NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

lookingupanddown
Pronoun: he / him

Post by lookingupanddown » 2 years ago

Periodic Cleaning WW
(art: Teferi removing brambles from the base of Gideon's statue, Karn repairing part of the statue itself, while Tamiyo sweeps in the background.)
Sorcery (C)
Choose one—
• Destroy target artifact or enchantment you don't control.
• Return target artifact or enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.
While there are people hired to keep Gideon's memorial in order, many planeswalkers still choose to personally tend to it once in a while.

Successful Hunt 3GG
(art: Garruk and Vivien sit eating around a fire, with large chunks of meat roasting above it. a very large animal lies dead nearby, bits of meat carved out. Vivien is very happy, while Garruk looks content)
Sorcery (R)
As an additional cost to cast this spell, sacrifice a creature.
You gain 5 life. You draw cards equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.
"It's good to have you back, Wildspeaker."

IIW: "CARDNAME deals 1 damage to you."

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Judging tomorrow, because it slipped my mind tonight, sorry.

chetoos

Well, while my tests run for 10 minutes at a time, lets get some judging done!
I'll be honest, I love all of these cards because I love the scenes of planeswalkers hanging out, so it'll be probably down to just mechanics, unless there's a card that's a really good scene together.
lookingupanddown wrote:
2 years ago
Periodic Cleaning WW
(art: Teferi removing brambles from the base of Gideon's statue, Karn repairing part of the statue itself, while Tamiyo sweeps in the background.)
Sorcery (C)
Choose one—
• Destroy target artifact or enchantment you don't control.
• Return target artifact or enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.
While there are people hired to keep Gideon's memorial in order, many planeswalkers still choose to personally tend to it once in a while.

Successful Hunt 3GG
(art: Garruk and Vivien sit eating around a fire, with large chunks of meat roasting above it. a very large animal lies dead nearby, bits of meat carved out. Vivien is very happy, while Garruk looks content)
Sorcery (R)
As an additional cost to cast this spell, sacrifice a creature.
You gain 5 life. You draw cards equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.
"It's good to have you back, Wildspeaker."

IIW: "CARDNAME deals 1 damage to you."
Periodic Cleaning is a good card, well designed, good rarity, the trouble is the name, since "periodic" makes me think of those suspend spells that come back after 3 turns. Other than that, solid card.
Successful hunt shows me a meetup I didn't know I wanted, though I don't think that they ever met before Garruk's curse. I don't even know if Viv was sparked before his curse, so the flavor text isn't perfect, but the atmosphere is wonderful.
dangerousdice wrote:
2 years ago
ever-blaze display
(art: chandra and rowan are channeling fire into a flaming display of power. will can be seen in the backround, with a nervous look on his face.)
instant -
display (this spell doesn't resolve. Phases and turns end, other spells and abilities resolve, and players may play cards as though this spell weren't on the stack.)
create a X/X elemental, were X is your devotion to red. it deals damage equal to it's power to any target
: ever-blaze display resolves.

iiw: jellyfish felonies
This feels like a rules nightmare, but I love the concept of it so much that I don't really care. A giant fire that just sits there until you're ready to kick it off. Make sure to keep a red up in case your opponent top decks a counterspell and decides to nip it in the bud (though in that case, I doubt you have much going on anyway, so it probably won't do anything.)
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Bake RG
(Art: We see Garruk and Rowan's faces. Garruk watches in amazement over Rowan's shoulder as she puts her firepower into something below, just out of view. Garruk is wearing a chef's hat.)
Instant (R)
Bake deals 3 damage to any target. Create two Food tokens.
Fuse (You may cast one or both halves of this card from your hand.)
//
Decorate GU
(Art: Will is helping Garruk decorate a cake with icing and he's grinning ear to ear. Rowan's in the back dusting off her hands, face a little dark with ash.)
Instant (R)
Sacrifice any number of Food tokens. Put that many +1/+1 counters on target creature.
Fuse (You may cast one or both halves of this card from your hand.)

IIW: Blaseball. Or, splorts. Or, sportball but surreal, with diegetic gods, umpires incinerating players, etc.
A good split card, though I do feel like 2 mana is way too cheap for 2 food tokens, especially with a bolt tacked on. Decorate does feel like appropriate power level, and I love the fandom consensus that Garruk is now just this angry forest uncle for Will and Rowan.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Quality Time
3w
[Art: Nicol Bolas in the prison realm forced to have a tea party with an embodiment of Ugin.]
Enchantment (R)
When Quality Time enters the battlefield, each player exiles a planeswalker they control until Quality Time leaves the battlefield.

Planar Brawl
2rr
[Art: Garruk has Jace in a headlock and is also throttling Sarkhan, who himself is chomping on Chandra's leg as she's perched on his shoulders setting fire to Garruk's head. She has blue sparks around her head, her eyes are a solid blue-white and there's an expression of existential dread on her face, implying Jace's influence. Angrath is piledriving Jiang Yanggu straight into the earth burying him up to the waist while Saheeli's on top of him trying her best to unscrew Angrath's head off. In the background Terferi can be seen facepalming.]
Sorcery (R)
Each planeswalker deals damage equal to their starting loyalty to another target planeswalker or player chosen at random.

Disastrous Date

[Art: Jace Beleren and Jiang Yanggu are both dressed up for their hot date, but...
They're in a Rakdos restaurant. Jiang looks horrified and digusted by the menu (and everything else), Jace is visibly uncomfortable as the waiter, a Rakdos ogre with goat heads impaled on his shoulder spikes, leers at him as he jots down their order.
]
Sorcery (R)
Exile target creature or planeswalker you control and target permanent you don't control that shares a permanent type, then return both to the battlefield under your control. At end of turn, each deals damage equal to its mana value to the other.

IIW: Creature type: Gargoyle Scarecrow
Quality Time is a good removal spell, if narrow, and usually people don't have more than one planeswalker. Maybe it should read "for each player, exile up to one target creature or planeswalker that player controls." If your opponent has multiple walkers, I think you were losing that game either way. As is, it'd be too easy for your opponent to toss you their 1 loyalty Narset while their 5 mana tef emblems.
Planar Brawl is amazing as an art concept, but I'm not so sure on the mechanical implementation. I like the idea, but if everyone has enough walkers for it to be somewhat relevant, someone is dying.
Now Disastrous Date is great, and I love the idea of Jace trying to just wipe everyone's memory of the date, himself included. Good to reuse etb effects on your own things, reset a loyalty, or just punch their tef as it's about to ult.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Ghost(fire)ing a Date 1UR
[a: Chandra running away from a dinner table with invisible flames lashing from her. An illusory copy sits where she should have been.]
Instant (U)
Return target creature to its owner's hand. It deals damage equal to its power to each creature blocking it or being blocked by it.
"Thanks for the save, Jace."

Get Some Help 2W
[a: Sorin (still in a rock) and Nahiri sit in chairs angrily yelling at each other. Ajani in a suit is trying to mediate.]
Sorcery (R)
Put two +1/+1 counters on each creature. They can't attack or block until the beginning of your next turn.
"There's a lot to unpack here." - Ajani, Wise Counselor

Jace Forgets to Pay the Bills Again 4UB
[a: Jace in a pleading stance in front of Professor Onyx's desk. Professor Onyx has a "not this %$#% again" look on her face.]
Sorcery (U)
For each creature target player controls, return it to its owner's hand unless that player returns a land they control to its owner's hand or sacrifices a Gold token.

Bake Off Of the Century 3BG
[a: Liliana and Garruk stare at each other from opposite sides of the card, each holding a tray of cookies. Will and Rowan look on worriedly as violent magic sparks around.]
Enchantment (M)
At the beginning of your upkeep, destroy target nonland permanent and create a Food token.
Liliana and Garruk stared each other down. All past emnities faded away. The only thing that mattered was baking the tastiest cookies in the Multiverse for the twins.

Anniversary Reunion 2UBRG
[a: Long shot of the five original Gatewatch standing in a line on a Theros plain, with newer members off to the side. A statue of Gideon further back fills in where he would have been.]
Enchantment (M)
When Anniversary Reunion enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a permanent card and a non-permanent card, reveal them and put them into your hand, then shuffle.
You may cast planeswaker spells without paying their mana costs.
"Gids is still dead, Jace is still a loser, I'm still on fire and Nissa's still not talking to me, but wow, Lili - you got a job?"

this was hilarious.

IIW: Very specific card names (like Didn't Say Please, First Day of Class or Jace Forgets to Pay the Bills Again)
Quite the array of cards here, so we're gonna rapid fire the judgements.
Ghostfiring a date: good combat trick to save your creature, or not good bounce.
Get some Help: interesting fog, hopefully set up for next next turn.
Forgot to pay the bills: both over and undercosted, weirdly.
bake off: exciting mythic, similar vein to doom foretold, so maybe include the non-token? Otherwise just keep hitting your own food.
Anniversary Reunion: Should be full wubrg. assuming that chandra is ribbing lili in flavor text.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Pick-Up Game 1R
[art: Niko and Jace square off on a makeshift basketball court. flanking each of them are their teams: for each, two humanoid/human-sized Planeswalkers of your choice (think Teyo,, Tibalt, or Tamiyo, but not Ajani or Ugin). Other Planeswalkers (here, anything goes) should be standing on the sidelines, watching. This would be a good opportunity to add some background humor: Maybe Garruk (who is MUCH taller than most Planeswalkers) is on the sideline with an annoyed look ("why didn't *I* get picked?"). For clothing, have some fun with creating more athletic or "sporty" versions of the characters' normal costumes (see style guide for reference). Please note that this is post-Ixalan Jace, who is more muscular now and confident in himself, but he's facing down trained athlete Niko, who feels assured that they have the upper hand.

Focus: Nico and Jace, both feeling confident and ready to square off.
Mood: "It's on"]
Instant {C}
Pick-Up Game deals 2 damage to any target. If you control a Planeswalker, it deals 3 damage instead.
"No magic, no weapons. Let's see what you've got."
—Niko Aris

IIW: storm
I love that you went whole hog with the art description, and now I'm wondering who Jace could pick to game the basketball game. Garruk? Angrath? Otherwise, good burn spell, maybe even could be just R at a higher rarity.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Ravnician Coffee Date 1WG
(art: Nissa, Jace, Chandra, and Ajani all sitting at a Parisian styled cafe all drinking coffee, espresso, and having perogis)
Sorcery
Whenever you support this turn, you may put a loyal counter on a planewalker instead.
Support 2

IIW: Daily Life in Ravinica Cards
Loyalty, loyalty counter. Otherwise, nice card, probably in a set like War of the Spark if it's gonna offer that kind of flexibility. Maybe it could be an enchantment?

Love all of the different scenes of hanging out, now for judgement:
HM: Everyone who didn't win, you're all amazing!
Winner: @lookingupanddown While it does feel awkward to award a green and white card when I said that I wanted non-green and non-white interactions, these were just the cleanest mechanically.
Next: "CARDNAME deals 1 damage to you."

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Tsundere Swordsmaster R
Creature - Human Warrior (R)
First strike
Whenever Tsundere Swordmaster becomes the target of a spell or ability you control, put a +1/+1 counter on it and Tsundere Swordmaster deals 1 damage to you.
"I don't n-need your help!"
1/1

IIW: Someone you want to see in Smash Bros

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Fistfight Tactician 2R
Creature — Goblin Advisor (U)
Haste
Whenever a creature deals damage to you, you may pay and discard a card. If you do, draw a card.
Whenever Fistfight Tactician attacks, it deals 1 damage to you.
Any good scrapper knows how to knock some sense into themself.
2/2

IIW: Blaseball and other splorts

chetoos

Hungry Baloth 2GG
Creature - Beast (R)
Vigilance, Trample
When Hungry Baloth enters the battlefield or attacks, it deals 1 damage to you
"Bite the hand that feeds you? It bites every hand."
6/6

IIW: Planes are merging! Either Ravnica+Theros, or Amonkhet+Innistrad.

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

Multifaceted Command 1UR
Instant {M}
As you cast Multifaceted Command, each other player chooses a mode that hasn't been chosen, if able. Then each player who chose a mode copies Multifaceted Command, but with their chosen mode:
- Draw two cards, then discard two cards.
- Exile the top three cards of your library. You may cast those cards until end of turn.
- Return a sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.
- Multifaceted Command deals 1 damage to you.

IIW: then create a Shard token

(Pretend the wording on this works; note that you get first choice of mode and then everybody else chooses from what's left. i assume this happens in turn order.)
MEG

lookingupanddown

Judging in a few hours. Get those last entries in.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Juzám Imp
b
Creature - Imp (R)
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, Juzám Imp deals 1 damage to you.
2/1

Art references that of Juzám Djinn: A human is desperately trying to pull away a tiny ferocious imp that's viciously trying to rip off his nose.

IIW: Hybrid one-drop
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

lookingupanddown

Ow
Show
Hide
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Tsundere Swordsmaster R
Creature - Human Warrior (R)
First strike
Whenever Tsundere Swordmaster becomes the target of a spell or ability you control, put a +1/+1 counter on it and Tsundere Swordmaster deals 1 damage to you.
"I don't n-need your help!"
1/1
The ability reads like a weird Heroic variant, and I'm not too sure if the counter alone is worth the damage. That being said, this will be a reliable aggro beater from Limited to Commander.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Fistfight Tactician 2R
Creature — Goblin Advisor (U)
Haste
Whenever a creature deals damage to you, you may pay and discard a card. If you do, draw a card.
Whenever Fistfight Tactician attacks, it deals 1 damage to you.
Any good scrapper knows how to knock some sense into themself.
2/2
Rummaging is always nice to see in Limited, and this is one of the more direct repeatable ways to get there. Even with the mana gate this will be an easy first-pick. The flavor's great too.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Hungry Baloth 2GG
Creature - Beast (R)
Vigilance, Trample
When Hungry Baloth enters the battlefield or attacks, it deals 1 damage to you
"Bite the hand that feeds you? It bites every hand."
6/6
Every 4-mana 6/6 has some wild drawback, with various ways to get around them. The easiest comparison here is Grinning Demon, but this is way above that one's power level. This feels way too strong even for current standards (hehe Standard).
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Multifaceted Command 1UR
Instant {M}
As you cast Multifaceted Command, each other player chooses a mode that hasn't been chosen, if able. Then each player who chose a mode copies Multifaceted Command, but with their chosen mode:
- Draw two cards, then discard two cards.
- Exile the top three cards of your library. You may cast those cards until end of turn.
- Return a sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.
- Multifaceted Command deals 1 damage to you.
This can work, but it doesn't have to be a cast trigger. It would copy the council's dilemma and Confluence cycle templates, and look something like this:
Fixed Multifacted Command
Show
Hide
Multifaceted Command 1UR
Instant {M}
Starting with you, each player chooses one that hasn't been chosen. Each player that chose a mode this way casts a copy of Multifaceted Command choosing that mode.
• Draw two cards, then discard two cards.
• Exile the top three cards of your library. You may cast those cards until end of turn.
• Return a sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.
• Multifaceted Command deals 1 damage to you.
This would bring a lot of goodwill in multiplayer to all but 1 person, especially in Commander. I really like this design space, so much that I'd bump it down to rare just so it can be part of a cycle.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Juzám Imp
b
Creature - Imp (R)
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, Juzám Imp deals 1 damage to you.
2/1
It reminded me of all those self-reanimating one-drops black used to get. The damage effect doesn't offset the evasion all that well, but the lack of reanimator could, in theory. I'd play it.
Congratulations on winning with only 1 life left
Show
Hide
HM: spacemonaut for Fistfight Tactician
Winner: @Megiddo for Multifaceted Command

Next: then create a Shard token

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Break Strength W
Instant (U)
Destroy target aura enchanting an attacking or blocking creature. Create a Shard token. (It's an enchantment with ", Sacrifice this enchantment: Scry 1, then draw a card.")

Shards seem hard to design for.

Megiddo
MEG

shards are.... kind of just clues. so a lot has been done with it already.

if you are stuck, maybe make a LEGENDARY CREATURE - DRAGON GOD instead.
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Zone Defense 4U
Instant (U)
Tap one, two, or three target creatures, then create X Shard tokens, where X is 4 minus the total power of those creatures.
Niko against a whole team is almost unfair odds.

IIW: LEGENDARY ENCHANTMENT - AURA CURSE
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post by avatarz » 2 years ago

Mogg Glassblower 1B
Creature — Goblin (U)
When ~ enters the battlefield, sacrifice a creature, then create a Shard token.
Goblin fine art is known for its intermateriality. It's not rare to find in a piece of furniture remnants of fabric, rocks, bones, maybe jewels or, why not, a rotting arm.
3/3

IIW: Boobe 4

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Recycling Station 2
Artifact (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice an artifact unless you discard card, then create a Shard token.
Sacrifice three Shards: Return target artifact from your graveyard to your hand.

IIW: Very specific card names (like Didn't Say Please, First Day of Class or Jace Forgets to Pay the Bills Again)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
they are clues but without functioning flavor to work with

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur

Post by vishamon » 2 years ago

Personality Fragmentation
Sorcery (U)
Exile target creature or planeswalker. Its controller creates a Shard token.
If the exiled permanent had a mana value 4 or greater, its controller creates two Shard tokens instead.

IIW: a card or cycle that showcases your favorite non-evergreen keyword.
Last edited by vishamon 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

dangerousdice

Post by dangerousdice » 2 years ago

Stonrak, bringer of judgement
LEGENDARY CREATURE - DRAGON GOD
flying, menace, haste, vigilance
when Stonrak, bringer of judgement attacks, each opponent creates 2 debris tokens. (they have no abilities.)
Greed — As long as an opponent controls more nonland permanents than you, other creatures you control get +4/+4 and have menace.
9/9

iiw: hobo magic (manaless magic)
Last edited by dangerousdice 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG

spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
It's true. You can sort of craft your own flavor around it, which I think was my hope here, but it's not as immediately resonant as clues.

Anyway, I'll judge later today! Get your shards or gods in now.

@dangerousdice the shards from Niko Aris. Though with open flavor.
MEG

dangerousdice

Post by dangerousdice » 2 years ago

Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
It's true. You can sort of craft your own flavor around it, which I think was my hope here, but it's not as immediately resonant as clues.

Anyway, I'll judge later today! Get your shards or gods in now.

@dangerousdice the shards from Niko Aris. Though with open flavor.
oh.

lemme rework my entry.

KoolKoal
For Posterity

Post by KoolKoal » 2 years ago

Ashnirox, Cruel Deity of the Ultimatum uubbbrrrr
Legendary Creature - Dragon God (M)
Flying, first strike, menace
When Ashnirox, Cruel Deity of the Ultimatum enters the battlefield, target opponent sacrifices a creature, discards three cards, then loses 5 life. You return a creature card from your graveyard to your hand, draw three cards, then gain 5 life.
9/9

IIW: 2 or more DFC cards that share an exact same back face

Megiddo
MEG

spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Break Strength W
Instant (U)
Destroy target aura enchanting an attacking or blocking creature. Create a Shard token. (It's an enchantment with ", Sacrifice this enchantment: Scry 1, then draw a card.")

Shards seem hard to design for.

I agree with you on Shards. Making something that's interesting and/or compelling is not super easy. Shards are Clues but without flavor that's quite as resonant. They also add "scry 1," which makes balancing them relatively more difficult. There is one other key difference, of course: They are enchantments, not artifacts. All in all, I think there are some footholds for design but it's not the most exciting challenge.

The reason this was my challenge is that "we" have made a bunch of cards using Shards lately, and I was curious to see what the broader world would do with them. Let me give two examples of the spaces I had been playing into:
CARDNAME 1GG
Creature — Centaur Druid
Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, create a Shard token. (reminder text.)
You may look at an additional card each time you scry.
3/3
Obviously this one is a riff on Tireless Tracker, but with a fun bonus from Enhanced Surveillance thrown in as well. This one plays with the scry rather than rip off the +1/+1 counter part of Tracker.

CARDNAME 2b
Creature — Human Warlock
When ~ enters the battlefield, create a Shard token. (reminder text.)
Sacrifice three enchantments: Return target enchantment card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Activate only as a sorcery.
2/2
This one is less directly referencing an existing card (Dread Return sends its regards, as does Recurring Nightmare) but is trying to work with the card type of Shards. Up front value with the shard you make? Or big value with the other ability (which it helps you get to).

One note on both of these cards is that they do not play into the flavor of Shards one bit.

So that's my mindspace heading into this one. On to your card, this one is pretty narrow. Destroying an enchantment to make a shard works well from a flavor perspective, but I don't expect this one to have many applications in a normal game. Can I envision a world where Auras are more of a thing? Maybe. But even so, the attacking or blocking restriction makes it feel like this card may sit in my hand for an entire game with no time to cast it. I would like to note (without passing a value judgement) that this cannot be used to knock of Pacifism effects.
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Zone Defense 4U
Instant (U)
Tap one, two, or three target creatures, then create X Shard tokens, where X is 4 minus the total power of those creatures.
Niko against a whole team is almost unfair odds.

IIW: LEGENDARY ENCHANTMENT - AURA CURSE
First, this is the kind of IIW we need around here. Save us from ourselves; also, boredom.
This feels like a cute callback to my "Pickup Game" card from the previous round; even if not, I'm very down with the flavor here. This card is very flexible. You can easily engineer a game state where you are creating three or four Shards, which is a lot of card draw and selection. You can lock down your opponent's entire board if needed. Of course, there are many options in between. I suppose my issue with the card is that tapping down three 0-power blockers → I get four shards, while tapping down one 4-power creature → I get zero shards. I don't want to suggest simply keying off of the number of creatures tapped, though maybe that's the clean thing to do.
2 years ago
Mogg Glassblower 1B
Creature — Goblin (U)
When ~ enters the battlefield, sacrifice a creature, then create a Shard token.
Goblin fine art is known for its intermateriality. It's not rare to find in a piece of furniture remnants of fabric, rocks, bones, maybe jewels or, why not, a rotting arm.
3/3

IIW: Boobe 4
This would be an example of very NOT cute flavor. This is also an example where the Shard flavor maybe goes a bit off of the rails, as i find it less believable that a rotting arm has been turned into a Shard enchantment. I'd play this card though; I think it's quite good as a way to upgrade a creature that has been locked down (pacifism, anyone?) or otherwise outclassed into a 3/3 + a card. Cool.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Recycling Station 2
Artifact (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice an artifact unless you discard card, then create a Shard token.
Sacrifice three Shards: Return target artifact from your graveyard to your hand.

This feels like a fiddly one. It's weird because Shards are, in fact, NOT artifacts. But, of course, the immediate question this raises is, "how can I create MORE shards so I can abuse this card?" I think that's a good thing for a design like this.
vishamon wrote:
2 years ago
Personality Fragmentation
Sorcery (U)
Exile target creature or planeswalker. Its controller creates a Shard token.
If the exiled permanent had a mana value 4 or greater, its controller creates two Shard tokens instead.

Bring back good white removal.
Continue printing white removal with CMC limitations.

I'm into it.
dangerousdice wrote:
2 years ago
Stonrak, bringer of judgement
LEGENDARY CREATURE - DRAGON GOD
flying, menace, haste, vigilance
when Stonrak, bringer of judgement attacks, each opponent creates 2 debris tokens. (they have no abilities.)
Greed — As long as an opponent controls more nonland permanents than you, other creatures you control get +4/+4 and have menace.
9/9

iiw: hobo magic (manaless magic)
Here we go. Dragon Gods.
This is kind of great actually. Keyword soup but we'll allow it. I think you will need to define what a Debris token is ("they're Artifact tokens with no abilities" for example), but that's a minor point. Greed gets my wheels turning as a potential multiplayer mechanic. Think about Dethrone for example. This could play into a similar space to reward attacking players who have a bigger board in multiplayer games. Of course, Stonrak here tips the scales a little bit.
KoolKoal wrote:
2 years ago
Ashnirox, Cruel Deity of the Ultimatum uubbbrrrr
Legendary Creature - Dragon God (M)
Flying, first strike, menace
When Ashnirox, Cruel Deity of the Ultimatum enters the battlefield, target opponent sacrifices a creature, discards three cards, then loses 5 life. You return a creature card from your graveyard to your hand, draw three cards, then gain 5 life.
9/9

IIW: 2 or more DFC cards that share an exact same back face
You're just trying to make me sad with this mana cost, right?
... and this card design?
The craziest part about this card is that it can loop if you have multiple copies. And because it's legendary you don't even have to do any work for that! You can simply cast a second one, let one die, and then get that one back immediately. I laughed, but your opponent won't.

Winner: Void_Nothing
Next: LEGENDARY ENCHANTMENT - AURA CURSE
MEG

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur

Post by vishamon » 2 years ago

Hedron Binding, Ugin's Curse
Legendary Enchantment - Aura Curse (M)
Enchant Player
Whenever enchanted player casts a spell that's one or more colors, Hedron Binding, Ugin's Curse deals 1 damage to that player.
Colorless spells that target enchanted player or a permanent that player controls cost less to cast.

Megiddo
MEG

Kaervek's Curse 4BR
Legendary Enchantment - Aura Curse {R}
Enchant player
Whenever another source deals damage to enchanted player, Kaervek's Curse deals that much damage to each creature and planeswalker that player controls.

IIW: Future Sight
MEG

stille_nacht

Post by stille_nacht » 2 years ago

Solipsism 4UB
Legendary Enchantment - Aura Curse {M}
Enchant player
All permanents enchanted player controls are illusions in addition to their other types and gain "Whenever this permanent becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."

Each step was logical, yet the path led to madness.

IIW: Fantasy Post-Apocalypse
Last edited by stille_nacht 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”