Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Typecycling

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
void_nothing 79 (+2)
netn10 75 (+1)
bravelion83 61 (+3)
dyd 44 (+2)
Venedrex 7
JovialJovian 7
Pygyzy 1
Lorn Asbord Schutta 3
Ink-Treader 1
.::Note of the Day::.

And... a winner is me! Time to start the scoreboard anew.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Mark Rosewater's Innistrad teasers
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: bravelion83 void_nothing

Curse of Unstable Forms 2u
Enchantment - Aura Curse
Enchant player
Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, its controller may transform it.
Whenever a creature enchanted player controls attacks, you may transform it.
At the beginning of each end step, if three or more permanents transformed this turn, transform Curse of Unstable Forms.
//
Formsucker
Creature - Leech Horror
5u: Transform another target permanent.
1u: The next time target permanent would transform this turn, instead it doesn't transform and you may draw a card.
4/4
SPOILER
Show
Hide
• a curse that transforms into a creature
• Creature – Leech Horror
IIW: giving multiple abilities to some cards in your graveyard
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: bravelion83,dyd

Dreaded Egg R
Creature - Dragon Egg (Rare)
Defender
1RR, Sacrifice three Treasures. Transform Dreaded Egg.
The vililiger worshipped the strange egg with jewels and other gifts...
0/2
/////
Village Hellkite
Creature - Dragon (Rare)
Flying, trample
At the end of turn, you may sacrifice three treasures. If you don't, sacrifice Village Hellkite.
... So to no one's suprise, the creature hatched from the egg eager for more.
5/5

IIW: Mono white create treasure or treasures
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10, void_nothing

"Each instant and sorcery card in your graveyard has"

Remember the Past 3UU
Enchantment (R)
Each instant and sorcery card in your graveyard has flashback. The flashback cost is equal to its mana cost.
If Remember the Past would leave the battlefield, exile it instead.

IIW: the number of cards in your library matters
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: dyd, bravelion83

Ullun, Moonsilver Jelly GWU
Legendary Creature - Ooze (R)
Whenever Ullun, Moonsilver Jelly attacks, target creature defending player controls becomes an artifact. (It's no longer a creature.) Move all +1/+1 counters from that creature onto Ullun.
GWU: If another target creature you control would die this turn, instead it becomes an artifact and move all +1/+1 counters from that creature onto Ullun.
1/1

IIW: Equip ___
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, netn10

Vengeful Witch 1b
Creature - Human Warlock
Whenever another creature dies, choose one of its creature types. Creatures of the chosen type get -1/-1 until end of turn.
Cursecycling 3b (3b, Discard this card: Search your library for a Curse card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.)
2/2

IIW: ward with weird costs

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Cycle Through the Evidence 2U
Sorcery (Common)
Draw two cards.
Investigatecycling U (U, Discard this card: Search your library for a card with Investigate, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.)

IIW: Triple a creature (E.G: Healer's Flock, Llanowar Tribe)

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Gilt-Leaf Recruiter 2BG
Creature — Elf Warrior (U)
Trample
Elfcycling 2, warriorcycling 2 (2, Discard this card: Search your library for a Elf or Warrior card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.)
When you cycle Gilt-Leaf Recruiter, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
3/3

IIW: return to Lorwyn
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Tawnos's Surveyor 1
Artifact Creature - Assembly-Worker (U)
Urza'swalk
Urza'scycling 3
When you cycle Tawnos's Surveyor, Assembly-Workers you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.
1/1

IIW: Unusual vanillas
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”