Want to draft old sets for free? Join the XMage Draft Historical Society!

TandEm
Pronoun: he / him

Post by TandEm » 3 years ago

Greetings fellow draft aficionados! Our draft group, the XMage Draft Historical Society, is THE place to be if you love to draft and want to experience Magic's rich 28 year history. It's also completely free!

We run weekly throwback drafts of old "historical" sets, working our way chronologically through the entire history of Magic, with leagues for European, North American and Asia/Pacific players - though members are free to join and play in whatever leagues suit them, regardless of region or time zone. Our drafts fire quickly, often with two tables per draft!

In addition to our weekly Historic Drafts we have themed monthly Chaos Drafts, monthly Community Choice Drafts and the upcoming Season 10 will see the introduction of Flex Drafts - a fortnightly draft where individual members choose the format as a reward for leveling up their Devotion Badge. Devotion Badges are leveled up by playing in our drafts - so even if you're not a god-tier drafter you can still level up your Devotion and earn the choice of draft format for an upcoming Flex Draft.

Here are some upcoming events you won't want to miss:
  • Innistrad! Chosen by popular vote to be our March Community Choice draft - Don't miss a chance to play this beloved format!
  • Invasion / Planeshift / Apocalypse: The final draft of Season 9 - Another iconic block from Magic's past and not to be missed.
  • Winners Choice: What will the Season 9 league champions choose for us to all play? Their favorite set from the past, or something crazy like Portal: Three Kingdoms?
We draft and play using the open-source program XMage - which if you haven't tried before is functionally similar to MTGO but completely free to play! We have guides to get you started and our members are on hand to help you out.

Since its inception in early 2019 the group has:
  • Played 198 drafts totalling 2345 matches
  • Drafted through the entire history of Magic and started over again!
TLDR: Draft old sets for free at the XMage Draft Historical Society: https://discord.gg/YE59Eaj

PeaceRibbon
Creature - Human Student

Post by PeaceRibbon » 3 years ago

I thought the legality of XMage was questionable? I don't know the whole of the copyright laws or anything, but as far as I know it's in violation of them.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

I'm gonna move this thread to self promotion, as it is promoting a group

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Self-Promotion”