice Squee: You gain 3 life.
2/1

IIW: Tokens
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Okay that entry's telling me I may have to judge a little early tbh

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

Kyren Politics 1R
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant Mountain you control
As Kyren Politics enters the battlefield, turn enchanted Mountain the right way up. (Turn it upside down.)
Enchanted land has "XR, T: Up to X target Goblins gain menace until end of turn."

IIW: Guild-colored artifacts from Ravnica. (Must have two colors in its casting cost.)
Last edited by spacemonaut 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Okay yeah judging tonight it is I guess

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Subject16 - Making the original Monger cycle better is a good idea because a lot of them were bad. The broad array of effects here and useful additional abilities helps. However, some of these are fun and some are just zero-sum (I'm thinking of Lifemonger and, in blocking situations, Zealmonger).

barbecube - Odd flavor on this. The "Heroes of Saprazzo" - the relatively more "virtuous" non-piratical blue-aligned city - are chucking people on top of libraries and shaking them down for their cash? A very useful and toolboxy card, but primarily one for Limited, and feels more like an Ixalan use of Treasure tokens than a specifically Mercadia one.

Cythare - Just considering the creatures, this is a lovely rendering of the original Rebel/Mercenary mechanics. Honestly if you had just entered Ramosian Honor Guard I would have little to say except "great!" Cateran Taxonomist has, again, flavor that's a little odd (science is a bit too introspective for the Cateran Guilds I think) and the Auras just feel completely random and flavorless, riding on nothing but a Bound in Silence callback. Still, again, great creatures!

wonderful - See, now THIS feels like a specifically Mercadian use of Treasure! Great flavor, slightly marred by the name inconsistency in the text (and yes, "Mercadian Pawner" feels a little better imo). Just a fun card, and highly useful in Commander, but it won't make you any friends when you replace every mana rock possible with a single usage.

mellifluoresce - Aww no I don't wanna see Vvardenfell Saprazzo turned into the Scathing Bay a big smoking crater. I love the sheer amount of utility in this, well, utility land - one ability setting up the other. The sacrifice ability feels a little bit swingy or just outright dangerous digging five cards deep, though.

Cythare - :trolo:

spacemonaut - I sure love trinket text. Especially when it has no rules meaning at all. :armscross: Unless this is meant to be like a Steamflogger Boss thing where turning upside down has a secret rules meaning?

Mostly great entries all around. Yes even the troll ones were amusing this time.

HM: wonderful
Winner: Cythare
Next: Green creatures with 4 power and a cmc of 3.

wonderful

Post by wonderful » 4 years ago

Saddleback Snapper 1GG
Creature - Turtle (U)
Tap another untapped creature you control: Saddleback Snapper gets +1/+1 and gains trample and vigilance until end of turn. Activate this ability only once per turn.
3/2

Spirit of the Forest GGG
Legendary Creature - Dryad Spirit (M)
Spirit of the Forest enters the battlefield with four +1/+1 counters on it.
Remove one counter from Spirit of the Forest: Gain 2 life.
Remove two counters from Spirit of the Forest: Draw a card.
Remove three counters from Spirit of the Forest: Return target nonlegendary card from your graveyard to your hand.
Remove four counters from Spirit of the Forest: Until end of turn, lands you control add an additional G when tapped for mana.
0/0

iiw: scarecrows

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Hashep Stalker 1GG
Creature - Beast (U)
Persist (When this creature dies, if it had no -1/-1 counter on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control with a -1/-1 counter on it."
"The menagerie is gone. We face the Trial of Strength on a daily basis now."
-Djeru

4/2

IIW: A new kind of Sliver

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
spacemonaut - I sure love trinket text. Especially when it has no rules meaning at all. :armscross: Unless this is meant to be like a Steamflogger Boss thing where turning upside down has a secret rules meaning?
Just a reference to Mercadia's upside-down mountains. :P Or rather if we're on Mercadia, all the other mountains we're playing are probably the wrong way up, and this tomfoolery must be corrected.

TacticalCelebrant
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 4 years ago

Wormroot Tiller 2g
Creature – Treefolk Shaman (R)
Wormroot can't attack or block unless you control another creature.
b t, Exile target creature card from a graveyard: Create a 0/1 green plant creature token.
4/4

Canopy-Waisted Dourbark 1gg
Creature - Treefolk Giant (U)
Reach
Canopy-Waisted Dourbark can block only creatures with flying.
The old Dourbark could see for miles, but was completely unaware what was going on underfoot.
4/4

IIW: Enchantment Tokens.
Last edited by TacticalCelebrant 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 4 years ago

Deathless Baloth 2G
Creature - Beast (rare)
Protection from Black
At the beginning of combat, you may exile target card from a graveyard. If that card was a creature card, Deathless Baloth gains your choice of vigilance, reach, or trample until end of turn.
4/3
A cycle of color hosers like the shifting ceratops cycle in M20
IIW: Uncommon walkers from M20 upshifted to Rare.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

[mention]Cythare[/mention] Does the challenge allow multicolored green, or only mono-green?

Maw of the Woods 1GG
Creature — Elemental (R)
Defender
Whenever one or more creatures attack you or a planeswalker you control, Woodland Maw fights target attacking creature you don't control.
The woodland always takes its toll from the least prepared.
4/4

Wartorn Ancient GGG
Creature — Elemental (MR)
Trample
Wartorn Ancient assigns no combat damage unless its power is 8 or greater.
Whenever damage is dealt to Wartorn Ancient, put that many +1/+1 counters on it. (It must survive the damage to get the counters.)
4/4

Carnage Swarm 2G
Creature — Insect (U)
Wither (This deals damage to creatures in the form of -1/-1 counters.)
Creatures deal damage to Carnage Swarm as though they had wither.
4/3

IIW: Guild-colored artifacts from Ravnica. (Must have two colors in its casting cost.)

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

spacemonaut wrote:
4 years ago
Cythare Does the challenge allow multicolored green, or only mono-green?
The intention was monogreen, but I won't disqualify a multicolor entry. Multicolor muddies the water since my intention was to see what people felt justified/was allowed at that power/cost ratio, and adding colors tends to change that.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

Nova Hive Scions 1GG
Creature - Insect Soldier (R)
At the beginning of your end step, you may put a -1/-1 counter on Nova Hive Scions. When you do, create a 1/1 green Insect creature token.
As long as Nova Hive Scions has 1 or less power, other Insects you control have deathtouch.
4/4

IIW: Treasure chests
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Cythare wrote:
4 years ago
spacemonaut wrote:
4 years ago
Cythare Does the challenge allow multicolored green, or only mono-green?
The intention was monogreen, but I won't disqualify a multicolor entry. Multicolor muddies the water since my intention was to see what people felt justified/was allowed at that power/cost ratio, and adding colors tends to change that.
Thanks for the answer! Monocolor for me it is then. I'm interested in that too.

ForestsCarl

Post by ForestsCarl » 4 years ago

Dian Keto, Cure Master 1GW
Legendary Creature - Hag Shaman
Whenever Dian Keto deals damage, except against planeswalkers, each opponent that controls a nontoken creature gains that much life.
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player that controls a nontoken creature gains 2 life.
Healing Jujus for everyone.
4/4

Iiw:
Symmetrical effects

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Judging now!
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

So, as I noted above, the goal was to see what people felt green could get at this power/cmc configuration (at whatever rarity you chose). Mixing in other colors will not be reviewed as favorably, since that means that it gets stuff green may otherwise not get.

wonderful - Saddleback Snapper is a cute and straightforward uncommon! Spirit of the Forest has...maybe too much text to fit on a Magic card? I like the hodgepodge of abilities, and that the effects are distinct enough but all green enough in context.
Subject16 - Hashep Stalker is a straightforward creature, but I'm intrigued about how it uses persist in an Amonkhet setting. I'm not sure how it works from a flavor perspective (given the Curse of Wandering), but mechanically it jives.
Tactical Celebrant - Wormroot Tiller is cute. The black ability is probably something that green could get on its own, but I understand that gating the ability with a different color is what makes this an appropriate costing. Canopy-Waisted Dourbark made me chuckle and is a flavor home run.
chetoos - Protection from black isn't the first ability that I'd expect when reading the name "Deathless", but sure. When I initially read this, I assumed it was combat on your turn, so was confused by reach. I don't think that I'd be alone in this, and would prefer if it was an attack trigger that let you choose between untapping it or gaining trample.
spacemonaut - Maw of the Woods feels like it would be a disappointing rare to open, yet it's also quite strong. Wartorn Ancient's a bit of an odd duck, since it's likely just never going to get blocked, forcing it to function as more of a rattlesnake to stop your opponent from attacking until they can alpha strike, and it's unfortunate that it will likely have to block twice to become active. Carnage Swarm is a neat uncommon.
mellifluoresce - Nova Hive Scions is a cute mix of a beater and a lord!
ForestsCarl - This feels more white than green to me, and feels like it's borrowing green to be able to get away with the power to cost ratio, which kinda defeats the purpose of the challenge. It also is sorta feelbad in Limited, since it's only an effective attacker against a planeswalker or on an empty board.

HMs: everyone who made an uncommon
Winner: mellifluoresce for a cool beater/tribal lord hybrid!
Next: Treasure chests
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”