NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Bountiful Farmstead WG
Enchantment (R)
When Bountiful Farmstead enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 white Serf creature token.
Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, choose one:
  • Create a 0/1 white Goat creature token.
  • Put a crop counter on target land without a crop counter on it. For as long as that land has a crop counter on it, it has" : Create a Food Token. (It's an artifact with "2, Tap, Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life.").
(The land continues to grow Food after Bountiful Farmstead has left the battlefield.)
"Livestock or Crops - the Farmer's dilemma for his new lands"

IIW:Oozes
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

@NinjaCaterpie it's time
MEG

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America

Post by Flatline » 3 years ago

Eager Explorer r
Creature — Goblin Scout(U)
Haste
Eager Explorer attacks each turn if able.
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, return Eager Explorer to its owner's hand.
2/1

IIW: Party!!!!
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
(25 Total) - October 2014; December 2014; January 2015; April 2015; June 2015; August 2015; September 2015; November 2015; December 2015(T); January 2016; March 2016(T); April 2016; June 2016; October 2016; December 2016(T); February 2017; April 2017; December 2017; November 2018(T); January 2019; April 2019; June 2019; August 2019; October 2019; March 2020
MCC
Show
Hide
(8 Total) - May 2015; May 2016; June 2016; August 2016; October 2016; December 2016; October 2017; May 2019
CCL
Show
Hide
(7 Total) - September 2015; October 2015; January 2016; March 2016; April 2016; July 2016(T); March 2019(T)

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

chetoos: There's a lot going on here. Returning to hand so you can retrigger mutate is interesting, but if it's mutated won't the entire mutated blob go back? That seems... very slow.

lookingupanddown: Intense. It's a weird landfall trigger because you don't really need it to go off multiple times and it's not a great play pattern if it does. I do like the potential tradeoff between dropping non-Plains now or Plains later but it'd only be some of the time.

void_nothing: Ooh, a sorcery with landfall. Haven't seen that since OG Zen block. The abilities seem a little detached but the payoff is very cool.

jamblock: Ramp hate in the ramp colours so they can maindeck it and catch up in the mirror when they lowroll? We call this one the Play Design Special. Current standard grievances aside, it's a good equaliser but it might do too much on either end to be fun.

Megiddo: That's... that's a Magic card alright. I feel like it wants to be in an aggressive deck but it's really just going to combo with Sundial of the Infinite in someone's Commander deck.

Bountiful Farmstead: hah, callback to Obsidian Fireheart. The flavour works well, although it's a bit... boring. The Food option also hard outweighs the Goat and just starts to pump out a lot of unnecessary life after one or two triggers.

Flatline: Interesting. Similar to chetoos' card but this time you might actually want to return it to dodge the always attack. Might lead to some clever play, especially once fetches are thrown in the mix.

Winner: void_nothing
HM: Flatline

next: A card from a modernized sequel to a pre-block-system set (like Coldsnap was for Ice Age)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

That was my previous IIW but I actually like it better, so please do that one
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

i think i put more effort into that entry than any other card I've posted on MTG nexus
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

like i did research even.

speaking of research, valid sets for this appear to be:
Arabian Nights
Antiquities
Legends
The Dark
Fallen Empires
Homelands*
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Homelands*
* good luck

Megiddo
MEG

City Goblins RW
Creature — Goblin {R}
Banding
Whenever City Goblins is dealt damage, it deals that much damage to target opponent.
Desperate to avoid persecution, some goblins foolishly attempted to ingratiate themselves with the very knights who had sworn to kill them.
1/1

IIW: A party-like mechanic that counts something else
MEG

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Homelands*
* good luck
Thank you very much.

Feroz's Ward
Enchantment (U)
Whenever you tap permanent opponent controls, gain 3 life and scry 1.
: Tap target creature opponent controls.
The Wizard School survived two-years long siege from sea by invoking its creator's rituals.

Ihsan's Remorse
Instant (U)
Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of creature cards in all graveyards. Each player gains X life.
"You call me betrayer, rightfully. I only hope that one day you will call me a 'redeemed' one as well."
-Ihsan

Dark Mist
Creature - Wall (U)
Defender, flash
Whenever Dark Mist or another creature with defender you control dies, target opponent discards a card unless they sacrifice a creature.
"Passing through fog near Baron's castle might be dangerous to your wellbeing, darling, mental or otherwise."
-Grandmother Sengir

0/4

Anaba Spellcrafter
Creature - Minotaur Wizard (U)
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Anaba Spellcrafter deals 1 damage to any target.
Whenever you cast a Minotaur spell, Anaba Spellcrafter deals damage to any target equal to that spell's toughness.
"Master Taysir was right - there is much to learn from Anabas, especially in those dire times."
Baki, Wizard Attendat

3/2

Eron's Hounds
Creature - Vampire Dog (U)
Haste
When Eron's Hounds enters the battlefield, creatures with toughness less then the amount of life their controler lost this turn can't block this turn.
"He consider them to be just a trade agreement with Baron. Let's see how long it would take them to bite him back."
-Reyhan, Samite Alchemist

1/1

Valdrane's Hunt
Sorcery (U)
Target creature opponent controls gains "When this creature dies this turn, its controler loses life equal to its toughness", then it fights target creature you control.
While Ihsan commanded Baron's armies, Valdrane was tasked with an assasination of both Rashka and Soraya, a task he gladly took upon.

Thieves' Mischief
Instant (U)
Choose one:
- Thieves' Mischief deals 2 damage to target creature.
- Destroy target artifact.
Raid - If you attacked with a creature this turn, choose two. You might choose the same option twice.
"Chandler and Joven are the only thing that bother Erron this days, but to what degree!"
-Halina, dwarven trader

Aysen Guardian
Creature - Human Soldier (U)
First strike
Other creatures with first strike you control gets +1/+1.
, : Target creature gains first strike until end of turn.
"We have to fight back, calling upon our faith in Serra, even as Hazduhr and Murat have been lost."
-Baris, Serra Inquisitor

2/3

Willow's Emmisary
Creature - Fearie (U)
Flying
Other Faeries you control gets +0/+2.
Whenever a Faerie you control becomes target of a spell or ability opponent controls, gain 1 life.
"I hate them! I hate their tiny wings, humming in the night and spreading her disgusting warmth!"
-Irini Sengir

2/3

River's Kelp
Creature - Plant Wall (U)
Defender
River's Kelp enters the battlefield with 4 +1/+1 counters on it.
Remove a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control: Tap a creature with the least toughness among the untapped creatures.
"I can feel as if in home."
-Kakra, Sea Troll

0/0

I am not sure how it became "toughness matter" design, but I do not regret it. Guess it something Wizards have not really made yet and would fit perfectly with the low power of Homelands.

IIW: A fine stroll
Last edited by Lorn Asbord Schutta 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Ulka

Ashnod, the UncaringBR
Legendary Creature - Human Artificer (Rare)
Fear
Whenever you activate a non mana activated ability of an artifact, reveal the top card of your library. If it is an artifact, Ashnod deals damage equal to its converted mana cost.
"My Master feels anything is possible while my patients feel pain is the only thing"
3/1

IIW: Oozes

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 years ago

Taysir as One 3WUBRG
Legendary Planeswalker - Taysir
+2 Another target permanent gains indestructible until your next upkeep. Draw a card. Target player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life. Taysir as One deals 1 damage to any target. Untap up to one target land.
-3 Add WUBRG. You gain 1 life for each color among other permanents you control.
-15 Reveal any number of cards from your hand. You may cast those cards without paying their mana costs. Taysir as One deals X damage to target player, where X is the total converted mana cost of cards revealed this way.

IIW: re-do a card banned in any format that isn't Vintage
Last edited by lookingupanddown 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Judging tomorrow, at least hopefully.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

Argivian Elder 1GU
Artifact Creature — Treefolk Artificer {R}
Vigilance
Argivian Elder gets +1/+1 for each color among artifacts you control.
T: For each color among artifacts you control, add one mana of that color.
Its wide-reaching cables draw more than power.
0/0

IIW: LOVE
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Wow, is it %$#% time already?

Megiddo
MEG

i mean, you're asking me that question?
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Megiddo - The Dark, huh? I think that's a wilder choice than Homelands tbh, because at least the Homelands had some themes to build on. Still, I'm an absolute sucker for banding, and the way it works with the triggered ability is genius - plus being a totally randomly multicolored Goblin is about as on theme for The Dark as you can get.

Lorn Asbord Schutta - Giving me the whole cycle of signpost uncommons is unbelievably high-effort for this thread and I have to applaud you for that, especially since the flavor looks on point for all of them. I know you explained why you were going for toughness matters but tbh it makes some of the themes a bit too similar. My faves are Feroz's Ward, Ihsan's Remorse, and Aysen Guardian because they're relatively out-there while still feeling like they could be attached to a theme.

Ulka - Is the use of fear supposed to invoke the idea of being made around the same time as Coldsnap? :teach: The triggered ability is incomplete - I'm assuming it's supposed to be to any target - but really all this does is invite infinites, and at least Crackdown Construct needs to be an unblocked attacker to win the game...

lookingupanddown - This really DOES feel like full-power Taysir, with the exception of the -3 - compared to the plus ability, it feels downright weak. Actually the plus feels like the marquee ability of the whole card, since it would take so damn long to get to the ultimate, and 3WUBRG is expensive even for abilities this powerful. Normally it wins you the game outright.

Megiddo again - :meg:

HM: Lorn Asbord Schutta
Winner: @Megiddo
Next: A party-like mechanic that counts something else

Ulka

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Ulka - Is the use of fear supposed to invoke the idea of being made around the same time as Coldsnap? :teach: The triggered ability is incomplete - I'm assuming it's supposed to be to any target - but really all this does is invite infinites, and at least Crackdown Construct needs to be an unblocked attacker to win the game...
Whoops it was supposed to be player, as Ashnod was a torturer and mishra's apprentice thus going for the "Planeswalker/Player" . Fear was mostly due to the artifact synergy of Antiquities.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Riverwheel Chaser 2U
Creature - Djinn Monk (R)
Flying
Whenever Riverwheel Chaser attacks or blocks, reveal your hand. Riverwheel Chaser gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is the number of cards in your mantra. (Up to one noncreature card with each converted mana cost from 1 to 5 in your hand and/or graveyard can be in your mantra.)
U, Discard a card: Untap target creature.
0/4

IIW: Big multicolored idiots

Megiddo
MEG

I, uh, will judge tomorrow I guess?
MEG

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 3 years ago

Dominant Flames 1R
Sorcery - (U)
Dominant Flames deals X damage to any target, where X is the number of lands in your domain (Your domain consists of up to one each of Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, and Forest.)

IIW: Strictly worse reprints.
"Image"

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Stapler wrote:
3 years ago
Dominant Flames 1R
Sorcery - (U)
Dominant Flames deals X damage to any target, where X is the number of lands in your domain (Your domain consists of up to one each of Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, and Forest.)

IIW: Strictly worse reprints.

Ulka

Peer Too Deep 3UB
Sorcery (Uncommon)
This card costs 1 less for each creature in your coven. (Your coven consists of up to one of each of Shaman, Spellshaper, Warlock, and Wizard)
Count the number of cards in your library. Scry that number. Draw a card. Then shuffle your library.
"When peering into a diabolic mind, its best to not lose your way."

IIW: Oozes

Post by avatarz » 3 years ago

Clyathon, Speller of Omens 1UB
Creature — Demigod Advisor (R)
Deathtouch
When ~ enters the battlefield, name a nonland card for each permanent in your pantheon, then shuffle your library and look at the top six cards of it. You may cast a card among them that has one of the chosen names without paying its mana cost, then put the others on the bottom of your library in a random order. (Your pantheon consist of all gods and demigods with different names you control.)
2/2

IIW: Fix standard
Last edited by avatarz 3 years ago, edited 8 times in total.

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

Tarmoloth 3GG
Creature - Beast (U)
Versatility - Whenever Tarmoloth attacks, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each type among permanents you control. (Permanent types are artifact, creature, enchantment, land, planeswalker, and tribal).
4/4

IIW: Ramp and lifegain on one card.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”