Philanthropy - A novel about the unraveling of a superhuman 'benevolent' dictatorship

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 3 years ago

My first book is free this weekend (and til Wednesday I believe):

Note: The amazon link doesn't appear to pick up so here's a link to Reddit, with the link embedded:

It's a fast-paced book heavily influenced by my love of pulp and new wave fiction. I wrote this in Nanowrimo 2012 I believe. Most of my writing background at scale is in either technical writing or running roleplaying games (D&D, Fate system, previously Fudge, Amber Diceless, and more), so it was a big stretch for me to put something cohesive together that didn't have anyone else involved. I loved it, though, and cranked out 65000 words in 17 days. I still think it's a pretty fun read - having read it 6 or 7 times to edit it.

I'd love to hear what you think any way you like - reviews are very important on Amazon, but I'm honestly just trying to improve my writing with this exercise so I'll take whatever. PM, hit me in the thread, hit me on Discord or Email if you have it.

-Ryan
Last edited by pokken 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

did not know you write books. Is there a sample of the first few pages? I'm interested to see. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

pokken

The Fluff wrote:
3 years ago
did not know you write books. Is there a sample of the first few pages? I'm interested to see. :)
You can just get it for free and see whatever you want of it :)

Mookie
Answers: 47
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 3 years ago

Sounds interesting. I'll give it a look!

pokken

The Fluff wrote:
3 years ago
I updated the OP with a working link, two clicks involved. Looks like the Forum does not care for amazon links!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Self-Promotion”