void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 5 days ago

Today's Challenge: Improve one of MtG's worst cards

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
shullz 48 (+5)
void_nothing 48 (+4)
OneAndOnly 47 (+0)
netn10 47 (+3)
Komandon 30 (+1)
Dedede3669 28
TessaMTG 26 (+2)
YoTed 25 (+1)
LandellXil0cent 20 (+0)
Ink-Treader 16
KB52665 16
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.

Eminence commander for Hellions
shullz wrote:
6 days ago
Votes: void_nothing, YoTed

IIW: A pair of commanders that partner only with each other. (Like Chakram Slinger amd Chakram Retriever)
netn10 wrote:
6 days ago
Votes: shullz, TessaMTG

It of Senseless Destruction BRGW
Legendary Creature - Hellion (Mythic)
Eminence — As long as It of Senseless Destruction is in the command zone or on the battlefield, other Hellion spells you cast have "This spell cost 1 less to cast for each permenant you sacrificed this turn."
Ward - Sacrifice three permenants
Whenever you sacrifice a permenant, each opponent sacrifice a permenant of the same type.
5/5

IIW: Four colors
TessaMTG wrote:
6 days ago
VOTES: shullz, void_nothing

Totally not a Terraria reference.
IIW: A 2-color legendary that would be the uncommon "draft archetype" legendary of a set.
YoTed wrote:
6 days ago
Vote: shullz, netn10

IIW: Insect Planeswalkers
LandellXil0cent wrote:
6 days ago
Votes: net 10, shullz

The Earthshaker
Legendary Creature - Hellion (M)
Eminence - Whenever a land card is put into a graveyard, as long as The Earthshaker is on the battlefield or in the command zone, put a +1/+1 counter on each Hellion you control.
Trample
, Sacrifice a land: Each creature you control gains "This creature gets +1/+1 for each land card in your graveyard."
4/4

IIW: Card named "The Great One"
OneAndOnly wrote:
6 days ago
Votes: TessaMTG, void_nothing
Farrrlashh, Span of Fire -- 3RRR
Legendary Creature - Hellion {M}
Eminence -- As long as Farrrlashh, Span of Fire is in the command zone or on the battlefield, whenever you cast a commander spell, you may exile three cards from the top of your library. If you do, you may cast them this turn and they cost RRR less to cast.
5/6
Next: 0-mana Sorceries
void_nothing wrote:
6 days ago
Votes: netn10, Komandon

Obosh and Thromok 4BRG
Legendary Creature - Hellion Horror (M)
Eminence - Whenever a Hellion enters the battlefield under your control, if Obosh and Thromok is in the command zone or on the battlefield, that permanent deals 1 damage to any target.
Obosh and Thromok can't be blocked except by three or more creatures.
BR, Pay 3 life: Destroy each creature your opponents control that was dealt damage by a source with odd mana value this turn.
Whenever a creature dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Obosh and Thromok for each creature that died this turn.
5/7

IIW: Mass destruction of something other than creatures
Komandon wrote:
6 days ago
Votes: shullz (nice synergy and throwback to a famous bad card) , void_nothing

Perniciosa, Mother of Discord 2BRG
Legendary Creature — Human Horror.
Eminence - Hellions have haste and cost X less to cast where X is the amount of damage dealt to you this turn as long as Perniciosa, Mother of Discord is in the command zone or on the battlefield.
At the beginning of your precombat mainphase you may have Perniciosa deal damage to you equal to her power. The next creature you cast is a Hellion in addition to its other types and enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter. (This does not end at the end of turn.)
3/5

IIW: Cereal or junk food mascot.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

shullz

Post by shullz » 5 days ago

Votes: LandellXil0cent, void_nothing

I also had ideas for Wood Elemental, Juju Bubble and Lotus Guardian, but I'll do One with Nothing to stay on theme with my card from two days ago:

IIW: Discard and mill on the same card.

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 5 days ago

Votes: LandellXil0cent, TessaMTG

Scornful Weaver 7U
Creature — Human Wizard Mutant (Common)
Morph U
Whenever you cast Scornful Weaver, draw a card for each different mana value among nonland permenants you control.
Scornful Weaver gets +1/+1 for each different mana value among nonland permenants you control.
"Once I was human wizard. Now I am far more."
1/1

IIW: Maro's teasers

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 5 days ago

Votes: -- netn10, TessaMTG
Soooo many bad cards to choose from.
Not My Actual Submission
Show
Hide
King's Highway -- 3WWW
Enchantment {R}
When King's Highway enters, put a plainswalk token on each creature you control.
Creatures you control get +1/+1 for each ability counter on them.
Found in the Mud -- 2R
Sorcery {R}
Target player exiles all land cards in their graveyard. For each card exiled this way, you create a Treasure token.
Next: Full strength
Last edited by OneAndOnly 4 days ago, edited 1 time in total.

YoTed

Post by YoTed » 5 days ago

Vote: Shullz, void_nothing

IIW: mythic rare Walls

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 4 days ago

Votes: void_nothing , shullz

Cephalid Snitch

Back-alley Snitch 1u
Creature — Cephalid Rogue (uncommon)
Sacrifice Back-alley Snitch: Target creature loses all abilities until end of turn.
1/1

IIW: bonus for casting with desert, snow, or cave source.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 days ago

Votes: shullz, TessaMTG
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”