The CCL Discussion Thread

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Ink-Treader wrote:
2 years ago
@void_nothing Question regarding the November finals: Are hybrid and/or Phyrexian mana symbols valid for the rules text requirement?
Absolutely, that's just fine. As long as the "other color" requirement is also satisfied.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

November's final poll is up! Your vote is important!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Just over one day left in December's Round 2 - and even if you didn't enter round 1 you can still get in on the CCL by designing a card for this round!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Congratulations to November's winner @slimytrout!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Putting out the call at this time for a host for next month's CCL.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Legend wrote:
2 years ago
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
@Legend Yes, your entry is valid.
Does my card not meet the challenge?
Not actually for me to say - I didn't put in any clarifications, but in the CCL it's always up to the critiquers to decide if a card fit a challenge to their standards.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 2 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
I can do it.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
2 years ago
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
I can do it.
All yours.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

I am sorry for the delay, I slept through whole January 1st.
But, with that behind us, the first round of this month CCL is here!

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
2 years ago
CCL December Signups/Round 1

"Harps and Horns"
@Lorn Asbord Schutta I'm sure this is just an oversight from a copy and paste, but this should say January instead of December.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Seeing that we have 8 submissions for round 1 at moment, it will be extended for 24 hours. Afterwards, the round 1 will be closed.
In the event we have no further contestants in round 1 and round 2, the third round of January will be top 6, instead of top 8.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

As both rounds are closed, the last remaining part of the signups rounds are the critiques and top 3.
Please, try to at least provide a top 3 list.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Looking for a host for next month's CCL!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

February's CCL has kicked off.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

I am sorry for delay.
The round 4 of January CCL is up!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Don't forget that February's round 1 is still open!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

February's Round 1 critiques have started, and you can freely enter in Round 2 even if you didn't participate in the first round!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Don't think it's too early to put out feelers - anyone interested in hosting the CCL next month?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

A busy day for the CCL: March has begun. February's round 3 is available for top 6 finishers. And January's final poll is up.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Congratulations to the winner of January CCL, @Subject16 !

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

If you are interested in hosting April's CCL, please let me know.

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 1 year ago

@RaikouRider I don't know why scryfall still identifies Daring Fiendbonder as using a unique counter, but I wanted to give you a heads up that indestructible counters have now been used on a number of cards, including several that are legal in standard.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

slimytrout wrote:
1 year ago
@RaikouRider I don't know why scryfall still identifies Daring Fiendbonder as using a unique counter, but I wanted to give you a heads up that indestructible counters have now been used on a number of cards, including several that are legal in standard.
The reason for that is that Scryfall Tagger is all user-submitted. If you're using it as a reference in the future I recommend double-checking whatever the tag might be just using a regular search in Scryfall (and also I think I have a cleanup project on my hands at some point).

Also, with the month winding down, I'm now putting out the call for a host for May's CCL!

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 1 year ago

I can host in May.

barbecube

Post by barbecube » 1 year ago

"this card would give the rules manager an aneurysm"

Look if we're not challenging them, they're getting paid for nothing ^_^
formerly willows

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”