Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Monks

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
JovialJovian 51 (+3)
dyd 47 (+1)
Venedrex 43 (+4)
netn10 41 (+2)
void_nothing 39 (+3)
bravelion83 36 (+1)
ahyangyi 22
haywire 16
dangerousdice 5
FoilSquared 5
wizyard 3
Riria 3
duducrash 1
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Locks and keys
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: Venedrex, void_nothing

Curious Lockbox
Artifact
Hideaway (This artifact enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, look at the top four cards of your library, exile one face down, then put the rest on the bottom of your library.)
t: When target creature you control deals combat damage to a player this turn, you may play the exiled card. When you do, return Curious Lockbox to its owner's hand. (If you cast a spell this way, you still pay its costs. You can play a land this way only if you have an available land play remaining.)
\\\\ MDFC \\\\
The Anywhere Key 4
Legendary Artifact
g, t: Search your library for a land card with a different name than each land you control, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.
u, t: Exile another target nontoken permanent you control or own. Return it to the battlefield under your control at the beginning of the next end step.

IIW: Cassandra
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, netn10

Universal Key 2
Artifact (U)
2, T: Create a Treasure token.
4, T: Target creature you control can't be blocked this turn.
Whether they are chests or gates, this is the key to everything.

IIW: party
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: JoviaJovian,Venedrex

Treasure Box 5
Locked Artifact (Rare)
When Treasure Box is opened, create three treasure tokens and draw three cards. (It's not locked anymore.)
/// MDFC ///
Sea-Raiders Key 3U
Artifact - Key (Rare)
T: Open target locked artifact or untap another target artifact.
2U: Untap Sea-Raiders Key.

IIW: Non-aggro Boros or aggro mono blue.
JovialJovian wrote:
2 years ago
votes: Venedrex, void_nothing

Deadbolt 2WB
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant permanent or permanent card in a graveyard
When Deadbolt enters the battlefield, if it's enchanting a permanent, put that permanent into its owner's graveyard.
The enchanted card can't leave its owner's graveyard.
When Deadbolt leaves the battlefield, put the enchanted permanent card onto the battlefield under its owner's control.

IIW: Chimera
Venedrex wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, bravelion83

The Demon Prison
Legendary Artifact — (M)
The Demon Prison enters the battlefield tapped.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control the Chronometer, the Sands of Sanctity, the Oculus, the Font of Immortality, and the Translocator, untap The Demon Prison and create six 6/6 black Demon creature tokens with flying, trample, and haste.
At the beginning of your end step, if you control twelve or more demons, you win the game.

IIW: Cards inspired by Fantasy Novels.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
2 years ago
jovialjovian venedrex
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: dyd, netn10

Azilret, the Everywhere Key WUBRG
Legendary Artifact - Key (M)
Azilret, the Everywhere Key enters the battlefield tapped.
Keys you control have "T: Copy target spell. You may choose new targets for the copy."
The purpose of Clavia's very existence.

IIW: 8
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: bravelion83, JovialJovian

Begging Capuchin gw
Creature - Monkey Monk
Reach
You can't sacrifice artifacts to activate abilities.
Whenever an opponent attacks with creatures, create a Food token. If two or more of those creatures are attacking you and/or planeswalkers you control, create a Treasure token.
Their vow of poverty forbids them from owning and even touching money.
1/4

IIW: weird hairdos

netn10

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: JoviaJovian, Venedrex

Drunken Master RR
Creature - Human Monk (Rare)
Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, choose one at random:
* Drunken Master gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
* Discard a random card. If you do, draw a card.
* Drunken Master deals 1 damage to itself.
2/2

IIW: What if Strixhaven was allied set.

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Alert Meditator 2W
Creature — Human Monk (R)
Vigilance
W, T: Put a +1/+1 counter on target white creature you control.
2W, T: You gain life equal to the greatest power among creatures you control.
One eye closed to meditate, the other open to watch over his surroundings.
2/2

IIW: dinosaurs
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 2 years ago

void_nothing, bravelion83

Ojutai's Champion
Creature - Djinn Monk (R)
Flying
Prowess

Whenever you cast a non-creature spell choose one-

-Ojutai's Champion gains hexproof until the end of the turn, tap Ojutai's Champion

-You gain life equal to Ojutai's Champion power

-Tap target creature an opponent control
2/2

IIW : Strixhaven exchange students

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 2 years ago

Votes: dyd, netn10

Soam, Teacher of Peace
Legendary Creature — Elemental Monk (M)
Ward
Monk spells you cast have convoke.
At the beginning of each player's postcombat main phase, if that player didn't attack with a creature this turn, they may exile the top X cards of their library, where X is equal to the number of creatures they control. Until end of turn, that player may play those cards.
4/4

IIW: Party
Last edited by Venedrex 2 years ago, edited 9 times in total.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 2 years ago

votes: dyd, bravelion83

Firesoul Evoker 2RW
Creature - Elemental Monk
Vigilance
When Firesoul Evoker attacks, create a 4/1 red Elemental Monk creature token tapped and attacking, sacrifice that token at end of combat.
1/4

IIW: Peanuts

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 2 years ago

netn10 venedrex
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

MonoRedMage
Pronoun: they / them

Post by MonoRedMage » 2 years ago

Votes - dyd, bravelion83

Keral Keep Doorwatchers 1RR
Creature - Human Monk {U}
Trample
When Keral Keep Doorwatchers enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless you discard a card. If you discarded a card in this way and a source you control dealt noncombat damage this turn, draw two cards.
3/4

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Okina Missionary 1G
Creature - Human Monk (R)
Reach
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Okina Missionary by Spirit and Arcane sources.
Each opponent can't cast spells as long as they've played a nonbasic land this turn and can't play nonbasic lands as long as they've cast a spell this turn.
0/1

IIW: Nonblue Krakens, Leviathans, Octopi, or Serpents
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”