Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

CCL February Finals/Round 4

"Everything's at Stake"

Archangel of Strife, taken from edhrec, by Greg Staples and Wizards of the Coast
Welcome to the Card Creation League! Everyone is free to participate in either or both of the first two rounds. Come join us!

Theme

It's Risk Month here in the CCL! During this month, we will be taking chances and doing things at random.

Challenge
Design five monocolored cards, one for each color, that pose a risk to their controller in some way.
Clarifications
Show
Hide
  • This is an open-ended challenge and there are no particular mechanical restrictions on it.
  • Make sure to include a rarity.
Your submissions are tentatively due Monday, March 8th, 23:59 EST.
Contestants:
@Venedrex
@MonoRedMage
@slimytrout

Schedule
  • Round 1 — Open to Everyone (February 1st-8th)
  • Round 2 — Open to Everyone (February 11th-18th)
  • Rounds 1 and 2 Critiques (Due February 20th)
  • Top 8 — Open to top 8 finishers (February 25th-28th)
  • Top 8 Critiques (Due March 1st)
  • Top 4 — Open to top 4 finishers (March 2nd-March 5th)
  • Top 4 Critiques (Due March 7th)
  • Final (March, winner determined by public poll)
Please note: For this month we will continue asking first and second round contestants to evaluate seven other contestants during the critique and top 3 period, in order to increase the total number of evaluations each contestant gets.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Participation bump for all 3 finalists!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 3 years ago

Imperial Expansion 2WW
Enchantment (R)
Creatures you control get +1/+1.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Imperial Might isn't a token, create a token that's a copy of Imperial Expansion.
Creatures you control with power 5 or greater can't attack.

Fraudulent Goods 3UU
Enchantment (U)
When Fraudulent Goods enters the battlefield, exchange control of Fraudulent Goods and up to one target permanent an opponent controls.
6: Return Fraudulent Goods and another target permanent to their owners' hands.
"I demand a refund!"

Sysphon Deceives Erebos 3BB
Enchantment - Saga (M)
I, II, III - Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. It enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each lore counter on Sysphon Deceives Erebos.
IV - You lose the game.

Crazed Fury 1R
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has trample.
Whenever enchanted creature deals combat damage to a creature, Crazed Fury deals that much damage to enchanted creature's controller.

Servant of Karametra 2G
Enchantment Creature - Nymph (R)
All creatures have "T: Add one mana of any color."
Karametra offers her bounty to any who desires it.
2/2
Last edited by slimytrout 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Venedrex » 3 years ago

Beloved Leader
Creature - Human Advisor (R)
Other creatures you control get +2/+2
When Beloved Leader dies, return each creature you control to your hand.
When she fell, so did their cause.
3/3

Resonant Sight
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant permanent you control.
Play with the top card of your library revealed.
You may play cards from the top of your library that share a permanent type with enchanted permanent.
: Attach Resonant Sight to target permanent you control.

Sanguine Summons
Sorcery (M)
As an additional cost to cast this spell, pay X life and sacrifice X permanents you control. Then cascade X times, where X is equal to the amount of life paid this way.

Swiftspike Geopede
Creature - Insect (R)
Haste
Enrage — Whenever Swiftspike Geopede is dealt damage, sacrifice a land, then put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Exile a land card from your graveyard: Swiftspike Geopede gains indestructible until end of turn. Tap it.
2/2

Savage Baloth
Creature - Beast (R)
Trample
At the beginning of your upkeep, Savage Baloth fights another creature.
5/5
Last edited by Venedrex 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

MonoRedMage
Pronoun: they / them

Post by MonoRedMage » 3 years ago

Could I have a one day extension please?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Yeah, of course. That would be fine.

MonoRedMage
Pronoun: they / them

Post by MonoRedMage » 3 years ago

Duel-Mace Judge 2W
Creature - Elephant Knight {R}
Whenever Duel-Mace Judge blocks or becomes blocked by one or more creatures, flip a coin. If you win the flip, Duel-Mace Judge and each of those creatures gain indestructible until end of turn.
1R: Target attacking creature you control gets +1/+0 and gains trample until end of turn.
4/4

Gem Speculation UU
Instant {U}
Mill a card. If you milled a land card in this way, draw two cards. Otherwise, each player shuffles their library, then you draw a card.
Flashback 4R

Coalscalded Dieflyn B
Creature - Imp {U}
Flying
When Coalscalded Dieflyn enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to any target and 2 damage to you.
When Coalscalded Dieflyn dies, you may pay R. When you do, it deals 1 damage to any target and 2 damage to you.
0/1

Master of the Misshapen 2RR
Creature - Horror Mutant {M}
Haste
Whenever you cast a creature spell, put that spell card on the bottom of your library. When you do, reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card, then put that card onto the battlefield and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
4/4

Uprooted Settlements G
Instant {U}
Each player may put a creature card with converted mana cost 1 or less and a land card from their hand onto the battlefield.
2R, Discard Uprooted Settlements: Each player sacrifices a land.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

And that should do it! Time for the poll...

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”