Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Riff on a Magic Librarity

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
void_nothing 10 (+6)
netn10 9 (+4)
haywire 7
bravelion83 6 (+0)
JovialJovian 6 (+3)
dyd 5 (+3)
Riria 4 (+3)
TheAmericanSpirit 1 (+1)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Punctuation other than a comma in the card name
Riria wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovianJovian, void_nothing

Really? 0
Instant (R) (Color indicator: Black)
Destroy target creature if its controller controls five or more creatures.
At this point, free might as well be too expensive.

IIW: Non-weapon equipment
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, void_nothing

Stop! 3uu
Instant
Counter target spell. If its controller controls an attacking creature, end the turn.

IIW: a twist on a futureshifted card or mechanic
haywire wrote:
3 years ago
RIP, first month playing this one, forgot the IIW.
Votes: dyd, netn10

Aspect of Protection: Creature
Creature - Avatar
Lifelink, vigilance
: The next time a creature source of your choice would deal damage to you this turn, prevent that damage.
7/7

IIW: Hell or heck bent
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: netn10, dyd

100% Success Rate UR

Instant (Mythic)

Split Second

Until the end of turn, instants and sorceries you cast gain split second.

"The academy students knew it was cheating. The professors clamored for their explusion. The headmaster merely smiled and said, "If they can cast a spell like that, I'd say they've aced their exams."
IIW: Nonbasic Land Cycle
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Riria, void_nothing

Three cards without rarity. Everyone, please always remember to include a rarity. The evaluation of a card is quite different if it's a common or a rare. Also, make sure the name is bolded.

Maro-Sorcerer's Blessing 3GG
Enchantment — Aura (R)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has trample.
As Maro-Sorcerer's Blessing enters the battlefield, choose Molimo or Multani.
• Molimo — Enchanted creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of lands you control.
• Multani — Enchanted creature's power and toughness are each equal to the total number of cards in all players' hands.

IIW: Planar Chaos-style timeshifted cards (cards that exist in a color made in another color that also makes sense for the effect, for example Damnation)
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
votes: netn10, void_nothing

Adelaide & Arno: Partners in Crime 2GUB
Legendary Planeswalker - Adelaide Arno
{+2}: Each player may reveal a permanent card from their hand. Then you may put all of those cards onto the battlefield under their owners' control.
{+1}: Choose two target permanents that share a card type, exchange control of those permanents.
{-2}: Gain control of target nonland permanent who's controller controls a permanent you own that shares a card type with it.
{-7}: Each player sacrifices all nonland permanents they both control and own.
{4}

IIW: it isn't easy being Green
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Riria, TheAmericanSpirit

The Selhoff Dispatch: Issue CXXII 2
Artifact - Clue (U)
Spirit, Vampire, Werewolf, and Zombie spells cost 1 more to cast.
2, Sacrifice The Selhoff Dispatch: Issue CXXII: Draw a card.
2, Exile The Selhoff Dispatch: Issue CXXII from your graveyard: Return target creature to its owner's hand.
This publication seems to contain more and more survival tips with each issue.

IIW: Etherium
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
dyd void_nothing
MonoRedMage wrote:
3 years ago
Votes - JovialJovian, netn10

Attack! 1R
Instant {U}
Until end of turn, creatures target player controls get +1/+0, gain haste, and attack each combat if able.

IIW - Sheep
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago

1% Effort U
Sorcery (Rare)
Counter target spell.
Laziness can make infinite potential so frustrating to the bystanders.

IIW: Weird card.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

votes: TheAmericanSpirit, bravelion83

Lost In The Index 1W
Enchantment - Aura Curse
Enchant player
If enchanted player would search a player's library, instead they search that player's decklist, select a card, then search that library for the selected card, and continue resolving the search effect if the selected card fits the criteria of the search.
About: Coming Soon

IIW: Something simple
Last edited by JovialJovian 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: Riria, MonoRedMage
@bravelion83
Show
Hide
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago

Three cards without rarity. Everyone, please always remember to include a rarity. The evaluation of a card is quite different if it's a common or a rare. Also, make sure the name is bolded.
As far as I remember, specifying rarity has never been required in this game :thinking: I get your concern, but I think we just assumed it's always the correct rarity :crazy:
I'll make a new Astral card

Refraction of the Eternities 2ur
Enchantment
Whenever a player casts a spell, they choose another card at random with the same colors and mana value. They may have that spell become a copy of that card. (Choose only among cards that are legal in the format you're playing.)

IIW: a digital-only card (something that would be very hard or time consuming to use in paper magic)

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
@void_nothing I do not understand the prompt.
Neither do I

Votes: void_nothing, MonoRedMage

EDIT: Ok, let's try this. Based on Splendid Genesis.

New Genesis UUUU
Sorcery (M)
Restart the game.
"Take this chance to relive your life. Picture this: all your mistakes, wrong choices, and such, erased, magically, with a single touch. You're a blank slate, just like when you were born for the first time. What will you do this time? Who will you be this time?"
—Teferi

IIW: party (the mechanic from Zendikar Rising)
Last edited by bravelion83 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

So the idea is to riff on (design a card based on) one of the unique cards at that link, like the infamous 1996 World Champion and Shichifukujin Dragon or, as dyd did, the MicroProse in-game cards.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: TheAmericanSpirit, bravelion83

Unpredictable Djinn RRR
Creature - Djinn (Rare)
Whenever Unpredictable Djinn attacks, flip a coin. If you lose the flip, discard your hand.
"I will take everything from you! Maybe..."
5/5

IIW: Strixhaven

Riria

Post by Riria » 3 years ago

Votes: dyd, JovialJovian

Garfield's Playtest Angel 4WUB
Creature - Angel Advisor (R)
Flying, vigilance, hexproof
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Garfield's Playtest Angel dies, return it to the battlefield under your control.
5/5

IIW: Small adult dragon

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

theamericanspirit bravelion83
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

MonoRedMage
Pronoun: they / them

Post by MonoRedMage » 3 years ago

Votes - haywire, bravelion83

Hidetsugu's Diplomacy 2RR
Sorcery {R}
Cast this spell only if each player controls five or more lands.
Hidetsugu's Diplomacy deals damage to each player equal to half their life total, rounded down. Each player sacrifices half the lands they control, rounded down.

IIW: Doubling

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Votes: bravelion83, JovialJovian

Zamlud's War Machine 8
Artifact Creature - Juggernaut Golem (R)
Menace, prowess, vigilance
Zamlud's War Machine blocks each combat if able.
4: Target player gains control of Zamlud's War Machine until end of turn.
8/8

IIW: The Brothers' War

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”