void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

CCL June Finals/Round 5

"Colors Rolling Down"

Witch-Maw Nephilim, taken from Tumblr, by Greg Staples and Wizards of the Coast
Welcome to the Card Creation League! Everyone is free to participate in either or both of the first two rounds. Come join us!

Theme

It's Rainbow Month here at the CCL. Every color in Magic is important, and they're all needed at once and in equal measure for the game to function.

Challenge
Design five cards that all share a card type. The first must be monocolored, the second must be two colors and share a color with the first, the third must be three colors and share both colors with the second, the fourth must be four colors and share all three colors with the third, and the last must be five-colored.
Clarifications
Show
Hide
  • Make sure to include a rarity.
Contestants:

@slimytrout
@Henlock
Your submissions are tentatively due Sunday, August 7th, 23:59 EST.
Schedule
  • Round 1 — Open to Everyone (June 1st-12th)
  • Round 2 — Open to Everyone (June 13th-18th)
  • Rounds 1 and 2 Critiques (Due June 20th)
  • Top 6 — Open to top 6 finishers (June 30th–July 5th)
  • Top 6 Critiques (Due July 7th)
  • Top 4 — Open to top 4 finishers (July 18th–21st)
  • Top 4 Critiques (Due July 23rd)
  • Final (July, winner determined by public poll)
Please note: For this month we will continue asking first and second round contestants to evaluate seven other contestants during the critique and top 3 period, in order to increase the total number of evaluations each contestant gets.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

@slimytrout @Henlock Just making sure you both see this.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 1 year ago

I'm working on it -- it's a difficult round.

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 1 year ago

From Another Age 2U
Legendary Enchantment — Background (U)
Commander creatures you own have "At the beginning of your first upkeep each turn, you get an additional upkeep step after this step."
You are unfamiliar with the cities and customs of this era, but you know secrets that are otherwise lost to time.

Oath of Kaito UB
Legendary Enchantment (R)
Flash
When Oath of Kaito enters the battlefield, return target nonland permanent you don't control to its owner's hand.
Planeswalkers you control have hexproof.
"Until I've found what I'm looking for, I will keep watch."

Altar of Divine Rebirth 1WUB
Legendary Enchantment — Shrine (U)
At the beginning of your end step, you may exile a creature card from a graveyard. If you do, create a token that's a copy of that creature except it has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Shrines you control."
Pledge yourself at the altar and it will protect you even after death.

Amara, Starshroud Savior GWUB
Legendary Enchantment Creature — Nymph (R)
Each other enchantment creature you control enters the battlefield with an indestructible counter on it.
Constellation — Whenever Amara, Starshroud Savior or another enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain flying, lifelink, and deathtouch until end of turn.
3/3

The Utmost Duty WUBRG
Legendary Enchantment — Aura (M)
Enchant player
Enchanted player can't cast spells and has no maximum hand size.
At the beginning of enchanted player's end step, that player draws a card, creates a 5/5 Avatar creature token that's all colors, and gains 5 life.
Discard five cards, Sacrifice five nonland permanents, Pay 25 life: Enchanted player gains control of The Utmost Duty and transforms it. Any player may activate this ability.
///
The Utmost Reward
Legendary Land (M)
T: Add WUBRG.
"You have served with honor. Welcome to paradise."
—The Three Sisters
Last edited by slimytrout 1 year ago, edited 4 times in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Just waiting on @Henlock.

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 1 year ago

Will try to get this done soon.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

@Henlock Just another reminder.

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 1 year ago

The One 1ww
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric (m)
Whenever The One enters the battlefield, create a white 2/2 Cleric creature token named Apostle of the One for each time it was cast from the command zone this game
If The One is your commander, damage dealt by creatures named Apostle of the One counts as damage dealt by The One
2/2.

Sanguine Augur wb
Creature - Vampire Bird Cleric (r)
Flying
Whenever you gain life, scry that much.
Whenever an opponent pays life, you gain that much life.
2/1

Risen Cemetery wbg
Creature - Elemental (r)
Vigilance
Risen Cemetery cannot attack nor block unless the total power of creature cards in your graveyard is 8 or greater.
8/8

Zowsia, the Somber Tender
Legendary Creature - Lamia Cleric (u)
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control from a graveyard, it gets +2/+2 and it gains haste, trample and lifelink until end of turn.
2/4

The Council of Guilds wubrg
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor (r)
Convoke (Your creatures can help cast this spell. Each creature you tap while casting this spell pays for or one mana of that creature's color.)
When The Council of Guilds enters the battlefield, Draw five cards if it was convoked by five or more creatures.
5/5

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Alright, we'll go to the poll!

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”