Mythic Championship 4 Discussion

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

This will be the official thread for Mythic Championship 4 in Barcelona, Spain from July 26th to 28th.

The formats being Modern and Modern Horizons draft (being given 3 packs of Horizons to draft.

Day 1 will be 3 rounds of Modern Horizons Draft followed by 5 rounds of Modern.

Day 2 will also consist of 3 rounds of Modern Horizons Draft then 5 rounds of Modern

the Top 8 will be single elimination, 3 of 5 matches in modern, with first 2 games being pre-sideboard

the official hashtag is #Mythicchampionship4 and the coverage starts at 9am local (CEST) on twitch.tv/magic

the official page for MC 4 is Here

I think the major story going into this is how the format will be impacted by the ban of bridge from below. Will Hogaak decks still be good, will the format return to how it was or will new Horizons cards show up?

rujasu
Pronoun: they / them

Post by rujasu » 4 years ago

Bold prediction: Merfolk is gonna go undefeated!

(probably because no top players will play it, but still)

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

part of me was wanting to just stay up late to watch it due to time zone differences but I actually have to be somewhere. On the plus side by the time I'm finished I'll be able to watch the entire day 1

I was listening to the Arena Decklist and they seem to be high on Jund right now and Gerry T is playing it this weekend

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Professional Play”