NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Reckless Demolition 3RR
Sorcery (U)
Destroy target land and each Fortification attached to it. Reckless Demolition deals 2 damage to each creature.

IIW: Famous legendary creatures as children
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Juancu
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

The Art of Destruction 2URB
Enchantment (R)
You may look at the top card of your library any time,
Discard a card: Scry 1. The next spell you cast this turn may be cast from the top of your library.
Whenever you cast a spell from the top of your library, you may destroy target permanent with the same mana value as that spell.

IIW: Alliteration

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 2 years ago

Judgments
Show
Hide
Krishnath: You do enjoy your rampage, eh? Big beater that's very difficult to profitably block, but no protection, so it's not unbearable, and the triggered ability lets one sacrifice basic lands to avoid any loss.
chetoos: Sorcery or instant? Flavor is darkly amusing.
Krishnath: Neat idea for an uncard. Difficult to cost both fairly and attractively, however.
Cythare: A diminutive Star of Extinction (with extra utility in a relevant setting, at the cost of PW burn). It does feel generally more expensive than one wants to play for either effect, but again, a card that is tough to cost fairly and attractively.
Juancu: An interesting twist on Future Sight. Having to discard to cast from the top is quite costly, though it does give back if you have something to destroy.
Conclusion
Show
Hide
Winner: Krishnath (for Paint a Landscape)
HM: chetoos
Next challenge: Let's go on an adventure (as in the card type).

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Map to Azlant 2
Artifact
1, T: Scry 1 and put a landmark counter on Map of the Lost City. Then if there are three or more landmark counters on it, remove those counters, transform Map to Azlant.

Rumors of the Lost City UG
Sorcery - Adventure
You may play an additional land this turn. Draw a card.

---------
Azlant, the Lost City
Legendary Land
T: Add UG.
2, T: Create three Treasure tokens.

IIW: Combine two Set Mechanics from different blocks.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Phyrexian Editor

Post by Phyrexian Editor » 2 years ago

Sunder the Chains rr
Sorcery — Adventure {U}
Destroy two target artifacts.

Embittered Troll 2g
Creature — Troll {U}
If Embittered Troll was cast from exile, it enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it and it gains haste and trample until end of turn.
3/3

IIW: A curse with some randomness
Last edited by Phyrexian Editor 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Witch Patissier 2BB
Creature — Human Warlock (R)
Menace
When Witch Patissier enters the battlefield, gain control of target creature with a -1/-1 counter on it for as long as Witch Patissier remains on the battlefield.
3/2
-------
Poisoned Treats 1B
Sorcery — Adventure (R)
Put a -1/-1 counter on each of up to two target creatures.

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

happy to see krishnath got the win so we can do adventure time

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Dragon 7
Creature - Dragon (U)
Flying
Dragon is all colors.
Hexproof from room abilities of dungeons.
4/4
Dungeon 1
Sorcery - Adventure Lesson (U)
Venture into the dungeon.

Iiw: Unfinity

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Jake the dog 2GR
Legendary Creature - Dog Shapeshifter
1: Jake gets +1/-1 or -1/+1 until end of turn.
2: Jake gets your choice of trample, haste, first strike, vigilance, or reach until end of turn.
3/4
///
Jake Suit GW
Instant - Adventure
Target creature you control gets +2/+2 and gains indestructible until end of turn. When that creature is dealt lethal damage this turn, put Jake The Dog from exile into your graveyard.

Finn the Human 1RW
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior
Whenever an equipment becomes attached to Finn the Human, unattach all other equipment from Finn.
As long as Finn is equipped, he gets +3/+0 and has first strike
2/3
///
Adventure Time 1GR
Sorcery - Adventure
Look at the top 5 cards of your library. You may reveal a creature card and an artifact card from among them. Put the revealed cards in your hand, and put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
Come on, grab your friends.

IIW: MTG What If

Juancu

Hecatles, From Zero to Hero WW
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior (M)
Double Strike, Vigilance
As a creature you control dies to the legend rule, you may put its counters on a permanent with the same name.
Training Montage XGG
Sorcery - Adventure
Create a 0/2 white Human legendary creature token named Hecatles, From Zero to Hero. Put X +1/+1 counters on it.
1/2

Absentminded Student 2G
Creature - Human (C)
When Absentminded Student enters the battlefield, gain 1 life and draw a card.
Through the Rabbit Hole 1U
Sorcery - Adventure
The next time a creature enters the battlefield under your control this turn, exile it, then return it to the battlefield.
1/1

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

Hmmm..... Interesting....

I't roughly a quarter to ten in the morning, I'll be doing the laundry at around eleven or so, and once that is done, somewhere between one and two in the afternoon for me, I'll be judging. So if you have any last minute entries, now is the time.

Edit: To Late now, judging is commencing.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Ulka: Interesting combination of mechanics, combining both the Adventure and Transform mechanics. I am a bit wary about the land, due to it making three treasure tokens. But it is a solid card, and I could see myself playing it in green/blue decks.

Phyrexian Editor: Way, way, way over powered for an uncommon. 3 mana for a 5/5 with no downside is quite spicy. The Sorcery part is fine though.

Cythare: Love the card something fierce, but the fact that there is no mention of food tokens anywhere on a card representing a pastry chef makes me a sad dragon.

Pygyzy: What in any world would make this an acceptable uncommon? As a rare I could see it in print, but not as an uncommon. The issue is primarily the Dungeon portion, as it feels undercosted compared to other such abilities.

Chetoos: Love the Adventure Time theme. The cards seem balanced and would be fun to build around. I kinda want both Finn and Jake to have "Partner with" the other half of the duo, but I disgress. Also, now I really want a UB Adventure Time, and Marceline the Vampire Queen (probably my favorite character from the series).

Juancu: Nice reference to the Legend of Hercules (even if the bastarized Disney version). Hecatles can be very, very powerful under the right circumstances, which aren't hard to achieve in green. Absentminded Student is a fun combo on its own, if you have the mana for it. Through the Rabbit Hole can also combo nicely with other come into play effects. I like it.

Winner: @chetoos, but it was damn close.
Runner-up: Cythare, you only lost because of the lack of food.
HM: Everyboddy else, lots of good ideas, although some felt undercosted or overpowered for what they do.

Next Up: MTG What if...?

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

chetoos

Krishnath wrote:
2 years ago
Chetoos: Love the Adventure Time theme. The cards seem balanced and would be fun to build around. I kinda want both Finn and Jake to have "Partner with" the other half of the duo, but I disgress. Also, now I really want a UB Adventure Time, and Marceline the Vampire Queen (probably my favorite character from the series).
Thanks for the kind review. I was considering a Simon Petrikov, Ice King card with the adventure related to the crown, but didn't get a chance to post it before the time was up. Looking forward to seeing the alternate versions of our favorite characters!

Phyrexian Editor

So the challenge is to make a Planar Chaos-style alternate take on a known character?
Krishnath wrote:
2 years ago
Phyrexian Editor: Way, way, way over powered for an uncommon. 3 mana for a 5/5 with no downside is quite spicy. The Sorcery part is fine though.
The "downside" is that there have to be two artifacts on the battlefield to destroy, so unless you put lots of Ornithopters in your deck you're not casting it as a 5/5 on turn 3.

chetoos

Phyrexian Editor wrote:
2 years ago
So the challenge is to make a Planar Chaos-style alternate take on a known character?
That is the idea, yeah, similar to the Marvel What If show. Color pie shifts are ok, but no color pie breaks, just "What if something different happened?"

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Koth, the Unsparked 2RR
Legendary Creature - Human Rebel (M)
Protection from Red, Haste
When Koth, the Unsparked enters the battlefield, Koth the Unsparked deals X damage to each creature where X is the number of basic mountains you control.
1R, T: Koth deals 2 damage to target creature. If that creature would die this turn, exile it instead.
3/3

IIW: A new card for the Signature Spellbook: Koth
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Phyrexian Editor

Bolas, Alpha and Omega 5wubrg
Legendary Planeswalker — Bolas {MR}
When Bolas, Alpha and Omega enters the battlefield, if you cast it, each player discards their hand, sacrifices each other permanent they control, then exiles their graveyard.
[+1] Create a 1/1 colorless Supplicant creature token.
[0] Tap any number of untapped permanents you control. Draw a card for each permanent tapped this way.
[-5] Return a card called Bolas, Alpha and Omega from the battlefield or your graveyard to its owner's hand.
<1>

IIW: Phyrexia invades Alara

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Thalia, Desecrator of Thraben 1R
Legendary Creature — Human Warlock (R)
Haste, prowess
Noncreature spells cost 1 less to cast.
"Thraben was once my home, but I will raze these hallowed halls."
2/1

Last edited by Cythare 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Ugin, the End of Everything
4cccc
Legendary Planeswalker - Ugin (M)
As long as it's your turn, you control all other players.
Ugin, the End of Everything has the loyalty abilities of all planeswalker cards in all graveyards.
+2: Exile target permanent that is one or more colors. Draw a card.
-12: Each opponent who doesn't control a colorless nonland permanent loses the game.
<7>
They foiled one Elder Dragon's master plan, but in the process enabled an even greater evil.

What if Ugin usurped the Elder Spell at the exact moment Bontu bit Bolas, absorbing all the sparks including Bolas's?

Corpse of Geralf
ub
Legendary Creature - Zombie Wizard (R)
Undying
1ub, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Corpse of Geralf: Put a +1/+1 counter on another target creature.
2/1
"NOOO!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BROTHER?!" -Ghoulcaller Gisa

IIW: UB: Alice in Wonderland
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Juancu

Remove Soul WB
Instant
Counter target creature spell. Then choose Body or Soul.
Body - Its controller creates a copy of that creature except it has no abilities. You draw a card.
Soul - Its controller creates a copy of that creature except it has base power and toughness 0/1. You gain 3 life.

(I went on a mechanical direction: what if WB countered creature spells. But I want to do crazy stuff, so here is something that counters half a creature: either its body, or its abilities.)

Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 5 times in total.

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 2 years ago

God-Eternal Hazoret 3RR
Legendary Creature - Zombie God (M)
Haste
At the beginning of combat, you may discard a card. If you do, God-Eternal Hazoret deals damage equal to the greatest mana value among cards discarded this way to target creature or planeswalker and 2 damage to you.
When God-Eternal Hazoret dies or is put into exile from the battlefield, you may put it into its owner's library third from the top.
5/5

Pull from Oblivion 2WW
Sorcery (R)
Return target permanent card with mana value X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield, where X is the number of cards in exile you own plus the number of phased out permanents you own.
Buyback 2WW
It took months of work and magic, but Teferi and his allies were able to restore Zhalfir to its place in Dominaria.

IIW: creature type Dreadnought

chetoos

@Megiddo I'm not going to be able to judge this well, can you take over? Something personal came up.

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur

Post by vishamon » 2 years ago

Norin the Reckless
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior (R)
Norin the Reckless attacks each turn if able.
Dash 1r
"I have a great feeling about this!"
2/1

IIW: Signpost uncommon for a draft archetype in a future set.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Phyrexian Editor wrote:
2 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
2 years ago
The "downside" is that there have to be two artifacts on the battlefield to destroy, so unless you put lots of Ornithopters in your deck you're not casting it as a 5/5 on turn 3.
Still feels to powerful for an uncommon. And considering just how many cheap artifacts are in MTG to begin with, it's not really a drawback unless nobody at the table runs artifacts.

Anyway, on to the challenge.

Avacyn the Pure 4WUBRG
Legendary Creature - Angel (M)
Flying, Vigilance, Ward - 4
Avacyn the Pure costs you one colored mana less to cast for each planeswalker of that color you control.
Other permanents you control have Ward - 4
"It took the combined efforts of her creator and the Gatewatch, but the guardian of Innistrad was cleansed of her corruption."
7/7

IIW: Rare creatures.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
@Megiddo I'm not going to be able to judge this well, can you take over? Something personal came up.
Yes, I can.

Will take a look later today! Get your entries in.
MEG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”