The MCC Discussion Thread

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

slimytrout wrote:
2 years ago
I'm afraid I just got a Lyme diagnosis and the symptoms have been kicking my butt, so my May final judgements will be a bit delayed -- will get them done once the antibiotics start to kick in.
Ouch, get well soon.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

@Lorn Asbord Schutta deserves another mention for a tremendous victory in May's MCC with a very flavorful final round card.

Unrelatedly, is anyone interested in hosting the MCC in July?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 2 years ago

And I want to give my thanks to @netn10 for being a rival finalist and to @void_nothing and @slimytrout for judging.

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 2 years ago

It is unlikely to matter given how the scores stand, but I felt it would be a bit dishonest not to report my own card for a Quality error that I just noticed: the templating update as of MH2 is that the card should read "Activate only if there are two or fewer..." -- it no longer needs to include the "this ability" text. @StonerOfKruphix

StonerOfKruphix

Post by StonerOfKruphix » 2 years ago

slimytrout wrote:
2 years ago
It is unlikely to matter given how the scores stand, but I felt it would be a bit dishonest not to report my own card for a Quality error that I just noticed: the templating update as of MH2 is that the card should read "Activate only if there are two or fewer..." -- it no longer needs to include the "this ability" text. @StonerOfKruphix
Great demonstration of fair play! To be honest, I wasn't aware of the new template, so I'll correct the score right now.

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 2 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
And the round is closed - I'll be solo judging this month, so please bear with me.
You shouldn't have to judge alone -- I can hop in and help out. To be honest, I meant to volunteer earlier but lost track of when the round was ending.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

slimytrout wrote:
2 years ago
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
And the round is closed - I'll be solo judging this month, so please bear with me.
You shouldn't have to judge alone -- I can hop in and help out. To be honest, I meant to volunteer earlier but lost track of when the round was ending.
I'm really glad to hear that. Thank you, I'm closing the round for real now and will include you in the judge assignments.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

@void_nothing

I have two questions regarding the second round of July.
First, does the card has to change zones? Or can it stay on the battlefield, as long as it is due to replacement effect of dying?
Secondly, could the effect be conditional, for instance:
"If this creature would die, if [condition], put it into [zone] instead of graveyard."?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
2 years ago
@void_nothing

I have two questions regarding the second round of July.
First, does the card has to change zones? Or can it stay on the battlefield, as long as it is due to replacement effect of dying?
Secondly, could the effect be conditional, for instance:
"If this creature would die, if [condition], put it into [zone] instead of graveyard."?
Both of those are fine. The idea is, under some conditions, the card can cause dying creatures not to go to a graveyard.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Seeking an organizer for the MCC in August.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The month of August is still open for an organizer.

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

@void_nothing Clarification for July Round 3:
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Subchallenge 2: Your card does not have any non-evergreen mechanics.
Does this actually mean "non-evergreen keywords" or "any rules text except for evergreen keywords"? The card can't have non-evergreen keywords, that's clear, but can it have un-keyworded non-evergreen rules text, or it can't have any rules text besides evergreen keywords? Thanks in advance.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

No non-evergreen keywords, ability words, or keyword actions.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

@void_nothing I am currently hitchhiking and I have internet access only from time to time. I will try to make a submission for July today, but I am waiting for clarification in rules discussion. If I would not do it today, I will try to make it as early as possible, but since I cannot predict the next time I will have internet connection, feel free to close the round if you decide that the wait takes to long.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
2 years ago
@void_nothing I am currently hitchhiking and I have internet access only from time to time. I will try to make a submission for July today, but I am waiting for clarification in rules discussion. If I would not do it today, I will try to make it as early as possible, but since I cannot predict the next time I will have internet connection, feel free to close the round if you decide that the wait takes to long.
I'm happy to grant you an extension.

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur

Post by vishamon » 2 years ago

@void_nothing Does "variable power and toughness" only refer to */* and X/X, or are cards that boost their own power/toughness or give themselves +1/+1 counters also not going to score those points?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

vishamon wrote:
2 years ago
@void_nothing Does "variable power and toughness" only refer to */* and X/X, or are cards that boost their own power/toughness or give themselves +1/+1 counters also not going to score those points?
The former. No */* or X/X is allowed. Of course stuff like Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar is basically skirting the challenge and probably won't get the full point.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Will take care of July's MCC round 3 and August round 1 tomorrow.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

August round 1 judgments and round 2 should be out tomorrow night. Apologies for the long delay - this weekend has been very busy.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Currently looking for an organizer for September's MCC!

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 2 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
August MCC, Round 3 - Cephalopod Time

Main Challenge: Design a Nautilus, Octopus, or Squid creature card
Subchallenge 1: Your card is not blue.
Just to make sure - it is about only card's color, not color identity, right?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Sagharri wrote:
2 years ago
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
August MCC, Round 3 - Cephalopod Time

Main Challenge: Design a Nautilus, Octopus, or Squid creature card
Subchallenge 1: Your card is not blue.
Just to make sure - it is about only card's color, not color identity, right?
Yes, only color matters.

RaikouRider

Post by RaikouRider » 2 years ago

@void_nothing Friendly reminder we're still waiting on your judgments for the July MCC.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Finishing July's judgments no later than tomorrow. So sorry to have kept this final hanging for so long!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Judging August round 3 hopefully tomorrow. Meanwhile, judge assignments are now up for September round 1!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”