NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur
Pronoun: he / him

Post by vishamon » 2 years ago

Maneki Neko 2w
Creature - Cat (U)
At the beginning of your upkeep, create a treasure token.
Whenever you sacrifice an artifact, you gain 2 life.
2/2

IIW:Trolls

Juancu
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

celebrating Unfinity...

Sphynx Hisser 1R
Creature - Cat Werejaguar
1R: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, Sphynx Purrer gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
Evenbound (If a player loses a flips or rolls an odd result during their turn, it becomes Odd next turn.)
2/1
--
Bald Clawmaster
Creature - Human Werejaguar
Whenever this creature becomes blocked, flip a coin. If you win the flip, this gains First Strike and Trample until end of turn.
Oddbound (If a player wins a flip or rolls an even result during their turn, it becomes Even next turn.)
3/3

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

A. Johnny Goldman 2WW
Art depicts a mascot costume of Ajani, but modified just slightly. The effect is a costume of an off-brand Ajani. Ajani himself is scrutinizing the costume in the background, sitting at a seat with someone else, probably Tamiyo.
Legendary Creature - Cat Mascot
Whenever one or more other creatures you control attack, put a +1/+1 counter on each of up to two other target attacking creatures you control.
If damage would be dealt to another permanent you control with a +1/+1 counter on it, prevent 1 of that damage.
"This feels unsettling, like looking into a strange mirror" - Ajani Goldmane
3/5

IIW: Wedge cards with mana costs of (Generic)MNNO (Where N is U for temur, or B for Abzan.)

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

This is more like it.
Ink-Treader wrote:
2 years ago
Inviting Grimalkin 2R
Creature - Cat (U)
Spells players cast that target Deceitful Grimalkin cost 3 less to cast.
Whenever Deceitful Grimalkin becomes the target of a spell or ability, it deals damage equal to its power to that spell or abilities' controller.
3/2

IIW: Symmetrical effects
I'm imagining living the dream with this and Blazing Shoal where you pump its power in response to the opponent targeting it with a spell. The various +X/+0 effects are even cheaper to cast in order to do this!
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Ajani, Cyber Admin 3GW
Art: Ajani in Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty, dressed in cyberpunk affair.
Legendary Planeswalker - Ajani
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, you gain 1 life.
+1: Until your next turn, if damage would be dealt to you or another permanent you control, prevent 1 of that damage.
+1: Create a 2/1 white cat creature token.
-9: Your opponents gain an emblem with "You can't cast more than 1 spell each turn. Whenever you cast a spell, each opponent gains 1 life and draws a card."

IIW: Wedge cards with mana costs of (generic mana goes here)Ally1EnemyEnemyAlly2 (EG: RUUG)
I'm ready for NEON DYNASTY. I actually think that first +1 is pretty brutal. Cumber Stone is pretty good, and a cumber stone with three other abilities is pretty bonkers.
vishamon wrote:
2 years ago
Cataclysm (Not the Exodus One) www
Sorcery (R)
Each player chooses from among the permanents they control an artifact, a Cat, and two lands, then sacrifices the rest.

IIW: Trolls
Your IIW certainly tells the tale of this card. I'd be amused if this sort of card were printed though.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Homebound Kitten G
Creature - Cat
If it's neither day nor night, it becomes day as Homebound Kitten enters the battlefield.
If it is day, Homebound Kitten gets +0/+1 and has Lifelink.
If it's night, Homebound Kitten gets +1/+0 and has Haste.
1/1

IIW: Creatures with Normal Jobs
I strongly dislike Day/Night as a mechanic, so I probably won't be giving you this challenge. However, I'll give you that at least this card is easier to read than the likes of Brimstone Vandal.
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Goldenhide Tree Cat 1RG
Creature - Cat (U)
First strike
Goldenhide Tree Cat can't be blocked except by creatures with flying and/or reach.
When Goldenhide Tree Cat dies, you may pay 1. If you do, create your choice of a Food token or a Treasure token.
Unsurprisingly valuable pelts, shockingly good eating.
2/1

IIW: Drakes
I don't know what it is, but something here feels off to me. I thought maybe the color(s), but it does technically work. Maybe the red feels a little tacked-on? The first strike + evasion maybe?
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Nightmare Playwright 2B
Creature - Human Advisor (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, create a 2/1 black Cat Horror creature token.
Whenever one or more Cats attack, each player mills thirteen cards.
2/3

IIW: 4/4 creatures
my jellicle choice tonight becomes ever harder.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Shadowcat Hunters 3W
Creature - Cat (C)
Double Team (This creature attacks as if it were two tokens, until blockers are declared. Then choose one to be represented by this card, and the other no longer exists.)
3/2

IIW: Come see the Event of the Century!
I don't think this is worth the keyword. You've essentially reinvented Thorn Elemental. That said, it reads very exciting. So you get style points.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
When the Cat is Away 1UR
Sorcery (U)
Tap up to one target creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
Create two 1/1 black Rat creature tokens. They gain haste until end of turn.

IIW: Green vampires
This is another card that feels "off" for some reason I can't put my finger on. I think this is pretty strong. You trade the card from Crippling Chill for two bodies (with haste!), which I think is a reasonable exchange.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Stalking Tabby GW
Creature — Cat Rogue (U)
First strike
When Stalking Tabby enters the battlefield, target opponent creates three 1/1 white Mouse creature tokens.
3/3

IIW: Create an Elder for a tribe that doesn't yet have one
Hunted Phantasm etc etc.
vishamon wrote:
2 years ago
Maneki Neko 2w
Creature - Cat (U)
At the beginning of your upkeep, create a treasure token.
Whenever you sacrifice an artifact, you gain 2 life.
2/2

IIW:Trolls
Does this count as a troll entry too? Treasure every turn for free is a lot of value for a three drop, and this has even MORE value!
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Sphynx Hisser 1R
Creature - Cat Werejaguar
1R: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, Sphynx Purrer gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
Evenbound (If a player loses a flips or rolls an odd result during their turn, it becomes Odd next turn.)
2/1
--
Bald Clawmaster
Creature - Human Werejaguar
Whenever this creature becomes blocked, flip a coin. If you win the flip, this gains First Strike and Trample until end of turn.
Oddbound (If a player wins a flip or rolls an even result during their turn, it becomes Even next turn.)
3/3
This has the same problems as Day/Night. I also don't like coin flipping. This is a totally subjective thing! I admit it.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
A. Johnny Goldman 2WW
Art depicts a mascot costume of Ajani, but modified just slightly. The effect is a costume of an off-brand Ajani. Ajani himself is scrutinizing the costume in the background, sitting at a seat with someone else, probably Tamiyo.
Legendary Creature - Cat Mascot
Whenever one or more other creatures you control attack, put a +1/+1 counter on each of up to two other target attacking creatures you control.
If damage would be dealt to another permanent you control with a +1/+1 counter on it, prevent 1 of that damage.
"This feels unsettling, like looking into a strange mirror" - Ajani Goldmane
3/5

IIW: Wedge cards with mana costs of (Generic)MNNO (Where N is U for temur, or B for Abzan.)
My issue with this card is the first ability. Maybe I'm just tired, but the "one or more" ... "up to two other" wording is kind of confusing. I have to read it twice and think to understand what it actually does.

Winner: Juancu (style sometimes wins)
Next: Come see the Event of the Century!
MEG

TacticalCelebrant

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 2 years ago

Jump Five Monster Trucks! 4rr
Sorcery - R
Target creature gains flying and haste until end of turn. If it is a crewed Vehicle, it also gets "When this creature deals combat damage to a player, create that many treasure tokens" until end of turn.
Create five colorless 6/6 Vehicle artifact Monster Truck tokens with Crew 3.
This Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

IIW: Card name includes your favorite word
Last edited by TacticalCelebrant 2 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Release the Mega-Maid! 1U
\\Unexpected Moonwalk//
Sorcery (U)
Hold your breath.
Scry 2, then draw a card. If you held your breath for 45 seconds or longer, instead scry 3, then draw 2 cards.

IIW: Un-Iverses Beyond
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

chetoos

Agaetí Blödhren 4GR
Enchantment (M)
Whenever a nontoken dragon enters the battlefield under your control, seek an elf card. Elf cards in your hand perpetually get +1/+1 and gain haste. This ability triggers only once each turn
Whenever a nontoken elf etbs under your control, seek a dragon card. Dragon cards in your hand perpetually gain "This spell costs 1 less to cast," and "You may pay X rather than pay this spell's mana cost, where X is its mana value." This ability triggers only once each turn
As long as a nontoken elf and a nontoken dragon entered the battlefield under your control this turn, creatures you control have trample and double strike

(The once a century event in the Eragon series to celebrate the elves connection to the dragons.)

chetoos

@Juancu judge?

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Transfixing Show 1BR
Sorcery
Each player chooses a creature they control. You choose two creatures and they fight. Goad the rest of the creatures.
Until the beginning of your next upkeep, creatures your opponents control can not block.

IIW: Battlebond is Back!
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Juancu

TacticalCelebrant wrote:
2 years ago
Jump Five Monster Trucks! 4rr
Sorcery - R
Target creature gains flying and haste until end of turn. If it is a crewed Vehicle, it also gets "When this creature deals combat damage to a player, create that many treasure tokens" until end of turn.
Create five colorless 6/6 Vehicle artifact Monster Truck tokens with Crew 3.
This Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!
This is a big stalemate breaker in limited, if you keep just a single 3/x, you have inevitability through 6/6 for days. It may probably be the best rare card in a given draft format, but something has to be, and it's hard to make this win on the spot (although it can happen with the first ability.)
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Release the Mega-Maid! 1U
\\Unexpected Moonwalk//
Sorcery (U)
Hold your breath.
Scry 2, then draw a card. If you held your breath for 45 seconds or longer, instead scry 3, then draw 2 cards.
A cool concept for Universes Beyond, but physical activity cards are less inclusive. Even "say something" cards don't take into account people who can't do it, so I'd rather explore other concepts for silver border acorn stamped.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Agaetí Blödhren 4GR
Enchantment (M)
Whenever a nontoken dragon enters the battlefield under your control, seek an elf card. Elf cards in your hand perpetually get +1/+1 and gain haste. This ability triggers only once each turn
Whenever a nontoken elf etbs under your control, seek a dragon card. Dragon cards in your hand perpetually gain "This spell costs 1 less to cast," and "You may pay X rather than pay this spell's mana cost, where X is its mana value." This ability triggers only once each turn
As long as a nontoken elf and a nontoken dragon entered the battlefield under your control this turn, creatures you control have trample and double strike
I want this for my changeling deck. If the abilities only trigger once each turn, I don't see why make it nontoken. An elf token generator in your Elf/Dragon deck feels like part of the team, and it's sad to exclude it from the fun.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Transfixing Show 1BR
Sorcery
Each player chooses a creature they control. You choose two creatures and they fight. Goad the rest of the creatures.
Until the beginning of your next upkeep, creatures your opponents control can not block.
Is it "choose two creatures among them" ? And "Goad the rest of those creatures" ? Assuming it is true, it feels a bit underwhelming for a big commander match. Hardly the event of the century, seeing a 1/1 elf token fighting a 3/3, while two other tokens go attacking somewhere. Just let me choose the fighters even if this costs a little more.

Winner: TacticalCelebrant
Next: Card name includes your favorite word

Megiddo
MEG

i guess nobody ever learned how to read
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Favorite word you say?

South Sea Gem Nepenthes
1bgu
Creature - Plant (R)
When South Sea Gem Nepenthes enters the battlefield, for each opponent you have, create an X/X black, green, and blue Plant creature token named Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant, where X is the number of nonbasic lands that player controls.
1/4

IIW: Cleave
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Juancu

Grok UWB
Instant
Exile target creature or enchantment and create a token copy of it. Merge that token under target creature you control.

SPOILER
Show
Hide
It means 'fear', it means 'love', it means 'hate' – proper hate, for by the Martian 'map' you cannot hate anything unless you grok it, understand it so thoroughly that you merge with it and it merges with you – then you can hate it. By hating yourself. But this implies that you love it, too, and cherish it and would not have it otherwise.
IIW: warfare

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 2 years ago

Abscond With 3UU
Sorcery (R)
Until end of turn, creatures you control gain "Return this to its owner's hand: Gain control of target permanent with mana value equal to or less than this creatures power."

IIW: Bonus for appropriate land/creature/planeswalker types

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Fundamental Incuriosity 2U
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature's controller can't draw cards except the first card they draw each turn.
At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, if they have seven or more cards in hand, sacrifice Fundamental Incuriosity.

chetoos

I don't have a favorite word, but I do have some fancy words in cards that I have wanted to make for a while. Spoilers for FMA: Brotherhood.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Lust, the lascivious 2RR
Legendary Creature - Homunculus
When ~ dies, return it to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.
First Strike
Ultimate Spear - Creatures blocking or blocked by ~ lose first strike and double strike and can't have first strike or double strike.
3/3

Gluttony, the voracious 3GG
When ~ dies, return it to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.
Devour 2
Defective Portal of Truth - 2GB: Exile target nonland permanent with mana value less than or equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on gluttony. Put a +1/+1 counter on gluttony.
"Oh goody, I get to eat you!"
2/2

Envy, the jealous 3UB
Legendary Creature - Homunculus Shapeshifter
As envy the jealous enters the battlefield or at the beginning of your upkeep, you may have it become a copy of any creature, except it has this ability and "When this creature dies, return it to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step."
2/2

Greed, the avaricious 2BB
Greed gets +1/+0 for each artifact you control.
Ultimate Shield - Sacrifice 2 artifacts: Greed becomes indestructible until end of turn. Put a +1/+1 counter on greed.
3/3

Wrath, the furious 2RW
Legendary Creature - Homunculus Soldier
Double Strike
Ultimate Eye - Your opponents and permanents your opponents control with hexproof can be the targets of spells and abilities you control as though they didn't have hexproof.
Ward abilities can't counter spells and abilities you control.
"I can clearly see your weakness with my ultimate eye."
2/4

Sloth, the indolent 4GB
Whenever sloth attacks, you may exert it. If you do, it gets +4/+0 and gains "When this creature deals excess damage this turn, destroy target artifact or enchantment with mana value X or less, where X is the amount of excess damage dealt."
"I am... the fastest homunculus. Fighting all out is such a pain."
4/7

Pride, the arrogant 4BB
Legendary Creature - Homunculus Horror
Possession - 2B: Exile Pride, put a card with a shadow counter on it into its owner's graveyard, then return Pride to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.
Consume the Philosopher's stone - 2BB, : Exile target creature, then put a shadow counter on it.
Pride has all abilities of all creature cards exiled with a shadow counter on them.
The first homunculus, made in the image of their father.
5/5
Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Floccinaucinihilipilification 1W
Enchantment
When Floccinaucinihilipilification enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Counter the activated abilities of Treasure and Gold tokens.

IIW: Battlebond is back!
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Syzygy of Pygyzy UBR
Enchantment - Hex (R)
If a spell would cause a player to choose a single target, they choose three targets instead.
If a spell would cause a player to choose a single mode, they choose three modes instead.
If a spell would cause a player to lose exactly 1 life, they lose 3 life instead.

Iiw: Unfinity

TacticalCelebrant

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 2 years ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Favorite word you say?

South Sea Gem Nepenthes
1bgu
Creature - Plant (R)
When South Sea Gem Nepenthes enters the battlefield, for each opponent you have, create an X/X black, green, and blue Plant creature token named Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant, where X is the number of nonbasic lands that player controls.
1/4

IIW: Cleave
Mechanics: B
I think red cares a bit more about nonbasic lands than black. I could see this as GUR instead of BGU. Seems balanced enough.
Flavor: C
Everyone loves pitcher plants. Plants grow on lands. Good enough for me.
Scrabble score: 31
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Grok UWB
Instant
Exile target creature or enchantment and create a token copy of it. Merge that token under target creature you control.

SPOILER
Show
Hide
It means 'fear', it means 'love', it means 'hate' – proper hate, for by the Martian 'map' you cannot hate anything unless you grok it, understand it so thoroughly that you merge with it and it merges with you – then you can hate it. By hating yourself. But this implies that you love it, too, and cherish it and would not have it otherwise.
IIW: warfare
[/spoiler]
Mechanics: A
I like exploring this design space. Fusing things together is always fun, and if people can understand Mutate, they can probably understand this. However, this can get messier than Mutate because it can fuse practically any creature/enchantment onto practically any creature.
Flavor: A
Hating something so much that it becomes a part of you is a very strong feeling, and is represented well by this card.
Scrabble score: 9
Ink-Treader wrote:
2 years ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Abscond With 3UU
Sorcery (R)
Until end of turn, creatures you control gain "Return this to its owner's hand: Gain control of target permanent with mana value equal to or less than this creatures power."

IIW: Bonus for appropriate land/creature/planeswalker types
I'll assume you mean Nonland Permanent. If so, this is cool. Stealing stuff is powerful, so it should have a steep cost. Bouncing stuff back to your own hand limits what you can take and keeps your board from growing too out of control. In theory anyway.
Stealing stuff and running away. Yup. Does what it says on the tin.
Scrabble score: 22
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Fundamental Incuriosity 2U
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature's controller can't draw cards except the first card they draw each turn.
At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, if they have seven or more cards in hand, sacrifice Fundamental Incuriosity.

It's nice that you include an additional way to escape this effect, but getting there is pretty un-fun. If you've got 4 cards in hand when this hits you, you would have to not play anything, not even lands, for three turns to get back up to 7. That can be pretty punnishing. Most of the time it'd be easier to just get rid of the creature this is stuck to.
Not curious? Don't draw cards. Simple as that.
Scrabble score: 33
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I don't have a favorite word, but I do have some fancy words in cards that I have wanted to make for a while. Spoilers for FMA: Brotherhood.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Lust, the lascivious 2RR
First Strike
Ultimate Spear - Creatures blocking or blocked by ~ lose first strike and double strike and can't have first strike or double strike.
3/3

Gluttony, the voracious 3GG
Devour 2
Defective Portal of Truth - 2GB: Exile target nonland permanent with mana value less than or equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on gluttony. Put a +1/+1 counter on gluttony.
"Oh goody, I get to eat you!"
2/2

Envy, the jealous 3UB
Legendary Creature - Homunculus Shapeshifter
As envy the jealous enters the battlefield or at the beginning of your upkeep, you may have it become a copy of any creature, except it has this ability and "When this creature dies, return it to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step."
2/2

Greed, the avaricious 2BB
Greed gets +1/+0 for each artifact you control.
Ultimate Shield - Sacrifice 2 artifacts: Greed becomes indestructible until end of turn. Put a +1/+1 counter on greed.
3/3

Wrath, the furious 2RW
Legendary Creature - Homunculus Soldier
Double Strike
Ultimate Eye - Your opponents and permanents your opponents control with hexproof can be the targets of spells and abilities you control as though they didn't have hexproof.
Ward abilities can't counter spells and abilities you control.
"I can clearly see your weakness with my ultimate eye."
2/4

Sloth, the indolent 4GB
Whenever sloth attacks, you may exert it. If you do, it gets +4/+0 and gains "When this creature deals excess damage this turn, destroy target artifact or enchantment with mana value X or less, where X is the amount of excess damage dealt."
"I am... the fastest homunculus. Fighting all out is such a pain."
4/7

Pride, the arrogant 4BB
Legendary Creature - Homunculus Horror
Possession - 2B: Exile Pride, put a card with a shadow counter on it into its owner's graveyard, then return Pride to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.
Consume the Philosopher's stone - 2BB, : Exile target creature, then put a shadow counter on it.
Pride has all abilities of all creature cards exiled with a shadow counter on them.
The first homunculus, made in the image of their father.
5/5

Mechanics: Disqualified
Does not include your favorite word. And I am totally not using that as an excuse to not have to judge 7 cards at once. Nah, but seriously. These were a fun read, with fun words. I'd give them a B overall.
Good representations of character abilities on cards.
Scrabble score: 188
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Floccinaucinihilipilification 1W
Enchantment
When Floccinaucinihilipilification enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Counter the activated abilities of Treasure and Gold tokens.

IIW: Battlebond is back!
Mechanics: C
Pretty straightforward hate card. I see a lot of decks that rely on treasure tokens, and there aren't a ton of cards that interact with them specifically. The time might be right for a card that counters that strategy. Other than that, this isn't super exciting mechanically.
"The action or habit of estimating something as worthless." Huh. Neat. Spot interpretation, and cool word.
Scrabble score: 48
Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Syzygy of Pygyzy UBR
Enchantment - Alignment (R)
If a spell would cause a player to choose a single target, they choose three targets instead.
If a spell would cause a player to choose a single mode, they choose three modes instead.
If a spell would cause a player to lose exactly 1 life, they lose 3 life instead.

Iiw: 3
I'm not sure how this would work in a lot of situations. Like,would you not be able to cast Counterspell if there was only one spell on the stack to target? If a card has only two modes to choose from, like Abrade, would you not be able to cast it because you can't choose three? That aside, this would be a pretty cool card to build around. Some sort of Charm based deck. Alignment as a subtype would imply other neat "choose x instead" cards.
"A conjunction or opposition, especially of the moon with the sun." Cool. I can see this representing things lining up. That's a pretty cool way to represent the idea on a card.
Scrabble score: 48

Winner: Juancu
Next: Warfare

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Thanks. There were a lot of interactions to consider when designing it but I'm pretty sure it would work as you suspect. It's supposed to be a semi-hoser in certain circumstances. I did have a few more ideas for "choose X" and that is what alignment is supposed to represent. I changed it to hex because alignment seemed overly specific (also it had 3 letters to stay in theme.)

Psychological Gorilla uugG
Creature - Ape Soldier (R)
You may cast Psychological Gorilla from the top of your library if you looked at it this turn.
Flash, reach
When Psychological Gorilla enters the battlefield, if you cast it from anywhere other than your hand, or no mana was spent to cast it, choose one -
Counter target creature spell.
Destroy target noncreature permanent.
Sometimes a banana isn't just a banana.
3/3

Iiw: Lost Civilizations
Last edited by Pygyzy 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

chetoos

more FMA: Brotherhood spoilers, guess I'm just on a kick.
Ishvallan war of Extermination 2BB
Enchantment - Saga
| - Sacrifice a creature. When you do, destroy target creature an opponent controls.
|| - Sacrifice up to two lands, then draw that many cards. Legendary creature and planeswalker spells you cast this turn cost 2 less to cast.
||| - Ishvallan war of extermination deals damage to each creature your opponents control equal to the number of creatures and planeswalkers you control.

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 2 years ago

I did indeed intend nonland permanent.

Encirclement WBR
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant opponent
As long as you control more creatures than enchanted player, that player can't gain life or create tokens.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control at least three more creatures than enchanted player, that player loses 4 life.
Patience can be the cruelest virtue in war.

IIW: Wedges

Juancu

Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
Psychological Gorilla uugG
Creature - Ape Soldier (R)
You may cast Psychological Gorilla from the top of your library if you looked at it this turn.
Flash, reach
When Psychological Gorilla enters the battlefield, if you cast it from anywhere other than your hand, or no mana was spent to cast it, choose one -
Counter target creature spell.
Destroy target noncreature permanent.
Sometimes a banana isn't just a banana.
3/3
Is this supposed to be Acorn, right? (the new symbol for UN cards) Because just by looking at it, it's still hidden information. Like, what if it's the last card in your library, you look at it, and shuffle. Did you look at it or not?
If it is UN, it's a fun minigame.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
more FMA: Brotherhood spoilers, guess I'm just on a kick.
Ishvallan war of Extermination 2BB
Enchantment - Saga
| - Sacrifice a creature. When you do, destroy target creature an opponent controls.
|| - Sacrifice up to two lands, then draw that many cards. Legendary creature and planeswalker spells you cast this turn cost 2 less to cast.
||| - Ishvallan war of extermination deals damage to each creature your opponents control equal to the number of creatures and planeswalkers you control.
Weakish I, very strong II and III. You can even use the 2 lands you sacrifice for mana that turn, and with all costing 2 less, I could see someone easily dropping 16 mana of creatures/planeswalkers that turn (aided by the 2 extra cards.) Then if they survive just 1 turn...
Anyways, good design that may need to cost extra depending on the format.
Ink-Treader wrote:
2 years ago
Encirclement WBR
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant opponent
As long as you control more creatures than enchanted player, that player can't gain life or create tokens.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control at least three more creatures than enchanted player, that player loses 4 life.
Patience can be the cruelest virtue in war.
This could be a good build around card for an attrition strategy, but I wonder what would that deck look like... I usually keep more than 3 creatures than my opponents, but I don't win just by attacking? Is my deck all walls or something? And hosing lifegain and tokens may turn this into a sideboard option card, but then it's super narrow costing 3 colors and doing nothing in a low creature count deck.

Winner: chetoos
Next: IIW: Wedge cards with mana costs of (Generic)MNNO (Where N is U for temur, or B for Abzan.)

Juancu

What's with today?

Maw of Greed XUGGB
Creature - Horror
Delve
When you cast Maw of Greed, choose two cards from your graveyard with combined mana costs equal to Maw of Greed's mana cost. If you do, an opponent chooses one of them. Cast that card without paying its mana cost.
3/3
A cycle
Show
Hide
Spirit of Resilience XGBBW
Creature - Spirit
Convoke
When you cast Spirit of Resilience, choose two cards from your graveyard with combined mana costs equal to Spirit of Resilience's mana cost. If you do, an opponent chooses one of them. Cast that card without paying its mana cost.
3/4

Scourge of Wrath XRWWB
Creature - Demon
Scourge of Wrath costs 1 less to cast for each creature that attacked this turn.
When you cast Scourge of Wrath, choose two cards from your graveyard with combined mana costs equal to Scourge of Wrath's mana cost. If you do, an opponent chooses one of them. Cast that card without paying its mana cost.
4/2

Paragon of Inspiration XWRRU
Creature - Efreet Artificer
Affinity for Artifacts
When you cast Paragon of Inspiration, choose two cards from your graveyard with combined mana costs equal to Paragon of Inspiration's mana cost. If you do, an opponent chooses one of them. Cast that card without paying its mana cost.
2/2

Weaver of Leylines XGUUR
Creature - Spider
Flash
Weaver of Leylines costs 3 less to cast if there are three or more instant and/or sorcery cards in your graveyard.
When you cast Weaver of Leylines, choose two cards from your graveyard with combined mana costs equal to Weaver of Leylines' mana cost. If you do, an opponent chooses one of them. Cast that card without paying its mana cost.
1/3
IIW: There's no one here!

Megiddo
MEG

Narset, Mind Afire URRW
Legendary Planeswalker — Narset {M}
+1: Exile the top two cards of your library. You may put a noncreature, nonland card exiled this way into your hand.
-3: Choose any target, then exile the top three cards of your library. Narset deals damage to that permanent or player equal to the highest mana value among the exiled cards. You gain that much life.
-7: You get an emblem with "You may cast cards you own from exile."
{4}

IIW: the teachings of Ojutai
MEG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”