The DCC - August 24th, 2021

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

We have to be careful not to categorize things too hard in the study of mythology. Let me explain what I mean - our modern and scientific mindset tends to look for classifications of things and groups. So popular accounts of Norse mythology sometimes talk about civil Aesir vs. wild Vanir, or retellings of ancient Indian mythology can contain talk about good Devas vs. evil Asuras. But in the Norse sources various gods are interchangeably both referred to as Aesir and Vanir (and our best source for the "rules" of Norse poetry, Snorri Sturlusson, says any god can be called "one of the Aesir"). And in the early Vedic texts of India, the Devas (and unambigously good gods) Varuna and Agni, among others, are repeatedly called "Asura". The fact is that for the first authors, tellers, and compilers of the myths, rigid classes like these didn't really matter.

That's some pretty conceptual and abstract stuff, but - who's excited for Announcement Day?

DCC Scoreboard

Sagharri 61
Ink-Treader 57 (+3)
bravelion83 52 (+2)
void_nothing 47 (+1)
netn10 45 (+6)
Rithaniel 42 (+2)
emily 13
ayssia 8
kwanyeegor-ii 5

Ink-Treader wrote:
2 years ago
Vote: bravelion83, Rithaniel

Infernal Tritone XBBB
Sorcery (R)
Destroy any number of target creatures with total toughness three times X or less.
"The only music finer is a hero's screams."
-Ob Nixilis
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, netn10 ("...Treasure token")

Jungle Explorer 2G
Creature — Human Scout (U)
When Jungle Explorer enters the battlefield, it explores. (Reveal the top card of your library. Put that card into your hand if it's a land. Otherwise, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature, then put the card back or put it into your graveyard.)
1U, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Jungle Explorer: It can't be blocked this turn.
2/2
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: Ink-Treader, bravelion83

Lorehold Dorm
Land (Common)
T: Add C.
2RW, T, Exile a card from your graveyard: Learn.
Lorehold students delve deep into the past, often forgetting to do homework in the present.
Sagharri wrote:
2 years ago
netn10, Rithaniel

Funeral Flames XR
Instant (U)
Delve
Funeral Flames deals X damage to target creature or planeswalker.
Flashback XBB
Rithaniel wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10, Ink-Treader

Tachyonic Bolt
Instant U
Counter target creature spell with toughness 3 or less or target planeswalker spell with loyalty 3 or less.
"It's like a bolt of lightning, but fast enough that it hits before you fire it off."
—Nova Yeht, the Ancient
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10 (but needs rewording to say "except by the ability of a Treasure"), Ink-Treader

Malachite Powersuit 5
Artifact - Vehicle (U)
Trample
When Malachite Powersuit enters the battlefield, return up to one target card from your graveyard to your hand.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Malachite Powersuit unless you pay G.
Crew 3
7/7
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, Sagharri

Kind Citizen 2G
Creature — Human Werewolf (R)
Vigilance
Each other creature you control that's a Werewolf and a Human gets +1/+1 and has vigilance.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Kind Citizen.
2/2

//

Furious Packmate
(G) Creature — Werewolf (R)
Trample
Each other creature you control that's a Werewolf but not a Human gets +1/+1 and has trample.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast two or more spells last turn, transform Furious Packmate.
4/4
Last edited by bravelion83 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

Ink-Treader
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Ink-Treader » 2 years ago

Vote: bravelion83, Rithaniel

Mizzium Defibreactor 2UR
Artifact (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a charge counter on Mizzium Defibreactor.
Instant and sorcery cards in your graveyard with mana value less than or equal to the number of charge counters on Mizzium Defibreactor have jump-start (You may cast that card from your graveyard by discarding a card in addition to paying its other costs. Then exile that card.)
1UR, Exile an instant or sorcery card from your graveyard: Put a charge counter on Mizzium Defibreactor.

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 2 years ago

void_nothing, Rithaniel

Monastery Geist 2W
Creature - Spirit Monk (U)
Mentor
Whenever Monastery Geist mentor a creature, that creature gains indestructible until end of turn.
"Listen carefully. It's lesson I didn't get in time..."
3/1

netn10

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: Sagharri, Rithaniel

The announcement day was SO GOOD!

I Know a Guy W
Instant (Rare)
Play this card only if an opponent attacks you or a planeswalker you control.
Search your library for a creature card with toughness 3 or less, put it onto the battlefield blocking each attacking creature you don't control, then shuffle.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 2 years ago

Votes: Ink-Treader Sagharri

Frozen Time
Instant U
Cast this spell only during combat after attackers are declared and only if the total converted mana cost of attacking creatures is 6 or less.
End the combat phase. (Remove all attackers and blockers from combat. Exile all spells and abilities from the stack, including this spell.)
"Oh of course, an unstoppable juggernaut that you sacrificed your entire race to create. It's not like I've seen that before."
—Nova Yeht, the Ancient
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 2 years ago

netn10 sagharri
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: Ink-Treader, Rithaniel

Xathrid Hellwarden 1B
Creature - Imp Cleric (R)
Flying
Sacrifice another creature: The next black creature spell you cast this turn has convoke.
Whenever you cast a spell, if it was convoked by three or more creatures, you draw a card and lose 1 life.
1/1
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”