Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Self-recursion

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
Lorn Asbord Schutta 17 (+5)
void_nothing 14 (+4)
dyd 9 (+2)
bravelion83 9 (+1)
netn10 7 (+2)
Apellosine 5
JovialJovian 3
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Mass phasing
Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
All and Nothing u
Enchantment (R)
When All and Nothing enters the battlefield, all libraries phase out.
Players can't win or lose the game by drawing from an empty library.
Libraries don't phase in during untap steps.
At the beginning of each player's draw step, that player's library phases in.
At the end of each player's draw step, that player's library phases out.

Vote: dyd,netn10
Iiw: New Silver-Border Mechanics
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, Lorn Asbord Schutta

Crowded Aetherways 2ur
Enchantment
Whenever a player casts a spell, each permanent they control with thr same mana value phases out.

IIW: copy permanent spells
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago

Day of Rest 1WW
Sorcery (R)
Kicker 3 (You may pay an additional 3 as you cast this spell.)
All creatures phase out. If this spell was kicked, instead all creatures your opponents control phase out.
"Good. I need some rest."

IIW: non-black Vampire or Zombie
Apellosine wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: Lorn Asbord Schutta, bravelion83

It's Not a Phase Mom 1WB
Instant (M) Unset
Multikicker 2, prove you are really into emo music in a new way. For each time that It's Not a Phase Mom was kicked take the next action in the following sequence.
(1) Phase out creatures you control.
(2) Destroy all creatures.
(3) Phase in all creatures you control.
(4) Draw 2 cards.
"This should really be mono-black, it's ok we'll fix it in development."
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Even though this is a multicolour spell, the border for it will be the standard black border, the set symbol will also be black even though this is a Mythic Rare.
IIW: Farmers and Farming
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago

Bet on Zero 2RR
Instant (Rare)
Each player secretly choose any number of creatures. Then, each player reveal the creatures their chose. Each creature chosen by all players phases out. Destroy all other creatures.

IIW: roll a d20
Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: void_nothing; dyd

Unhallow b
Instant (R)
All enchantments phase out. (Treat them and anything attached to them as though they don't exist until theirs controller's next turn.)
Prayers and spells shielded Serra's Realm, but Phyrexia still needed only a moment to succeed.

IIW: black first strike
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10, Lorn Asbord Schutta

Afiya Weirding 1GG
Enchantment (R)
As Afiya Weirding enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Creatures of the chosen type have phasing.
Whenever a creature of the chosen type phases in, put a +1/+1 counter on it.

IIW: Wacky Dragons
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: Lorn Asbord Schutta, bravelion83

Self-Stitcher 2ub
Creature - Zombie Warlock
When Self-Stitcher enters the battlefield, draw a card then discard a card.
Half life 6ub (6ub: Create two tokens that are copies of this card, except their power and toughness is halved, rounded down. Activate only as a sorcery, if this card is in your graveyard and you control no tokens with its name.)
4/4

Apellosine

Post by Apellosine » 2 years ago

votes: dyd, void_nothing

Corpse Rats 2b
Creature - Zombie Rat (U)
When Corpse Rats enters the battlefield, return all other cards named Corpse Rats from your graveyard to your hand.
2/1
No matter how hard you try, it is almost impossible to get rid of the rats.

IIW: Permanents with the Clue, Food and/or Treasure sub-types.

netn10

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: Pygyzy, Apellosine (I love this lol)

Ghost Quarter's Guide
Creature - Spirit Citizen (Uncommon)
2: Return Ghost Quarter's Guide and another target creature card with mana value 3 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
1/1

IIW: New guild mechanic

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Insistent Zombie 1B
Creature — Zombie (R)
Insistent Zombie can't block.
1B: Return Insistent Zombie from your graveyard to the battlefield. Activate only as a sorcery and only if Insistent Zombie wasn't put into a graveyard this turn.
He's never satiated.
3/1

IIW: non-black Vampire or Zombie
Last edited by bravelion83 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Apellosine (Sunny Day Real Estate, Dashboard Confessional, Taking Back Sunday, Cursive) netn10

Universal Soldier 2w
Artifact Creature - Drone Soldier (C)
A deck may contain any number of cards named Universal Soldier
When you cast Universal Soldier, search your library for a card named Universal Soldier, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle.
When Universal Soldier dies, put another target card in your graveyard named Universal Soldier onto the battlefield at the beginning of your next upkeep.
3/0

Iiw: New Silver-Border Mechanics

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 2 years ago

Votes: void_nothing; dyd

Sanity Gorger
Creature - Nightmare (R)
When Sanity Gorger enters the battlefield, you may cast a noncreature card from exile. If it is owned by an opponent, you may cast that card without paying its mana cost.
: Return Sanity Gorger from your graveyard to the battlefield. This ability costs less to activate for each card that was exiled from library this turn. Activate only as a sorcery.
4/3

IIW: "plus one"

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 2 years ago

dyd netn10
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: Pygyzy, Lorn Asbord Schutta

Aftershock Elemental 2R
Creature - Elemental (U)
Whenever Aftershock Elemental deals combat damage to a player, it deals 1 damage to each other creature without flying.
R: Shuffle Aftershock Elemental from exile into your library. Activate only during your upkeep.
Unearth 1R
2/2

IIW: Equipment that are tools instead of armor or weapons
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”