NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

PanchoPonceN
Old School Flamingo
Pronoun: he / him

Post by PanchoPonceN » 3 years ago

Defectuous Boulder-launcher R
Sorcery (U)
An opponent may discard a land card. If they do, Defectuous Boulder-launcher deals 3 damage to you. Otherwise, Defectuous Boulder-launcher deals 6 damage to target creature.

IIW: Mix your two favorite mechanics!

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

Weighted Boots
Artifact - Equipment (U)
Equipped creature loses flying.
Tap an untapped creature you control with haste: Attach Weighted Boots to target creature.
Equip
"It makes you fall instantly, saving over hour in span of a year!"
- Marketising slogan

IIW: A card for any of Ice Age block generals or prominent warriors, including the ones with a card already (for instance Jarkeld, Lovisa Coldeyes, or Avram Garisson

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

Illusory Tunnel 3
Artifact (U)
R, T: Illusory Tunnel deal 2 damage to target unblocked creature.
3: Tap Illusory Tunnel. Any player may activate this ability.

IIW: Lightning

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Personal Trebuchet 4
Artifact (R)
Whenever a creature with flying you control attacks, if Personal Trebuchet is tapped, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.
R, T: Target creature you control gains flying and haste until end of turn. At end of turn, sacrifice that creature unless you pay U.
"Water landings not required, but strongly recommended." - Jemby, Nucelian engineer

IIW: Physical dexterity cards
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

TacticalCelebrant
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 3 years ago

Judgement incoming. Should be done within 6 hours.
Last edited by TacticalCelebrant 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

TacticalCelebrant

chetoos
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
chetoos wrote:
3 years ago
Nalaar's self-igniting fireball 1RR
artifact - vehicle
This artifact can only be crewed once per turn.
When Nalaar's self-igniting fireball becomes crewed, sacrifice each crewing creature at the beginning of the next end step, or when this artifact leaves the battlefield. When you do, this artifact deals damage equal to those creature's total power to any target.
When this vehicle attacks, sacrifice it at the end of combat. When you do, it deals 3 damage to any target.
Crew 2
4/4

IIW: Big green idiots.
This one seems kinda complicated. A lot of rules phrases that I don't think have precedent. And it looks like you can load a creature into the rocket car to Fling it once per turn, and as long as you don't attack, you don't lose the car. All that aside, it's very evocative, and fits the challenge very well. Really feels like an exploding rocket car.
PanchoPonceN
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
PanchoPonceN wrote:
3 years ago
Defectuous Boulder-launcher R
Sorcery (U)
An opponent may discard a land card. If they do, Defectuous Boulder-launcher deals 3 damage to you. Otherwise, Defectuous Boulder-launcher deals 6 damage to target creature.

I like this one a lot. Great way to get the feeling of a backfiring ACME product. Has the interplay that I would hope to see with an adversarial challenge like this one. You can try bet that your opponent doesn't have a land in hand, which I find fun. If it hits the creature, great! If not, your opponent still discarded a card, so not too bad!
Lorn Asbord Schutta
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
3 years ago
Weighted Boots
Artifact - Equipment (U)
Equipped creature loses flying.
Tap an untapped creature you control with haste: Attach Weighted Boots to target creature.
Equip
"It makes you fall instantly, saving over hour in span of a year!"
- Marketising slogan

IIW: A card for any of Ice Age block generals or prominent warriors, including the ones with a card already (for instance Jarkeld, Lovisa Coldeyes, or Avram Garisson
Would you belive it's really hard to find a screenshot of weighted shoes from an old Roadrunner cartoon? We'll just have to make do with rocket shoes. I was hoping I would get some cards that had an extra ability when you tapped a creature with haste. It's a good way to represent the roadrunner as a creature. The card as a card doesn't do too much. If you don't have a creature with haste, it's got very few applications, and if you do, it still only makes an opponent's creature lose flying. It would require a very specific deck to take advantage of all of that.
NinjaCaterpie
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
3 years ago
Illusory Tunnel 3
Artifact (U)
R, T: Illusory Tunnel deal 2 damage to target unblocked creature.
3: Tap Illusory Tunnel. Any player may activate this ability.

IIW: Lightning
I like this card a lot! You get so much done with only a few lines of text. You can damage an unblocked creature, which feels like a good way to represent someone running into a wall they thought was a tunnel, and you give your opponent a way to pay to let their creatures through, giving you the good interplay I like to see in this kind of challenge. Good way to represent one of the most iconic gags from these cartoons.
void_nothing
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Personal Trebuchet 4
Artifact (R)
Whenever a creature with flying you control attacks, if Personal Trebuchet is tapped, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.
R, T: Target creature you control gains flying and haste until end of turn. At end of turn, sacrifice that creature unless you pay U.
"Water landings not required, but strongly recommended." - Jemby, Nucelian engineer

IIW: Physical dexterity cards
Would you believe it's hard to find a screenshot of a Trebuchet from an old Roadrunner cartoon? We'll have to make doe with another catapult I'm afraid. There are a lot of catapult jokes. Anyway, your card is cool. Reminds me of Mogg Cannon But the extra bit about a water landing is great. I'm not sure if I like the first ability. If you've got a team of fliers, and you use this to launch one of them, they can all get a +1/+1 counter when they attack. Might fit better as just giving a +1/+1 counter to the launched creature.
HM: PanchoPonceN
Winner: NinjaCaterpie
Next: Lightning
SPOILER
Show
Hide

PanchoPonceN
Old School Flamingo

Bless of Lightning 1RR
Enchantment (U)
Creatutres you control have haste.
Whenever a creature you control becomes blocked by a creature, Bless of Lightning deals 2 damage to that other creature.

Last edited by PanchoPonceN 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

TacticalCelebrant

Skaabratory b
Artifact (U)
1: Exile target card from a graveyard. If it's a creature card, put a Corpse counter on Skaabratory.
r, Remove five Corpse counters from Skaabratory: Create a 5/5 black Zombie creature token. It gains haste until end of turn.

IIW: -1/-1 counters

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Parhelion Fulguration 2RW
Enchantment (R)
RW: Target instant or sorcery spell you control gains lifelink and can't be countered.
Whenever a source with lifelink you control deals damage, create an X/X red Elemental creature token, where X is the amount of damage dealt.
It is said the first Boros elementals were born from the arcs of pure glory Razia gave off in her battle fury.

IIW: Shots in the dark
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

Electric Pulse 1R
Instant (U)
Electric Pulse deals 1 damage to each creature without flying. Those creatures gain haste this turn.
The sudden rush of electricity got every recruit on their feet. The ones that could still get on their feet, at least.

IIW: The Overload keyword on permanents

haywire

Post by haywire » 3 years ago

Galvanizing Spark 1r
Sorcery {U}
Replicate
Choose one-
Put a charge counter on target artifact you control.
Target artifact creature you control gets +1/+0 and gains first strike and haste until end of turn.

IIW: keywords that can be used any number of times (replicate, strive, multikicker, etc)

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

oh yeah i gotta judge

PanchoPonceN: This seems like a house. It does give a cool image of lightning-charged creatures blasting things out of their way, but I'm not sure if it will lead to interesting play patterns. I can also see this being really hard to deal with in limited - uncommon might be a stretch.

TacticalCelebrant: Is the lightning here supposed to be like Rooftop Storm, the spark that creates life? The link is a bit tenuous without art or flavour text, but the card is pretty clean. I'm not sure if it's a bit slow and the first ability should do something else, but it's a solid incremental engine.

void_nothing: Hey that's pretty cool. Ability word tribal is always a fun build-around and I like the flavour of bolts being so sick they come to life. It's unfortunate that it doesn't work automatically with Lightning Helix, but you can't have everything.

spacemonaut: Back in my day, lightning was powerful, deadly, destructive! Not this weaksauce 1 damage stuff. The card's alright, although I feel like I've seen it before.

haywire: More Sparks instead of Lightning. The flavour is solid, but I feel like this is either very low power-level, or it's going to make something nutty with extra charge counters.

winner: void_nothing
next: Shots in the dark

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Oooop, thanks for the win, and if this challenge is too abstract and there are no entries by morning I'll change it.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

I don't know what this challenge means.

Ironically that means any card I make would be, you know, a shot in the dark. :P

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 3 years ago

Alastair, night archer 2RB
Legendary Planeswalker - Alastair {mythic}
+1 - Alastair deals 2 damage to up to one target creature. That creature becomes a vampire in addition to its other types. If you control that creature, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
-5 - Gain control of target vampire.
-7 - Gain control of all vampires until end of turn, and untap them. You get an emblem with "Vampires you control get +2/+1 and have haste."

Interpreting the challenge a bit more literally. I'll still put in an entry for the updated challenge if there is one.

IIW: Big Green Idiots.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Okay, you can do either shots in the dark or rare artifact or enchantment destruction.

TacticalCelebrant

Wilderness Metamorphosis 1gw
Instant (R)
Exile target nonland permanent. Manifest it at the beginning of the next end step. (To manifest a card, put it onto the battlefield face down as a 2/2 creature. Turn it face up any time for its mana cost if it's a creature card.)

Oops.
Post judgement fixing
Show
Hide
Wilderness Metamorphosis 1gw
Instant (R)
Exile target nonland permanent. Its owner manifests it at the beginning of the next end step. (To manifest a card, put it onto the battlefield face down as a 2/2 creature. Turn it face up any time for its mana cost if it's a creature card.)

IIW: -1/-1 counters
Last edited by TacticalCelebrant 3 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

PanchoPonceN
Old School Flamingo

Essence Tracker 1GG
Creature - Beast Spirit (R)
Whenever an opponent draws one or more cards, choose one:
- Destroy target artifact or enchantment
- Put a +1/+1 counter on Essence Tracker
- You gain 2 life
[1/3]

IIW: Combine your two favorite mechanics.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Slag Kite 3RRR
Creature — Elemental Dragon (R)
Flying
Whenever a creature you control attacks, destroy up to one target artifact.
Whenever an artifact card is put into a graveyard from anywhere, put a +1/+1 counter on Slag Kite.
4/4

IIW: Overload on permanents.
Last edited by spacemonaut 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

Dark-alley Murder
Instant - Heist (R)
(When you cast a Heist spell, look at the top card of your library. Then choose any player's library and reveal the top card of the chosen library.)
Target creature gets -X/-X, where X is the revealed card's converted mana cost. If the revealed card is a permanent card, exile it.
The sound of chords, the swish of bolts, the moaning of bodies and the crackling of destroyed property. All in a split second.

IIW: Holes.
Last edited by Lorn Asbord Schutta 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Judging tomorrow no matter what.

Togs

Post by Togs » 3 years ago

Shot in the Dark 2r
Instant (R)
Choose one--
. Exile target artifact.
. Exile target artifact an opponent controls chosen at random. Return Shot in the Dark to it's owner's hand.

IIW: Core Flamingo 2020

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Judging...now.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

chetoos - Seen this character before, haven't I? -5 seems too steep for that second ability, and man does he ever not feel like an Archer - how exactly does he vampirize people with arrows? He take out one of his fangs and tie it to the point?

TacticalCelebrant - This is meant to be "its owner manifests it" or something - like a Beast Within takeoff - right? Because even the baseline mode - "instant speed exile anything for three mana and oh, you get a 2/2 out of the deal" - is OP, to say nothing of what happens when you can turn the manifested duder face up.

PanchoPonceN - Oh hey, fun stuff! This has a bit of modern toolbox card flavorlessness about it. But definitely sweet stuff for EDH. And the "one or more" limits it from being too harsh.

spacemonaut - The "from anywhere" line in here makes this both more interesting and more confusing; does red suddenly care about mill, now? I guess if something has to do with discarding artifact cards in the set, I can see it. Otherwise a perfectly solid design.

Lorn Asbord Schutta - Hey, a CCaB reference! I loved this mechanic in Heist of Agyrem - I think it was a brilliant design decision on your part, like a way cooler and more tense version of clash. I love the trinket text of exiling the card if it's a permanent.

Togs - I appreciate trying to fulfill both challenges at once but this card is just sort of disappointing - I don't want to pay three mana to remove an artifact and I'd especially be pissed to take a gamble on the random mode and hit a Treasure.

HM: PanchoPonceN, spacemonaut
Winner: @Lorn Asbord Schutta
Next: Holes

TacticalCelebrant

Dig For Gold 1r
Sorcery (U)
Put a dig counter on target nonbasic land. It becomes a Wastes. It's controller creates two Treasure tokens. (They're artifacts with "t, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color.")

IIW: Multicolor and -1/-1 counters

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”