The DCC - March 5th, 2024

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now
Pronoun: he / him

Post by bravelion83 » 2 weeks ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

Rithaniel wrote:
2 weeks ago
Re: Leo - I like the lore snippet you shared for Kim and Vuk.
Maybe I will share more in time. For now, I remember having already mentioned Krest somewhere around here, and he's another one of the group of seven (in the first story, then it will get even bigger). I don't think I've ever mentioned publicly the other four... well, until now. Here you go: Derkin (also known as just "Derk", he's Kim and Vuk's cousin), Drago, Ratka, and Mirka. With Kim, Vuk, and Krest, they are the party from the first story on Vukanat. Maybe someday I'll say more about them. Each of them has a full D&D character sheet, in-depth notes about their personality and their relationship with each other member of the group, their own voice (I make all of them, I've recorded most of that story in audio form too and sometimes I enjoy just talking casually speaking in their voice!), and most of all several sets worth of stories to share, even though for now I've only actually written the first one. Many more are already planned in detail though. And then there are all the other planes in my own Multiverse besides Vukanat. I told you, that table is HUGE! Even bigger than you probably imagine. You will hear from them again one day, I'm sure.

DCC Scroreboard

netn10 12 (+4)
Rithaniel 10 (+4)

OneAndOnly 7 (+2)
bravelion83 6 (+4)
void_nothing 6 (+1)
archemedesx 4 (+1)
RattingRots 3 (+1)
marioguy3 1

bravelion83 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Votes: Rithaniel, void_nothing
netn10
Show
Hide
The former Tribal card type is now Kindred, not "typal". "Typal" is an informal word you use to refer to themes or effects that care about creature types. You should have use "Kindred", not "typal".
Scaled Sleuth 2U
Creature — Viashino Detective (U)
Disguise—R, Discard a card. (You may cast this card face down for 3 as a 2/2 creature with ward 2. Turn it face up any time for its disguise cost.)
When Scaled Sleuth enters the battlefield or is turned face up, draw a card.
"Sometimes you have to actively look for evidence yourself, other times evidence is just right there in front of you and you just have to see it."
2/2
marioguy3 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Votes: OneandOnly, Rithaniel

Day 3: Power Chasing
Enchantment (Rare)
When this enchantment leaves the battlefield, you lose the game.
Pay X life: Target creature gets +X/+0 until end of turn.
OneAndOnly wrote:
2 weeks ago
Votes: RattingRots, netn10
Toxxin Landfill
Land
T: Add one mana of any color. Lose one life.
(B/G)(B/G): If Toxxin Landfill isn't a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on it. Toxxin Landfill becomes an Elemental creature with base power and toughness 0/0 until end of turn.
netn10 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Votes: OneAndOnly, Rithaniel
Comments
Show
Hide
@OneAndOnly I love vehicles and Bloomburrow so I'm in!
@Rithaniel Three colors caring about each of the two color pairs is actually a really neat design space that I'm shocked wasn't explored before.
@bravelion83 Thanks, I'll remember that :)
Otterly Impossable UUR
Enchantment (Rare)
Otter creatures spell you cast have flash and they can't be countered.
Whenever an Otter creature enters under your control, counter up to one target spell with mana value less than that creature's power.
Rithaniel wrote:
2 weeks ago
Votes: bravelion83, netn10

Re: Leo - I like the lore snippet you shared for Kim and Vuk. Makes me want to make a card for one of my characters, too

Imposition of Nova Yeht
Sorcery M
Exile the top seven cards of your library. You may put an enchantment card exiled this way onto the battlefield.
"As you get older, it becomes more difficult to exert yourself on a problem. So, you learn to take clever shortcuts."
—Nova Yeht, the Ancient
archemediesx wrote:
2 weeks ago
Votes: bravelion83, netn10

Counter Cache 3UU
Instant (R)
Counter target spell, then proliferate X times where X is that spell's mana value. (To proliferate, choose any number of permanents and/or players, then give each another counter of each kind already there.)
RattingRots wrote:
2 weeks ago
bravelion83, archimedesx

Perfected Warsuit 4
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Test Subject (When this permanent enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice a token and put a test counter on it. If you don't, create a clue token.)
Equip--Remove a test counter from a permanent you control.
When ~ enters the battlefield, attach it to target creature you control.
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has vigilance and menace.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story for the March 2024 MCC ("One pierced heart, two mindful horns"), and an index of my republished articles from my article series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 17th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 3). After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 2 weeks ago

Votes: Rithaniel, archemediesx (even though the card name should be bolded)

Truth Uncoverer 1W
Creature — Spirit Detective (R)
3W, T, Sacrifice Truth Uncoverer: Exile another target creature you control. If that creature was face-down, draw a card. Return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step. Activate only as a sorcery. (It returns face-up.)
"I'd give my own life to see who's hiding under that mask! Yes, I've already said that before... didn't end well... Still, I would!"
2/2
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story for the March 2024 MCC ("One pierced heart, two mindful horns"), and an index of my republished articles from my article series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 17th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 3). After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 2 weeks ago

Votes: marioguy3, RattingRots

Knight of Untold Valor -- WW
Creature - Human Knight {U}
Ward 2
Whenever Knight of Untold Valor becomes blocked by a creature, cloak that creature. (Turn it face down as a colorless 2/2 creature with ward 2. Its controller may turn it face up for its mana cost.)
2/2

KB52665

Post by KB52665 » 2 weeks ago

Votes: OneandOnly, Rithaniel

Yavimaya Tidepool g
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may exile a creature card from your hand with mana value greater than the number of growth counters on Yavimaya Tidepool. If you do, put a growth counter on Yavimaya Tidepool, then you may put a creature card with mana value X or less from your hand onto the battlefield, where X is the number of growth counters on Yavimaya Tidepool.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 1 week ago

Votes: bravelion83, marioguy3

Trade in Secrets
Enchantment - Aura R
Enchant blue or black creature
You control enchanted creature.
Whenever enchanted creature deals combat damage to a player, its owner draws a card.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 week ago

Votes: RattingRots, bravelion83

Rakdos Satirist BR
Creature - Human Clown (Rare)
T: Tap target legendary creature and destroy all permanents attached to it. Until end of turn, it loses all abilities and its name becomes Joke of the Day.
The Rakdos play an important, yet seldom discussed role in Ravnican society, ensuring everyone is put in their place and masking the faces of those who need it.
0/3

archemediesx
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by archemediesx » 1 week ago

Votes: netn10, bravelion83

Magus of the Stack 3BB
Creature - Human Warlock (R)
Menace
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a soot counter on Magus of the Stack.
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a permanent for each soot counter on Magus of the Stack.
3/2
"Easy Dude. You're being very Un-Dude."

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 1 week ago

Votes: RattingRots, netn10

Day 4: Helper Spy
Instant (Uncommon)
Look at the top two cards of each player's library. For each player, exile one of the cards face down. You may look at and play those cards, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast them. Then each player draws a card.
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”