Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Locks and keys

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
JovialJovian 48 (+3)
dyd 46 (+1)
netn10 39 (+3)
Venedrex 39 (+3)
void_nothing 36 (+3)
bravelion83 35 (+1)
ahyangyi 22
haywire 16
dangerousdice 5
FoilSquared 5
wizyard 3
Riria 3
duducrash 1
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Insects
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, bravelion83

Scorpion Fly
Creature - Scorpion Insect
Flying, deathtouch
t, Sacrifice a bug: Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn for each bug you control. (Bugs are Insects, Scorpions, Slugs, Spiders and Worms.)
2/2

IIW: anagrams
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, Venedrex

Venomous Scorpion 1B
Creature — Insect (U)
Deathtouch
Whenever Venomous Scorpion deals combat damage to a creature, you draw a card and you lose 1 life.
Autopsy is the source of most medical knowledge.
1/2

IIW: party
JovialJovian wrote:
2 years ago
votes: netn10, dyd

Season of Swarms 6GGG
Tribal Enchantment - Insect (R)
Affinity for Insects (This spell costs 1 less to cast for each Insect you control.)
At the beginning of your end step, for each token you control, create a token that's a copy of that permanent.
Forecast - 1G, Reveal Season of Swarms from your hand: Create a 1/1 green Insect creature token. (Activate this ability only during your upkeep, and only once each turn.)

IIW: Eelfolk
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, Venedrex

Crawling Nightmare BB
Creature - Insect Nightmare (Rare)
Whenever an Insect you control enters the battlefield, target opponent exiles a card from their hand.
You may play cards exiled with Crawling Nightmare.
1/1

IIW: New mascot for one Strixhaven collage.
Venedrex wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Composting Pillbug
Creature — Insect
: Mill two cards.
: Exile up to two target land cards from your graveyard, then return that many target land cards from your graveyard to your hand.
1/1

IIW: Monks
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
2 years ago
venedrex void_nothing
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Nimble Geopede R
Creature - Insect (U)
Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may have Nimble Geopede get +1/+0 until end of turn. If you don't, Nimble Geopede gains your choice of first strike or menace until end of turn. If you control five or more lands, instead you may have Nimble Geopede get +2/+0 until end of turn. If you don't, Nimble Geopede gains your choice of double strike or "This creature can't be blocked" until end of turn.
1/1

IIW: Cannons
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: Venedrex, void_nothing

Curious Lockbox
Artifact
Hideaway (This artifact enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, look at the top four cards of your library, exile one face down, then put the rest on the bottom of your library.)
t: When target creature you control deals combat damage to a player this turn, you may play the exiled card. When you do, return Curious Lockbox to its owner's hand. (If you cast a spell this way, you still pay its costs. You can play a land this way only if you have an available land play remaining.)
\\\\ MDFC \\\\
The Anywhere Key 4
Legendary Artifact
g, t: Search your library for a land card with a different name than each land you control, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.
u, t: Exile another target nontoken permanent you control or own. Return it to the battlefield under your control at the beginning of the next end step.

IIW: Cassandra

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, netn10

Universal Key 2
Artifact (U)
2, T: Create a Treasure token.
4, T: Target creature you control can't be blocked this turn.
Whether they are chests or gates, this is the key to everything.

IIW: party
Last edited by bravelion83 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

netn10

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: JoviaJovian,Venedrex

Treasure Box 5
Locked Artifact (Rare)
When Treasure Box is opened, create three treasure tokens and draw three cards. (It's not locked anymore.)
/// MDFC ///
Sea-Raiders Key 3U
Artifact - Key (Rare)
T: Open target locked artifact or untap another target artifact.
2U: Untap Sea-Raiders Key.

IIW: Non-aggro Boros or aggro mono blue.

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 2 years ago

votes: Venedrex, void_nothing

Deadbolt 2WB
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant permanent or permanent card in a graveyard
When Deadbolt enters the battlefield, if it's enchanting a permanent, put that permanent into its owner's graveyard.
The enchanted card can't leave its owner's graveyard.
When Deadbolt leaves the battlefield, put the enchanted permanent card onto the battlefield under its owner's control.

IIW: Chimera

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 2 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, bravelion83

The Demon Prison
Legendary Artifact — (M)
The Demon Prison enters the battlefield tapped.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control the Chronometer, the Sands of Sanctity, the Oculus, the Font of Immortality, and the Translocator, untap The Demon Prison and create six 6/6 black Demon creature tokens with flying, trample, and haste.
At the beginning of your end step, if you control twelve or more demons, you win the game.

IIW: Cards inspired by Fantasy Novels.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 2 years ago

jovialjovian venedrex
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: dyd, netn10

Azilret, the Everywhere Key WUBRG
Legendary Artifact - Key (M)
Azilret, the Everywhere Key enters the battlefield tapped.
Keys you control have "T: Copy target spell. You may choose new targets for the copy."
The purpose of Clavia's very existence.

IIW: 8
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”