The CCL Discussion Thread

Lorn Asbord Schutta
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

There are less then 12 hours towards the end of critiques period. I know, that this detail can get lost, but the rounds this month stop at 12:00 EST, not at 23:59 EST of a day mentioned in a deadline.
Since we lack in both critiques and top 3, there will be a one day extension to 20th March 12:00 EST. After that the signups will close no matter what.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

@Henlock, will you be able to finish your round's 2 critiques in one or two hours? The round should be closed by now.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

There will be a two day extension - to Thursday, 25th March, 12:00 EST - for round 3 in March. Hopefully @Henlock; @slimytrout; @void_nothing; @MonoRedMage; @Daylit will all provide the submission by that time.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

@Henlock, there are less then 10 hours to enter.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Less then a day left for critiques and top 3!

Lorn Asbord Schutta

There will be a one day extension. I was hoping to resolve round 4 before Easter, but it seems that it will not happen.
@void_nothing; @RaikouRider; @MonoRedMage; @Daylit; please make at least top 3 if you have no time for critiques.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

The round 4 of March is up!
As you can see, the period for the critiques for this round is rather long. This is due to Easter, so that any of the participants celebrating those holidays can spend them without at least one - if only a minor - of the worries in those troubling times.

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 3 years ago

Just to be clear, is our 3-color card limited to having abilities with only one of those colors? I.e., I couldn't design a WUB card with W, U, B abilities?

Lorn Asbord Schutta

slimytrout wrote:
3 years ago
Just to be clear, is our 3-color card limited to having abilities with only one of those colors? I.e., I couldn't design a WUB card with W, U, B abilities?
The intent was to have only one color among the abilities.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Bumping @Henlock.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Few hours left till the end of critiques period!
@Henlock?

Lorn Asbord Schutta

I want to apologize for the unnescessary delay. Anyway, the last round is here.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

The poll for the March finals is here!
The poll runs for five days from now, so do not wait or you will miss it.
I want to thank again both of the finalists for such quick submissions. It was enormous help with fixing the schedule for this month.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 2 years ago

And for those who have not seen the poll's results, @slimytrout is the March CCL winner! Congratulations!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Putting out a call for a volunteer to host the May edition of the CCL.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dangerousdice

Post by dangerousdice » 2 years ago

what requirements are their for becoming a judge?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

dangerousdice wrote:
2 years ago
First you need to come up with a theme and challenges for the month. Then, as it's your first time, I'll have to show you the thread formatting and how to calculate scores. That's it!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dangerousdice

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
dangerousdice wrote:
2 years ago
First you need to come up with a theme and challenges for the month. Then, as it's your first time, I'll have to show you the thread formatting and how to calculate scores. That's it!
okay! I might have some trouble with formating, but I can try!

edit: to clarify, I dont know how to add images and the like, so i'd need someone to tell me how to.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

In that case - if you're new to bbcode in general, I'd suggest learning that first before trying to host a CCL - I'd also suggest playing in the contest as well. Figuring out what tags to use as well as the rules and scoring, plus coming up with the round challenges, is a lot to do at once. I really appreciate your eagerness though!

The bbcode guide can be found here. I think I can handle this month, and once you've familiarized yourself with all of the above I'd be glad to have you on in a later month.

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 2 years ago

Clarification question(s) for the finals: does being the speaker of a quote count as "refers to"? If not, is there anything else that doesn't count?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

slimytrout wrote:
2 years ago
Clarification question(s) for the finals: does being the speaker of a quote count as "refers to"? If not, is there anything else that doesn't count?
Speaker of the quote is absolutely fine and was one of the primary things I intended. Basically if the card is mentioned in any way it counts.

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Hi everybody,

Sorry I dissapeared mid-round all those months ago. I had some major life changes occur unexpectedly. I probably wont be posting as much but I just wanted to drop in and say sorry about that.

Creating cards here has been a lot of fun and I appreciate all of you. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into things soon.

-Pyg

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
Hi everybody,

Sorry I dissapeared mid-round all those months ago. I had some major life changes occur unexpectedly. I probably wont be posting as much but I just wanted to drop in and say sorry about that.

Creating cards here has been a lot of fun and I appreciate all of you. Hopefully I'll be able to get back into things soon.

-Pyg
I wish you the best in your life and I hope to see you back again here very soon.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

dangerousdice

@JessWill your card has a mana value of 2.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”