Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Crabs

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 10 (+3)
slimytrout 10 (+2)
void_nothing 8 (+4)
JovialJovian 5 (+2)
dyd 5 (+2)
bravelion83 4 (+1)
Riria 1 (+1)
haywire 1 (+1)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Phyrexian Eldrazi
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes netn10 bravelion83

Emrakul, Plague of the Eternities (14)
Legendary Creature – Phyrexian Eldrazi
Flying, infect
When you cast this spell, you gain control of each opponent until end of turn.
If another nontoken creature would leave the battlefield, exile it instead. If you do, create a token that's a copy of that creature, except it's colorless, is also a Phyrexian Eldrazi and it has infect.
9/19

IIW: combine two artifact types. (The artifact types are Clue, Contraption, Equipment, Food, Fortification, Gold, Treasure, and Vehicle)
Riria wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: slimytrout, void_nothing

Aberrant Swarmling 1U
Artifact Creature - Phyrexian Eldrazi (R)
Flash, flying
The first time an opponent casts a spell each turn, counter that spell unless its controller pays X, where X is the amount of life you lost that turn by paying costs for casting spells and activating abilities.
The first time you cast a spell each turn, you may may X*. If you do, copy that spell X/3 times. You may choose new targets for the copies.
"I don't get it. I actively don't understand this thing." - Jin-Gitaxias
2/4

IIW: A clearly Un-set card that works under normal rules.
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Modal DFC

Krestel, the Sixth One 4CC
Legendary Creature — Phyrexian Praetor (M)
When Krestel, the Sixth One enters the battlefield, tap all colored permanents each opponent controls. They don't untap during their controllers' untap step. (Lands are colorless.)
Colored permanents you control untap during each player's untap step.
6/6

//

Fhorus, the Ruinous 9CC
Legendary Creature — Eldrazi (M)
Flying, trample, vigilance, protection from instants and sorceries
When Fhorus, the Ruinous attacks, destroy target colorless permanent defending player controls. (Lands are colorless.)
11/11

IIW: desert
slimytrout wrote:
2 years ago
netn10, void_nothing

Sheoldred, Corrupted 3BB
Legendary Creature - Phyrexian Praetor (M)
Menace
If you would draw a card, instead you may return a creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
At the beginning of each end step, if you both own and control Sheoldred, Corrupted and a creature named Jin-Gitaxias, Insane, exile them, then meld them into Shetaxias, the Darkest Mind.
4/5
///
Shetaxias, the Darkest Mind
Legendary Creature - Eldrazi Phyrexian Praetor (M)
As long as it's your turn, Shetaxias, the Darkest Mind has protection from everything.
Whenever Shetaxias, the Darkest Mind deals combat damage to a player, that player exiles that many cards from the top of their library. You may cast one of those cards without paying its mana cost.
6/6

IIW: Proliferate
JovialJovian wrote:
2 years ago
votes: haywire, dyd

Huskmother (10)
Creature - Phyrexian Eldrazi
Whenever Huskmother is blocked by one or more creatures, you may exile one of those creatures.
At the beginning of your end step, put all creature cards exiled with Huskmother onto the battlefield with husk counters on them. They are noncreature Equipment artifacts with Living Weapon, "Equipped creature has this card's abilities and gets +X/+Y, where X is this card's power and Y is this card's toughness." and Equip Z, where Z is that card's mana cost. (As each one enters the battlefield, create a 0/0 black Germ creature token and attach that equipment to it.)
7/11

IIW: Non-green Ooze
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: JoviaJovian, void_nothi

Reimagining of Worlds 8
Creature - Phyrexian Eldrazi (Mythic)
Emerge 9BUG
When you cast Reimagining of Worlds, destroy all noncreature, nonland permanents. Draw a card and each opponent discards a card for each permanant destroyed this way.
8/8

IIW: Blue exiles and gives something back.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
2 years ago
riria jovialjovian
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: slimytrout, dyd

Discordant Scourge 5
Creature - Eldrazi Phyrexian (R)
First strike
Whenever Discordant Scourge attacks, you may pay 2 life and/or 2. When you pay 2 life in this way, put two -1/-1 counters on target creature defending player controls. When you pay 2 in this way, defending player sacrifices a noncreature, nonland permanent.
5/3

IIW: Turtle Hydras of Eldraine
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: slimytrout void_nothing

Crazzerdrix 3gu
Creature - Rabbit Crab Fish Beast
Reach, trample
Creatures you control have "{3}{G}{U}: Adapt 2". (If that creature has no +1/+1 counters on it, put a +1/+1 counter on it.)
Creatures you control with +1/+1 counters on them have ward , where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on them.
"You know that tale about the bored wizard that merged a bunny and a piranha? I've always wanted to one-up him."
—Gulistan, Simic biomancer

5/5

IIW: Wolf Sheep

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, netn10

Sand Crab U
Creature — Crab (U)
Defender
Sand Crab can't be blocked.
2U: Until end of turn, Sand Crab gets +1/+0 and can attack as though it didn't have defender.
You can't be seen if you stay under the sand.
0/3
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 2 years ago

void_nothing, netn10

Patternshell Hermit 2U
Creature - Crab (U)
Ward - Tap an untapped creature you control. (Whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, counter it unless that player taps an untapped creature they control.)
Whenever Patternshell Hermit blocks, scry 1.
2/4

IIW: Mythic vehicles

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 2 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, netn10

Seabed Scavenger
Creature — Crab (U)
: Exile a card from a graveyard. If that card was a creature card, put a +1/+1 counter on Seabed Scavenger and scry 1.
0/2

IIW: Slugs or Snails.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

netn10

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, JovialJovian

Gems Collector U
Creature - Crab (Rare)
2UU, T: Gain control of target artifact.
"Hold your horses near the shores. The crabs might surprise you."
0/4

IIW: Fractals.

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 2 years ago

votes: slimytrout, netn10

Steelshell Crab 3U
Artifact Creature - Crab (C)
Mutate 1U
This creature gets +0/+5
1/1

IIW: Yu Gi Oh

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 2 years ago

dyd bravelion83
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: Riria, slimytrout

Seafoam Crab 1UU
Creature - Crab Illusion (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, target player mills a card for each Crab you control.
Whenever a player mills a creature card, create a 1/1 blue Crab Illusion creature token.
1/3

IIW: Combat tricks
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”