Raptorchan
56%

Total votes: 9

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

It is time to vote for the winner of the October CCL! Here is the challenge for reference:

Challenge
Design a monocolored creature card of each color and a colorless creature card. Each of them must be at least one of the creature types from the qualifying rounds, listed in the spoiler below. You can't use the same type twice.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Skeleton
Vampire
Zombie
Shade
Specter
Wraith
Eldrazi
Horror
Illusion
Nightmare
Reflection
And here are our top two contestants' beautiful entries:
slimytrout wrote:
4 years ago
Enaya, Envoy of Divinity 4WW
Legendary Creature – Avatar (MR)
When Enaya, Envoy of Divinity enters the battlefield, destroy all creatures that aren't divine. (Angels, Avatars, and Gods are divine.)
Enaya's power and toughness are each equal to the number of divine creatures you control.
"Our patience has run out."
*/*

Nephalia Phantasm 1U
Creature – Illusion (C)
When Nephalia Phantasm becomes the target of a spell, sacrifice it.
Undying (When this creature dies, if it had no +1/+1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control with a +1/+1 counter on it.)
2/1

Surgical Specter 1BB
Creature – Specter (R)
Flying, Haste
Whenever Surgical Specter deals combat damage to a player, choose target card in that player's graveyard other than a basic land. Search that player's graveyard, hand, and library for any number of cards with the same name as that card and exile them. Then that player shuffles their library.
2/2

Eternal Vindicator 3R
Creature - Zombie Jackal Wizard (U)
Afflict 1 (Whenever this creature becomes blocked, defending player loses 1 life.)
Whenever an opponent loses life, creatures you control get +1/+0 until end of turn.
3RR: Eternal Vindicator deals 1 damage to target opponent.
3/3

Vinemaw Lurker G
Creature – Plant Horror (R)
Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on Vinemaw Lurker.
Whenever a land card is put into your graveyard from anywhere, Vinemaw Lurker fights up to one target creature you don't control.
"Go ahead, my coat just got caught on some thorns."
-Vederekt Tarst, last words

0/1

Mind Render 3CC
Creature – Eldrazi (MR)
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player exiles a card from their hand at random. Until end of turn, they may play that card without paying its mana cost.
Players can't cast spells from their hand.
"In its presence, my thoughts rushed away from me like steam from a fumarole."
-Noyan Dar, Tazeem roilmage

4/3
Raptorchan wrote:
4 years ago
Asha, Afterlife Guide 5ww
Legendary Creature - Angel Avatar (M)
Flying
Whenever another nontoken creature you control dies, create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying. If that creature's power was 4 or greater, create a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying instead.
Those on Bant who lived their lives rightfully have a chance.
6/6

Distorted Image 2uu
Creature - Shapeshifter Reflection (R)
You may have Twisted One enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield, except its power and toughness are switched.
Queen Uleté doesn't need mirrors.

Folfhang's Specter 4b
Creature - Specter (R)
Flying
Whenever Folfhang's Specter attacks, it gets -1/-1 for each card in defending player's hand.
Whenever Folfhang's Specter deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card.
The mind empties thought by thought until there is nothing left but him.
5/5

Sparkgorger Elemental 3r
Creature - Nightmare Elemental (R)
When Sparkgorger Elemental enters the battlefield, exile target planeswalker.
When Sparkgorger Elemental leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.
3/4

Terror of Higanshima 1gg
Creature - Treefolk Horror (U)
Trample
5gg: Monstrosity 4.
Whenever Terror of Higanshima enters the battlefield or becomes monstrous, you may have it fight up to one creature you don't control.
People of Avashi spilled blood for many years. Something definetely had to grow from it.
2/3

Essence Borrower 8
Creature - Eldrazi (R)
Emerge 6c
When Essence Borrower enters the battlefield, if its emerge cost was paid and sacrificed creature had first strike, it gains first strike. The same is true for flying, deathtouch, double strike, haste, hexproof, indestructible, lifelink, menace, reach, skulk, trample, and vigilance.
6/7
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Congratulations are in order for Raptorchan for the narrow victory!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 4 years ago

Yes, congratulations! I particularly admired your use of the very unusual Reflection type throughout the contest!

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Raptorchan » 4 years ago

Just noticed I messed up with the name in rules text... My first ever CCL victory btw. Thank you all!

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”