NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

NinjaCaterpie
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
cleave is really confusing to read because we always expect that the additional cost ADDS the fun additional text.

it's interesting to see several of these designs also fell into that trap.
This is probably why Wizards limited it to cleaving downsides rather than making it kicker.

Juancu
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Weatherlight Sparked 3UW
Legendary Planeswalker Artifact - Vehicle
(To pay a { X > cost, distribute X +1/+1 counters. To pay a < X } cost, crew X.)
{ 1 > Create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token.
< 2 } Gain 2 life.
< 5 } Draw 2 cards.
4/5

Rules: for a Spelljammer-like setting, these vehicles have planeswalker abilities (only one use per turn and only as a sorcery.) But they work in another axis, one that gains or spends team power.

To the right > Add +1/+1 counters to creatures and vehicles (may be itself.)
To the left < Use power from creatures (crew.) Like any vehicle, crewing this way also turns it into a creature for the turn (without haste,)
Planeswalker vehicles can be attacked, but instead of loyalty, remove +1/+1 counters. If the leftover damage is higher than the base toughness, they die.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Cards
Show
Hide
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Tibalt, Chaos Drafter 1RR
Legendary Planeswalker - Tibalt
Draft Tibalt, Chaos Drafter faceup.
As you draft a card, you may remove it from the draft face up.
Tibalt, Chaos Drafter's starting loyalty is equal to the amount of cards removed from the draft by cards named Tibalt, Chaos Drafter.
+2: Create a 1/1 red Devil creature tokens with "When this creature dies, it deals 1 damage to any target."
-1: Draft a card from among the cards removed by cards named Tibalt, Chaos Drafter. Until end of turn, you may cast that card.
-4: Discard your hand and draw cards equal to the number of cards removed by cards named Tibalt, Chaos Drafter.
Starting Loyalty: X

IIW: Draft Matters Cards
I like the use of draft-mattering. Any draft is going to come with some off-color chaff you don't need, and you can just feed it to Tibalt as you go. But the -1 suggests you play it more as a Tibalt-board with cards you might actually have wanted in your deck. So there's a bit of tension there.

But the thing I don't like is the +2. That's too big a plus for a powerful token-making ability. Tibalt, Rakish Instigator and Zariel, Archduke of Avernus both have a more conservative rate, and the fact that those both already make devils makes me not want this one to.

Nonetheless, the concept is definitely neat.

NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Soulcraft Mowu GG
Legendary Artifact - Mowu Vehicle (M)
+3 Put a +1/+1 counter on Mowu and each creature you control. Those creatures gain trample until end of turn.
0 Soulcraft Mowu becomes a 5/5 with Crew 1 until end of turn (It's no longer a planeswalker)
-6 Put an indestructible counter on each permanent you control with a counter on it.
Planecrew 1 (Remove 1 loyalty counter from among planeswalkers you control: This Vehicle becomes an artifact planeswalker until end of turn. Those planeswalkers can't activate their abilities this turn.)

IIW: A card from the next Modern Horizons, Modern Horizons: What If...?, where Wizards explores alternative timelines like "What if Ugin beat Bolas?" or "What if Liliana became cursed instead of Josu?"
What is the flavor here? Did Mowu become a planeswalking space-motorcycle? Or did they name their planeship Mowu? Ultimately, this has the problem of all vehicles, only much more pronounced because it requires a planeswalker instead of a creature. That makes this dead a lot of the time.

This is made to serve a superfriends deck that can planecrew it, but the abilities aren't really geared towards that, and seem more geared towards a creature-focused strategy that wouldn't have the planeswalkers to support it.

Points for weird. That's a weird card.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Memnarch, Ascendant 4UU
Legendary Artifact Creature - Wizard
Memnarch, Ascendant has all loyalty abilities of all planeswalkers you control.
Whenever a planeswalker enters the battlefield under your control, put a loyalty counter on Memnarch.
1 - Scry 1
"With these new powers, I will spread Mirrodin's glory to the multiverse."
4/6
That's pretty cool. It's not technically a planeswalker, but I won't disqualify it. It's 6 mana, so anything broken you're able to do with it is fair game. If anything, it's a bit underpowered, since it's very open to any non-burn removal, and wants to stick around for a while to generate value. One loyalty counter a turn from scrying isn't enough to do the cool things you want to do with this, and there aren't a lot of planeswalkers who can give it big plus abilities to jumpstart it.

I really like it. But it isn't actually a planeswalker.
Legend wrote:
2 years ago
Oko, Shiftshaper (Rare)
XGU
Legendary Planeswalker - Oko
[X]
You may have Oko, Shiftshaper enter the battlefield as a copy of any planeswalker on the battlefield except he's Oko, he's green and blue, and he enters the battlefield with X loyalty counters on him.

IIW: a blue planeswalker that can become a creature
It's less weird than most of the entries, but dammit if it isn't a really clean, simple, elegant card. The fact that your copy of Karn, Liberated only has the one loyalty counter at three mana keeps this very much in check. It's a bit unusable in most decks, since it's totally dead without a walker on the board. But in the superfriends deck that wants it, it's a powerhouse.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago

Astray in the Marsh UB
Instant (M)
Choose one —
• Counter target instant or sorcery spell.
• Target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn.
Then, if there are seven or more cards in that spell's or creature's controller's graveyard, exile Astray in the Marsh, then put it onto the battlefield transformed.
Flashback 3UB
//
Guardian of Westmarsh
() Legendary Planeswalker
[-2]: Put a -1/-1 counter on each creature.
[-3]: Exile target instant or sorcery card from a graveyard. For as long as it remains exiled, you may cast it, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast it.
[5]

IIW: A kitsune retirement party
I can't help but read "astray" as "ashtray".

This answers the age old question: what if Drown in the Loch was a flipwalker? I think the design here is pretty intricate and tight. The only thing I'm unsure about is flashback (I don't like the exile clause that's part of flashback, since you're trying to flip it instead). It's a big part of the card's function, but honestly I versatile answer spell that sometimes becomes a cheap planeswalker is actually good enough without flashback, and doesn't necessarily need additional features.

The planeswalker abilities are quite conservative, and I think that's wise, considering this costs as little as two mana.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Thesk, the Tormented 2BB
Planeswalker - Thesk
Your opponents may activate an ability from Thesk once on each of their turns.
+1: Draw a card and lose 2 life. Thesk's owner gains 1 life.
-1: Thresk's owner and up to one other target player create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.
-6: Draw a card and lose 3 life. Thesk's owner draws three cards and loses 1 life.

IIW: surprise mechanics
Fun design. It's odd to me that the group-hug planeswalker is black, but the flavor comes through as taking deals from a demon that you really shouldn't. This exists for multi-player, and if your opponents keep activating it, it generates a lot of value. But it generates value for the opponents too. The +1 especially favors the opponent, but it puts counters on your guy.
vishamon wrote:
2 years ago
The Adventurer
Instant (M)
Create a colorless legendary planeswalker token with "You have hexproof." and "[-1]: Learn." It enters the battefield with 5 loyalty counters on it.

IIW: Doing things the hard way.
Planeswalker token generation. I like the angle. But you clearly ran into the main problem straight ahead: it takes a lot of text to make a planeswalker. You solved that with a one word ability.

Tying this to the learn mechanic makes it exactly as good as the lessons that exist. 5 loyalty means you can activate the ability over and over again if The Adventurer survives. I didn't get to play a lot of Strixhaven, but from what little I played, the learn mechanic was really fun and powerful. This is costed pretty well to the ability at four mana.

I like that this is an instant, but I wish there were more to be done with that. Being able to activate a loyalty ability the turn a planeswalker comes out means it's basically always the right choice to cast it on your turn. You can't even flash it in to absorb damage, since they decide where attacks go.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Jace, Who Sees Beyond 2UU
Legendary Planeswalker - Jace {M}
As an additional cost to activate Jace, Who Sees Beyond's loyalty abilities, exile the top card of your library face down. You may look at cards exiled this way.
[+1]: Draw a card. You may put a card exiled with Jace on top of its owner's library.
[-2]: Manifest a card exiled with Jace.
[-7]: Manifest any number of cards exiled with Jace. Put the rest into your hand.
{3}

IIW: repeat this process
This is not as adventurous a design as several of the cards here, but on the flipside, it's a lot more plausible. The closest existing planeswalker is probably Kasmina, Enigmatic Mentor at 4 mana with -2 to make a 2/2 with an unusual card draw benefit. Considering that comparison, this is pretty conservatively designed, and probably wouldn't make a lot of waves anywhere. But it's well balanced.

Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
alimaC, Backwards in Time 4UU
Legendary Planeswalker - alimaC
You may activate loyalty abilities of alimaC taking her loyalty to a negative value once, then her condition to die becomes having 0 or more loyalty.
-6: Gain control of target creature with converted mana cost 4 or less.
+1: You may tap or untap target permanent.
+2: Draw a card.

Jiang Yanggu, Nexus of Strength 2GG
Legendary Planeswalker - Yanguu
You may remove counters from among creatures you control in place of removing loyalty counters from Yanggu.
+1: Put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control.
-2: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
-5: Draw cards equal to the highest power among creatures you control.
alimaC gets the award for my favorite innovative design from this challenge. At first, I thought the -6 was far to big a minus, considering this doesn't die at negative loyalties. But then I realized that you can't use the -6 while alimaC is at negative loyalty. At that point, she just has the pluses, and they get her killed. The most hilarious thing would be shooting her with your own burn spells to keep her around. This is a super fun card from a theoretical perspective, but in play, I think it may be pretty linear.

Jiang is a cool design, but actually isn't all that crazy. He's pretty conservatively built, and I could see Wizards printing a card very much like that.

Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Saltarus the Petulant 1BB
Legendary Planeswalker - Saltarus {M}
[+1]: Each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
[-2]: Each player sacrifices a creature. Each player who didn't sacrifice a creature this way discards a card.
[0]: You lose the game. Bank Saltarus. (Exile Saltarus until the end of the match. You may cast it from exile during another game this match. It still counts toward your deck minimum.)
{3}

IIW: Telepathy
Salty Pete. You would swear you were reading a 1BB Liliana until the last ability where she gets salty. Honestly this is a pretty powerful card, and the 0 ability is better than it looks. In a totally lost game, you can use it for a big advantage in the next game. Three mana means you can get this out early on the next turn. The main downside is you can't use the ability unless you have another game in the match. Or.... if you wanna win the game you're currently playing.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Weatherlight Sparked 3UW
Legendary Planeswalker Artifact - Vehicle
(To pay a { X > cost, distribute X +1/+1 counters. To pay a < X } cost, crew X.)
{ 1 > Create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token.
< 2 } Gain 2 life.
< 5 } Draw 2 cards.
4/5

Rules: for a Spelljammer-like setting, these vehicles have planeswalker abilities (only one use per turn and only as a sorcery.) But they work in another axis, one that gains or spends team power.

To the right > Add +1/+1 counters to creatures and vehicles (may be itself.)
To the left < Use power from creatures (crew.) Like any vehicle, crewing this way also turns it into a creature for the turn (without haste,)
Planeswalker vehicles can be attacked, but instead of loyalty, remove +1/+1 counters. If the leftover damage is higher than the base toughness, they die.
That's an odd mash-up of rules, and I'm not sure about animating on the minuses. Nonetheless, it does work, and the abilities compliment each other very well. I have no idea what it would feel like to play with cards like these, and I can't imagine there ever being more than a few of them. Maybe a cycle.
My own submission
Show
Hide
Wrenn Alone
Legendary Land Planeswalker- Wrenn (M)
{+1}: Add C.
{-2}: Add one mana of any color. Gain 1 life.
{-4}: Until end of turn, you may play land cards from your graveyard.
{1}
Cogitation on victory
Show
Hide
There are a lot of submissions here, and a lot of them are really cool. So I will use a scoring method to be fair. You get up to two points for each: good balance (), looks fun to play (), would have legitimate uses in some format (), and is innovative (). Plus a bonus point if I just really like the card. Maximum score of 9. Ties will be decided on flavor. If you didn't get a very high score, don't feel bad. Looking at my Wrenn design, I don't think it would have scored all that highly either.

Ulka (Tibalt):
Ninja Caterpie (Mowu):
Chetoos (Memnarch): (Great score, but a -2 penalty for not being a planeswalker)
Legend (Oko):
Cythare (Guardian of Westmarsh)
Juan Cu (Thesk):
Vishamon (The Adventurer):
Megiddo (Jace):

The winner then is
Legend
Next: A blue planeswalker that can become a creature

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 2 years ago

Please refer to me from now on by my new username, , pronounced "The Artist Formerly Known As Legend".
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

I'm late but this took an hour so I'm posting it anyway

The Amnesiac 2GU
Legendary Planeswalker - Dack {M}
[+2]: Scry 2. I remember a spell at random. Then, if I've already remembered every spell I knew, draw a card.
[-3]: Choose a spell I know. Copy that spell. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.
[-7]: You get an emblem with "Whenever you activate the ability of a Planeswalker, copy that ability. You may choose new targets for the copy."
{4}
IIW: too late
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Ixilar, Reality Dreamer 1UU
Legendary Planeswalker — Ixilar (M)
Megamorph 2UU
[+1]: Create a 1/1 blue Illusion creature token.
[0]: Turn Ixilar, Reality Dreamer face down.
[-2]: You get an emblem with "Illusions and face-down creatures you control get +1/+1."

IIW: A kitsune police officer's retirement party

EDIT: Regarding Astray in the Marsh - the card self exiles and then returns itself to the battlefield transformed so that it's compatible with flashback (which will see the card exile itself and stop caring about additional zone changes). That's part of why the back side is pretty conservatively costed - you're going to be able to grind out a lot of value out of it over the course of a game unless an opponent manages to exile it while it's on the battlefield or in the graveyard. It still may be too much recursive value.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Juancu

Ayori, Storm Crew 3UW
Legendary Planeswalker - Ayori (M)
When Ayori enters the battlefield, if she's nontoken, sacrifice her and create 4 token copies of Ayori.
+1: Ayori becomes a 1/2 Bird creature with Flying until end of turn.
-1 : If this is the first planeswalker ability you activate this turn, create a token copy of Ayori.
-3: Create a token copy of Ayori.
[ 1 ]

Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Azor, Guild Parun 3wu
Legendary Planeswalker- azor
If activating a loyalty ability reduces Azor's loyalty to 0, transform it instead of putting it in your graveyard.
+1 - Until your next turn, creatures can't attack unless their controller pays 1 for each attacking creature.
-3 - Scry 2, then draw a card. Detain target creature.
-7 - conjure a card named "the immortal sun" onto the battlefield. Exile this planeswalker, and return it to the battlefield transformed.
//
Azor, Parun in exile (Color indicator )
Legendary Creature - Sphinx Wizard
Ward - 3
Flying, Vigilance
Whenever Azor attacks or blocks, target creature gets -1/-0 until end of turn.
Whenever Azor deals combat damage to a player, seek an instant or sorcery card.
3/5

IIW: Draft a card from this card's spellbook.
Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

B.O.B. (Bounty of Beebles) 2UU
Legendary Planeswalker - B.O.B. {M}
As B.O.B. enters the battlefield, create four 1/1 blue Beeble creature tokens.
The number of loyalty counters on B.O.B. is equal to the number of Beebles you control. (Create or sacrifice Beebles whenever B.O.B. gains or loses loyalty.)
[+1]: Until end of turn, B.O.B becomes a creature with hexproof and "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Beebles you control."
[-1]: Draw a card.
{*}

IIW: Inside the Court
MEG

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 2 years ago

Jace Incognito 2UU
Legendary Planeswalker - Jace (M)
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, you may have Jace Incognito become a 2/2 Human Wizard creature with hexproof until end of turn. If you do, each player mills a card.
+1: Scry 2, then draw a card.
-3: Create a 1/1 blue Illusion creature token with "UU, : Mill a card, then change a target of target spell or ability to this creature."
-9: Create an emblem with "At the beginning of each player's upkeep, each opponent mills a card for each card in your graveyard."

IIW: a moment of desperation

Mergatroid_Jones

(Dude from Curse of Opulence. Does he have a canonical name?)

Bradley, the Cursed Hipster RUW
Legendary Planeswalker- Bradley (M)
Spells that target Bradley cost 3 less to cast. Creatures attacking Bradley have +1/+0 and trample.
{+3}: Until your next turn, Bradley becomes a 1/X creature with hexproof, where X is the number of loyalty counters on him.
{-6}: Draw a card, create a treasure token, gain 3 life.
{-15}: You get an emblem with "Whenever you draw a card, create a treasure token and gain 3 life." Draw 3 cards.
{9}

IIW: A cycle of 5 lands.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
His canonical designation is "The Unluckiest One/'Walker"
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Legend
Aethernaut

Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Ixilar, Reality Dreamer 1UU
Legendary Planeswalker — Ixilar (M)
Megamorph 2UU
[+1]: Create a 1/1 blue Illusion creature token.
[0]: Turn Ixilar, Reality Dreamer face down.
[-2]: You get an emblem with "Illusions and face-down creatures you control get +1/+1."
Funky. I'd really like to play this for that reason alone. Seems strong, too. Very strong. It survives its "ultimate", which means it can effectively be pumping out 2/2's as early as turn four. AND it pumps itself when "morphed". Works with morph.dec and/or Illusion tribal. And the name is perfect. Super cool overeall.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Ayori, Storm Crew 3UW
Legendary Planeswalker - Ayori (M)
When Ayori enters the battlefield, if she's nontoken, sacrifice her and create 4 token copies of Ayori.
+1: Ayori becomes a 1/2 Bird creature with Flying until end of turn.
-1 : If this is the first planeswalker ability you activate this turn, create a token copy of Ayori.
-3: Create a token copy of Ayori.
[ 1 ]
This is wild. There's some technical issues, I think. Like it's legendary so all but one of the tokens would cease to exist due to the legendary rule. That is assuming the wording even works. By which I mean, shouldn't the rules text state the card name instead of just its subtype? I'll assume you were using shorthand for the sake of time and that it works as intended. I'd rather she exile herself instead of sacrificing if for no other reason she could be used as a proxy token on the table especially in draft where "rare" tokens are often nonexistent, nevermind four of them. And yes, there's fill-in-the-blank cards now, but there's too much wording for that. Anyways issues and nitpicks aside, it's very original and looks like it'd be alot of fun to play. I'm tempted to print one out and playtest it. If I had the time, I'd do just that before deciding a winner.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Azor, Guild Parun 3wu
Legendary Planeswalker- azor
If activating a loyalty ability reduces Azor's loyalty to 0, transform it instead of putting it in your graveyard.
+1 - Until your next turn, creatures can't attack unless their controller pays 1 for each attacking creature.
-3 - Scry 2, then draw a card. Detain target creature.
-7 - conjure a card named "the immortal sun" onto the battlefield. Exile this planeswalker, and return it to the battlefield transformed.
//
Azor, Parun in exile (Color indicator )
Legendary Creature - Sphinx Wizard
Ward - 3
Flying, Vigilance
Whenever Azor attacks or blocks, target creature gets -1/-0 until end of turn.
Whenever Azor deals combat damage to a player, seek an instant or sorcery card.
3/5
Great flavor! The second ability should, in my opinion, target "up to one" creature. On the creature side, the first triggered ability seems tacked on.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
B.O.B. (Bounty of Beebles) 2UU
Legendary Planeswalker - B.O.B. {M}
As B.O.B. enters the battlefield, create four 1/1 blue Beeble creature tokens.
The number of loyalty counters on B.O.B. is equal to the number of Beebles you control. (Create or sacrifice Beebles whenever B.O.B. gains or loses loyalty.)
[+1]: Until end of turn, B.O.B becomes a creature with hexproof and "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Beebles you control."
[-1]: Draw a card.
{*}
Wow, this is amazing. Honestly, if you'd have given it a serious name, I'd have never thought twice about it. I'm a fan of Beebles, btw.
lookingupanddown wrote:
2 years ago
Jace Incognito 2UU
Legendary Planeswalker - Jace (M)
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, you may have Jace Incognito become a 2/2 Human Wizard creature with hexproof until end of turn. If you do, each player mills a card.
+1: Scry 2, then draw a card.
-3: Create a 1/1 blue Illusion creature token with "UU, : Mill a card, then change a target of target spell or ability to this creature."
-9: Create an emblem with "At the beginning of each player's upkeep, each opponent mills a card for each card in your graveyard."
Neato! He's can't be attacked or targeted because he's "incognito". Very cool. The token, while flavorful, seems unrealistic to me. It's very busy and kind of weird, like something from Homelands. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about some Homelands jank, but I've got to find something to nitpick about. Everything else is legit. Oh wait, I just realized, that +1 would be perfect if it were Surveil instead of Scry.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago

Bradley, the Cursed Hipster RUW
Legendary Planeswalker- Bradley (M)
Spells that target Bradley cost 3 less to cast. Creatures attacking Bradley have +1/+0 and trample.
{+3}: Until your next turn, Bradley becomes a 1/X creature with hexproof, where X is the number of loyalty counters on him.
{-6}: Draw a card, create a treasure token, gain 3 life.
{-15}: You get an emblem with "Whenever you draw a card, create a treasure token and gain 3 life." Draw 3 cards.
{9}
Hilarious flavor. Actually decent mechanically. Odd like the rest of this batch, but decent. I wish Bradley could be a commander. Either way, I'd be happy to play him.

So, I have a hard time judging planeswalkers in general, nevermind when they're all so novel. Not sure what I was thinking when I chose walkers for an IIW. It really was a tough choice but there can be only one:

Megiddo

NEXT: inside the court

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

Mergatroid_Jones

Corruption at Court 2U
Enchantment (R)
When Corruption at Court enters the battlefield, target player becomes the monarch.
When a player becomes the monarch, each of that player's opponents creates a 1/1 black Advisor creature token with dethrone.
6U: Counter target spell cast by the monarch.

IIW: A one word card name

Juancu

Habeas Corpus 2B
Sorcery (U)
Call to order (each player names the next spell they'll cast this turn.)
Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
Writ 1B (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its writ cost if you named it for a call this turn. Then exile it.)

Rules: Players don't have to cast the cards they name, but they can't cast a spell this turn until they do.
Flavor: Court procedure must be followed, no surprises allowed. Until after the judge gets bored of course.
Writ is a parasitic flashback only for sorceries (you wouldn't want to enable your opponent's writs with call to orders.) It's only justified due to flavor, and maybe interesting gameplay?

Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Habeas Corpus 2B
Sorcery (U)
Call to order (each player names the next spell they'll cast this turn.)
Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
Writ 1B (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its writ cost if you named it for a call this turn. Then exile it.)
Frankie Peanuts lives
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

@Legend I'm sure you know already but I have to fess up that I mostly stole the card from the existing B.O.B. (Bevy of Beebles). Not sure if that changes anything for you; it was a largely non-serious entry.
MEG

Juancu

Incompetent Witness 2BB
Instant (U)
Objection! (The first opponent to object chooses X, then mills X. If the mana value milled beats this spell, overrule it.)
Destroy target creature or planeswalker. Draw a card. Then if this spell was overruled, discard a card.

In the courtrooms of Beslegi, spells are allowed to get to the truth... as long as they follow the correct protocols. Ruthless lawyers face the witnesses and each other, in a sort of "justice by combat" system that's highly regulated by law and procedure. Many are experts at gaming the system, but the Modron judges have no mercy for those who disregard bureaucracy.

Leading the Witness 3UU
Sorcery (U)
Objection! (The first opponent to object chooses X, then mills X. If the mana value milled beats this spell, overrule it.)
Gain control of target creature. If this spell is overruled, tap that creature and it doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

Legend
Aethernaut

Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
@Legend I'm sure you know already but I have to fess up that I mostly stole the card from the existing B.O.B. (Bevy of Beebles). Not sure if that changes anything for you; it was a largely non-serious entry.
Eh, it's all good. It was my favorite, if not just slightly over Cythare's and Juancu's, which were tied. All were quality entries, which was surprising as custom walkers tend to be abstract collages to put it nicely.

chetoos

Consumed by the court 1wub
Enchantment
Whenever this or another nontoken artifact or Enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, create a food token.
Whenever you sacrifice a food, you may pay 1w. When you do, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
Whenever you sacrifice a food, you may pay 2u. When you do, gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap it, it gains haste
Whenever you sacrifice a food, you may pay b and sacrifice a creature. If you do, draw 2 cards.
In the wildred court, accept no food offered. You may find yourself trapped by their fae magic.

Iiw: Draft a card from this card's spellbook
Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

watching football all day so I'll judge tomorrow.
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

GUILTY! 1W
Instant (U)
Exile target creature that dealt damage this turn.

IIW: it's too freaking cold

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Sentencing 1W
Sorcery
Exile target creature card until you cast a spell named Overturn.

Overturn 1U
Instant
Aftermath
Counter target spell or ability that targets a creature or planeswalker you control.

IIW: Draft Matters Cards
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

chetoos

Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney 1URW
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor
Hold It! - UW, : Counter target spell or ability that targets another permanent you control. Investigate
Objection! - RU, : Draw a card, then discard a card. When you discard a card this way, counter up to one target spell with mana value equal to the discarded card's mana value.
Eureka! - RW, sacrifice a clue, : Look at the top 3 cards of your library. Put one of those cards into your hand, and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order. That card perpetually gains "This spell costs 2 less to cast."

IIW: Draft a card from this card's spellbook.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Court Stenographer UR
Creature — Human Wizard (U)
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, put a scribe counter on Court Stenographer.
Remove X scribe counters from Court Stenographer: Target instant or sorcery card in your graveyard with mana value X gains flashback until end of turn. The flashback cost is equal to its mana cost. Activate this ability only once each turn.
1/2

IIW: Kitsune
Last edited by Cythare 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”