Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Prisoners

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
void_nothing 61 (+4)
netn10 56 (+2)
bravelion83 47 (+2)
dyd 32 (+2)
Venedrex 7
JovialJovian 7
Pygyzy 1
Ink-Treader 1
.::Note of the Day::.

Would anyone be interested in hosting the New Challenge Every Day threads for next month?

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Keyword counters
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, bravelion83

Memorial to Greatness
Land
Memorial to Greatness enters the battlefield tapped.
t: Add w or b.
2wb, t, Exile a card from your graveyard: This turn, each creature you control enters the battlefield with a flying counter on it if the exiled card has flying. The same is true for first strike, deathtouch, lifelink, menace, reach, trample, and vigilance. If the creature entering is legendary, the same is true also for double strike, hexproof, and indestructible.

IIW: cards with abilities usually on other types (e.g. Llanowar Reborn)
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: dyd, void_nothing

Faithful Companion 3GG
Creature — Dog (R)
Faithful Companion enters the battlefield with a vigilance counter, a trample counter, and an indestructible counter on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may move a counter from Faithful Companion to another target creature you control.
3/3

IIW: the number of cards in your hand matters

I just realized I have missed power and toughness on the Bike. It was supposed to be a 2/2.
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, bravelion83

Self-Made Automaton 4
Artifact Creature - Human Construct (Rare)
Self-Made Automaton enters the battlefield with four +1/+1 counters on it.
1, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Self-Made Automaton: Put a flying counter, a vigilance counter or a trample counter on Self-Made Automaton.
0/0

IIW: Three color demon mob boss.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
2 years ago
netn10 void_nothing
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: dyd, netn10

Stasis-Seal Taxiid 1WW
Creature - Nightmare Badger (R)
Stasis-Seal Taxiid can't be blocked by creatures with power 3 or greater.
Whenever Stasis-Seal Taxiid deals combat damage to a player, put a hexproof counter or an indestructible counter on another target permanent you control.
2/3

IIW: Scottish history
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Helvault Prisoner
Creature - Demon
Helvault Prisoner can't attack or block.
xb, t, Sacrifice an artifact with mana value X: Put X +1/+1 counters on Helvault Prisoner, untap it and transform it. X can't be 1 or less.
0/1
//
Helvault Escapee
Creature - Demon
Flying, trample
Protection from Angels and from Humans
Countless ranks of demons had been locked into the Helvault until that fateful day.
1/1

IIW: New Capenna
Last edited by dyd 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, void_nothing

@void_nothing Sorry, but I already have the DCC to host in September, and I will also probably be back to judge the MCC, so I've got no time for doing this too.

Ingenious Prisoner 1R
Creature — Human Rogue (U)
Ingenious Prisoner can't attack or block unless you discard a card or sacrifice another permanent.
"Don't worry, I will found the means to evade!"
3/3

IIW: typecycling
Last edited by bravelion83 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: dyd, bravelion83

Prison Break BR
Instant (Rare)
Gain control of all permanents you own.
Destroy all permanents you don't control attached to permanents you control.

IIW: Red-Green ninja.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, netn10

Jailed Dwarf RR
Creature - Dwarf (U)
Defender
When Jailed Dwarf dies, it deals 3 damage to each creature and planeswalker for each time that permanent dealt damage to Jailed Dwarf this turn and 3 damage to each player for each time a spell that player controlled dealt damage to Jailed Dwarf this turn.
It's not wise to give someone nothing to do but plan revenge.
3/2

IIW: "blocking creatures you control"
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”