New Challenge Every Day - January 26th: Non-Phyrexian Praetors

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge: Non-Phyrexian Praetors (i.e. Sanguine Praetor, Ebon Praetor)

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 48 (+2)
JovialJovian 47
void_nothing 47 (+3)
dyd 43 (+2)
kwanyeegor-ii 10 (+1)
Legend 9
haywire 6
wizyard 6
Pygyzy 6 (+2)
MonoRedMage 1
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
being somebody else
Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
Void_nothing, netn10

Didn't This Just Happen? Uubbrr
Sorcery (R)
Target player takes an extra turn. Target opponent controls that player during that turn.
Target opponent takes an extra turn. Target player controls that player during that turn.
Exile Didn't This Just Happen?

Iiw: Doppelgangers
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: dyd, void_nothing

The Pretender 3WUBRG
Legendary Creature - Shapeshifter (Mythic)
Changeling
Each permanent you control enters the battlefield as another permanent, except it has all colors, all creature types, all card types and its abilities.
0/0

IIW: Maro's Kamigawa teaser.
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, Pygyzy

Sakashima's Teachings 3uu
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I, II, III - Choose a non-Saga permanent you control. Up to X other target creatures you control become a copy of that permanent until end of turn, where X is the number of lore counters on Sakashima's Teachings. The "legend rule" doesn't apply this turn.
IV - Create Sakashima, a legendary 3/1 blue Human Rogue creature token with "When Sakashima enters the battlefield, you may have it gain all types and abilities of target non-Saga permanent you control."

IIW: a cute fluffy monster
JovialJovian wrote:
2 years ago
votes: kwanyeegor-ii, dyd

Change Places! BBBBBB
Sorcery (Un-M)
Switch yourself with target player in a game you can see, until that game or this game ends.

IIW: Dogs, cats, mice
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10, Pygyzy

Enlightened Impersonation 1UUU
Instant (R)
Target creature becomes a copy of another target creature until end of turn. Each of those creatures that you control gains hexproof until end of turn.
Rebound
"No one can see the world as it is by looking with only one set of eyes." - Ishai, Ojutai dragonspeaker

IIW: Great power
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, void_nothing

Loathsome Praetor 5bb
Creature - Avatar Praetor
At the beginning of each upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on Loathsome Praetor.
b, Sacrifice a creature, Remove a -1/-1 counter from Loathsome Praetor: Put a -1/-1 counter on each other creature with the same mana value as the sacrificed creature.
His verdict is final in more ways than one.
6/5

IIW: some kind of red counterspell that you can't use on your spells (looking at you, Tibalt's Trickery)

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Netn10, Jovialjovian

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: dyd, JovialJovian

Dynasty Praetor BBBBBB
Creature - Horror Praetor (Mythic)
Trample, lifelink
When Dynasty Praetor enters the battlefield, if you cast it from your hand, exile all creatures and enchantments your opponents control. Search their controller's graveyard, hand, and library for all cards with the same name as those permanents and exile them. Then these players shuffles.
8/8

IIW: Maro's Kamigawa teaser.

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 2 years ago

votes: dyd, void_nothing

Praetor of Midnight 8BB
Creature - Praetor (M)
This spell costs 1 less to cast for each creature that died this turn.
Deathtouch
Whenever another creature dies, create a 2/2 black Zombie Nightmare creature token with decayed "When this creature dies, you lose 2 life."
8/8

IIW: Neon Dynasty

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, dyd

Loreweave Praetor 4BB
Creature - Avatar Praetor (M)
Flash
Trample
If a player would search a library, instead put a +1/+1 counter on Loreweave Praetor, then each player reveals their hand and exiles each card there that player could have found when searching. (For example, if an effect says "Search your library for a creature card," instead each player reveals their hand and exiles all creature cards there.)
5/5

IIW: Nongreen Druids
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”