New Challenge Every Day?

Locked Previous topicNext topic
starjake
Pronoun: he / him

Post by starjake » 4 years ago

There used to be a game called New Challenge Every Day that was similar to the DCC, but had a daily theme. For those of us who find it easier to create cards when having some kind of direction, this was a lot easier and more fun than the DCC. Can we bring that back?

.::Rules of the Game::.
This contest is a hybrid of the DCC and IIW/winner is judge games like Club Flamingo. If you are unfamiliar with either of those the rules for this contest will be explained below, but if you have any questions feel free to ask in the discussion thread.

Anyone can enter each day.

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or less entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one)
Make a card that fits the current challenge.
Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win

Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

As per our Quick Reply Games Policy anyone is free to run a new edition of the New Challenge Every Day! I currently cannot do so due to the number of other contests I am managing at this time, but I may be able to do so in the future.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Cardz5000

Post by Cardz5000 » 4 years ago

I would be all for playing in it, but I'm not able to dedicate the time to hosting right now.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Raptorchan » 4 years ago

Seems like we have one already so my help isn't necessary right now.

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America

Post by Flatline » 4 years ago

starjake wrote:
4 years ago
There used to be a game called New Challenge Every Day that was similar to the DCC, but had a daily theme. For those of us who find it easier to create cards when having some kind of direction, this was a lot easier and more fun than the DCC.
I guess I understand where you're coming from, but it seems odd to me that imposing a limitation would make designing easier. I mean it's literally called a challenge. :) If some sort of limiting challenge is helpful, you can just put one on yourself. Right? I don't bring this up to be rude in any way. I just find it interesting. I never really thought about a limiting challenge making design easier before.
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
(25 Total) - October 2014; December 2014; January 2015; April 2015; June 2015; August 2015; September 2015; November 2015; December 2015(T); January 2016; March 2016(T); April 2016; June 2016; October 2016; December 2016(T); February 2017; April 2017; December 2017; November 2018(T); January 2019; April 2019; June 2019; August 2019; October 2019; March 2020
MCC
Show
Hide
(8 Total) - May 2015; May 2016; June 2016; August 2016; October 2016; December 2016; October 2017; May 2019
CCL
Show
Hide
(7 Total) - September 2015; October 2015; January 2016; March 2016; April 2016; July 2016(T); March 2019(T)

starjake

Post by starjake » 4 years ago

No offense taken. It's akin to a writer with a blank page or a painter with an empty canvas. I see it as an analysis paralysis issue: there are so many directions you could go that you end up going nowhere.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Raptorchan » 4 years ago

What do you guys think if we try to restart New Challenge Everyday with "sandwich" subtheme in September again for once?
(Sandwich subtheme is - every player provides the theme for the next day list of themes and each card made by a player next day should have two of said themes included).

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”