void_nothing
Awoke After a Millennium
Answers: 129
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 week ago

July CCL Signups/Round 2
"Let's Look Into It"

Drag the Canal, by Josh Hass, taken from EchoMtG
Welcome to the Card Creation League! Everyone is free to participate in either or both of the first two rounds. Come join us!
Theme

It's Draw and Discard Month here at the CCL, dealing with two common ways cards enter and leave hands.

Challenge
Design a two-colored card that can cause one or more players to investigate.
Clarifications
Show
Hide
  • Your card must be exactly two colors. Its color identity doesn't matter.
  • Make sure to include a rarity.
Anyone can enter this second round! Your submissions are due Monday, July 15th, 23:59 EST.
Schedule
  • Round 1 — Open to Everyone (July 1st-8th)
  • Round 2 — Open to Everyone (July 9th-15th)
  • Rounds 1 and 2 Critiques (Due July 19th)
  • Top 8 — Open to top 8 finishers (July 19th-22nd)
  • Top 8 Critiques (Due July 25th)
  • Top 4 — Open to top 4 finishers (July 26th-29th)
  • Top 4 Critiques (Due August 2nd)
  • Final (August, winner determined by public poll)
For this month we will continue asking first and second round contestants to evaluate six other contestants during the critique and top 3 period, in order to increase the total number of evaluations each contestant gets.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type, Kindred is a card type, and typal is a general term for caring about subtypes.

KB52665

Post by KB52665 » 1 week ago

Thrasios, Kiora's Advocate 1gu
Legendary Creature — Merfolk Advisor (R)
When Thrasios enters, investigate once for each permanent you control that's green and/or blue.
Clues you control have "1{g/u}, , Sacrifice this artifact: Look at the top card of your library. You may put it onto the battlefield tapped if it's a Merfolk card or a land card. If you don't, put it into your hand."
For weeks he sifted the seabed for answers. What he found made him certain.
1/4
Last edited by KB52665 4 days ago, edited 10 times in total.

Peazful

Post by Peazful » 1 week ago

Balance Prosecutor
Creature - Human Detective {R}
Flash
Whenever an opponent draws their second card each turn, investigate.
, Sacrifice a Clue: Tap target creature and put a stun counter on it.
2/2
Fair is not equal.

Wren
The Creature
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Wren » 1 week ago

Eloise, Swamped Detective
Legendary Creature - Human Rogue (R)
Whenever another nontoken creature dies, investigate. This ability triggers only twice each turn.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control ten or more Clues, transform Eloise, Swamped Detective.
3/4
//
Eloise, the Broken Mind
Legendary Creature - Eldrazi Human
Menace
Sacrifice an artifact: Target player mills two cards.
, : Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control with a finality counter on it. It becomes an illusion in addition to its other types.
5/5

EsperCormorant

Post by EsperCormorant » 1 week ago

The Eldritch Moon Rises
Enchantment - Saga (R)
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
I: Create a colorless Cryptolith artifact token with ": Add . Spend this mana only to cast colorless spells or activate abilities of colorless permanents"
II: Investigate twice. (Create two colorless Clue artifact tokens with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")
III: Whenever you sacrifice a non-Eldrazi permanent this turn, create a colorless 3/2 Eldrazi Horror creature token.
Last edited by EsperCormorant 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.
I picked this name before I knew Esper Cormorants was a card: believe it or not!

soullord222

Post by soullord222 » 1 week ago

Malicious Towncrier 1RB
Creature — Human Wolf
Menace, Haste

At the beginning of your postcombat mainphase, each opponent who lost life this turn investigates. Then you investigate X times, where X is the amount of opponents who investigated this way.

Hear me, hear me.

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 1 week ago

Skywatch Investigator 1{w/u}
Creature — Bird Detective (R)
Flying
Whenever a player casts their second spell each turn, investigate.
1WU, Sacrifice a Clue: Detain target artifact or creature an opponent controls. Activate this ability once each turn.
"Say no more. The evidence, as always, will speak for itself."
2/1
Last edited by Sagharri 1 week ago, edited 4 times in total.

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 week ago

Bothered Alley-Cat WB
Creature - Cat Rogue Detective (Common)
Ward—2, Pay 2 life.
Inspect - An opponent destroys a creature you control for the first time each turn. (Whenever one of your inspect conditions triggers, investigate for each creature you control with Inspect and Detective you control.)
"Sometimes I like to stroll the alleys to find peace of mind. Sometimes all I find is a rat like you."
2/2

MonoRedMage

Post by MonoRedMage » 1 week ago

Overawing Investigator 3RW
Creature - Hellion Detective {M}
Whenever an opponent attacks you or a planeswalker you control with one or more creatures, Overawing Investigator deals that much damage to that opponent.
Noncreature spells your opponents cast cost 2 more to cast.
Whenever a source you control deals noncombat damage to an opponent or an opponent casts a noncreature spell, investigate.
6/4

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 6 days ago

Forensic Psychologist UB
Creature — Human Advisor Detective (rare)
Whenever another player draws their second card each turn you may look at their hand and investigate.
Clues you control have "2, Sacrifice this artifact: Target player discards a card."
1/3

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 5 days ago

Slova, Book Thief
Legendary Creature — Human Rogue Wizard (R)
Menace, haste
Whenever Slova, Book Thief deals combat damage to a player, if that player has more cards in hand then you, investigate number of times equal to the difference.
When you draw your fourth card each turn, you may search target opponent's hand and/or library for a sorcery card and cast it without paying its mana cost.
1/2

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 5 days ago

Obsessive Dredging 2BG
Sorcery (Rare)
Exile three random cards from your graveyard. Put each land card exiled this way onto the battlefield tapped. Investigate for each nonland card exiled this way.
Rebound
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 4 days ago

Dack's Memory Book
Legendary Artifact (Mythic Rare)
When Dack's Memory Book enters, investigate.
At the beginning of your end step, create a colorless X/X Construct Spirit artifact creature, where X is the number of noncreature artifact tokens you control.
: Create a token that's a copy of target noncreature permanent an opponent controls. It's an artifact in addition to its other types.
Stealing other ideas is a way to honor the greatest thief.
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 4 days ago

There's a Murderer on the Loose! -- WU
Enchantment - Saga {U}
I -- Tap up to one target creature. Investigate.
II -- Detain up to two target creatures. You and another target player each investigate.
III - Put a stun counter on up to three target creatures. Everybody investigates!

void_nothing
Awoke After a Millennium
Answers: 129

Post by void_nothing » 3 days ago

Alright, with the round closed, please critique and post a top 3 for the six contestants above you on this list, looping to the top as necessary.

KB52665
Peazful
Wren
EsperCormorant
soullord222
Sagharri
netn10
MonoRedMage
Komandon
Lorn Asbord Schutta
kwanyeegor-ii
marioguy3
OneAndOnly
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type, Kindred is a card type, and typal is a general term for caring about subtypes.

EsperCormorant

Post by EsperCormorant » 2 days ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
5 days ago
Obsessive Dredging 2BG
Sorcery (Rare)
Exile three random cards from your graveyard. Put each land card exiled this way onto the battlefield tapped. Investigate for each nonland card exiled this way.
Rebound
Though there's some hoops to jump through (stocking the graveyard, the randomness, rebound), this does ultimately give you 2 or so lands and 4 or so clues, which is pretty good for four mana. At the same time, I'm not excited about anything here: generic flavor, generic effect... the best thing I can say about this card is that nothing is grossly wrong with it.
marioguy3 wrote:
4 days ago
Dack's Memory Book
At the beginning of your end step, create a colorless X/X Construct Spirit artifact creature, where X is the number of noncreature artifact tokens you control.
: Create a token that's a copy of target noncreature permanent an opponent controls. It's an artifact in addition to its other types.
I'm not quite sure on the flavor here: investigate, sure. Copies, I can see it. But where do the construct spirits come in? The process of determining and tracking the different power of all those constructs also seems like a hassle.

This card just feels a bit messy, creating tokens every turn whose stats depend on other tokens, which it also creates in two ways. For a card with so much going on, I'm a bit surprised that none of it all feels truly Red: sure, Dack is red, but characters get cards that only reflect part of their color identity all the time! Why couldn't this have been one of them?
OneAndOnly wrote:
4 days ago
There's a Murderer on the Loose! -- WU
Enchantment - Saga {U}
I -- Tap up to one target creature. Investigate.
II -- Detain up to two target creatures. You and another target player each investigate.
III - Put a stun counter on up to three target creatures. Everybody investigates!
Everybody investigates, exclamation mark?

This card feels like it kind of got away from itself. I like the idea of a saga that reflects a slowly growing hunt, and I think the initial balance here is pretty solid (though the III ability really should talk about tapping the creatures, to avoid the ambiguity of an untapped creature having a stun counter on it during the untap step), but ultimately it makes the card one-note to the extreme. It also generates a play pattern I don't like, where you can't really play this t2 or your opponent will just keep their creatures in reserve until the saga resolves, forcing you to target your own drops. More of a funny card than one I'd actually like to see printed.
KB52665 wrote:
1 week ago
Thrasios, Kiora's Advocate 1gu
Legendary Creature — Merfolk Advisor (R)
When Thrasios enters, investigate once for each permanent you control that's green and/or blue.
Clues you control have "1{g/u}, , Sacrifice this artifact: Look at the top card of your library. You may put it onto the battlefield tapped if it's a Merfolk card or a land card. If you don't, put it into your hand."
For weeks he sifted the seabed for answers. What he found made him certain.
1/4
I like modifying the function of clues, but I'm a bit shaky about this many potential instant-speed bodies on the field, especially given that there's quite a few high-end merfolk. The card's own body+ETB are pretty aggressively costed too, and it's not like it's hard to create a deck that's mostly lands and merfolk! A card that can just sit there, take hits from your opponent's 3-drop, and get you something new on the battlefield each turn seems pretty good: I might like this more if it investigated only once, so you're forced to pair this with other clue sources to get the most out of it.

Flavor is whatever, would work better if I had some context here. Kiora is a lot more associated with giant ocean-dwellers than with her fellow merfolk, so it feels weird seeing her get namedropped here.
Peazful wrote:
1 week ago
Balance Prosecutor
Creature - Human Detective {R}
Flash
Whenever an opponent draws their second card each turn, investigate.
, Sacrifice a Clue: Tap target creature and put a stun counter on it.
2/2
Fair is not equal.
Seems good! Okay flavor, fine body, solid draw-punisher cool synergistic little ability: my only criticism is that it's not exactly pushing the envelope, but I like it quite a bit.
Wren wrote:
1 week ago
Whenever another nontoken creature dies, investigate. This ability triggers only twice each turn.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control ten or more Clues, transform Eloise, Swamped Detective.
3/4
//
Eloise, the Broken Mind
Menace
, : Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control with a finality counter on it. It becomes an illusion in addition to its other types.
5/5
The front of this is a very conservative version of Eloise, Nephalia Sleuth. Then when it flips, it can grab something choice from a graveyard, force some mill if it wants more options, and perhaps even swing for 5 (probably not though). I feel like the idea here is strong, but the play pattern a little unrefined: ten clues is a lot, and this spends a lot of time sitting around accumulating value, before suddenly flipping, milling up to twenty cards, and reanimating the best dead thing available. I think the card could've been shuffled around some so the front feels more impactful and the back is less explosive. Also, humans-turned-eldrazi typically don't have the human type, see Extricator of Sin // Extricator of Flesh.

I do like the idea here a lot, though!
Top 3
Show
Hide
1. Peazful with Balance Persecutor
2. Wren with Eloise, Swamped Detective
3. kwanyeegor-ii with Obsessive Dredging
I picked this name before I knew Esper Cormorants was a card: believe it or not!

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 2 days ago

Ratings
Show
Hide

Glad to see so many entries this round!
netn10 wrote:
1 week ago
Bothered Alley-Cat WB
Ward—2, Pay 2 life.
Inspect - An opponent destroys a creature you control for the first time each turn. (Whenever one of your inspect conditions triggers, investigate for each creature you control with Inspect and Detective you control.)
"Sometimes I like to stroll the alleys to find peace of mind. Sometimes all I find is a rat like you."
2/2
That's an awfully high ward cost.

Since Inspect is only an ability word, it can't be "found" by abilities the way flying or haste can, so "investigate for each creature you control with inspect" doesn't actually work from a rules perspective.

Inspect strikes me as one of those concepts that would be easier to simply spell out on each card. I can also imagine a lot of quarrels over whether this fellow self-inspects (..?) once or twice, given that he matches both criteria. From a development perspective, it's not worth the hassle and easier just to smooth out the details.

This also seems destined to create a lot of Clue tokens. What're you going to do with all those Clues?
MonoRedMage wrote:
1 week ago
Whenever an opponent attacks you or a planeswalker you control with one or more creatures, Overawing Investigator deals that much damage to that opponent.
Whenever a source you control deals noncombat damage to an opponent or an opponent casts a noncreature spell, investigate.
6/4
Non-sentient creatures as Detectives just seems off. I get it, this is a fantasy game, but Hellions are usually just depicted as mindless beasts... in red. So a Boros hellion seems even off-ier. And the "you hit me, so I hit you first" seems more mobster and less detective. The noncreature tax doesn't seem to go with the rest of the card. And the final ability seems tacked on. And the MV/stat raatio seems off, even in our power-creepy age.
Komandon wrote:
6 days ago
Forensic Psychologist UB
Whenever another player draws their second card each turn you may look at their hand and investigate.
Clues you control have "2, Sacrifice this artifact: Target player discards a card."
1/3
I like the general feel of this card -- it could use some flavor text, though. There's probably a tipping point where you have accumulated enough Clues to just force a player to discard their entire hand (at instant speed!) but I think you have to build quite a while to get there, and it would still cost 10 or 12 mana to pull off.

This would be a very different card if the condition were different -- "Whenever another player casts their second spell each turn..."

Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
5 days ago
Slova, Book Thief
Legendary Creature — Human Rogue Wizard (R)
Menace, haste
Whenever Slova, Book Thief deals combat damage to a player, if that player has more cards in hand then you, investigate number of times equal to the difference.
When you draw your fourth card each turn, you may search target opponent's hand and/or library for a sorcery card and cast it without paying its mana cost.
1/2
"Book Thief" doesn't read menace to me -- maybe Slova is bullying the school librarian? -- and rather someone who pilfers museums.

UR seems less likely to behind on cards than, say white. I suppose when you're on the play, and have already dropped your land drop for the turn, this dude would provide a good catch-up. This sounds like it would be absurd with multiple-combat cards, assuming he's getting through, since you never make up the card difference until you crack those Clues.

That's quite a pay-off. It might be easier to hit with wheels rather than dedicated draw. There's some quibbling over what happens if you choose to search but only find sorceries you don't want to cast.

kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
5 days ago
Obsessive Dredging 2BG
Sorcery (Rare)
Rebound
Hunh.

Dredging, of course, a particular meaning in MtG, and I wish you tied it more to the police-procedural work it feels like you're attempting to flavor this card as being.

Since it's random, it feels really overcosted -- 2BG and I don't know if I'm getting landfall or card draw, neither of which is an immediate payoff. The rebound makes up for it somewhat. (I originally misread it as retrace, and thought it hilarious that it could find the land discarded to pay its own retrace cost ... but that would actually be really, really efficient.)

marioguy3 wrote:
4 days ago
Dack's Memory Book
It feels cluttered. The second ability misses the word "token." I don't it needs to be defined as colorless (since it's never given a color otherwise). The copy ability could spiral quickly, but feels like it's now putting Dack into being the world's greatest forger, rather than the world's greatest thief.
Rankings
Show
Hide

Wren
The Creature

Post by Wren » 2 days ago

Peazful: I love this card. To me it's a more flavourful but slightly worse Faerie Mastermind, which I love because I can imagine it being a very good budget replacement for it in commander. Awesome card :D

KB52665: Clues are not super hard to get, especially with the first ability, so the second ability feels very good, especially with Maskwood Nexus effects. That being said I son't think it's too powerful, increasing the cards mana value by would balance it a bit more I feel. That fact does not stop me from wanting to build an edh deck with this though :p

OneAndOnly: I'm missing why this card taps and also detains creatures, but I like the idea of this card. The exclamation mark at the end of the last chapter made me laugh too, extra points for that.

marioguy3: The activated ability of this card is very funny and I love it, but I feel like it should probably be a tap ability. Also, I don't see the flavour in any of the effects other than maybe the investigate trigger, and even then, what's being investigated/who's investigating here? Is it Dack using the book to help with an investigation? Why does a memory book make copies of things on the battlefield, and not the graveyard? And why is this card red? Again, I love the mechanics of this card, but they're represented by the wrong thing imo.

kwanyeegor-ii: I adore this card, although I don't entirely understand why it's a random 3 cards. Sure, being able to choose 3 cards would make the card much better but making it a random 3 cards seems like a flavour fail to me. Unsure how I'd fix this without just increasing the mana cost.

Lorn Asbord Schutta: Very solid first ability, maybe kinda powerful on a 2 mana menace haste creature but it's not unprintable. The second ability is also very powerful, there are a lot of very good and very commonly run sorceries in magic. Being able to get something like a Ruinous Ultimatum or Reanimate relatively often thanks to cards like Brainstorm early on or Treasure Cruise is very good. I'm not sure how good this would be in formats that aren't commander, although I imagine Izzet Phoenix in Pioneer would probably be able to run one or two in the sideboard to steal a few Thoughtseizes. I'd say even just removing the menace and increasing the cost by would make this much more fair.

Top 3:
Peazful
kwanyeegor-ii
KB52665

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 2 days ago

Critiques
Show
Hide
OneAndOnly - There's a Murderer on the Loose!
Tap, detain, stun counters - isn't that too much? Scaling with each chapter is neat idea, but finally it feels like it lead nowhere. Would prefer simple "Each player investigates" as that "Everybody investigates!" reminds me rather an 'un-card' :(

KB52665 - Thrasios, Kiora's Advocate
Where is KLOS (Kraken, Leviathan, Octopus, Serpent) if we talk about Kiora? ;) GU could potentially make almost every time that Clue into extra lands (even more ramp?!) or Merfolks. So that may be an issue. Beside that I would feel it a bit more safe if it was at least mana value 4 or 5. Part about investigate for specific color fits and feels nice, but I think it should have cast-only clause.

Peazful - Balance Prosecutor
Simple and nice design. Playable, but rather hard to break.

Wren - Eloise, Swamped Detective//Eloise, the Broken Mind
It may take a rather bit too big while to transform Eloise - 10 is a quite lot (why not 5 with trigger once?). Not sure about that Illusion-reanimate (with such type why there is ? also there should be capital letter at creature type :P) as I think that people would rather like to play Eloise just for (in my opinion awesome) mill potential.

EsperCormorant - The Eldritch Moon Rises
On first look it seems okay. However...
First of all it should be GU not UG :P And why Cryptolith is -oriented? Comparing to other Cryptolith cards - these give mana of any color. Also I am not sure if "Chapter III" is correct in these colors, like also it is really powerful - not only you get token even for saga's built-in sacrifice, but it can turn cards like Pitiless Carnage downside into upside. Maybe it should just be limited to sacrificing Clues.

soullord222 - Malicious Towncrier
Beside poorly formatted and missing P/T... Mana cost reversed (should be 1BR). And why is it Human Wolf? Or what is that? There is Werewolf type for such purpose I think, but I don't know. Ability is pretty original and fits card name.
Top 3
Show
Hide
1. Peazful
2. Wren
3. KB52665

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 2 days ago

kwanyeegor-ii: Rebound in golgari is quite new to say the least. I think the card is quite good in focused land decks.

Lord Asborn Schutta: I really like strong izzet cards (my favorite guild) but this feels quite pushed. Instead of haste maybe give this first strike as this is a rather strong topdeck after you exhaust your hand early on.

Komandon: If you put sorcery speed restrictions on the clues you get for that discard ability, I'd say this card is flavorfully perfect.

MonoRedMage: This is pretty strong, but not terribly so. I like the first ability the most on the card.

netn10: This is a cat that is clearly clueing in on the power of card draw and everything strong.

Sagharri: Clue and detain is a cool combination I don't think we've seen much of before. Makes a detained permanent feel "clueless".

Top 3:

3rd place: Komandon
2nd place: netn10
1st place: Sagharri
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 8 hours ago

Komandon wrote:
6 days ago
Forensic Psychologist UB
1/3
Nice one. Probably would have sorcery restriction on discard, since you can quite comfortaby get quite a number of clues from single Psychologist alone. I am not sure about flavour: the triggered ability is perfect, but the Clue enhancement leans more into coercive type of interrogation.
MonoRedMage wrote:
1 week ago
6/4
The first ability reminds me of Ghostly Prison and Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs, with the disincentive being more straight up and aggressive. The second is super-Thalia, Guardian of Thraben. I feel this part could be ommited, since later on it turns out there is yet another taxation on noncreatures and between those two opponent will be simply under noncreature-Silence until they are sure they will win with whatever they need to cast. The first part of the last ability looks okay, but "Your Lightning Bolt cantrips with kicker " seems not really boros. It is much more then that and it obviously works with the first ability as well, but still something that feels more for balancing color combinations in commander, then something for standard expansion.
netn10 wrote:
1 week ago
Bothered Alley-Cat WB
Ward—2, Pay 2 life.
2/2
Do you investigate twice if this is your only creature on the board when Inspect triggers? Inspect probably needs some tinkering on templating front. I also wonder how fast it would spiral out of control: even if this only investigates once, then you get card parity from destroy effects (obviously exile dodges this, and I think damage based removal would as well, because it does not "destroy", it marks damage and the creature dies due to state-based-actions), but with more detectives and especially with more Inspect triggers it could quickly lead to quite a card advantage if opponent tries to do anything.
Sagharri wrote:
1 week ago
Flying
1WU, Sacrifice a Clue: Detain target artifact or creature an opponent controls. Activate this ability once each turn.
2/1
I like it. Simple, but efficient rare, with a perfect flavour even without the flavour text. I can only praise this design.
soullord222 wrote:
1 week ago
Malicious Towncrier 1RB
Creature — Human Wolf
Menace, Haste

At the beginning of your postcombat mainphase, each opponent who lost life this turn investigates. Then you investigate X times, where X is the amount of opponents who investigated this way.

Hear me, hear me.
I will simply acknowledge that formating is little off the standard, either WoTC one, or the popular one here. This does not have rarity and that is a real problem. Even a bigger one is lack of p/t, so this is impossible to judge beyond some vague comment on the ability. In 1v1, this looks like a riff on symmetrical draw, something white does recently; even in multiplayer this looks similiar to Cut a Deal, not to mention white's frequent use of clues. I would prefer this as an Orzohv card that would be somewhat a mutation of Tymna the Weaver.
EsperCormorant wrote:
1 week ago
The Eldritch Moon Rises
Enchantment - Saga (R)
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
I: Create a colorless Cryptolith artifact token with ": Add . Spend this mana only to cast colorless spells or activate abilities of colorless permanents"
II: Investigate twice. (Create two colorless Clue artifact tokens with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")
III: Whenever you sacrifice a non-Eldrazi permanent this turn, create a colorless 3/2 Eldrazi Horror creature token.
It is a nice, self-contained package that gives you potential ramp, a card, 3/2 token and Clue token, that still leaves room to some clever interactions with the last last chapter. I will repeat a point raised before, that based on Cryptolith Rite and Weirding Wood Cryptoliths were associated more with rainbow mana, but this was before Powerstones, so maybe some changes are in order.

Top 3
1. Sagharri
2. EsperCormorant
3. Komandon

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 2 hours ago

Critiques
Show
Hide

MonoRedMage wrote:
1 week ago
6/4
Seems like a lot going on here for five mana but all the abilities fit Boros except … or an opponent casts a noncreature spell.. Seems a bit over kill.
netn10 wrote:
1 week ago
Bothered Alley-Cat WB
Ward—2, Pay 2 life.
2/2
Interested. A flavor ability that gives all your detectives so like slivers but also that ability so it stacks like other action abilities.
Sagharri wrote:
1 week ago
Flying
2/1
I like detain being used. I was going to but saw yours and yours was a clean card that what I was going to do.
soullord222 wrote:
1 week ago
Malicious Towncrier 1RB
Creature — Human Wolf
Menace, Haste

Hear me, hear me.
Wolf and town(crier). Like the boy that cried wolf.
EsperCormorant wrote:
1 week ago
The Eldritch Moon Rises
Enchantment - Saga (R)
A token similar but in some cases better than a powerstone just not to over powers. I was going to say each part making a token is odd but I definitely think I saw that before just not different kinds (not all creature tokens) so this is way better. And green and blue allowing copy and populate effects so definitely simic.
Wren wrote:
1 week ago
3/4
//
Eloise, the Broken Mind
Menace
5/5
Ah. An overworked sleuth. You fit it in nicely then she transforms for vengeance for too much paperwork. *evil laugh*
Top 3
Show
Hide

1st: Sagharri
2nd: netn10
3rd: Wren

KB52665

Post by KB52665 » 1 hour ago

Top 3:
1. Marioguy
2. Komandon