Official MPL Discussion

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

Taken from WotC description of the MPL
SPOILER
Show
Hide
The Magic Pro League features 32 of the top players in the world showcasing Magic at the highest level. Each member is offered player and streamer contracts by Wizards of the Coast, ensuring they can continue to compete as a viable career for years to come. Follow along as the MPL faces off in weekly league matches and Mythic Championships to find out who will be crowned best of the best.
Basically, the Magic Pro League or MPL for short, consists of 32 pro players that have been offered contracts by WotC. These players are automatically qualified for Mythic Championships. They also compete against each other in weekly events on Arena and Mythic Level events in both paper and on Arena. The first weekly split of MPL players competing against each other was the Spark Split, which started May 11th. Many Arena events will consist of MPL players facing off against various "challengers" , which will be top players who aren't in the MPL

As of right now, the MPL consists of these players which I took from the WotC site.

1. Brian Braun Duin (BBD)
2. Autumn Burchett (winner of first Mythic Championship)
3. Shahar Shenhar
4. Marcio Carvalho
5.Andrea Mengucci
6. Javier Dominguez
7. Brad Nelson
8. Reid Duke
9. Jean-Emmanuel Depraz
10. Alexander Hayne
11. Seth Manfield
12. Ken Yukohrio
`13. Piotr Glogowski
14. Rei Sato
15. Shota Yasooka
16. Lee Shi Tian
17. Martin Juza
18. William "Huey" Jensen
19. Paulo Vitor Damo da Rosa (PVDDR/PV)
20. John Rolf
21. Andrew Cuneo
22. Lucas Esper Berthoud
23. Carlos Ramao
24. Eric Froehlich
25. Matt Nass
26. Grzegorz Kowalski
27. Mike Sigrist
28. Christian Hauck
29. Ben Stark
30. Jessica Estephan
31. Luis Salvatto
32. Janne Mikkonen

I believe the MPL will consist of the most amount of highest pro points from the previous season but I'm not 100% sure how to qualify for it so please correct me if I am incorrect

I'd appreciate it if we could keep relevant discussion on the MPL to this thread but if it comes up in other threads, I'll be fine as long as it relates to the topic of other threads

rujasu
Pronoun: they / them

Post by rujasu » 4 years ago

I believe the MPL will consist of the most amount of highest pro points from the previous season but I'm not 100% sure how to qualify for it so please correct me if I am incorrect
As far as I know, it's not clear yet. Since the initial roster, a few people have dropped out of the MPL, and their replacements have been pretty much whoever WoTC picked.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Professional Play”