New Challenge Every Day - July 10th: Universes Beyond: Multiple non-MTG fandom crossover

void_nothing
Awoke After a Millennium
Answers: 129
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 week ago

Today's Challenge: Universes Beyond: Multiple non-MTG fandom crossover

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
EsperCormorant 24 (+2)
shullz 22 (+2)
Alchemist 17 (+3)
void_nothing 15 (+3)
netn10 11 (+0)
somedue1019 10 (+1)
Wren 9
xyz1Official 6
Arksight101 6 (+3)
KB52665 5 (+2)
AntGamerG0D 1
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.

existing creature as a token (e.g. Tarmagoyf token)
shullz wrote:
1 week ago
Votes: EsperCormorant, KB52665

IIW: Fairy tales
EsperCormorant wrote:
1 week ago
Votes: Alchemist, KB52665

The Rise of Yargle
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I: Target player sacrifices a creature.
II: Create a 9/3 black Legendary Frog Spirit creature token named Yargle, Glutton of Urborg.
III: Double the power and toughness of each creature you control until end of turn.

IIW: Role tokens
somedue1019 wrote:
1 week ago
Votes: Arksight101, shullz

IIW: Universes Beyond — A Song of Ice and Fire (or Dance of Dragons)
Alchemist wrote:
1 week ago
Votes: Arksight, void_nothing

Recruitment Drive
Enchantment (R)
You cannot cast creature spells.
: Create a 1/1 red human advisor token named Imperial Recruiter with "When Imperial Recruiter enters the battlefield, search your library for a creature card with power 2 or less, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle." Activate only as a sorcery.
Sacrifice Recruitment Drive: Create a Treasure token for each creature named Imperial Recruiter you control.
"Have you considered a career with the Armed Forces?"

I regret not putting Varmint amongst the Nuisances.

IIW: You cannot...
netn10 wrote:
1 week ago
Votes: void_nothing, shullz

Greatness, All Around Us 1B
Enchantment (Mythic)
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player creates a Dark Confidant token if they doesn't control at least one.
3B: Look at the top card of each player's library. You may put any number of them into their owner's graveyard. Activate this ability only if each player controls a creature named Dark Confidant.

IIW: Hybrid common
Arksight101 wrote:
1 week ago
Votes: Alchemist, somedue1019
And here's the token in it's MH3 set form, because I'm too lazy to make it right now: Glaring Fleshraker
IIW: Your own Eldrazi OC
xyz1Official wrote:
1 week ago
Votes: void_nothing, Arksight101

IIW: "Do you pay the ?"
void_nothing wrote:
1 week ago
Votes: EsperCormorant, Alchemist

Carmot Pharos of New Alara 4RW
Legendary Artifact (M)
When Carmot Pharos of New Alara enters the battlefield, it deals 2 damage any target, target player gains 2 life, and you scry 2.
2, T, Discard a multicolored card or sacrifice a multicolored permanent: Create an Esperzoa creature token for each spell you cast this turn. Those tokens gain haste until end of turn. (The tokens are 2U 4/3 Jellyfish artifact creatures with flying and "At the beginning of your upkeep, return an artifact you control to its owner's hand.")

IIW: Big undead
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type, Kindred is a card type, and typal is a general term for caring about subtypes.

Arksight101

Post by Arksight101 » 1 week ago

Votes: somedue1019, void_nothing

IIW: Freerunning

void_nothing
Awoke After a Millennium
Answers: 129

Post by void_nothing » 1 week ago

Votes: shullz, Arksight101
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type, Kindred is a card type, and typal is a general term for caring about subtypes.

Alchemist
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Alchemist » 1 week ago

Votes: netn10, xyz1official

Vigilance
Jake and Courage must block and be blocked by Feature Creatures if able (Nightmares, horrors, aliens, werewolves, and mutants are Feature Creatures)
Innocents you control have Protection from Feature Creatures. (Creatures and Planeswalkers that have not dealt damage are Innocents)
Sacrifice Jake and Courage: Permanents you control gain hexproof and indestructible until end of turn.

I cant stop batching...

IIW: Create a new "state" for things to be in (suspected, innocent, suspended, plotted, etc.)
Inifinite notions, recombining and blossoming anew. Innumerable reasons to keep going.

shullz

Post by shullz » 1 week ago

Votes: Alchemist, netn10

IIW: Ninjutsu cost not paid with mana

EsperCormorant
Pronoun: they / them

Post by EsperCormorant » 1 week ago

I vote for Shullz and netn10

Mario and Marth, Smash Brothers
Legendary Creature - Human Noble Citizen (R)
Spectacle (You may cast this spell for its spectacle cost if an opponent lost life this turn)
Melee (Whenever this creature attacks, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each opponent you attacked this combat.)
Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets Mario and Marth, Smash Brothers, it gains double strike until end of turn.
3/3

...ran into the Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar problem a little there, but nothing we can't fix.

IIW: Toughness matters
Last edited by EsperCormorant 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
I picked this name before I knew Esper Cormorants was a card: believe it or not!

Wren
The Creature

Post by Wren » 1 week ago

Votes: xyz1Official, somedue1019

Might of the Small
Enchantment - Aura (M)
Enchant creature with base power 1
When Might of the Small enters the battlefield, you may put any number of Aura or Equipment cards from your hand or graveyard onto the battlefield attached to enchanted creature.
Sometimes those who appear the least powerful can surprise you with their strength

(Card references indie metroidvania/metroidvania-like games with small protagonists like Hollow Knight, the Ori games, Rain World, etc.)

IIW: Kicker cost that isn't mana

somedue1019

Post by somedue1019 » 1 week ago

Votes: xyz1Official, Arksight101

(I know this is two cards, just pretend their part of a new themed Pre-Con, or something 😅)

IIW: Offspring

chonkeeburrito

Post by chonkeeburrito » 1 week ago

Votes: shullz, Wren

IIW: Creepy crawlies (insects, spiders, worms, etc.) 😎

side note: I hope I did this right

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 week ago

Votes: shullz, xyz1Official

Geralt of the Soul Edge 2WW
Legendary Creature - Human Mutant Mercenary (Mythic)
Prowess
Geralt enters bearing the Soul Edge. (If there's no Soul Edge on the battlefield, create one. Attach a Soul Edge to this creature.)
X, T: Destroy target creature with toughness 4 plus or minus X.
"Negotiate only with my new blade. I think I'll like it here."
3/3
Soul Edge
Show
Hide
Soul Edge
Legendary Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +3/+0, has trample and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, that player loses that much life."
At the begining of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on equipped creature.
IIW: Mono white prowess

xyz1Official
Pronoun: she / her

Post by xyz1Official » 1 week ago

Votes: shullz, EsperCormorant

IIW: Universes Beyond: Real Life

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”