Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Oxymorons

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
slimytrout 25 (+4)
void_nothing 19 (+3)
netn10 18 (+2)
dyd 16 (+3)
JovialJovian 12 (+0)
bravelion83 9 (+2)
Riria 2
haywire 1
Venedrex 1
duducrash 1
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Snow and Deserts
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: slimytrout, void_nothing

Polar Desert
Snow Land - Desert (R)
As Polar Desert enters the battlefield, you may pay 3 life. If you don't, it enters the battlefield tapped.
t: Add w.
6www, t, Sacrifice Polar Desert: Exile all nonland non-snow permanents. You may cast a spell from cards exiled this way without paying its mana cost.

IIW: Urza's (the land type)
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: slimytrout, void_nothing

Oasis Pool
Land — Desert (R)
As Oasis Pool enters the battlefield, you may reveal another Desert card from your hand. If you don't, Oasis Pool enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add C.
T: Add one mana of any type that a land you control could produce.

IIW: C in the mana cost
slimytrout wrote:
2 years ago
void_nothing, netn10

Count Grakes, Polar Explorer 2UG
Legendary Snow Creature - Human Scout (R)
When Count Grakes, Polar Explorer enters the battlefield, you may put a snow land from your hand onto the battlefield tapped.
2S: Tap target creature.
3/3
// (MDFC) //
Countess Grakes, Desert Explorer 2RG
Legendary Creature - Human Scout (R)
When Countess Grakes, Desert Explorer enters the battlefield, you may return a Desert you control to its owner's hand.
Whenever one or more land cards are put into a graveyard from anywhere, Countess Grakes deals 1 damage to any target.
3/3

IIW: Ungulates
JovialJovian wrote:
2 years ago
votes: slimytrout, dyd

Extremophile Sponge 1G
Snow Creature - Sponge (U)
Defender
Extremophile Sponge's power is equal to the number of deserts you control, and its toughness is equal to the number of snow permanents you control.
Extremophile Sponge can attack as though it didn't have defender as long as you control three or more Deserts.
*/*

IIW: Cake
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: dyd, bravelion83

Wandering Adventurer G
Creature - Human Scout (Common)
When Wandering Adventurer enters the battlefield, create a treasure if you control three or more desert lands and a food if you control three or more snow lands. If you control both, draw a card.
"The lands provides for those who know how to walk between them."
1/1

IIW: Magicify a card from Legends of Runterra.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
2 years ago
bravelion83 netn10
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: dyd, slimytrout

Temperate Champion WW
Creature - Elemental Knight (R)
Protection from snow and from Deserts
1: Temperate Champion gains vigilance until end of turn.
2: Temperate Champion gains lifelink until end of turn.
3: Temperate Champion gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
2/2

IIW: Things in the sky
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, bravelion83

Open Secrets 1u
Enchantment
Players play with their hands and the top card of their library revealed.
"Saw it coming."

IIW: -2

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, dyd

Dark Light 3WB
Instant (R)
Choose one or both —
• Exile target creature with power 3 or less.
• Exile target creature with power 4 or greater.
A single ray can send you to the eternal darkness of the Void.

IIW: random effects
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

netn10

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: dyd, slimytrout

Weirdly Normal U
Creature - Shapeshifter (Rare)
You may have Weirdly Normal enters the battlefield as a copy of any Human creature.
"How do you do, fellow humans?"
0/0

IIW: Fractals.

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 2 years ago

void_nothing, netn10 ("both" is a little vague but definitely makes sense in context)

Ill Health B
Instant (C)
You lose 1 life. Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the amount of life you've lost this turn.
"For the hurt he caused me, may Ulvius's teeth fall out and his muscles shrivel and his nose run and his mouth fill with bile."
-Curse tablet

IIW: Romance

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 2 years ago

votes: netn10, slimytrout

Jumbo Shrimp 5GU
Creature - Prawn Leviathan (U)
When Jumbo Shrimp dies, create eight Food tokens.
Shrimp are delicious, but it takes a lot of them to make a decent meal.
8/8

IIW: Forgotten Realms speculation

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Votes: Void_nothing, Jovialjovian

The Lone Rangers 1WW
Creature - Human Artist (R)
At the beginning of the end step, if you control four or more creatures named The Lone Rangers, you win the game.
He tired of the radio station playing only soft rock, so he decided to make a mix tape for everyone to hear.
2/3

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 2 years ago

dyd slimytrout
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, netn10

Beggarly Riches 1WW
Enchantment (R)
When Beggarly Riches enters the battlefield, you may return target nonland permanent card with mana value 1 or less from your graveyard to your hand.
Whenever a nontoken, nonland permanent with mana value 1 or less enters the battlefield under your control, create a Treasure token.

IIW: Long trips
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”