NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

10 entries is a good number! IMO the more important thing is to keep the thread moving and know when things are slowing down. I've judged with fewer.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
10 entries is a good number! IMO the more important thing is to keep the thread moving and know when things are slowing down. I've judged with fewer.
Then let the judging begin, oh wait, I'm the judge... Give me a moment.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Alright, let's get this show on the road.
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
Another meaning of farming is to outsource/subcontract it so you don't have to do it - "farming out some work", so the idea was that you summon something and then send half of the creature to each of your two teammates to use them (it was designed for Emperor, but I didn't want to require that it only work if you're the emperor).

Rex, Gravity Master 1WU
Legendary Creature — Human Soldier (R)
Flying, vigilance
Each other creature can't attack unless its controller exerts it. (It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.)
2/2

IIW: Quests from the Questing Beast
So, is this character a hero or a villain? With a name like that it could be either. Design wise, it is a solid card, but it doesn't really scream superhero or supervillain.
I give it 6 supers out of 10. Nothing spectacular, but could be a one shot character in a struggling superhero comic.

Fun fact: Most gravity manipulating characters in superhero comics have been villains.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
for all my complaining about wizards printing cards that don't say what they actually do... I went and submitted an entry that doesn't say what it actually does.

Zero, Champion of the People XWW
Legendary Creature — Human Artificer {M}
Equipped creatures you control get +2/+2 and have flying.
When Zero, Champion of the People enters the battlefield, create X colorless Equipment artifact tokens named Zero Saber with "Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has first strike" and equip 2.
"I'm giving people the tools they need to fight back against oppression. We've suffered enough under the rule of you so-called 'heroes'."
2/2

IIW: a drop in the bucket
Ah, a well intentioned extremist super villain, those tend to be fun. And a tech based one to boot, you don't see those to often. Mechanically the card is a solid mythic, and it really shows what the character wants to do. That said, it is nothing splashy that really screams this guy is a major threat. I could see them being a mid-tier recurring villain for a superhero team.
8 out of 10 supers.

Fun Fact: Most tech based supervillains would be rich beyond their wildest dreams had they invested their skills in inventing things for the open market instead of trying to knock over banks.
KoolKoal wrote:
3 years ago
Don the Suit
Enchantment (R)
: Put a flying counter, an indestructible counter, and a "This creature is responsible for all property damage when attacking or blocking." counter on target creature. Activate only as a sorcery.
I. Am. Ironman. Mechanically it is a solid card, although I am always weary when it comes to repeatable indestructible granting.
8 out of 10 supers.

Fun Fact: 616 Tony Stark is actually a supervillain with good publicity. When acting head of SHIELD he decided to unprovoked nuke Atlantis all because Atlantis had decided to put the supervillain Nitro on trial for the murder of an Atlantean princess, specifically Namorita, the niece of Namor the Submariner and defacto sovereign of Atlantis. The Atlanteans had made perfectly clear that once the trial was concluded, Nitro would be extradited to the US to stand trial there for causing the Stamford incident that killed several hundred civilians. Tony's decision killed thousands of civilian deaths and caused a strengthening of ties between Atlantis and Latveria, as Doom welcomed the displaced Atlanteans with open arms.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Skeletor, Lord of Destruction 2BU
Legendary Creature- Skeleton Wizard (R)
Flash
When Skeletor enters the battlefield, look at target player's hand. Exile a card from that player's hand or graveyard. When Skeletor leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to its owner's hand.
1U: Return Skeletor to its owner's hand.
"This isn't over, He Man!!"
4/3

Adam, Prince of Eternia WW
Legendary Creature- Human Noble (M)
At the beginning of your upkeep, if an opponent controls two or more creatures, transform Adam
"By the Power of Greyskull!"
1/3
///////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
He Man, Most Powerful Man in the Universe
Legendary Creature- Human Warrior
Indestructible, Vigilance
At the beginning of your upkeep, if each opponent controls no creatures, transform He Man.
"I have the power!!!!"
5/5
More heroes and villains of Eternia
Show
Hide
Beast Man, Savage Henchman 1RG
Legendary Creature- Beast Warrior Minion (U)
Trample
3RG: Create the creature token of your choice--
- A 3/3 green Beast creature token with trample.
- A 2/2 red Dinosaur creature token with flying.
3/3

Evil-Lyn, Master of Magic 2u
Legendary Creature- Human Wizard (U)
Hexproof
2U: Tap target creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step. Evil-Lyn becomes a copy of that creature until end of turn.
"I'll serve you, Skeletor. For now."
1/4

Trap Jaw, Mechanized Miscreant 4R
Artifact Creature- Warrior Minion (U)
X, T: Search your library for an equipment card with Equip X or less. Put that card onto the battlefield attached to Trap Jaw.
2R,T: Attach target equipment you control to Trap Jaw.
2/5

Mer Man, Evil Master of the Depths U
Legendary Creature- Merfolk Minion (R)
Islandwalk
When Mer Man deals combat damage to a player, you may look at that player's hand and name a card. The named card costs 2 more to cast until your next turn.
1/2

==================^Evil^===========vGoodv===================

Orko, Court Magician 1RU
Legendary Creature- Trollan Wizard (R)
Flying
When you cast your first instant or sorcery spell in a turn, copy that spell. All targets for the copy are chosen at random.
"ORKO!!!" - Man-At-Arms
0/4

Cringer, Fearful Friend R
Legendary Creature- Cat Coward (U)
When another creature you control transforms, transform Cringer.
When a player casts a spell, if Cringer is untapped, tap it.
"I don't like this, Adam!"
2/2
///////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
The Mighty Battlecat
Legendary Creature- Cat
First strike
Attacking creatures you control get +1/+0.
"Right away, He Man!"
3/3

Teela, Captain of the Guard 3W
Legendary Creature- Human Soldier (U)
First strike, lifelink, vigilance
R: Teela gains haste until end of turn.
6R: Teela gains double strike until end of turn.
3/2

Man-At-Arms UW
Legendary Creature- Human Soldier Arificer (U)
Tap three untapped artifacts you control: choose one --
-- Tap target artifact or creature.
-- Target artifact or creature gains shroud until end of turn.
-- Draw a card.
1/4

The Sorceress of Greyskull UUU
Legendary Creature- Human Wizard (R)
Defender
At the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card.
U, Exile The Sorceress: Create a 1/2 legendary blue bird creature token named Zoar with flying and "U, Exile Zoar: Return The Sorceress of Greyskull from exile to the battlefield.
1/5

Castle Greyskull
Legendary Land (R)
Hideaway (This land enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, look at the top four cards of your library, exile one face down, then put the rest on the bottom of your library.)
T: Add C. Until end of turn, you may play the exiled card by paying its mana value plus 3. If you do, return Castle Greyskull to its owner's hand.
When a creature deals combat damage to you, its controller may pay 3 to gain control of Castle Greyskull.

IIW: The IIW from the last card you posted. (Or any recent IIW you like if you're new. Regardless say what IIW you're using.)
Ah yes, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. That really makes me nostalgic. Mechanically the cards are all solid, including the ones in the spoilers. Just one note really, you lack a way for Cringer to transform back from Battle Cat.
9 out of 10 supers.

Fun Fact: Eternians aren't actually humans, but He-Man (and his twin sister Adora, from She-Ra, Princess of Power) are half humans. Their mother is a human astronaut that fell through a wormhole and got stranded on Eternia, she saved the young and single king Randor's life, they started dating, got married, and had a pair of twins. The girl of the twins got kidnapped by Hordak during a major attack on Eternia by his forces, and was raised in Hordak's court before learning of her true heritage. The original He-Man series had a two parter (that was a stealth pilot for the She-Ra animated show) that revealed this. But wait it gets weirder. The original He-Man and She-Ra shows were actually a part of a larger over-arching crossover work, that included a third series called Blackstar. The main character of Blackstar was also a human astronaut that had been sent to look for the missing Astronaut that became the mother of He-Man. Unfortunately that series got canceled after only one 13 episode season. As a side note, Adam/He-Man's love interest Teela is also a half-Eternian, while it was only hinted at in the show, it was later revealed that her mother is the Sorceress of Greyskull, who belongs to race of witches not native to Eternia.

KoolKoal wrote:
3 years ago
Super Speed Sneed
Legendary Creature - Human Hero (U)
Hexproof
Super Speed Sneed can't be blocked.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if Super Speed Sneed is tapped, it loses hexproof until end of turn.
2/3

Lightning Lancer
Legendary Creature - Human Hero (R)
Flying
Whenever Lightning Lancer deals combat damage, you may pay . If you do, it deals 3 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
3/1

Mort and Pestilence
Legendary Creature - Human Plant Villain (R)
Menace
Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, gain one life and create a 1/1 black Rat creature token under that player's control.
, pay 2 life: Create a 0/3 green Plant Wall creature token with reach and defender.
4/4

Saber Shade
Legendary Creature - Human Hero Villain (R)
Deathtouch, double strike
When Saber Shade attacks, create a tapped and attacking token that's a copy of it except that it's a black Shadow, its name is Shade's Shadow, and it loses this ability. Exile it at the end of combat.
1/2

IIW: Legendary Creature - Elder {non-dragon animal type}
Nice, both heroes and villains. Only one issue and it is a minor one, Mort and Pestilence's triggered ability should probably read "nontoken creature an opponent controls" to prevent them never running out of creatures or generating infinite mana from sacrifice effects. Otherwise solid cards that really showcases both the heroes and villains abilities.
10 supers out of 10.

Fun fact: The higher ups at various comic book companies have a long history of being disparaging of LGBTQ+ communities. The first to fully embrace the LGBTQ+ community was Image, with IDW following not far behind. Marvel followed slowly, but let it evolve organic without forcing it, with characters who were obviously LGBTQ+ when looking back eventually coming out of the proverbial closet. DC is still having issues with it however, with most of their LGBTQ+ characters suffering horrible fates sooner or later, but then again, they also have an issue with writing strong female characters a lot of the time.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
say the line meg

Hongou, Valiant Captain RW
Legendary Creature — Human Hero {R}
First strike
Fateful Hour — When you have 5 or less life, transform Hongou, Valiant Captain.
2/1

//

Captain Valiant
(R/W) Legendary Creature — Giant Hero {R}
First strike, trample, lifelink
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have 10 or more life, transform Captain Valiant.
7/7

IIW: we can't reprint it. but we CAN do this
A good example of the Super Sentai genre. Well thought out and a good use of a threshold mechanic. Unfortunately that mechanic is Fateful Hour which makes the card near unplayable in any format that would care about the card.
7 supers out of 10 because of Fateful Hour. Seriously?

Fun Fact: The Power Rangers shows are actually several different Super Sentai shows imported to the west from Asia, and with additional scenes shot with American actors/actresses and stapled together to a cohesive show. It's basically Frankenstein.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
3 years ago
Origin Story 1UG
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I - Create a 2/2 Citizen creature token that's all colors.
II - Scry 4.
III - Reveal the top card of your library. Put an indestructible counter on target creature that shares a color with the revealed card.

Fall from Grace 2BR
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I - Create three 1/1 red Dwarf creature tokens.
II - Sacrifice a creature. If you do, creatures you control get +3/+0 and gain trample until end of turn.
III - You lose 6 life.

Redemption Arc 3WW
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I - Tap target creature you control. It doesn't untap during your next untap step.
II - Search your library for an Aura, reveal it, and put it onto the battlefield attached to target tapped creature you control.
III - Target enchanted creature gains indestructible, vigilance and lifelink until end of turn.

The Time Heist 1UUBB
Legendary Sorcery (M)
As an additional cost to cast The Time Heist, sacrifice a legendary creature.
For each card in your graveyard, you may reveal a card you own from outside the game that shares a name with it and put it into your hand.

IIW: Conspiracy draft-matters cards
Good use of Sagas to show the rise, fall, and redemption of a Hero. I just can't for the life of me figure out any reason to play Fall from Grace, that last ability on it should be a payoff, not a punishment. That's the whole point of Sagas, building up to something. Also, The Time Heist is funny. It'd get banned in Commander without a doubt, but it is funny nevertheless.
8 supers out of 10, because why would anyone ever want to play Fall from Grace?

Fun Fact: Some of the best heroes started out as villains, some of the best villains actually have good intentions.
mellifluoresce wrote:
3 years ago
Asri, Provocateur
Legendary Creature - Human Rogue (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose a card name. Target opponent guesses how many cards with that name are in your hand. You may reveal your hand. If you do and your opponent guessed wrong, you may search your library for a card and put it into your hand, then shuffle.
At the beginning of your end step, you may reveal your hand. If four or more nonland cards in your hand share a card name, you win the game.
4/4

IIW: Spice Girls
A pretty fun card, but nearl worthless in the one format that would actually care about it. Also, I can't actually tell from the card, is it a hero or a villain?
6 supers out of 10, clarity matters.

Fun Fact: Not all thieves in comics are villains, some are actually heroic characters fighting against corporate greed and helping the weak and poor. These characters are basically inspired by Robin Hood to a greater or less degree.
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
DYNAMIC ENTRY!! 2RR
Instant (MR)
The next creature spell you cast this turn may be cast as though it has flash and can't be countered. When it enters the battlefield, it gains haste, and it deals damage equal to its power to up to one target creature.

IIW: The Black Market
Clever use of a superhero trope, and a near perfect execution of it. Not sure it needs to be mythic rare though. It's good, but it is not *that* good.
9 out of 10 supers

Fun fact: They never see it coming.
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
Signature Move GW
Sorcery (U)
You may put an Aura card from your hand onto the battlefield attached to target creature you control. That creature fights up to one target creature you don't control.

IIW: Rewards from the Questing Beast
Why does this card do what it does, and why at sorcery speed? There is great discrepancy between the card name and what it does. Wat.
2 supers out of 10. It's a nice card, but there is nothing super heroic or super villainy about it.

Fun Fact: Sometimes people have a good idea and then lose it somewhere in the execution. Like telling us that we get to chose the fate of Mirrodin or that Coldsnap was a lost set found in the archives.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner: @KoolKoal for actually giving actual superheroes and villains, being original, and for the near perfect execution of their abilities.
HM: Mergatroid_Jones for reminding me of He-Man and making me all nostalgic for my childhood.
Next: Legendary Creature - Elder {non-dragon animal type}

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

the fun facts were very fun : D

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

good first outing
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

Agreed!

The idea here is that these are splinters of a World Tree that shattered early in the plane's existence, and are the progenitors of various plantoid creatures that populate the plane.

Adalis, First Shard to Mend WWW
Legendary Creature — Elder Splinter (M)
Lifelink
When Adalis, First Shard to Mend enters the battlefield, put a lifelink counter on each other creature you control. You gain 3 life.
If you would gain life, you gain twice that much life instead. If an opponent would gain life, they gain half that much life instead.
3/3

Sigalis, First Shard to Reach UUU
Prowess
When Sigalis, First Shard to Reach enters the battlefield, the next spell you cast costs 0 to cast.
Whenever you cast a spell, draw two cards, then put a card from your hand on the bottom of your library.
3/3

Xumalis, First Shard to Fester BBB
Menace
When Xumalis, First Shard to Fester enters the battlefield, each opponent discards two cards.
Whenever an opponent discards a card, exile that card. You may cast it for as long as it's exiled and spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast that spell.
3/3

Yglis, First Shard to Burn RRR
Haste
When Yglis, First Shard to Burn enters the battlefield, it deals 2 damage to each other creature and planeswalker.
If a source you control would deal damage to another player or a permanent you don't control, it deals double that damage instead.
3/3

Parilis, First Shard to Grow GGG
Vigilance
When Paralis, First Shard to Grow enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on each other creature you control.
If one or more +1/+1 counters would be put on a permanent you control, twice that many counters are put on it instead.
3/3

IIW: Design a Lorehold scroll gun
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

KoolKoal
For Posterity

Post by KoolKoal » 3 years ago

Thanks for the win Krishnath :)

I'm not going to be picky about "animal types." Basically, unless I look at the creature type and say, "those are sapient," you'll be good.

Also, choosing a weird and/or silly type is :thumbsup:

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

KoolKoal wrote:
3 years ago
Thanks for the win Krishnath :)

I'm not going to be picky about "animal types." Basically, unless I look at the creature type and say, "those are sapient," you'll be good.

Also, choosing a weird and/or silly type is :thumbsup:
So, would Thallids be sapient or not? It's been kinda ambiguous in canon. :)

Megiddo
MEG

Olppaemi, the Sagacious WWUU
Legendary Creature — Elder Bird {M}
Flying
Olppaemi, the Sagacious gets +1/+1 for each card in your hand.
Whenever one or more creatures enter the battlefield under your control, draw a card.
3/3
The Rest
Show
Hide
Gaeguli the Tenacious UUBB
Legendary Creature — Elder Frog {M}
Flash
This spell can't be countered.
Deathtouch, hexproof, menace
4/4

Jwi, the Pernicious BBRR
Legendary Creature — Elder Rat {M}
Haste
Other Rat creatures you control get +1/+0 and have haste.
Whenever a Rat you control deals combat damage to a player, create X 1/1 black Rat creature tokens with deathtouch, where X is the number of opponents you have.
3/2

Goyang-I the Capricious RRGG
Legendary Creature — Elder Cat {M}
When you cast Goyang-I, the Capricious, each permanent you own but don't control deals 6 damage to its controller. Gain control of those permanents.
T: Target player gains control of target permanent you control.
0/5

Sanyang-Gae, the Auspicious GGWW
Legendary Creature — Elder Dog {M}
Vigilance
When Sanyang-Gae, the Auspicious enters the battlefield, choose up to three target permanent cards in your graveyard. Return each one of those cards that's a creature card with power two or less to the battlefield, then return the rest to your hand.
4/4
IIW
Show
Hide
Create a card that would be collecter's number 40 in its set. This will usually be a white or blue card.

IMPORTANT: Include the number of each color of card in your set. For example, if you have 26 cards of each color, plus 10 lands and 5 artifacts (145 total), say that.

Bonus: Create the names of cards numbered 1-39.

Super Bonus: Create the cards numbered 1-39.

Scoring will be out of 20 points.
Bonus 1 will earn you up to 5 extra points.
Bonus 2 will earn you up to 25 extra points. (this includes bonus one. You won't get 30 extra points)
Last edited by Megiddo 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
MEG

KoolKoal
For Posterity

Post by KoolKoal » 3 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
So, would Thallids be sapient or not? It's been kinda ambiguous in canon.
I thought thallids were sapient and saprolings are not. Idk, I don't pay enough attention to magic story to say for sure.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

KoolKoal wrote:
3 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
So, would Thallids be sapient or not? It's been kinda ambiguous in canon.
I thought thallids were sapient and saprolings are not. Idk, I don't pay enough attention to magic story to say for sure.
Well, you won't have to worry about that, although an elder thallid would be funny, I'll go with another beastie instead. :grin:

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 3 years ago

The First Plague BBB
Legendary Creature- Elder Germ (R)
The First Plague gets +0/+1 for each Germ on the battlefield.
When a player casts a spell, that player creates a 0/1 black Germ creature token with "At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 1 life."
2BBB, Pay 3 life: Return The First Plague from your graveyard to your hand.
0/0
Spam bonus entries
Show
Hide
Kyeryll Kadai, Eldest Bloom 3G
Legendary Creature- Elder Plant (R)
Hexproof, defender
At the beginning of your postcombat main phase, if there are fewer than three bloom counters on Kyeryll Kadai, add G and put a bloom counter on it. If there are three or more bloom counters, remove all of them, then add that much mana of any one color and gain that much life.
1/10

She With No Name 6XGG
Legendary Creature- Elder Spider (M)
Vigilance, Reach
When She With No Name enters the battlefield, create X 2/4 green spider creature tokens with reach.
She With No Name can block an additional 7 creatures each combat.
The food chain doesn't end with dragons.
8/16

IIW: Make a more balanced version of a card that has been banned somewhere. No power nine.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 3 years ago, edited 7 times in total.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Teascale Elder 4GGG
Creature - Elder Wurm (M)
Menace, Trample, Rampage 3
Wurm creatures you control have hexproof.
1G, T: Search your hand, graveyard, and/or library for a creature named Teascale Wurmling and put it onto the battlefield. If you search your library in this way, shuffle.
"Teascale Wurms never stop growing, and the oldest, most powerful female in a region sees all smaller wurms as her children." — Vivien Reed, Field Notes.
8/8
Why Tea?
Show
Hide
Tea in this instance refers to the color of Tea Green, which is incidentally the color of green tea. It is a pale yellowish green with a hint of grey, and is very pretty.
Bonus content:

Teascale Wurmling 2G
Creature - Wurm (C)
Wither
"Newly hatched Teascale Wurms have serrated teeth that leave nasty wounds." — Vivien Reed, Field notes.
3/2

IIW: Dinosaurs or paleolithic creatures.

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 3 years ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 years ago
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago

Surprise Me R
Instant
Shuffle.
Haha! The new Demonic Tutor wording removes "your library", making this now a functioning one word card!
Ha! I was waiting for this comment ever since the reveal of the new Demonic Tutor, That was the first thing that came to my mind too!

I wanted to point it out, but then I thought the judge might not appreciate a second derailment.
Interestingly, Matt Tabak called out Myr Mindservant as a card that would not be changing with the new wording, as they require the library to have been previously referenced on the card before they'll drop "your library" off the text. Anyways, minor diversion over, onto card creation...

Isamaru, Loyalty Incarnate 4W
Legendary Creature - Elder Dog
Indestructible
Whenever Isamaru, Loyalty Incarnate attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
2/2

I was initially thinking an Elder Squirrel, but Toski, Bearer of Secrets sorta fills a lot of the same space for that. Got me thinking about Elder small animals, though, and thought about if Isamaru had become an elder dog, but stayed the same size, what would make him feel properly impactful. And that's how we got this.

IIW: Wizard Hat

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 years ago

Nexacles, Titan of Night's Despair
1ub
Legendary Creature - Elder Giant {M}
When Nexacles enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless it escaped.
Whenever Nexacles enters the battlefield or attacks, you draw two cards, then you discard a card and lose 2 life.
Escape uubb, Exile five other cards from your graveyard. (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its escape cost.)
6/6

I spent waaay too much time on this. Drawing just one card seems underwhelming, but drawing two feels extremely broken. This was the best compromise I could think of.

Urvogel, Missing Link
1wurg
Legendary Creature - Elder Bird Dinosaur {M}
Flying
Other Birds you control get +2/+2 and have haste.
Other Dinosaurs you control get +1/+1 and have trample.
: Put a flying counter on target non-Bird Dinosaur creature you control. That creature becomes a Bird in addition to its other types.
3/4

IIW: Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

The Eternal Tempest 3GUR
Legendary Creature - Elder Elemental (M)
Flying, haste, trample
Whenever The Eternal Tempest attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on it, then return target nonland permanent with mana value less than The Eternal Tempest's power to its owner's hand.
When The Eternal Tempest dies, it deals damage equal to its power to each creature, each planeswalker and each player.
5/5

IIW: conspiracy draft cards

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Old Yeller WR
Legendary Creature - Elder Dog (R)
First Strike, Haste, Infect
Sacrifice Old Yeller: Put two +1/+1 counters on target human creature. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
3/1

IIW: Cephalids Reminagined
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 years ago

Redwood Shepherd 3GW
Creature - Elder Treefolk Scout (U)
Reach
Blocking creatures you control get +1/+2.
XGW, : Create X 0/1 white Goat creature tokens. Creatures you control gain indestructible until end of turn.
"The ravages of time and the world do unquestionable things to the young. I hope my little efforts over the years have done some work in blunting the pain."
3/4

Redwood Sage 3GU
Creature - Elder Treefolk Shaman (U)
Reach
Whenever Redwood Sage blocks, draw a card.
1GU, Sacrifice Redwood Sage: Scry X, where X is its power, then reveal the top card of your library. Draw cards equal to the revealed card's mana value.
"We redwoods spend our entire lives chronicling the wisdom of the world. We do not die when we are cut down; we die when the last of our teachings become obsolete."
2/5

Redwood Seer 3BG
Creature - Elder Treefolk Warlock (U)
Reach
Whenever a blocking creature you control dies, scry 1.
2BG, Exile a card from your graveyard: Return a card of the exiled card's type from your graveyard to your hand. You lose 1 life.
"Eons of life and death have shown me that time has a short memory. History and its participants have a tendency to repeat themselves."
1/6

Redwood Skywatcher 3RG
Creature - Elder Treefolk Warrior (U)
Reach
Whenever Redwood Skywatcher blocks a creature with flying, it deals 1 damage to that creature.
RG, Discard a card: Another target creature that hasn't been targeted by this ability you control gets +2/+2 and first strike until end of turn.
"My kind have always looked to the sky for inspiration and wonder. The countless sunrises and sunsets bring new ideas and those willing to see them through."
4/3

IIW: Planeswalker commanders

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 3 years ago

Crushwagg
Legendary Creature - Elder Brushwagg (M)
Trample
When Crushwagg enters the battlefield or attacks, it deals 1 damage to each creature and planeswalker you don't control. Those permanents lose indestructible and hexproof until end of turn.
As long as Crushwagg is attacking or blocking, it gets +X/+X, where X is the total amount of noncombat damage it's dealt this turn.
4/4

IIW: Spice Girls
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Megiddo
MEG

you're, uh, 11 years late on that one
MEG

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 3 years ago

i'm pretty sure i can find your ***** online within 3 minutes
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Eh, name repetition is an inevitability when doing card creation. It's happened to me multiple times, heck sometimes with cards I've made myself.

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 3 years ago

Squeakers, Battleworn Mentor 1W
Legendary Creature - Elder Mouse (R)
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay W. If you do, put an indestructible counter on that creature and it gains "Whenever this creature is dealt damage, if it has an indestructible counter on it, remove an indestructible counter from it at the beginning of the next upkeep."
After retiring from a life of fighting endless wars since birth, Squeakers decided to help the next generation by passing on the wisdom he had gained over his storied two years.
1/3

IIW: "choose one that hasn't been chosen [this turn] —"
"Image"

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 years ago

Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
you're, uh, 11 years late on that one
You linked the exact post within an hour of mellifluoresce's post.

From 10 years ago.

How.

Why.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Togs

Post by Togs » 3 years ago

The World Turtle 2GU
Legendary Creature - Elder Turtle (R)
When The World Turtle enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a land card, exile it, then shuffle your library. If you do, The World Turtle gains all activated abilities of that card. (This includes mana abilities.)
2/4

IIW: Your favorite animal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”