NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 4 years ago

inb4 the judging is just you saying "thank u, next" on every entry until you get to the winner
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

See that's the kind of originality people come to the Club for
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post by avatarz » 4 years ago

Tooth-Mary 2BB
Legendary Creature — Fairy Horror (R)
Flying
At the beginning of the each player's upkeep, destroy another target creature that player controls. When you do, put a +1/+1 counter on Tooth-Mary and that creature's controller create a Treasure token.
"Who roams around in the moody skies
to ease her children of their weepy cries?"
— Arden's nursery rhyme

2/3

IIW: MtG from another dimension

ForestsCarl

Post by ForestsCarl » 4 years ago

Ariana, Dangerous Woman 1GW
Legendary Creature - Human Noble [MR]
Soulbond
Ariana, Dangerous Woman and creature tokens you control have flying as long as a creature card with flying is exiled with a thanks counter on it. The same is true for first strike, double strike, deathtouch, haste, hexproof, indestructible, lifelink, menace, protection, reach, trample, and vigilance.
3UBR: Create a token copy of Ariana's pair, and exile it with a thanks counter.
4/4

IIW
Enchantment search or recursion.

TheRavenManIsSquee
the Grinch of club flamingo

Post by TheRavenManIsSquee » 4 years ago

Musical bears 1G
Creature- Bear (C)
2/2
Raooarrrawarrrawoooarawrararrartwawarrrrrr!

IIW: Eldrazi
My MTGA username is TheOneTrueMouse. My username for this site is nothing if not factual.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

re this challenge: thank u, next

(pls kindly, with love)

(I hope you're all having a nice Friday or nice Saturday morning)

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 4 years ago

Next U
Instant (C)
Draw a card
The next spell you cast this turn costs 1 less to cast.

IIW: Something that should have been printed by now.

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

NinjaCaterpie wrote:
4 years ago
ok real card time

Lady Grande's Coup UBR
Enchantment - Saga (U)
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
I — Target player gains control of target creature you control.
II — Draw a card for each permanent you own but don't control.
III — Each opponent loses 7 life for each permanent they control that you own,

love, patience, pain, etc.

IIW: Adventures!
shame it isn't in Zedruu colours, I like the use of a Saga for this challenge though
I like the progression and the different ways the opponent can interact with it at different stages
7 rings/10
spacemonaut wrote:
4 years ago
Grande's New Groove 3BG
Legendary Sorcery
(You may cast a legendary sorcery only if you control a legendary creature or planeswalker.)
As an additional cost to cast this spell, sacrifice a nonlegendary creature.
Put a green or black creature card from your hand onto the battlefield.

IIW: Colored artifacts on Dominaría
Given we've seen Dramatic Entrance before, I'd like to see a bit more upside for the requirement of both a legendary and nonlegendary creature, other than being able to dump any fatty into play. Providing the sacrificed creature's stats/abilities could be a solid way to play off the black side of the card.

Just a Little Bit of Your Heart/10
Stapler wrote:
4 years ago
Grez-Arel, Head of Development 2UB
Legendary Creature - Horror Wizard (M)
Imprint - 2, T, Exile another nontoken creature you control: Draw two cards.
Grez-Arel has all activated abilities of all cards exiled with it.
The largest and most important of the four Heads, Grez-Arel floats in its jar, contemplating Phyrexia's future.
2/4

IIW: You LOSE!
I hope the art has a big forehead
Otherwise this is a fairly straightforward idea, and the balance seems fine
Almost is Never Enough/10
4 years ago
Tooth-Mary 2BB
Legendary Creature — Fairy Horror (R)
Flying
At the beginning of the each player's upkeep, destroy another target creature that player controls. When you do, put a +1/+1 counter on Tooth-Mary and that creature's controller create a Treasure token.
"Who roams around in the moody skies
to ease her children of their weepy cries?"
— Arden's nursery rhyme

2/3

I'd like to see this be able to target itself and eventually end, Drop of Honey style, but otherwise it's pretty reasonable
Only Girl in the World/10
ForestsCarl wrote:
4 years ago
Ariana, Dangerous Woman 1GW
Legendary Creature - Human Noble [MR]
Soulbond
Ariana, Dangerous Woman and creature tokens you control have flying as long as a creature card with flying is exiled with a thanks counter on it. The same is true for first strike, double strike, deathtouch, haste, hexproof, indestructible, lifelink, menace, protection, reach, trample, and vigilance.
3UBR: Create a token copy of Ariana's pair, and exile it with a thanks counter.
4/4

IIW
Enchantment search or recursion.
This is new use of the soulbond mechanic, which I appreciate and there's some fun things going on, don't think it needs the WUBRG identity though
Die in Your Arms/10
TheRavenManIsSquee wrote:
4 years ago
Musical bears 1G
Creature- Bear (C)
2/2
Raooarrrawarrrawoooarawrararrartwawarrrrrr!

blazed/10
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
4 years ago
Next U
Instant (C)
Draw a card
The next spell you cast this turn costs 1 less to cast.

IIW: Something that should have been printed by now.
thank u, next

Thank u: Stapler's card seemed the most fun and reasonable to me
Next: You LOSE!

EDIT: Cythare gets an HM (I Have Nothing/10) because I'm bad and forgot him
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Chrono Adjudicator 3WB
Artifact Creature — Human Warlock (M)
If a player would take an extra turn, that player loses the game instead.
Creatures can't become tapped. (Activated abilities including t can't be activated and creatures without vigilance can't attack.)
2: Target creature gains vigilance until end of turn. Any player may activate this ability.
3/5

IIW: Demons
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

Throw in the Towel B
Instant (R)
You may reveal Throw in the Towel from your opening hand. If you do, at the beginning of the first upkeep, you lose the game.
Target player loses 1 life.

IIW: doomsday piles
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

Back to Reality UB
Instant (U)
Counter target Adventure. Its controller exiles a card from their hand. (The creature can't come back.)
"You get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!"

IIW: Adventures

Mergatroid_Jones

Dead-Man's Switch 0
Artifact (R)
When you lose the game other than by conceding, each player sacrifices each permanent they control.
Cycling 2
"Do it, you coward! Kill me!"

IIW: Birds without flying, or spiders without reach
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 4 years ago

Carnage Auction 1BR
Sorcery (R)
Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of life. Repeat this process until no one pays life. Each player who paid least amount of life sacrifices a permanent.
"Pay most to lose least."

IIW: Noncreature Knight cards :)

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 4 years ago

Gatewatch Together WUBRG
Legendary Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you don't control a planeswalker, you lose the game.
At the beginning of your end step, put a loyalty counter on each planeswalker you control.
You may activate the loyalty abilities of planeswalkers you control twice each turn rather than only once.
Planeswalkers you control have hexproof.

IIW: Upshift uncommon walkers from War of the Spark to rare.

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

Pyrrhic Victory
Legendary Instant (M)
( can be paid with either or 2 life.)
Split second (As long as this spell is on the stack, players can't cast spells or activate abilities that aren't mana abilities.)
Target opponent wins the game.
I may die, but you still lose.

IIW: Adventure Time! (the Eldraine mechanic, not the cartoon).
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

Lord of Pestilence 2BB
Creature — Demon (M)
Flying
At the beginning of your end step or whenever an opponent gains life, put a miasma counter on ~.
If an opponent has less life than the number of miasma counters on ~, they lose the game.
4/4

ForestsCarl

Post by ForestsCarl » 4 years ago

Avaricious Demon 2BR
Creature - Demon [R]
Flying
IF you would draw a card(s), instead you draw two cards and you lose 1 life.
At the beginning of your upkeep, discard your hand and sacrifice another creature.
4/3

IiW:
A card that recurs ALL (as in all) cards of a [type] from the graveyard.
eg. Liliana Vess ult (creatures)/ Splendid Reclamation (lands)/ Past in Flames (I/S)/ Bruna (Auras)

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Meme entry

Loss 2B
Enchantment - Saga (Uncommon)
I : | I
II: | _

IIW: Pokemon

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 4 years ago

there's LOSERS
Show
Hide
Cythare wrote:
4 years ago
Chrono Adjudicator 3WB
Artifact Creature — Human Warlock (M)
If a player would take an extra turn, that player loses the game instead.
Creatures can't become tapped. (Activated abilities including t can't be activated and creatures without vigilance can't attack.)
2: Target creature gains vigilance until end of turn. Any player may activate this ability.
3/5

IIW: Demons
This feels like two cards mushed into one; I don't really get the flavourful connection between the first and last two abilities, and the name seems to only reference the first ability as well. Yet it's the second pair of abilities that's actually interesting, with the first ability being a random hoser effect, but if you cut that effect from the card it no longer fits the challenge. I do like the uniqueness and potential play of those last two effects, though I do have minor quibbles with the reminder text, namely, is it implying that taps as a cost (Convoke or something like Kyren Negotiations) as well as tapdown effects like Sleep don't count? And if they do count, what's the point of the reminder text?
mellifluoresce wrote:
4 years ago
Throw in the Towel B
Instant (R)
You may reveal Throw in the Towel from your opening hand. If you do, at the beginning of the first upkeep, you lose the game.
Target player loses 1 life.

IIW: doomsday piles
smh, should be a replacement effect so you cant Spirit Guide+Manamorphose+Stifle it
winning is for cowards
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
4 years ago
Back to Reality UB
Instant (U)
Counter target Adventure. Its controller exiles a card from their hand. (The creature can't come back.)
"You get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!"

IIW: Adventures
I'm almost never a fan of narrow, situational hate cards, and a dual coloured (i.e. hard to cast) card that hates on the most recent mechanic feels even worse. It certainly evokes the feeling and energy of the challenge, I just wish it hated on something a little more ubiquitous.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
4 years ago
Dead-Man's Switch 0
Artifact (R)
When you lose the game other than by conceding, each player sacrifices each permanent they control.
Cycling 2
"Do it, you coward! Kill me!"

IIW: Birds without flying, or spiders without reach
Unfortunately, your card does not function as printed; when a player loses the game (or concedes) all their permanents, spells and abilities get removed from the board and the stack, meaning as soon as you take lethal and this triggers, the trigger will get exiled immediately and your table flip won't happen (which only really matters in multiplayer, though I feel like your card is designed for multiplayer anyways). I think a potentially interesting way to remake this while keeping the original intent would be something like: "If you would lose the game, instead your life total becomes 1 and each player sacrifices each permanent they control." It creates a challenge for your opponents to find some way to eliminate you after doing it the first time with plenty of counterplay in between. The card would need to lose cycling and probably cost 5+ to go this route.
Sagharri wrote:
4 years ago
Carnage Auction 1BR
Sorcery (R)
Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of life. Repeat this process until no one pays life. Each player who paid least amount of life sacrifices a permanent.
"Pay most to lose least."

IIW: Noncreature Knight cards :)
A fairly unique take on bidding cards, where you lose life even if you end up losing the bid, which I think makes for more interesting choices (for something like Mages' Contest, your opponent can make you pay an absurd amount of life if you REALLY need to counter the spell and they have no repercussions for doing so). I do feel like the punishment for losing isn't that harsh though, as most of the time it's a Stone Rain where the caster can't choose the target (and if it's not hitting a land but a token instead, then it's REALLY not very punishing at all). Increasing the permanents sacrificed to two (and increasing the mana cost by 1) would give the card some real stakes.
chetoos wrote:
4 years ago
Gatewatch Together WUBRG
Legendary Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you don't control a planeswalker, you lose the game.
At the beginning of your end step, put a loyalty counter on each planeswalker you control.
You may activate the loyalty abilities of planeswalkers you control twice each turn rather than only once.
Planeswalkers you control have hexproof.

IIW: Upshift uncommon walkers from War of the Spark to rare.
This card has way too much text and doesn't justify it by having an interesting or fun effect on the game; it feels like one person at the table is always going to be miserable when this is in play. Either the caster assembles their Gatewatch and the opponent gets buried in planeswalkers they can't interact well with, of the opponent has the appropriate answer for their walkers and the caster loses the game on the spot despite going through the difficulties of building a 5-colour deck to play this card.
Sojourner Dusk wrote:
4 years ago
Pyrrhic Victory
Legendary Instant (M)
( can be paid with either or 2 life.)
Split second (As long as this spell is on the stack, players can't cast spells or activate abilities that aren't mana abilities.)
Target opponent wins the game.
I may die, but you still lose.

IIW: Adventure Time! (the Eldraine mechanic, not the cartoon).
I think it's one thing (as with Mergatroid_Jones' card) to cause problems for the people killing you, and a complete other to totally spite the rest of the table with a card like this. Including this card in your text is tantamount to saying you plan on losing at some point and want to troll the table in a way that almost literally can't be interacted with. The fact that this is an instant win with Hive Mind in 1v1 (that, again, can't be interacted with) doesn't help it's case either.
4 years ago
Lord of Pestilence 2BB
Creature — Demon (M)
Flying
At the beginning of your end step or whenever an opponent gains life, put a miasma counter on ~.
If an opponent has less life than the number of miasma counters on ~, they lose the game.
4/4

I think the last ability needs to be a triggered ability for it function in a reasonable way (perhaps combine the two into one? "At end step/when gain life, put a miasma counter on ~. Then if an opponent has less life, they lose".) Other than that, I like the idea a lot; you're effectively reducing the opponent's life total each turn this sticks in play, but they can prevent the "lifeloss" by removing the demon before it's too late. I feel like this would still be a fair card if it actually did work via lifeloss (i.e. at end step/when gain life, each opponent loses 1 life; compare to Spawn of Mayhem) so maybe increasing the frequency of when you get counters would still keep the card fair while making it a bit more dangerous for your opponent to leave around.
ForestsCarl wrote:
4 years ago
Avaricious Demon 2BR
Creature - Demon [R]
Flying
IF you would draw a card(s), instead you draw two cards and you lose 1 life.
At the beginning of your upkeep, discard your hand and sacrifice another creature.
4/3

IiW:
A card that recurs ALL (as in all) cards of a [type] from the graveyard.
eg. Liliana Vess ult (creatures)/ Splendid Reclamation (lands)/ Past in Flames (I/S)/ Bruna (Auras)
Rakdos' take on Avaricious Dragon. I do like the replacement effect, as that really helps give the card some build-around potential, but I feel like the punishment is way too harsh considering how low on resources this puts you. Discarding your hand is fair, but saccing a creature when each turn you're usually only able to play 1 creature a turn means you'll almost never be able to attack with anything you play for as long as this sticks around. Some different drawback, or some other benefit to the caster would be welcome in making this more palatable, as right now it seems like a strict downgrade to the dragon it appears to be designed after.
Subject16 wrote:
4 years ago
Meme entry

Loss 2B
Enchantment - Saga (Uncommon)
I : | I
II: | _

IIW: Pokemon
no joke i want to give you the win so bad because this is actually genius
but memers never prosper :pensive:
and there's WINNERS
Show
Hide
Winner: Sagharri!
HM: avatarz!

Next Challenge: Noncreature Knight cards :)
"Image"

Mergatroid_Jones

Papal Crusade WW
Enchantment (R)
When Papal Crusade enters the battlefield put a chivalry counter on any number of target creatures and choose a color.
Creatures with chivalry counters are Knights in addition to other types.
Knight creatures you control have first strike and protection from the chosen color.
Pope Glorious XVI's promise of immortal absolution proved a extremely effective tool in recruitment.

IIW: Historical references. Note the reference if not obvious (we don't all know the same stuff).

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 4 years ago

Judicial Dueling Grounds 1R
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a Knight enters the battlefield under your control, attach up to one target Equipment you control to it. Then you may have it fight up to one target creature you don't control.
"Have at ye!"

IIW: Spies, assassins, or espers.
"Image"

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

Hall of the Forebearers 2W
Artifact (U)
Whenever a Knight you control dies, exile it.
Knights you control enter the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter for each card exiled with Hall of the Forebearers.

In another set this would be an enchantment, but given the existence of things like Witching Well in Eldraine, and that it represents a physical place, I think it fits as a coloured artifact.

IIW: Adventures!

Ridges of Everanthia
Land (U)
~ enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add W to your mana pool.
Whenever a Knight you control attacks alone, it gets +1/+0 and gains first strike until end of turn.
Nothing moves before the slopes of Everanthia unnoticed. Or for very long..

Last edited by avatarz 4 years ago, edited 8 times in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

Oaths Broken 2B
Enchantment — Aura (R)
Enchant creature you don't control
Enchanted creature gets -2/-2, can't be equipped, and is a Coward in addition to its other types.
At the beginning of enchanted creature's controller's upkeep, if enchanted creature is a Knight, its controller loses 1 life.
"Turn over your armaments and never return."

TheRavenManIsSquee
the Grinch of club flamingo

Post by TheRavenManIsSquee » 4 years ago

Ione, Questing Hero 1WR
Legendary Planeswalker- Ione
[+1] Put a +1/+1 counter on up to two target knights you control.
[0] Remove any number of loyalty counters from Ione: until your next turn, knights you control get +0/+X, where X is the number of loyalty counters removed this way.
[-3] Create a 2/2 knight creature token, then each knight you control deals 2 damage to target creature or Planeswalker.
[3]
My MTGA username is TheOneTrueMouse. My username for this site is nothing if not factual.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”