Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Reincarnated characters

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 42 (+2)
JovialJovian 40 (+4)
dyd 35 (+3)
void_nothing 26
bravelion83 21 (+1)
Pygyzy 14 (+2)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Top down design from a cowboy set
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, bravelion83

High Noon 2rw
Enchantment (R)
Each combat, players must attack with exactly one creature if possible and must block with exactly one creature if possible.
After the first combat phase each turn, there is an additional combat phase.

IIW: bed
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Kalav, the Fastest Horse 1RW
Legendary Creature — Horse (R)
Haste
As long as you control a Knight, Kalav, the Fastest Horse attacks each combat if able.
Whenever a Knight creature you control attacks, Kalav gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
1, Discard a card: Draw a card. Activate only if Kalav attacked this turn.
2/2

IIW: flashback
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: Pygyzy, JovialJovian

Frostbite Bullet U
Artifact Instant - Ammo (Common)
Target creature doesn't untap during their controller's next untap step.
Load (Then, if you've cast this card from your hand, you may attach this card to an equipment you control. If you do, that equipment gains "Tap the equipped creature: You may cast a card loaded to this equipment without paying its mana cost.")

IIW: Stillmoon Cavalier style card
JovialJovian wrote:
2 years ago
votes: dyd, pygyzy

Six-Shooter 3
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Ammunition 6 (When this permanent is reloaded, if it has less than 6 ammunition counters on it, put ammunition counters on it equal to the difference.)
When equipped creature blocks or is blocked by a creature while it has an ammunition counter on it, remove an ammunition counter and it deals 4 damage to that creature.
Equipped creature has "T: Reload Six-Shooter."
Equip 2

IIW: Something spicy!
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: dyd, netn10

Tarnished Badge 2B
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature has menace and "T, Pay 1 life: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature."
As long as equipped creature is white, it has "T: Destroy target creature with greater power than this creature." Otherwise, it has "T: Destroy target creature with lesser power than this creature."
Equip 3

IIW: Speed matters
Venedrex wrote:
2 years ago
Votes dyd, JovialJovian

Rundown Mineshaft
Artifact (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, mine 1. (Exile the top card of your library. If the exiled card was a Mountain card, create a Treasure token.)
, Sacrifice Rundown Mineshaft: Discard your hand, then draw three cards.

IIW: Simic Mutate
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, Venedrex

Heroic Metempsychosis 2rw
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a legendary creature you control dies, exile it with an incarnation counter on it.
Legendary creature cards exiled this way gain reincarnate for as long as they have an incarnation counter on them, and the reincarnate cost is equal to their mana cost. (You may cast a spell from exile for its reincarnate cost. When you do, put it over or under target non-legendary creature you own. They are merged into the creature on top plus all abilities from under it, and they are legendary.)

IIW: mutate
Last edited by dyd 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

netn10

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, Venedrex

Momir Vig, In Eternal Debt 2WB
Legendary Creature - Vedalken Cleric (Rare)
Whenever a green and blue creature enters the battlefield under your control, create a 4/4 white and black Thrull Mutant creature token with flying, deathtouch and vigilance.
, T: Exile another target permanent. Its controller creates a 4/4 green and blue Frog Lizard Mutant creature token with flying, deathtouch and vigilance.
1/1

IIW: Split card with one side hybrid, second side 4 colors.

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: dyd, void_nothing

Gideon, the Returned 2WW
Legendary Planeswalker — Gideon (M)
Intensify 2B (You may pay an additional 2B as you activate any of this permanent's activated abilities.)
+2: Exile up to one target card from a graveyard. If this ability was intensified, instead exile all cards from all graveyards.
0: Until end of turn, Gideon, the Returned becomes a creature with indestructible, "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to Gideon's loyalty", and "Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Gideon." If this ability was intensified, Gideon also gains lifelink until end of turn.
-8: Exile all creatures, then you gain X life. If this ability was intensified, each opponent also loses X life. X is equal to the number of cards in exile.

IIW: "that share a color"
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 2 years ago

netn10 venedrex
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 2 years ago

votes: void_nothing, venedrex

Sifa, Bound to Rakdos 1BR
Legendary Planeswalker - Sifa
{+3}: Sifa, Bound to Rakdos deals 3 damage to you or to target permanent you control.
{-X}: Sifa deals X damage to X targets.
{-9}: Sacrifice a legendary Demon. If you do, transform Sifa.
{1}
//
Sifa Grent, Usurper of Rakdos
(B/R)Legendary Creature - Demon Vampire
Flying, trample
When this creature transforms into Sifa Grent, Usurper of Rakdos, it deals 6 damage to each other creature and each opponent.
When Sifa Grent attacks, defending player sacrifices a creature. If they do, you choose one -
-Put that creature card onto the battlefield under your control.
-Put a +1/+1 counter on Sifa Grent and you gain 3 life.
6/6

IIW: Soap

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: dyd, bravelion83

Eladamri, Once and Future Lord 1GG
Legendary Creature - Elf Avatar (M)
Eladamri can't be blocked by enchanted creatures.
Whenever Eladamri attacks and isn't blocked, create a token that's a copy of target nonlegendary Elf you control. The token enters the battlefield tapped and attacking.
2/2

Next: Legends from Kaldheim
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”