Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Gods of unusual or minor things

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 52 (+2)
JovialJovian 47 (+3)
dyd 44 (+1)
void_nothing 38 (+2)
bravelion83 27
Pygyzy 14
Venedrex 4
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Blue card with vigilance
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Deceiving Morphist 3uu
Creature — Phyrexian Shapeshifter
Flash
Vigilance
When Deceiving Morphist enters the battlefield, tap target permanent an opponent controls that's an artifact, creature, or land with a non-mana ability. That permanent doesn't untap during its controller's untap step for as long as you control Deceiving Morphist. Deceiving Morphist gains all abilities of that permanent.
2/4

IIW: a Rusalka
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Librarian's Assistant 2U
Creature — Homunculus (U)
Vigilance
2U, T: Draw a card. Activate only as a sorcery.
"He'll fetch any book in the library for you."
2/3

IIW: flashback
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, JovialJovian

Sphinx Everwatcher 4UU
Creature - Sphinx (Uncommon)
Flying, vigilance
1, T: Draw three cards. Only your opponents may activate this ability and only during their turns.
"I never turn blind eye... to a good riddle."
6/6

IIW: "W, T: Draw a card."
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: dyd, JovialJovian

Memory of Infiltration 2UU
Creature - Reflection Hero (R)
Vigilance
Skulk
Tenacity (If a source would deal any amount of damage to this creature, prevent half that damage, rounded up.)
2UU: Target creature becomes a copy of Memory of Infiltration until end of turn.
2/2

IIW: Internal tension
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, dyd

____, God of Eldrazis 6CC
Legendary Creature - God (Mythic)
Players can't look at hands, name cards, cast spells with even mana value, attack with odd number of creatures and cast colored artifacts.
"After Emrakul disappeared, a god with no name was born. Did it happened because of Emrakul's influence, or because Innistrad's yearning for a god? I do not wish to know."
- Tamiyo's Journal

8/8

IIW: Naya or Jund Werewolf commander

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: bravelion83 void_nothing

Blaube, God of Trinkets 2u
Legendary Artifact Creature — God (M)
Indestructible
Blaube isn't a creature unless you control six or more artifacts with mana value 1 or less with different names.
Whenever Blaube attacks, you may pay xuu. If you do, reveal the top X cards of your library. Put any number of artifact cards with mana value 1 or less from among them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
2, t: Create a Clue token, a Food token, or a Treasure token.
2/2

IIW: continue a DFC story
(i.e. what they did with Delver of Secrets // Insectile Aberration > Aberrant Researcher // Perfected Form > Docent of Perfection // Final Iteration)

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Harostikes, God of Maladies WBG
Legendary Enchantment Creature — God (M)
Indestructible
As long as your devotion to white, black, and green is less than nine, Harostikes isn't a creature.
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on each other creature that player controls.
Whenever a creature dies, you gain 1 life.
5/5

IIW: "doesn't/don't share a color"
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 2 years ago

votes: dyd, bravelion83

Nom, God of Between-Meal Snacks 2
Legendary Artifact Creature - Food God
Nom, God of Between-Meal Snacks can't attack or block as long as it is indestructible.
Nom enters the battlefield with an Indestructible counter on it.
Whenever you sacrifice a Food, put an indestructible counter on Nom.
2, T, Sacrifice Nom or remove an Indestructible counter from it: You gain 3 life.
4/4

IIW: Sharks

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: dyd, bravelion83

Tethrium, God of Tools 4RR
Legendary Creature - God (R)
Indestructible, haste
Tethrium is a noncreature artifact unless you control four or more other artifacts.
T: Destroy target artifact. Its controller creates a 1/1 colorless Gnome artifact creature token.
T, Sacrifice an artifact: Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal an artifact card. Put that card onto the battlefield tapped and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
6/6

IIW: Equines
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”